Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Father Refused To Attend My Wedding - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Refused To Attend My Wedding (45971 Views)

My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day / I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by deltateam: 5:38am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:

It's against my faith bro. God had been arranging my life for me since, and this is one of God's institutions , I have to follow his rule..

I respect your faith but the issue is that many people rush into marriage without thinking of some scenarios first.

Remember its for better for worse. In a situation you marry and didn't have children (God forbid).

I hope you won't be disappointed. You may plan ahead for adoption.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by deltateam: 5:40am On Apr 22, 2019
naturefellow:

I hereby endorse the bolded lines in this post. Some fathers can be very antagonistic when they lack financial power or influence in the lives of their children, especially in affairs like wedding. I've experienced it before. It's a extreme hypocrisy. Such are ordinary churchgoers with no true love in their hearts!

Fathers are available for hire in Lagos. In as much as you respect your dad, don't allow him to have a field day in this matter. It's your life, he's lived his. Get on with it with or w/out his support. Best of luck in your next move!

Lol. Fathers are available for hire. cheesy
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Kingdominate(m): 5:50am On Apr 22, 2019
oga impregnate the girl or u want to marry a girl that is barren or the one that will give birth in 10yrs,follow your fathers advance because that what is being done this days.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Marriage26: 5:52am On Apr 22, 2019
deltateam:

I respect your faith but the issue is that many people rush into marriage without thinking of some scenarios first.

Remember its for better for worse. In a situation you marry and didn't have children (God forbid).

I hope you won't be disappointed. You may plan ahead for adoption.

My God is a baby maker, I can not be a baby beggar.

The matter is this, since we've been growing up as kids, my dad had always been warning us about court marriage. listening to him while growing up, he gets angry and gossip about men that goes to registry/wedding, it's more of ideology. Now, churches requires registry before they joined couples together.

Only my mum can change his ideology since they grew up together, currently I tell you, I haven't seen or known anyone who can do it like my mum.

1 Like

Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by kareemkamil(m): 5:52am On Apr 22, 2019
That's show's that you are a bastard.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Phonix16(m): 5:58am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:

My papa no get emotion o... We were brought up with iron hands, bro, the matter pass Abacha regime. He's a dictator... Impregnating before wedding is against my faith but he's surface Christian, and by the way, while growing up, he beats us for not remembering church sermon.

I have met him severally, he never gave any reason, also in the history of the family, I am the first person that want to pay a lady bride price before pregnancy or living together or attempting wedding...
OP get her pregnant we igbo's do it alot n ur Dad will bless ur union
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by dan2976: 5:58am On Apr 22, 2019
first of all according to you, your mum died early this year. that is enough reason for your dad not to want this wedding now. the man is mourning. please give him a bit of peace. i believe it is your insensitive inlaws that are putting pressure on you. leave your dad alone. and whether you like it or not, there is something he has observed that you are too love blind to see. your father is not stupid. all that glitter on your wife to be is not gold. there is no rush to marriage if you like jump in. na you go regret am. 7 years without sex is possible but this particular case is suspect.. and the need to rush you into it at 26 tells me something is wrong. if you think you can honestly do without your fathers blessing after claiming to be a true christain, then i wish you save journey. maybe your father has already told you what the problem os and you didnt get it. are you sure she has a womb? am not saying go and try impregnating.

3 Likes

Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by isaiahethan: 5:58am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:
Good day nairalander,

I am a popular jingo nairalander but got to hide under this moniker...

I have been dating my fiancee for the past 7 years, she had met my parents and I have met her's many times . We planned to get married earlier year. But it was the year my mother left this planet, I informed my family I wanted to get married but they declined, saying, it must be over years of mumsy's demise before I can marry.

We've fixed introduction days 3ice and it got cancelled by my father, what's his reason?

1. NYSC: I was posted to serve in the Northern part of the country 3 years ago, I went to camp, but I couldn't cope with the weather and couldn't leave my business as NYSC won't guarantee me job and I don't have other option. I absconded from the service and faced my business which I saved profits in 7 digits in same year, God made me comfortable.

2: He said I should rather impregnate the girl (backdoor talk)

I am close to my late 20s, he already banned all family members as many depend on him from attending my introduction.

He cancelled my introduction without fixing a new date.

My in-law trust me and ready to release the lady to me as I haven't had sex with her since 2012 that we've been dating...

And Also, God had supplied all I needed for my wedding from A-Z.

Do you think this is a cogent reason?. I want to ahead with my wedding plans...

Kindly advise....Thanks

Go ahead and marry your beloved wife abeg. Your dad don enjoy his life, he should put aside African man reasoning.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Marriage26: 5:59am On Apr 22, 2019
Phonix16:

OP get her pregnant we igbo's do it alot n ur Dad will bless ur union

Bros, I can't .
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Dayoara: 6:00am On Apr 22, 2019
Dear brother, you need to calm down and let the tension cool... What was the reasons your father mentioned for not wanting you to marry her? There should be someone your father respect in the family line go to the person to speak to your father and pray along with it..... If it's God's will things will work out well. Don't be in haste to marry against your parent's wish.... It's risky. Am married I know what it entails.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:05am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:

Oh, so reasons many people were complaining?. I said "Earlier year".

Year that had passed . Not " early this year". grin cheesy

ok

may be tell us your relationship of you and your father
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by donfeluche(m): 6:05am On Apr 22, 2019
if truely you are a Christian read this verse( Act 5:29) since your dad has no other reasonable reason's to give you, please go ahead with your wedding the only person that can stop or you will fear is God Almighty, and as far as you are doing exactly what he ask you to do in the Holy scripture, please go ahead with your plans. impregnating a girl b4 marriage makes your child a bastard. believe it or not, if you get married and your wife can not get pregnant there are other modern means to get her pregnant. Be strong, be courageous and above all put your trust in God not in mortals, that have tendencies to disappoint at any given time
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Donjazzy12(m): 6:07am On Apr 22, 2019
SageMK:
Your dad is being unreasonable.

However, no matter how irrelevant it may seem to you, you need his blessings. Don't take this shít for granted.

Talk to him once again or ask his friends to talk to him.

If he still wants you to get her pregnant before marriage then that means he is harbouring fears about fertility.

So show him your fertility results and make him at ease.

If he's still being unreasonable, go ahead.
You have my ancestors blessings.
There you go again, encouraging someone to disobey his father!
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Donjazzy12(m): 6:10am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:

I have, they spoke to him and he banned them from attending.....

I haven't discussed my next steps with any family members yet.

He's the family breadwinner

If you are richer than my dad, he will never walk with you.

If he can't talk to you anyhow, he will never walk with you.

When we talk of parents blessings, what about my mum that is no more, or people without parents...
I know in your evil heart, you are planning to disobey him. Go ahead, disobey him and marry, you will face hell in that marriage, and that is if she did not kill you first! Your so called fiancee, can she disobey her own father to marry you, if the situation is reversed? Male children always embarrassing themselves!

1 Like

Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:10am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:

It's against my faith bro. God had been arranging my life for me since, and this is one of God's institutions , I have to follow his rule..
You just go into prayers and fasting!!!

Communicate with God and tell him how you want your marriage to be!!!

If you really want your dad to be there tell Him (God) to convince him

Then leave the rest for him!!!

That will be the nod you are looking for!!! Case settled!!!
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Donjazzy12(m): 6:13am On Apr 22, 2019
Blingblings:
Am not sure your dad wants your progress.. Freestyle that man and do your thing. Your dad is a sadist, possibly diabolic. Its obvious he's not happy because you don't depend on him. He wants everyone to be under him. Something else dey involved.

Btw, how did your mum die, are you still sure him no use her for sacrifice??
Another evil son, hating on his own father!
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by densiks: 6:14am On Apr 22, 2019
Parental blessings and approval for marriage is extremely important and can never be trivialized.From a Christian perspective,God has vested delegated authority on your father,there's a spiritual key he holds whether anyone likes it,believes it or not.
Scripture says 'Honor your Father and your mother'...
If your story is factually correct,that young lady you're involved with cannot be more important than your relationship with your father.I'm sure he has been a good father in many respects to date,so don't think he doesn't not want your progress.
I'll advise you to exercise patience and prayerfully explain your position and convictions to him with the help of some senior people he respects,but make sure you don't go ahead with the marriage without his blessings as far as he's alive.
Being a Christian does not give anyone the license to rubbish parental authority.
Wisdom is profitable to direct!
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Donjazzy12(m): 6:14am On Apr 22, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
What do you expect from your dad when you choose to marry a public toilet for a wife?

Your Dad simply wants you to impregnate the olosho first cos he suspect the bitch has no womb - the reason she didn't let you fvck since 2012 you met her.

Weytin old man dey see from where he sitdown, small boy no fit see am even if he climb mountain.
Great advice, but will the fool take it? He is already making up his mind to disobey his father.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Donjazzy12(m): 6:15am On Apr 22, 2019
Florblu:
Marry your wife legally,don't get her pregnant.

Ignore your dad, he will still come around
Evil child!
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Donjazzy12(m): 6:17am On Apr 22, 2019
Donald3d:
grin
I got married recently, I am probably much younger than you are, I was practically in your shoes .
I wouldn't want to give to much details, because privacy is important, but I would say this :
No matter what happens, stand your ground, there is only so much resistance a father can give no matter how strict he is or thinks he is .
I didn't give her belle, I married her because she was a gem I couldn't afford to lose.The kind of girl you only see in fairy tales .
If your wife to be is that kind of girl, don't lose her because of your father's decision.You would regret it for the rest of your life. Just be sure she is worth the fight, if she is. STAND YOUR GROUND.You are a man .

Try and find diplomatic ways to resolve it, pray also a whole lot, you have no idea how much prayers can move mountains.Every man has a weak point, find your father's weak point and use it against him, play the fool if you have to and at the end of the day the end goal is getting your wife.

If the drama gets too much she might leave you, trust me, women don't like too much drama no matter how much they love you, especially in this case when she has been with you this long.

If your father is still "doing strong head", please go to your in-laws collect the list and pay her dowry . You already said they trust you. She is marrying you and not your father, from what you said, its not like he doesn't like the girl, he just wants to be stubborn. But I know he would come around, find his weak point and use it against him and win him over, that's what I did.

Don't suffer a life time of regret losing the love of your life because you couldn't stand up to your father.This is one of of your first tests of being a true man.Please pass it
Marriage26

UPDATE : Since you are Christian consider this bible passage. I reminded myself of it almost everyday :
The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will. Prov 21 VS 1
Make sure you and bae pray and fast fervently together. No battle is insurmountable as long as the person no be God, there is a solution.
Bottom line don't disobey your father!
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Donjazzy12(m): 6:18am On Apr 22, 2019
Lopeztranto:
In anything you do, remember you need your father's blessings.. Your still young..so keep doubling your money and explain to ur bae. Besides I feel your dad is right..give it 2yrs at least..

Just talking my talk ooo
Sweet lady, where are you? I want to marry you!
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by dan2976: 6:18am On Apr 22, 2019
donfeluche:
if truely you are a Christian read this verse( Act 5:29) since your dad has no other reasonable reason's to give you, please go ahead with your wedding the only person that can stop or you will fear is God Almighty, and as far as you are doing exactly what he ask you to do in the Holy scripture, please go ahead with your plans. impregnating a girl b4 marriage makes your child a bastard. believe it or not, if you get married and your wife can not get pregnant there are other modern means to get her pregnant. Be strong, be courageous and above all put your trust in God not in mortals, that have tendencies to disappoint at any given time

the bible says honour your father and your mother that it might be well with you... you cant take away the place of parental blessing away from a child... it doesnt take up to one month inside marriage for somebodies eye to clear. he should give his father time to mourn and stop harrassing the man who is rightfully greiving... unfortunately right now even though he claims to be a christain he is beginning to see the man who brought him to this world and has provided for him before he started making his new money as the devils incarnate. i cant support his cause... his asking for trouble and he will get it.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by ebukamen(m): 6:23am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:
Good day nairalander,

I am a popular jingo nairalander but got to hide under this moniker...

I have been dating my fiancee for the past 7 years, she had met my parents and I have met her's many times . We planned to get married earlier year. But it was the year my mother left this planet, I informed my family I wanted to get married but they declined, saying, it must be over years of mumsy's demise before I can marry.

We've fixed introduction days 3ice and it got cancelled by my father, what's his reason?

1. NYSC: I was posted to serve in the Northern part of the country 3 years ago, I went to camp, but I couldn't cope with the weather and couldn't leave my business as NYSC won't guarantee me job and I don't have other option. I absconded from the service and faced my business which I saved profits in 7 digits in same year, God made me comfortable.

2: He said I should rather impregnate the girl (backdoor talk)

I am close to my late 20s, he already banned all family members as many depend on him from attending my introduction.

He cancelled my introduction without fixing a new date.

My in-law trust me and ready to release the lady to me as I haven't had sex with her since 2012 that we've been dating...

And Also, God had supplied all I needed for my wedding from A-Z.

Do you think this is a cogent reason?. I want to ahead with my wedding plans...

Kindly advise....Thanks

Bros check well ooooohh... This one he's asking you to impregnate her first, it could be he has knowledge about your fertility than you do ooooohh.
It could also mean that he wants to hold you down until for a reason.

None of his reasons are good at all. You are Christian, pray then

Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Marriage26: 6:23am On Apr 22, 2019
donfeluche:

Acts 5:29 is the true driven spirit in this matter bro. Will rather obey God than go with men...
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by olaodun: 6:29am On Apr 22, 2019
If what you have said is the whole truth, don't disobey your father as you mother is no more , Pray very well , buy gift for him show you love him and have father son discussion with him and ask for his advice and guidance , however keep to God's standard of not committing sin. God will see
Thru Marriage is not easy don't rush
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Bet9ja777775: 6:36am On Apr 22, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]See below

Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by kitchen(m): 6:37am On Apr 22, 2019
don't attend his funeral too!!!
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Boyooosa(m): 6:45am On Apr 22, 2019
The story is sketchy tho but if ur father insists based on this flimsy excuse, pls go ahead and marry 2 grin for ur self, its your life. MW, If there is another reason known to u n u r hiding from us for one reason or the other, then stop playing with ur life and get serious. Life is serious!
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by helpee(m): 6:46am On Apr 22, 2019
Donald3d:
grin
I got married recently, I am probably much younger than you are, I was practically in your shoes .
I wouldn't want to give to much details, because privacy is important, but I would say this :
No matter what happens, stand your ground, there is only so much resistance a father can give no matter how strict he is or thinks he is .
I didn't give her belle, I married her because she was a gem I couldn't afford to lose.The kind of girl you only see in fairy tales .
If your wife to be is that kind of girl, don't lose her because of your father's decision.You would regret it for the rest of your life. Just be sure she is worth the fight, if she is. STAND YOUR GROUND.You are a man .

Try and find diplomatic ways to resolve it, pray also a whole lot, you have no idea how much prayers can move mountains.Every man has a weak point, find your father's weak point and use it against him, play the fool if you have to and at the end of the day the end goal is getting your wife.

If the drama gets too much she might leave you, trust me, women don't like too much drama no matter how much they love you, especially in this case when she has been with you this long.

If your father is still "doing strong head", please go to your in-laws collect the list and pay her dowry . You already said they trust you. She is marrying you and not your father, from what you said, its not like he doesn't like the girl, he just wants to be stubborn. But I know he would come around, find his weak point and use it against him and win him over, that's what I did.

Don't suffer a life time of regret losing the love of your life because you couldn't stand up to your father.This is one of of your first tests of being a true man.Please pass it
Marriage26

UPDATE : Since you are Christian consider this bible passage. I reminded myself of it almost everyday :
The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will. Prov 21 VS 1
Make sure you and bae pray and fast fervently together. No battle is insurmountable as long as the person no be God, there is a solution.
You got married recently so you don't even know the kind of wife you see in fairytale. Ninety percent of marriages are like heaven on Earth the first year. You can only tell us your experience after at least 10yrs . I wish you marital bliss though but it is too early to know wether your wife was indeed worth the fight

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Thelma Chiaka Gave Birth To Sextuplets In Texas (Photos) / Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) / Triplets Who Married Their Wives Same Day In Enugu Welcome Baby Boys - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.