Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! (27016 Views)

(NEW Info)why Your Contributory Pension Scheme Will Disappoint You At Old Age / Union Bank Eket Branch Want To Forfeit My Dad Contributory Pension Funds. HELP! / Bankers/lawyers Help! I Am About To Loose My Dad's Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by yetunsbay(m): 6:28pm On Apr 26, 2019
Rilley:
Just forget it
if I tear u slap

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by tobie247(m): 6:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
penzino:

Go to the court,

1. Get an affidavit for next of kin
2. get a probate letter or letter of administration(depends on the amount in the account/pension)
3. Take the probate letter or LOA to the bank. the bank will advice the court of the balance in the account or the LOA will show the amount with the pension admin
4. if its the probate letter, the account will be closed and a draft raised in favor of the court. the court will inform you when to come for the cash
5. if its LOA, the administrators on the LOA will have to open an ESTATE account and advice the pension administrators with the account number. Then the benefits can be paid

Either by Probate letter or LOA. Your money will come out.
Bank no fit chop that money, you may have met a novice at the desk u made enquires......... Pardon my English, na Engineering i study

Nice one. He should also get a letter of introduction from his father's office stating and confirming that he is indeed the next of kin.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Pinkybush: 6:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
rhythyson:
Go to Stanbic IBTC pension office in the state you are, then give details of what your request is or are and they will look at the Pension act and you will be educated on the line of action you can take under the law.

Meanwhile, pension has nothing to do with the Bank.

But if your father has some money in the Bank then you will need all the other documents you claim to have to be able to either access the account or close it for Good.
No bank will give you a replacement or renew ATM on an account that is not yours.

That is my one kobo advice

May the good Lord guide you

Happy weekend
Thanks so very much
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by gentlemayor(m): 6:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
omoguess:
You are only entitled to your fathers gratuity (if he has not been paid). As for pension, you are not entitled to it. The bank has to return all pension paid to the acct after your fathers death back to the pension office

From my own little knowledge, the money is already with pencom. As long as the guy is the next of kin, he's entitled to the money. All he needs is to get all necessary documents required by the bank. The bank will in turn forward such document to pencom and pencom will release the money to the bank and the bank will now credit the guy's account.

But note...he said voluntary contribution which is quite different from the real pension. It means the dad was contributing from his own pocket apart from the one the employer pays into his pension account. Maybe there is an issue with that but I still think that the same procedure as above is applicable.

cc: Pinkybush
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 26, 2019
valdes00:
People that are saying the money will be returned back, abeg what is the essence of next of kin in the registration form..... Make una no scare us oo, When I wanted to start my pension, everything was explained to me... I added my brother as next of Kin but Our company accountant called me back and made me change it back to my wife with the excuse that a brother can't be trusted ..... If nobody can access it after the owner's demise, so what's the fuzz about changing next of Kin
I don't know what some men be thinking not using their wives as next of kin... Won't she Carter for the family when u gone? sad

4 Likes

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by yetunsbay(m): 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2019
Laryne:
After all it is the money your dad worked for. Go and work for your own. His sweat was not in vain as you said he withdrew from the said account before he died.
what are u talking pls
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Yankee101: 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2019
What happens to my benefit in the event of death?

The beneficiary will be entitled to the benefit from the compulsory life insurance policy as well as the total benefits from the contributory pension scheme and other benefits (e.g Lagos State Public Service). The benefits would be paid en bloc into the beneficiary’s (ies’s) bank account(s).
How long will it take to process my benefit after retirement?
Why does it take a longer time to pay the death benefit?

Most of the death cases are usually without a Will, which means that the beneficiary would have to apply to the Probate Registry for Letter of Administration which takes a long time to secure. You are therefore advised to have a Will by using the service of a competent lawyer

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2019
valdes00:
People that are saying the money will be returned back, abeg what is the essence of next of kin in the registration form..... Make una no scare us oo, When I wanted to start my pension, everything was explained to me... I added my brother as next of Kin but Our company accountant called me back and made me change it back to my wife with the excuse that a brother can't be trusted ..... If nobody can access it after the owner's demise, so what's the fuzz about changing next of Kin

You had a wife and you put your brother as next of kin Ayam not understanding. What was your reason for getting married to her? I know it's definitely not love. Just curious.

2 Likes

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sweetrace(f): 6:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
Famax:

Abeg, stop talking rubbish!

Are you brainless? Do you work at all? Do you have a pension plan? Then you’d know that pension is not transferable. What is transfered to the next of kin is any unpaid gratuity. If you want to know more you can contact pension providers like pal, ibtc...
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by ndigbo: 6:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
valdes00:
the truth here is that the Next of kin is just a reference person to be contacted when something happen... the law only understands a WILL or Letter of Administration . As side from the above mentioned two...there is much that can be done!
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by yetunsbay(m): 6:40pm On Apr 26, 2019
tobie247:

Nice one. He should also get a letter of introduction from his father's office stating and confirming that he is indeed the next of kin.
that shld be on his dad's PFA portal already

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sweetrace(f): 6:41pm On Apr 26, 2019
valdes00:

Haaa, so pension that I have been contributing since is useless if unfortunately I kpai ..... Gbese

25 percent of the pension money will be given to you anytime you want it. That is if you retire before you’re 50 years of age. So you can take it and invest. Then maybe die after that and you kids can inherit that. Maybe
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by zikoson: 6:42pm On Apr 26, 2019
OP I don't think you have any reason to panic. Listen, try to get the RSA ACCOUNT PIN, it looks like this PEN×××××××××××× if you can't locate it then you can visit the office where your dad works and collect it from them because they have it with them, then if you have your dad's Sim registered with his pension account all you to do is, dial (BAL PEN×××××××××) and send it to (30388) instantly you will receive your dad's pension balance details after that you can proceed to the bank and demand to see the manager of the branch I believe he/she will guide you on next lines of action. But make sure you have evidence of your dad's demise, and also have in mind that any balance in that account goes to the next of kins

2 Likes

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by beey2(m): 6:43pm On Apr 26, 2019
First, let's get it right that Nexi of Kin is not always the same thing as the Beneficiary.
Let's hope that the savings have not been converted to Annuity.
Lastly, he should approach the Pension office for further explanation and assistance as suggested by others.

NB: Nigeria Pension laws are quite effective.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sweetrace(f): 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2019
dannybrasky:
I disagree!! As far as the father is late,next of kin is so so entitled to his contribution. And I am talking from experience.

But I’m talking from experience too. There have a lot of reforms regarding pensions. Please don’t raise the ops expectations

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by dchem(m): 6:45pm On Apr 26, 2019
sweetrace:

Are you brainless? Do you work at all? Do you have a pension plan? Then you’d know that pension is not transferable. What is transfered to the next of kin is any unpaid gratuity. If you want to know more you can contact pension providers like pal, ibtc...

You had better stop displaying your ignorance here. Beneficiary gets the funds in the event if death of the contributor. Stop make claims you obviously have no knowledge of. I have lost colleagues and their wives got the Pension fund as well as group life insurance payments and their gratuity.

2 Likes

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by klever18(m): 6:45pm On Apr 26, 2019
call this number 08033221949
ordinary Ahmed isah of Brekete Family
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by pek(m): 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2019
Dead op, you are mixing two things up here. First, the money in the account. You were lucky to have his debit card and was withdrawing from it. The card has expired. You need to get some documents before the bank can release the money to you. NO BANK will release that money to you without those documents from the court. Two, the pension money. Pension stop immediately the beneficiary dies. It is not transferable. Anyone saying otherwise is ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Pinkybush: 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2019
penzino:

Go to the court,

1. Get an affidavit for next of kin
2. get a probate letter or letter of administration(depends on the amount in the account/pension)
3. Take the probate letter or LOA to the bank. the bank will advice the court of the balance in the account or the LOA will show the amount with the pension admin
4. if its the probate letter, the account will be closed and a draft raised in favor of the court. the court will inform you when to come for the cash
5. if its LOA, the administrators on the LOA will have to open an ESTATE account and advice the pension administrators with the account number.
Thanks, I really appreciate. The guy I met made mention of opening estate acc. and even called someone @IBTC, bt I didn't hear wat the other guy said. So, after their talk and waitin 4 abt 10 min. he now told me nothing can be done.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by klever18(m): 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2019
wizedon:
Send a whatsapp message, mentionimg all the necessary details to this number (0704 040 8060)
ordinary President?
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by tyeenigga(m): 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2019
Approach Human Rights Radio Abuja, no matter the position of the oppressor, search and get contact. But I will drop whatsapp number 07040408060
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sweetrace(f): 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2019
dchem:

You had better stop displaying your ignorance here. Beneficiary gets the funds in the event if death of the contributor. Stop make claims you obviously have no knowledge of. I have lost colleagues and their wives got the Pension fund as well as group life insurance payments and their gratuity.

Is there something wrong with you? Stop misleading the op. He is not talking about savings or investments his dad had with the bank. He is talking about his dads pension. He can only receive the gratuity. Pension is not paid as a lump sum. It is paid every month.

2 Likes

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by ikenna44: 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2019
ibegnomore:
Get lawyer

Check my signature

Even worse... The lawyer will milk you dry and even try to scam you if possible!
Except you have a relative that's a lawyer.
Nigerian lawyers are like Nigerian police officers... �

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Famax(f): 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2019
dchem:

my dear don't mind the dullard. He should continue to expose his ignorance more!
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Famax(f): 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2019
sweetrace:

I think you are the one brainless here. Let me help you with the meaning of pension bro.......A pension is a fund into which a sum of money is added during an employee's employment years, and from which payments are drawn to support the person's retirement from work in the form of periodic payments. Which could be accessible by the employee's next of kin when he or she is late. Thanks and am done with this your blind debate.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Resido: 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2019
Pinkybush:
Please I need urgent help! My dad used to be working in a company and had been contributing pension money during his service years thro' IBTC.

Unfortunately, he's late, but before he died he had been making withdrawals of the said pension after his service with the company. I approached the bank, but it appears the guy I met want to stop us from getting the money and corner to theirs. Please now that my dad is dead, are his children not entitle to this money since it was a contributory pension?

Get a lawyer. You are entitled to whatever is remaining in his Pension account (bulk sum). As long as you have the required documents

2 Likes

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Pinkybush: 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2019
Thanks to all positive contributions. I will see what I can do in the next coming days.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Intrepid01(m): 7:06pm On Apr 26, 2019
sweetrace:

It is not just your dad’s contribution. It is the contribution of your dad and his employer. You are not entitled to your dads pension.

Please for the love of God stop spreading false information. where did you hear or see that a man's Pension is returned to PENCOM at his demise?

If you don't know something or aren t sure why don't you just refrain from making suggestions.

You even said it is gratuity is entitled to, after death?

Chaii na wa o

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Udomite: 7:09pm On Apr 26, 2019
I will give you blatant advice. Meet the bank manager, or find out your Dad accounting officer. Start with them.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by VolvoS60(m): 7:10pm On Apr 26, 2019
Laryne:
After all it is the money your dad worked for. Go and work for your own. His sweat was not in vain as you said he withdrew from the said account before he died.

^^^

He may need the money to offset some liabilities his father may have left behind. We don't know his story.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by omoguess: 7:12pm On Apr 26, 2019
Mr op, you can get the money in your fathers acct after completing necessary documentation but for the pension, go to his pension administrator for clarification NOT BANK... Magana Yakare

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Famax(f): 7:12pm On Apr 26, 2019
Intrepid01:

Please for the love of God stop spreading false information. where did you hear or see that a man's Pension is returned to PENCOM at his demise?

If you don't know something or aren t sure why don't you just refrain from making suggestions.

You even said it is gratuity is entitled to, after death?

Chaii na wa o
my brother I don laugh tire o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Digital Investment Limited Crashes In Lagos After Duping People / The Best Firm For Pension Fund - Please Advise / QUINTESSENTIAL INVESTMENT ( Enter Here If You Have As Little As 50k To Invest )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.