Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities (43609 Views)

Femi Ositade Gets $3.5M Scholarships From Harvard, 13 Foreign Universities / 18 foreign Universities Banned By The NUC (see Full List) / "Suspend The Use Of ID Cards, Use Admission Letters" - ESAN President Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by eyinjuege: 5:07pm On Apr 22, 2019
What is the purpose of applying to 10 universities when you can't even afford the fees?
scaramucci:
The way UK Universities dey hawk admission no be here again o. Na so one University from England no wan let me rest. No be by force to come take up admission na. Person no fit jokingly apply again?
Life is harsh in the UK, and there are very few decent jobs. Their citizens dont see the point of taking so much loan to go to university, finish with no decent job and still be in debt. So many are not going to higher institution.
These schools need foreign currency from foreigners to generate revenue. They know you guys in Naija are boxed up- if you know, you know. As per Nigerian prince levels�

2 Likes

Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by obowunmi(m): 5:08pm On Apr 22, 2019
She's fine sha
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by pansophist(m): 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2019
Vellichor:
People sleep on Norway and Sweden but the education in these countries are top-notch. I've a sibling who did his MSc at a tuition-free Uni in Sweden. He got into the same course in the U.S where he would've paid tons of money but chose Sweden and has been working in his field since he finished.

I studied in Finland as well, so yes, I can affirm to your claim. And not just studying free, I was paid to study as well, with many discount and free stuff for students regardless of nationality. The UK is overrated.

2 Likes

Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by erons22(m): 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2019
pansophist:

I studied in Finland as well, so yes, I can affirm to your claim. And not just studying free, I was paid to study as well, with many discount and free stuff for students regardless of nationality. The UK is overrated.

Very overrated and their tution fees is very expensive

1 Like

Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by thesmallgod(m): 5:14pm On Apr 22, 2019
pansophist:

What about getting job after studying in Finland. I heard they only give 6 month visa after your study and if you can't find job within this period, you are required to leave the country.
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by eyinjuege: 5:14pm On Apr 22, 2019
Ubdavis:
I was also admitted. I didn't have the fund, I choose not to be a burden to anyone...

Why did you apply knowing you had no funds? Were you hoping for a scholarship or someone promised to sponsor you?
This is a genuine question please, and I'm not trying to make fun or be silly. I'm just trying to understand why this same lady applied to 10 schools, knowing she can't afford any of them.

1 Like

Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by pansophist(m): 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
thesmallgod:

What about getting job after studying in Finland. I heard they only give 6 month visa after your study and if you can't find job within this period, you are required to leave the country.

As at when I studied then, yes, it was like this. Dont know about now. But again, it's any job. So even a menial job meets the requirement.

2 Likes

Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 22, 2019
DannyDarvay:
There is no big deal with that especially for MSC. Getting admission to UK universities are very easy once you have your qualification because they are steady looking for foreigners that will come and pay the big bucks. If you apply for 20 universities you will still get admission all you do is select the one you are very ok with.
Only for my bsc I applied to six universities and all six universities gave me admission and I opted for the cheapest which was Coventry University.

Tell them pls, some people seem to think all Nigerians have low IQ, Infact it's easier to get admission abroad than Nigeria. no matter how good of a result you have
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by Silumi(f): 5:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
Wohhhhh flaunt it girl.big congratulations.hmm the oil of grace
The plenty bad belle people on nairaland ehh congratulate the girl and go in peace NO o "its not a big deal its this its that" how many do you have? ��who even know you.what have you even achieved mtchh even if you have achieved no reason to trivialise peoples' accomplishments.
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by Platony(m): 5:20pm On Apr 22, 2019
Gather here if u believe it is the

LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS she'll choose. cool cool
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by erons22(m): 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2019
eyinjuege:

Why did you apply knowing you had no funds? Were you hoping for a scholarship or someone promised to sponsor you?
This is a genuine question please, and I'm not trying to make fun or be silly. I'm just trying to understand why this same lady applied to 10 schools, knowing she can't afford any of them.

It's because of scholarship i remeber helping my sister searching for scholarship i helped her to apply for more than 15 universities
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by eyinjuege: 5:30pm On Apr 22, 2019
erons22:

It's because of scholarship i remeber helping my sister searching for scholarship i helped her to apply for more than 15 universities

Wow, did she get then? If na naija scholarships, those in charge give to their friends and relatives. Sad but true
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by pinkygurl(f): 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2019
goldcoinhub:
A Nigerian lady has secured admission into 10 foreign Universities to study for her M.Sc

The lady identified as Franka Anyama Undie, is a Cross River State indigene and a graduate of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife where she studied Accountancy and graduated with a very strong Second Class Upper.

In her words:

After graduation, she applied to a number of foreign universities and was offered admission in the 10 Universities listed below:

1) Griffith College Dublin: MSc in International Business and Law.
2) University of Essex: MSc Actuarial Science.
3) University of Sussex: Master of Science Information Technology with Business and Management.
4) Cranfield University: MSc Management and Information Systems.
5) University of Dundee: MSc International Oil and Gas Management.
6) University of Manchester: MSc Management and Information Systems: Change and Development.
7) Loughborough University: MSc Information Management and Business Technology.
cool University of Strathclyde: MSc International Management.
9) University of Nottingham: Master of Science Information Systems and Operations Management.
10) London School of Economics: Masters of Science in Management of Information systems and Digital Innovation.
11) University of Greenwich: MSc Global Oil and Gas Management.

Franka is right now searching for a sponsor that will help her achieve her dream as she intends to study for Masters of Science Information Technology with Business and Management at The University of Sussex.

https://lailasnews.com/very-brilliant-nigerian-lady-poses-with-10-admission-letters-she-got-from-foreign-universities/

Wowwwww
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by erons22(m): 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2019
eyinjuege:

Wow, did she get then? If na naija scholarships, those in charge give to their friends and relatives. Sad but true

Actually no but she end up doing her M.s.c in canada which is very afdordable and now she is working there
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by pinkygurl(f): 5:35pm On Apr 22, 2019
Vellichor:
People sleep on Norway and Sweden but the education in these countries are top-notch. I've a sibling who did his MSc at a tuition-free Uni in Sweden. He got into the same course in the U.S where he would've paid tons of money but chose Sweden and has been working in his field since he finished.
grin
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by Bifrost: 5:40pm On Apr 22, 2019
goldcoinhub:
A Nigerian lady has secured admission into 10 foreign Universities to study for her M.Sc

The lady identified as Franka Anyama Undie, is a Cross River State indigene and a graduate of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife where she studied Accountancy and graduated with a very strong Second Class Upper.

In her words:

After graduation, she applied to a number of foreign universities and was offered admission in the 10 Universities listed below:

3) University of Sussex: Master of Science Information Technology with Business and Management.
6) University of Manchester: MSc Management and Information Systems: Change and Development.
9) University of Nottingham: Master of Science Information Systems and Operations Management.
10) London School of Economics: Masters of Science in Management of Information systems and Digital Innovation.

Franka is right now searching for a sponsor that will help her achieve her dream as she intends to study for Masters of Science Information Technology with Business and Management at The University of Sussex.

https://lailasnews.com/very-brilliant-nigerian-lady-poses-with-10-admission-letters-she-got-from-foreign-universities/

There's nothing special here.
And, 2¹ is 2¹! There's really no need to emphasise on 'very strong' there!

And any tom dick or harry can get admitted into UK universities. So, nothing special.

If she had taken the GRE and aced it with a perfect 370/370 and got multiple offers from ivy league schools. Then it would have been special.

P.S: She won't be soliciting for funds, because she'll be fully funded in all her offers.

2 Likes

Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by eyinjuege: 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2019
erons22:

Actually no but she end up doing her M.s.c in canada which is very afdordable and now she is working there

That's good for her. If she had done it in the UK, she wouldn't have been able to stay back after finishing her studies.
Anyone planning to stay back and work abroad to gain some experience after finishing their studies shouldn't just bother with the UK. North America is better for that purpose

2 Likes

Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by Admitwithschola: 5:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
Psoul:
All these ppl saying that it is easy to get and rubbish like that, is it too difficult for u guys to say congratulation to the young lady?
If it is breast that she is flaunting now, the whole Nairaland community will come against her that women have nothing to offer apart from breast and nyash.

Those that cannot achieve anything are always the first to criticize achievements in order to cover up for what they cannot do. Drag the high flyers to the same level of none flyers. That is always their project.

I think you've a point we should've said congratulations. Just that we humans are foolishly wired to congratulate an unusual outcome.

I'll go edit my previous submission and start with congrats!
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by Sayboy: 5:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
Lol

Getting scholarship without funding is like having a plate without food.
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by Admitwithschola: 5:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
pansophist:
When you can get 10 different admission letters in countries like Norway where education is free and world class, then, I will consider this commendable. I remember when I applied for a bachelor degree in London less than a decade ago, and I got a place even without WAEC result. They issued a conditional admission letter, to make it unconditional when I issue my waec result. Filling the admission form was enough to secure me a place, without any certificate from my part.

UK education is capitalist, it's all about money. The unqualified will always be issued a place, but the question is, can you pay for it?

Oga sir, please be specific. UK is big, your post can mislead people.

London South Bank and co etc might do that..Imperial College or UCL won't ever do that. I'm not even mentioning Oxford sef
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by DannyDarvay(m): 6:00pm On Apr 22, 2019
yus248:
Hmm.. Tnk u.. I will try dat nw

Applying and getting the admission is not the issue, hope you have enough money and I mean enough money. I don't think any fees is below £15,000 a year at the moment and that's just school fees, not accommodation or feeding as an international student.

You must have a loaded sponsor because you will only be allowed to work 20hours a week as a student and that can only earn you some little cash to pay your bills and feed but anything school fees issue ensure your sponsor loaded because there is no kind of job you can do as a student to save money for school fees. Most bsc courses are 3years if you get direct admission to uni of 4years if you go through the foundation program which is a year in a college then direct to uni to start your degree program.
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 22, 2019
pansophist:

Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by chisani(m): 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2019
Finance is key!!! That is one of the factor holding some people down. Congrats to her!!!!!
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by tony5(m): 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2019
So We Should Be Frying Beans,abi?
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by DannyDarvay(m): 6:08pm On Apr 22, 2019
eyinjuege:
What is the purpose of applying to 10 universities when you can't even afford the fees?

Life is harsh in the UK, and there are very few decent jobs. Their citizens dont see the point of taking so much loan to go to university, finish with no decent job and still be in debt. So many are not going to higher institution.
These schools need foreign currency from foreigners to generate revenue. They know you guys in Naija are boxed up- if you know, you know. As per Nigerian prince levels�

That's true. I remember in my class then we foreign students were paying £9500 per year for just school fees, excluding accommodation and feeding while the citizens were paying about £2,000 and they are given the loans for their fees and I think a little government allowances as well. Though the education system is sound they are really extorting foreigners and that's why they dash out admissions anyhow as long as you got the money to pay.

1 Like

Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by Guruindahouse(m): 6:13pm On Apr 22, 2019
If you know you know. Na her money dey wan collect. Let her get scholarship in one of the ten schools now instead of looking for who to sponsor her.

There are some courses in certain Canadian universities that without first class result, they will not even allow you to apply at all not to talk of giving you admission.
goldcoinhub:

In her words:

1 Like

Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by eyinjuege: 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
DannyDarvay:

That's true. I remember in my class then we foreign students were paying £9500 per year for just school fees, excluding accommodation and feeding while the citizens were paying about £2,000 and they are given the loans for their fees and I think a little government allowances as well. Though the education system is sound they are really extorting foreigners and that's why they dash out admissions anyhow as long as you got the money to pay.

Their citizens now pay about 7-8K per session for undergraduate studies. I'm not sure of what undergraduate foreigners pay now.
Postgraudate MSc for decent schools like 12 years ago was about 15K tuition and their citizens 4K.
It's one of their main sources of generating revenue for their schools o. They're not smiling at all

1 Like

Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by 9jaRealist: 6:24pm On Apr 22, 2019
BEANSANDBREAD00:
She looks like the daughter of a rich man, I can bet my two balls that she didn’t write waec with her brains

It is very easy to get an admission abroad they make a lot of money from foreign students

First, you write as if you have no brain...
And now you are about to lose your balls. cheesy

The misogyny and sexism of Nigerians is on an entirely different level. SMH
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by ultron12345: 6:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
DannyDarvay:
There is no big deal with that especially for MSC. Getting admission to UK universities are very easy once you have your qualification because they are steady looking for foreigners that will come and pay the big bucks. If you apply for 20 universities you will still get admission all you do is select the one you are very ok with.
Only for my bsc I applied to six universities and all six universities gave me admission and I opted for the cheapest which was Coventry University.
Pls, do these easy admission universities include top universities like Oxford, Cambridge, UCL
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by DannyDarvay(m): 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2019
ultron12345:
Pls, do these easy admission universities include top universities like Oxford, Cambridge, UCL

Noooooo. Those universities are so excluded. Their own process it very hard and different. Even their students hardly associate with students from other universities because they look at them as inferior. I had a friend in Oxford brooks which is also in Oxford city, the students of Oxford uni see them as inferior.
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by jesmond3945: 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
erons22:
This is no big deal na it is very easy to get admission into any foreign university especially in the UK, apply for admission 5days time dem go send u congratulation u have been offered admission especially that newcastle university and the rest
why you mention newcastle?
Re: Franka Anyama Undie Gets 10 Admission Letters From 10 Foreign Universities by DannyDarvay(m): 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
eyinjuege:

Their citizens now pay about 7-8K per session for undergraduate studies. I'm not sure of what undergraduate foreigners pay now.
Postgraudate MSc for decent schools like 12 years ago was about 15K tuition and their citizens 4K.
It's one of their main sources of generating revenue for their schools o. They're not smiling at all

Yes that's why I mentioned in one of the comments I made that that was then. Even my school now is about £15,000 to £18,000. International students still pay double and mind you my school Coventry University is one amongst the cheapest in the UK. Other universities should be between 20k to 30k pounds right now depending on the university.

My time in the UK was from 2004 and I left there in 2010 when I saw that working there wasn't so soft for me so the difference should be clear that its very different now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ezeunala Ekene Franklin, Others Offered $4.35M Scholarships To Study In US / Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room / UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.