Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,279 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. (42153 Views)

3 Hot Lessons I Learnt During The 6-Hour MTN Downtime, In Nigeria! / Why Do Yahoo Boys Love IOS Devices / What Have You Unintentionally Learnt From Your Device So Far ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by TechCapon(m): 3:26pm On May 01, 2019
cvibe2:

Funny thing was the scammer was chatting to sell the product to the manufacturer of the product by using screenshots of the products.
lol grin God don punish am
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by cvibe2: 3:30pm On May 01, 2019
TechCapon:
I have a friend who operates a Kenyan paypal account. Very honest guy just that they charge 20% of the money as commission. Its still better than being scammed by the likes of skrill and others

That's fine then... better 20% than lose all to scammers
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by cvibe2: 3:32pm On May 01, 2019
TechCapon:
lol grin God don punish am

It's good to do a social media search once in a while to see who else is using your name pretending to be you so you can stop the scammers on time .

8 Likes

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by bolinjkezzy(m): 3:36pm On May 01, 2019
daddytime:
Lol...I often laugh My pants off everytime I read their lame excuses of slave trade and colonization as justification for their lazy sorry cursed trade and lifstyle as if they go about asking every potential victim to declare his race or Nationality and thus, refuse to collect money from their fellow colonised or slave-traded in quotes... monkey excuse...

Woooo...when I was involved in this shameful cursed hustle...my first Victim was a Nigeria born and raised in the UK...we chop am so tey e go pack him South Korean friends to come continue payment when him money finish...

Where the money today?? All gone the same crooked way I amassed them plus extra punishment for my crimes...

Make una live right comot hand for bad thing...it pays not at the end..

18 Likes

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:47pm On May 01, 2019
Under no circumstance must you give out your card details to anyone. Even your bank will tell you they will never request for such details.

3 Likes

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by sweetilicious(f): 3:47pm On May 01, 2019
daddytime:
Lol...I often laugh My pants off everytime I read their lame excuses of slave trade and colonization as justification for their lazy sorry cursed trade and lifstyle as if they go about asking every potential victim to declare his race or Nationality and thus, refuse to collect money from their fellow colonised or slave-traded in quotes... monkey excuse...

Woooo...when I was involved in this shameful cursed hustle...my first Victim was a Nigeria born and raised in the UK...we chop am so tey e go pack him South Korean friends to come continue payment when him money finish...

Where the money today?? All gone the same crooked way I amassed them plus extra punishment for my crimes...

Make una live right comot hand for bad thing...it pays not at the end..
Exactly

1 Like

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 01, 2019
Africans also sold other africans into slavery..so scam justification is nonsense.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by DWJOBScom(m): 3:50pm On May 01, 2019
TechCapon:
TechCapon

For everyone out there who is fond of praising yahoo boys or saying things like “they’re just trying to recover our stolen wealth from white people”, I pity you and pray you never fall victim to a yahoo boy in your life because that’s when you will feel the gravity of pain and agony those guys have inflicted on innocent unsuspecting victims.

They are scavengers and ready to scam anyone who falls into their fraudulent schemes whether white man or black man, old or young, rich or poor, educated or illiterate. No one is completely safe and immune to the activities of yahoo boys and they keep innovating new strategies to defraud people of their hard earned money.

They have ruined lives, destroyed homes, inflicted pains and severely tainted our image as a country. Deny legitimate hard working people many opportunities because the world has lost trust in anyone called a Nigerian. It breaks my heart to hear people asking why law enforcement officers are arresting these people and I ask such people. “Is it until they scam your father of his retirement savings that you will condemn this evil that has so plagued our country and tarnished our image in the worst possible way?”

Horrible people they all are

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by cvibe2: 3:50pm On May 01, 2019
abdeiz:
I think there should be an enlightent program, where cybersecurity experts can come in to educate us on how to protect ourselves from criminals online.
Just a thread here would do to. Enough of this menace. It's not like they use the money to do good sef.

If you start spotting English language errors in a transaction communication...be at alert.

Be at alert if the seller strongly asks for your location first before revealingly their own location. Reason, if you say you are in Lagos, they will say they are in Abuja if you say you are in Lagos, they will say they are in warri (anything to create distance to make you send money)

Except in some circumstances, Be at alert if the WhatsApp phone number the fraudster is using is off when you call, but you are chatting with the fraudster online (Means the fraudster is using WiFi to communicate)

Be at alert if you cannot do video call to see the fraudster physically during transaction communication.

Be at alert when you request product pictures and the fraudster keeps sending you the same picture, but cannot send you different angle of the product pictures based on your request

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 01, 2019
Experienced how these scammers keep calling my US based aunt and I knew hustle is freaking real. Nigerian scammers dey even learn work sef

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by OyiboOyibo(m): 3:56pm On May 01, 2019
All Yahoo boys will rot in hell fire finally

10 Likes

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by olexjay(m): 4:01pm On May 01, 2019
Everything related to online carries lots of risk mostly when money is involved, may God help us all

1 Like

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by frowland(m): 4:01pm On May 01, 2019
You made this article sound as if it was done by a Nigerian. Please note that all those skrill, cc and paypal fraud is mostly done by foreigners. Especially US, and Europeans. That's their stock in trade. The person behind that handle is most possibly a white chap. Stop blackmailing the country just because you choose to be ignorant of some obvious signs

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by kunkelhanspeter(m): 4:01pm On May 01, 2019
If you think stopping Yahoo will make dis country move ahead bro you are waiting your time before yahoo Nigeria politicians
The only way to stop crime is to create jobs

2 Likes

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by frankmoney(m): 4:01pm On May 01, 2019
If you attack Yahoo boys on nairaland now thier so call defenders will come and tell you how they are doing us a favor and how the government is stealing our funds

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by TemmyT002(m): 4:02pm On May 01, 2019
Nawa for scam artists o
This is getting out of hand
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Starboytwo(m): 4:03pm On May 01, 2019
Abeg leave Yahoo boys alone....Man gotta eat and survive...

1 Like

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Martin0(m): 4:04pm On May 01, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Experienced how these scammers keep calling my US based aunt and I knew hustle is freaking real. Nigerian scammers dey even learn work sef

wait oo,how them take get her contact
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by deri4luv1(m): 4:04pm On May 01, 2019
[quote author=TechCapon post=78009522]Never for once did I ever imagined that I would be a potential victim to internet scammers but reality hit me and I have learned my lesson even though they failed in their attempt. I won the battle and I want to share my story to expose their methods and save future victims from making the same mistake I did. The fact that I defeated them does not mean their next victim could do the same so please share this post every way you can.

A while ago I did a freelance job (article writing) for a client in the US and he wanted to pay me for my services. Since PayPal don’t allow Nigerians receive funds I started to ask my friends of ways to receive funds in Nigeria from a foreign country. A friend advised me to use Skrill and that they accept Nigerians and work just the same way as PayPal. I quickly created an account on Skrill and sent my email to the client. Money paid, I received an email notification and everyone was happy. After that I forgot about the money in my skrill account until a few days ago I suddenly remembered the money and decided to withdraw it. THAT’S WHEN SHIT HIT THE FAN……

SKRILL SCAM
THE MONEY HAS VANISHED! My account balance was $0. Skrill has stolen the money in my account leaving me with an empty account. Immediately, I visited the Skrill website hoping to reach customer care or at least get their official email account to lay a complaint. I couldn’t find anything. The only thing I saw was some Frequently asked questions (FAQs) and answers which they had already prepared ahead. I had heard before now that Skrill is a scam organization but I never really took it seriously because I thought they wouldn’t do that to a new user. HOW WRONG I WAS.

Angrily, I stormed their Twitter page to call them out and possibly get an explanation to my plight. I left a couple of messages on their verified Twitter handle demanding explanation. Then suddenly I received a DM from a “Skrill account” asking me “Good day sir, how may we assist you today?” We had a very long conversation where I explained my plight to them in details. I even sent a screenshot to prove I had money in the account and I never withdrew the money.

They asked for my skrill account details and password, promised to resolve the issue. He pleaded with me not to embarrass them any further. Little did I know that all these while I was chatting with Yahoo boys who cloned Skrill’s Twitter account with the same name, profile pictures etc. It’s very difficult to suspect anything wrong with it.[/quote what happened to Western Union? Money gram?

1 Like

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 01, 2019
Dude I think everything you're saying is false because PayPal allows every country including Nigeria to send and receive money

2 Likes

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by alezzy13: 4:06pm On May 01, 2019
Starboytwo:
Abeg leave Yahoo boys alone....Man gotta eat and survive...

Spotted.

8 Likes

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Starboytwo(m): 4:07pm On May 01, 2019
SageMK:
These guys have upgraded their games.
Don't just ever give out your card details. Never.

Yahoo boys should simply be locked up for life.
Let them watch every day as the sun rises and sets.

Let them regret their actions whilst picking up soaps.
if Yahoo boys are locked for life,what should be the fate of our politicians, the while lot of them...police nko? Majority of Nigerians engage in one scam or the other....lecturers,pastors, imam, celebs,g boys, politicians, police,Army etc, pls which part of naija wey never cast

5 Likes

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by samilo88(m): 4:08pm On May 01, 2019
Wetin come be Skrill matter for here. Someone might have hacked your email to access your Skrill funds. Skrill is still a very reliable payment gateway known worldwide. I have a verified Skrill account which I have been using for years. Still way better than the sleepless nights PayPal might give u. Every blogger wants to use Yahoo boys story gather traffic.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by hahn(m): 4:08pm On May 01, 2019
Nigg3369:
Dude I think everything you're saying is false because PayPal allows every country including Nigeria to send and receive money

No you can't receive payment with a Nigerian PayPal account

2 Likes

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Bloggingscope: 4:09pm On May 01, 2019
Jail Terms should be granted to Yahoo boys , minimum of 2 years with Hard labour

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Prudent5217: 4:09pm On May 01, 2019
It’s funny to see how a lot of persons say yahoo boy did this yahoo boys did that uncle are you even sure if the person that tried scamming you was a Nigerian. Please understand there is difference between a hacker who’s good at social engineering and your regular yahoo boys. NigeriNs are not even amongst the top scammers and spammers in the world yet the media hype about all these is too much isn’t it time we hear something pleasant about Nigeria for once.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics / Infinix Hot 9 And Hot 9 play devices Introduced To Nigerian Market / MTN Apologises For Glitch, Customer's Debts To Be Restored.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.