Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! - Investment (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! (27030 Views)

(NEW Info)why Your Contributory Pension Scheme Will Disappoint You At Old Age / Union Bank Eket Branch Want To Forfeit My Dad Contributory Pension Funds. HELP! / Bankers/lawyers Help! I Am About To Loose My Dad's Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sweetrace(f): 3:31pm On Apr 27, 2019
Asquare84:

For your notice the last reform on the pension act was in 2004, and be remembered that there 21 licence PFA in nigerian , yours sincerely work in one of the PFA so I think I have more information about the pension industry to give. For your information again deceased RSA will be paid emblock to the next of kin that the beauty of the contributory pension scheme as against the old defined benefit

I’m not competing over who has the most knowledge with you. I know you’re wrong. Totally! Only the gratuity is paid. Get your facts right. I live with a pensioner. Based on the success of her scheme with Pal is why I had meetings with them to get a better understanding for my own scheme. I don’t know everything about my job. I learn every day. But since you know it all, please don’t seek for clarification.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Asquare84(m): 3:39pm On Apr 27, 2019
sweetrace:

I’m not competing over who has the most knowledge with you. I know you’re wrong. Totally! Only the gratuity is paid. Get your facts right. I live with a pensioner. Based on the success of her scheme with Pal is why I had meetings with them to get a better understanding for my own scheme. I don’t know everything about my job. I learn every day. But since you know it all, please don’t seek for clarification.

Please take your ignorance away since you are not ready to learn and be arguing with someone that knows more than you
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sweetrace(f): 3:44pm On Apr 27, 2019
Asquare84:

Please take your ignorance away since you are not ready to learn and be arguing with someone that knows more than you

Please get out of my mentions.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Pascopele: 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2019
grin
Famax:
my brother I don laugh tire o
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Rexomania1111(m): 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2019
Asquare84:

For your notice the last reform on the pension act was in 2004, and be remembered that there 21 licence PFA in nigerian , yours sincerely work in one of the PFA so I think I have more information about the pension industry to give. For your information again deceased RSA will be paid emblock to the next of kin that the beauty of the contributory pension scheme as against the old defined benefit
You are on point. The only correction I need to point out to u is the fact that the last pension law is the pension reform act of 2014 which repelled the 2004 act
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Asquare84(m): 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2019
Rexomania1111:

You are on point. The only correction I need to point out to u is the fact that the last pension law is the pension reform act of 2014 which repelled the 2004 act

Thank you
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Rexomania1111(m): 4:49pm On Apr 27, 2019
Pinkybush:
Please I need urgent help! My dad used to be working in a company and had been contributing pension money during his service years thro' IBTC.

Unfortunately, he's late, but before he died he had been making withdrawals of the said pension after his service with the company. I approached the bank, but it appears the guy I met want to stop us from getting the money and corner to theirs. Please now that my dad is dead, are his children not entitle to this money since it was a contributory pension?
Ignorance is not an excuse and to further clarify this issue, When a retiree dies, the balance in his/her RSA is been paid in full to the next of kin and after payment, the Account is closed
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Rexomania1111(m): 4:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
Asquare84:

Thank you
You are welcome
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Rexomania1111(m): 4:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
Yunus2012:

Good day. If one dies before retirement age, his next of kin can access it. That I am sure of. But for a retiree, am not sure.
Same thing applies to a retiree
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by yetunsbay(m): 4:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
Laryne:

Abeg leave me alone... habah!
grin won
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by mynaijadj(m): 5:34pm On Apr 27, 2019
can i reach you via email or whatsapp?
neo25:
It depends on the type of withdrawal ur dad makes. U need to meet the office head of the Pension Manager, firstly with your dad's PENCOM no. They will check how much is remaining in the account it will also show them ur dad NOK. Then you go for letter of administration at the state court complex armed with the print out of your dad's balance. Note the court will take 10-15%of the total amount must times it's pay before service. Then all your siblings will write letters saying they are aware of u being the NOK. Then the process begins.. it's quit alot to write now. I just finished one fir on my late Mum last June, took me 3weeks just becyi didn't have the 15% to give Govt, but jst go to the head of the Water and leave that Man talking trash. Good luck.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by madgoat(m): 5:59pm On Apr 27, 2019
valdes00:
People that are saying the money will be returned back, abeg what is the essence of next of kin in the registration form..... Make una no scare us oo, When I wanted to start my pension, everything was explained to me... I added my brother as next of Kin but Our company accountant called me back and made me change it back to my wife with the excuse that a brother can't be trusted ..... If nobody can access it after the owner's demise, so what's the fuzz about changing next of Kin

MODIFIED: And to those Fo..ols quoting me to insulting me cos I used my brother earlier on, I hope y"all feel better.... Most of these NL I..diots will always react without even knowing the full details of an issue... Well I owe nobody an explanation...

grin i sense you passing on soon
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by valdes00(m): 6:01pm On Apr 27, 2019
madgoat:

grin i sense you passing on soon
I sense you living forever.....
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Chuksgeo: 7:42am On Apr 28, 2019
omoguess:
You are only entitled to your fathers gratuity (if he has not been paid). As for pension, you are not entitled to it. The bank has to return all pension paid to the acct after your fathers death back to the pension office
I guess your didn’t understand all that you read
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Bolastorescom: 9:12am On Apr 28, 2019
Please post your mobile number so that you can be reached for appropriate guidance.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by yetunsbay(m): 10:58am On Apr 28, 2019
Who hv an idea abt Osun State pls

Successful processing of letter of administration takes how long ?
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by zamanii: 1:41pm On Apr 28, 2019
valdes00:
People that are saying the money will be returned back, abeg what is the essence of next of kin in the registration form..... Make una no scare us oo, When I wanted to start my pension, everything was explained to me... I added my brother as next of Kin but Our company accountant called me back and made me change it back to my wife with the excuse that a brother can't be trusted ..... If nobody can access it after the owner's demise, so what's the fuzz about changing next of Kin

MODIFIED: And to those Fo..ols quoting me to insulting me cos I used my brother earlier on, I hope y"all feel better.... Most of these NL I..diots will always react without even knowing the full details of an issue... Well I owe nobody an explanation...

You owe no one an explanation but nothing, I repeat NOTHING!! could have justified your using your brother as next of kin when you have a wife
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by zamanii: 2:42pm On Apr 28, 2019
sweetrace:

Sweetrace I think you need to carry out another research on this topic. I'm not well versed on the topic but from testimonies of people who have succeeded in recovering their beloved's pension, screenshots of ibtc's procedure on recovering same, I'm forced to believe pension is actually recoverable.

From my understanding, an employee contributes some part of his salary in conjunction with his employer under what is known as a contributory pension scheme. After his retirement, he's entitled to a certain percentage monthly of what he's able to garner before his retirement. This percentage is paid to him through his bank by pencom (or his pfa, I'm not clear on which of them it is) and upon notice of his death, the bank remits what they have in his account back to pencom. It is the duty of anyone laying claim to what is left of the deceased's pension to approach the pfa with proof of his/her entitlement to what is left before he/she is paid.

It doesn't make any sense that what is left of the deceased's pension is remitted back to pencom (to do what with it?) and is not recoverable. What you know might not actually be the true position of things. Cheers
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sweetrace(f): 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
zamanii:

Sweetrace I think you need to carry out another research on this topic. I'm not well versed on the topic but from testimonies of people who have succeeded in recovering their beloved's pension, screenshots of ibtc's procedure on recovering same, I'm forced to believe pension is actually recoverable.

From my understanding, an employee contributes some part of his salary in conjunction with his employer under what is known as a contributory pension scheme. After his retirement, he's entitled to a certain percentage monthly of what he's able to garner before his retirement. This percentage is paid to him through his bank by pencom (or his pfa, I'm not clear on which of them it is) and upon notice of his death, the bank remits what they have in his account back to pencom. It is the duty of anyone laying claim to what is left of the deceased's pension to approach the pfa with proof of his/her entitlement to what is left before he/she is paid.

It doesn't make any sense that what is left of the deceased's pension is remitted back to pencom (to do what with it?) and is not recoverable. What you know might not actually be the true position of things. Cheers

Cheers!!!
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sonofElElyon: 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2019
The next of kin gets nothing until grant of probate for the will of the deceased account owner or in the absence of a will, grant of letters of administration...
Also if deceased purchased an annuity with his retirement savings, beneficiary gets nothing

Asquare84:

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Asquare84(m): 6:08pm On Apr 28, 2019
sonofElElyon:
The next of kin gets nothing until grant of probate for the will of the deceased account owner or in the absence of a will, grant of letters of administration...
Also if deceased purchased an annuity with his retirement savings, beneficiary gets nothing

In this case the deceased is under programme withdrawal and suppose the deceased purchase annuity the next of kin will only be paid till the tent year thereafter payment stop. That why programme withdrawal is better than annuity
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sonofElElyon: 6:52pm On Apr 28, 2019
Okay. Then beneficiary still needs to present probate grant for deceased's will or letter of administration

Asquare84:

In this case the deceased is under programme withdrawal and suppose the decea
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Asquare84(m): 9:11pm On Apr 28, 2019
sonofElElyon:
Okay. Then beneficiary still needs to present probate grant for deceased's will or letter of administration

Yes that true

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sweetrace(f): 12:06pm On Apr 29, 2019
Okay, I com bearing apologies!!! I went back to Pal pensions for clarification. Their staff who give the previous information was wrong. The beneficiary can access the rest of the pension funds.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sweetrace(f): 12:08pm On Apr 29, 2019
sweetrace:

Cheers!!!

Okay, I come bearing apologies!!! I went back to Pal pensions for clarification. Their staff who gave me the previous information was wrong. The beneficiary can access the rest of the pension funds.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sweetrace(f): 12:09pm On Apr 29, 2019
zamanii:

Okay, I come bearing apologies!!! I went back to Pal pensions for clarification. Their staff who gave me the previous information was wrong. The beneficiary can access the rest of the pension funds.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sweetrace(f): 12:11pm On Apr 29, 2019
Clefayomide:

I believe we are both talking about the same contributory pension scheme? Here's what I got from my research

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Clefayomide: 3:52pm On Apr 29, 2019
sweetrace:

No oo, you have to pay everyone on this thread b4 we accept your apology grin grin

Lol that's no problem, we learn everyday
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by sweetrace(f): 4:11pm On Apr 29, 2019
Clefayomide:

No oo, you have to pay everyone on this thread b4 we accept your apology grin grin

Lol that's no problem, we learn everyday

I tried going through all my mentions on this thread to apologize to everyone. Oh! Except a guy that was being so rude. I was only saying what I was told or my interpretation. Thanks for your being nice about it especially as I was being so emphatic.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by Clefayomide: 4:23pm On Apr 29, 2019
sweetrace:

I tried going through all my mentions on this thread to apologize to everyone. Oh! Except a guy that was being so rude. I was only saying what I was told or my interpretation. Thanks for your being nice about it especially as I was being so emphatic.

It's all good. Enjoy the rest of the day

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! by kingvilleshines: 5:22pm On Apr 29, 2019
Send me an email i think i can assist you on how to go about
kay.daniel234@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Digital Investment Limited Crashes In Lagos After Duping People / The Best Firm For Pension Fund - Please Advise / QUINTESSENTIAL INVESTMENT ( Enter Here If You Have As Little As 50k To Invest )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.