Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! (27021 Views)

(NEW Info)why Your Contributory Pension Scheme Will Disappoint You At Old Age / Union Bank Eket Branch Want To Forfeit My Dad Contributory Pension Funds. HELP! / Bankers/lawyers Help! I Am About To Loose My Dad's Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Yunus2012(m): 2:33am On Apr 27, 2019
valdes00:
People that are saying the money will be returned back, abeg what is the essence of next of kin in the registration form..... Make una no scare us oo, When I wanted to start my pension, everything was explained to me... I added my brother as next of Kin but Our company accountant called me back and made me change it back to my wife with the excuse that a brother can't be trusted ..... If nobody can access it after the owner's demise, so what's the fuzz about changing next of Kin

Good day. If one dies before retirement age, his next of kin can access it. That I am sure of. But for a retiree, am not sure.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Anextin(f): 4:48am On Apr 27, 2019
valdes00:
People that are saying the money will be returned back, abeg what is the essence of next of kin in the registration form..... Make una no scare us oo, When I wanted to start my pension, everything was explained to me... I added my brother as next of Kin but Our company accountant called me back and made me change it back to my wife with the excuse that a brother can't be trusted ..... If nobody can access it after the owner's demise, so what's the fuzz about changing next of Kin
So you have family and decided to use your brother. How daft. You think if anything happens to you, your brother will look after your kids abi. How mumuish

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by neo25(m): 6:30am On Apr 27, 2019
It depends on the type of withdrawal ur dad makes. U need to meet the office head of the Pension Manager, firstly with your dad's PENCOM no. They will check how much is remaining in the account it will also show them ur dad NOK. Then you go for letter of administration at the state court complex armed with the print out of your dad's balance. Note the court will take 10-15%of the total amount must times it's pay before service. Then all your siblings will write letters saying they are aware of u being the NOK. Then the process begins.. it's quit alot to write now. I just finished one fir on my late Mum last June, took me 3weeks just becyi didn't have the 15% to give Govt, but jst go to the head of the Water and leave that Man talking trash. Good luck.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by wunaESQ(m): 6:35am On Apr 27, 2019
see d manager directly.... or get a lawyer... a family lawyer will be d best option... Good luck
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by valdes00(m): 6:50am On Apr 27, 2019
Anextin:

So you have family and decided to use your brother. How daft. You think if anything happens to you, your brother will look after your kids abi. How mumuish
Are you done insulting me...? Do you now feel better...? I really dont knw why y"all internet people are so daft.... you dont even knw the reason behind my decision and you are trying to show me how stupid you are.... y"all just read and react like fools that you are... I.diots

2 Likes

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by autonomous22: 7:04am On Apr 27, 2019
LUCAS99:

How long did it take you to obtain the Letter of Administration?

I’m in a similar situation & looking for possible leads...

I can't remember the months, but it took upto 3 or 4months...

After I got it, it was easy for me to Access my Dad's money from the bank...

Even when the bank branch manager was trying to delay me further after I have gotten the letter... I just report him to my state ministry of justice who issued me the letter, so they put call across to him and warned him of the consequences of what he's doing... that was how everything ended
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by cedeki(m): 7:06am On Apr 27, 2019
Please get the service of lawyer and you will be granted access to your late Dad's pension money, i just collected my dad's pension money about 2 months ago, with the aid of a lawyer through the court. don't be deceived that you can't reclaim your Dad's pension money.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by autonomous22: 7:06am On Apr 27, 2019
autonomous22:

I can't remember the months, but it took upto 3 or 4months...

After I got it, it was easy for me to Access my Dad's money from the bank...

Even when the bank branch manager was trying to delay me further after I have gotten the letter... I just report him to my state ministry of justice who issued me the letter, so they put call across to him and warned him of the consequences of what he's doing... that was how everything ended

Note, the much delay in getting the letter was because there was a change of replacement in my state head of Judiciary
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by phonemakemoney: 7:07am On Apr 27, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I ain't interested in this battle of d sexes OK. D woman cares for d home in d absence of the man so why ask silly questions?

Still d fact remains that men toil for women and kids... It's not easy being a man.
But you were the one that said you will only use your siblings as next of kin before you have kids and change it to the kids so what is silly question by asking what is wrong if your husband follows same thinking as you and uses his siblings and later his kids instead of you his wife ?
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by yetunsbay(m): 7:41am On Apr 27, 2019
autonomous22:

Note, the much delay in getting the letter was because there was a change of replacement in my state head of Judiciary
which State is that ?

Also did u pay ur 10% cash to Court or removed directly from ur parent's PFA bal?
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by autonomous22: 8:29am On Apr 27, 2019
yetunsbay:
which State is that ?

Also did u pay ur 10% cash to Court or removed directly from ur parent's PFA bal?

Rivers state... My dad's case with urs is not exactly the same, it's just similar...my dad's own was money left on his bank account...

I paid some percentage tp court, about 10% or so.... it was removed directly from the account
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Laryne(m): 8:42am On Apr 27, 2019
yetunsbay:
what are u talking pls
Your brain cannot allow you to understand what I am saying.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by yetunsbay(m): 8:43am On Apr 27, 2019
autonomous22:

Rivers state... My dad's case with urs is not exactly the same, it's just similar...my dad's own was money left on his bank account...

I paid some percentage tp court, about 10% or so.... it was removed directly from the account
Am not the op but u've been helpful. In Lag LoA processing takes up to a year
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by yetunsbay(m): 8:45am On Apr 27, 2019
Laryne:

Your brain cannot allow you to understand what I am saying.
of course Yes & why would I understand a write up that is ultra vire to a germane topic
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Laryne(m): 8:53am On Apr 27, 2019
yetunsbay:
of course Yes & why would I understand a write up that is ultra vire to a germane topic
You cannot keep pace with it because you have a limited perception.
Where have you heard that a pension is paid to the next of kin?
The next of kin can only lay claim to the balance in bank.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by homegirl1: 9:34am On Apr 27, 2019
Pinkybush:
Please I need urgent help! My dad used to be working in a company and had been contributing pension money during his service years thro' IBTC.

Unfortunately, he's late, but before he died he had been making withdrawals of the said pension after his service with the company. I approached the bank, but it appears the guy I met want to stop us from getting the money and corner to theirs. Please now that my dad is dead, are his children not entitle to this money since it was a contributory pension?
After I read your story I really felt sorry for you and on that note I contacted friends of mine that work with a renowned PFA in the country and they sent the below statement to me

He is a deceased Retiree.He is entitled to death benefit from the PFA.

Please follow the case well don't allow them to swindle you of your father's entitlement. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by boladex1: 9:36am On Apr 27, 2019
[quote author=cedeki post=77890515]Please get the service of lawyer and you will be granted access to your late Dad's pension money, i just collected my dad's pension money about 2 months ago, with the aid of a lawyer through the court. don't be deceived that you can't reclaim your Dad's pension money. [/quote

lawyers are expensive if the money it's not substantial they will charge you and use you to do most of the work.

it's easy to get letter of administration from the court. meet the court clerk be nice to them they will guide you. while it takes time is because a justice will sign the letter and it must be advertise in national paper. after which you wait for 21days.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by yetunsbay(m): 9:47am On Apr 27, 2019
Laryne:

You cannot keep pace with it because you have a limited perception.
Where have you heard that a pension is paid to the next of kin?
The next of kin can only lay claim to the balance in bank.
who is talking pension here

So he can't lay claim to bal in PFA acct ?
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Rexomania1111(m): 9:48am On Apr 27, 2019
Pinkybush:
Please I need urgent help! My dad used to be working in a company and had been contributing pension money during his service years thro' IBTC.

Unfortunately, he's late, but before he died he had been making withdrawals of the said pension after his service with the company. I approached the bank, but it appears the guy I met want to stop us from getting the money and corner to theirs. Please now that my dad is dead, are his children not entitle to this money since it was a contributory pension?
You don't need to visit the bank for the balance of your late dad's pension.
First things first
Are you the next of kin/beneficiary
If yes, then visit his pension managers (Stanbic Ibtc) and you will be given some forms to fill.
Below are things you should take along to the pension managers
* valid means of Id
*Your late dads death certificate
* Letter of administration from the court (where applicable)
They will inform you of any other requirements and note that you are not to pay a dime to them when processing the death benefit
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by yetunsbay(m): 9:50am On Apr 27, 2019
PENCOM (Your issue is Circled)

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by yetunsbay(m): 9:52am On Apr 27, 2019
PENCOM

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by yetunsbay(m): 9:57am On Apr 27, 2019
My question is

How long does it take FG via CBN to remit the retirement bond of an employee who DIED in service ?
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by tegon(m): 10:11am On Apr 27, 2019
HI,SAW THIS POST AND THOT I SHLD GIV U D HINT,FIRSTLY BE CAREFUL OF CERTAIN INFO U GET FROM IGNORANT LIK @OMOGUESS(STUPID COMMENT MADE)..ISSUE OF GETTING AN ATM WIL B HARD WCH U SHLD HV DONE B4 EXPIRATION. D BANKER IS DOING HIS JOB SINCE U DNT HV D REQUIREMENTS.WITHOUT UR LETTER OF ADMIN.,EVIDENCE TO SHOW THAT YOU ARE THE BENEFICIARY WCH THEY WIL ALSO HV D NAME ON THERE RECORDS,GOIN TO IBTC TO PICK A FORM FOR BENEFICIARY'S AND ALL DUE PROCESS AND DOCUMENTATION WCH D BANK WIL USE TO UPDATE THEIR LATE CUSTOMER MANDATE FOR U TO HV ACESS,NOTHING WILL BE DONE.LEARN@OMOGUESS(HW CAN U MISLEAD PPLE AND TYPE DT MONEY TAKEN FRM A SALARY N CONTRIBUTED WIL GO BACK TO ANOTHER INSTITUTION,NA THEM GET AM!!!..IF U RECEIVE ALERT,DTS A GUD WAY OF MONITORING BT B4 A SMART BANKER WIL DEEP HIS HAND INTO AN ACCT,THEY WILL MAKE SURE IT AS BIN INACTIVE FOR A WHILE,SO DONT THINK because OF D CHALLENGE THEY HAVE RIGHT,NEVER!!!FOCUS ON D PROCESS,D ONLY ISSUE HIS IF D NAME STATED IN IBTC DOESNT CORRESPOND WITH D NAME DROPPED AS BENEFICIARY.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by showafrica(m): 10:47am On Apr 27, 2019
xtrim1:
Is this VC or RSA? Please clarify.

Pls, mine is RSA, how does it work?
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Laryne(m): 12:01pm On Apr 27, 2019
yetunsbay:

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Laryne(m): 12:01pm On Apr 27, 2019
yetunsbay:
Abeg leave me alone... habah!
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by chilan: 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2019
autonomous22:

Just get a good lawyer to handle these stuffs. Your attempt to do this by yourself may complicate things for you. You can visit this law firm's website and make proper enquiry: www.excellawchambers.com
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by penzino(m): 2:48pm On Apr 27, 2019
Pinkybush:
Thanks, I really appreciate. The guy I met made mention of opening estate acc. and even called someone @IBTC, bt I didn't hear wat the other guy said. So, after their talk and waitin 4 abt 10 min. he now told me nothing can be done.
Nothing can be done? Don't listen to that o.. ..
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by penzino(m): 2:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
Yunus2012:

Good day. If one dies before retirement age, his next of kin can access it. That I am sure of. But for a retiree, am not sure.
Gratuity will be paid to the next of kin
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Asquare84(m): 3:06pm On Apr 27, 2019
sweetrace:

That is not how it works. The pension is not just made up of employees and employer contributions. You have the interests also. But often, this is not enough to pay a salary every month for a minimum of 18 years. Where does the rest of the money come from? The pension fund in general. If the pensioner dies without collecting the gratuity, the next of kin receives that lump sum. The rest goes back into the pension fund. Pension is not transferable. It won’t even be paid into a third party bank account.

For your notice once a retiree dies under program withdrawal the outstanding balance in the RSA account is paid emblock to the next of kin, you can read the pension reform act 2004. I doubt your knowledge of the pension industry with your wrong submission above
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sweetrace(f): 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2019
Asquare84:

For your notice once a retiree dies under program withdrawal the outstanding balance in the RSA account is paid emblock to the next of kin, you can read the pension reform act 2004. I doubt your knowledge of the pension industry with your wrong submission above

We are in 2019!!!!! There were a lot of reforms in this sector in Jonathan’s administration. Why don’t you go to Pal or IBTC pensions for more information. That’s what I did because I wanted to understand how to go about the voluntary contribution amongst other issues.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Asquare84(m): 3:23pm On Apr 27, 2019
sweetrace:

We are in 2019!!!!! There were a lot of reforms in this sector in Jonathan’s administration. Why don’t you go to Pal or IBTC pensions for more information. That’s what I did because I wanted to understand how to go about the voluntary contribution amongst other issues.

For your notice the last reform on the pension act was in 2004, and be remembered that there 21 licence PFA in nigerian , yours sincerely work in one of the PFA so I think I have more information about the pension industry to give. For your information again deceased RSA will be paid emblock to the next of kin that the beauty of the contributory pension scheme as against the old defined benefit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Digital Investment Limited Crashes In Lagos After Duping People / The Best Firm For Pension Fund - Please Advise / QUINTESSENTIAL INVESTMENT ( Enter Here If You Have As Little As 50k To Invest )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.