Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. (42210 Views)

3 Hot Lessons I Learnt During The 6-Hour MTN Downtime, In Nigeria! / Why Do Yahoo Boys Love IOS Devices / What Have You Unintentionally Learnt From Your Device So Far ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by cvibe2: 4:35pm On May 01, 2019
grandstar:

I've been duped before

There are many fraudsters parading as PayPal moneychangers....real ones are hard to spot.
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Alexbrain(m): 4:35pm On May 01, 2019
Carlos122:
TechCapon.

Glad you survived. There's a way you can get your PayPal funds to your Nigerian account.
How?
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by HazzanTazzan(m): 4:37pm On May 01, 2019
TechCapon:
every online money transaction has that risk of being scammed attached.

Visit the business section here on nairaland and trade with the exchangers on the list of trusted exchangers...

You will be safe in exchanging your digital currencies to naira ...

Also check www.thefxchanger.com
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 01, 2019
cvibe2:

Just hearing of cashapp for the first time....I wouldn't subscribe to all those fly by night applications. If it is not regulated by any financial standard Authority, pls regard it as scam
Cashapp is known everywhere some say it's better than PayPal
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 01, 2019
Martin0:

wait oo,how them take get her contact
Numbers ain't hidden naw. Could b Facebook
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by cvibe2: 4:42pm On May 01, 2019
Timantech:

Techcapon all you have to do is open a foreign paypal and operate it uding vpn

And when Paypal request you provide identification documents of the country you used and you can't provide it, you lose all your money.
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by cvibe2: 4:43pm On May 01, 2019
Nigg3369:

Cashapp is known everywhere some say it's better than PayPal

That is 100% false.

1 Like

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 01, 2019
TechCapon:
Then he messaged me with the killer message to sent my VISA DEBIT CARD details. Including expiring date and CVV2 so they can synchronize it my account and I will be able to withdraw my funds. Either they were so professional and had earned my trust or I was under some sort of spell I can’t tell but I went straight to my wallet, brought out my ACCESS BANK DEBIT CARD and gave them every single detail on the card.

Before you think I’m stupid or crazy for giving away my card details I want you to understand something. I also use PAYONEER to receive funds from Fiverr and the moment you create an account with Payoneer, you are given a Mastercard. Then you’re required to activate the card with your card details on your Payoneer dashboard before you can make withdrawals. I thought it was the same procedure used by Skrill and being familiar with this process I quickly gave them my card details.

IMMEDIATELY I dropped my ATM CARD details in their DM, they blocked me on Twitter. INSTANTLY, I knew I was being SCAMMED. Blocking me immediately was the mistake they did because by blocking me, they had alerted me to the fact that they were Yahoo boys. Using my registered SIM linked to my account. I quickly sent a text message to my bank to block my card. Immediately, I sent CARDSOFF to 30811. With the SPEED OF LIGHT, Access bank blocked the card automatically saving me from being the latest victim of Yahoo boys. The time was 5:17 PM when banks would have closed for the day.

Still not convinced, I called the customer care number and was surprised at how quickly they responded to my call. Then they guy confirmed that the card has already been blocked and asked if I wanted him to apply for another card for me I said yes. He applied for another card for me and told me when to pick up the new card at my branch. Then in order to confirm if actually, my bank balance was still intact, I decided to recharge my phone through my bank and then I received a debit alert and that was when I knew my account was intact and I had won the battle.

It though if a card expires/blocked, the account linked with the card isn't accessible via SMS again.

2 Likes

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by jimcaddy(m): 4:46pm On May 01, 2019
The most annoying thing is the women who follow yahoo guys. These women needs to be flogged mercilessly. I don't pity any lady who is being used for money ritual by her yahoo bf. How will u know ur bf is into yahoo and still be collecting money from him to buy iPhone 10 and be flaunting on IG and Snap inside car.. Some ladies are pathetic.. Imagine a lady dating a G boy and still drags over 20k to sleep with another guy. Some ladies worship money like its their god.

1 Like

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 01, 2019
cvibe2:

That is 100% false.
I said some not all and I didn't say Nigerians
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by natznext(m): 4:53pm On May 01, 2019
TechCapon:
After the scam has failed, the mumu Skrill replied me with their official account

So bruh, yo cool with Skril eating your money? Just curious...
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by cvibe2: 4:54pm On May 01, 2019
Nigg3369:

I said some not all and I didn't say Nigerians

You said it is known everywhere and I still say it is 100% false. Infact it is scam.
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by iamjavadem(m): 4:55pm On May 01, 2019
You forgot to mention that yahoo boys are always paranoid and think everyone wants to scam them because their hands are not clean.
yusfatedeeprof:
They will tell you scam is allowed.........its normal to them, like the next best thing....... almost all of my friends are now into Yahoo yahoo..... disturbing WhatsApps status with their cc trash and all

3 Likes

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by natznext(m): 4:59pm On May 01, 2019
Starboytwo:
not spotted Kan kan,u can't eliminate Yahoo boys and leave corrupt politicians,policemen and business man.....infact how many people you wan catch.....every damn youth 8 outta 10 be "G....abeg make all man find in way....

You dey mind them

OP was quick to free the money for foreign company but rush come here come dey rant about people that didn't even eventually get his money
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by daddytime(m): 4:59pm On May 01, 2019
bolinjkezzy:

I also ventured into the Yahoo thing briefly though, my first victim was a Spanish man living in the US. The rest is history. Now I don face my civil/structural engineering hustle proper.

Proud of you man....
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 01, 2019
cvibe2:

You said it is known everywhere and I still say it is 100% false. Infact it is scam.
I don't remember writing everywhere and please tell me how cashapp is a scam
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Realdeals(m): 5:02pm On May 01, 2019
TechCapon:
After the scam has failed, the mumu Skrill replied me with their official account

Have you check your transaction log? how the fund fly should definitely be there.....I've been using Skrill for some time now and so far so good no issue. I also think it will be good you share the scammer twitter handle, it is nowhere in your post.
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by cvibe2: 5:04pm On May 01, 2019
Nigg3369:

I don't remember writing everywhere and please tell me how cashapp is a scam

You don't need to remember...your evidence of what you typed is above. Just scroll up.

1 Like

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Excel70: 5:05pm On May 01, 2019
pinkyruledworld:
As a TECH CAPON u fall my hand big time.
Never disclose your password and bank card details to anyone, na everytime them dey talk am.
And no be every scammer online be Naija boy.
Indians sabi scam die, no pray to jam them, we dey learn work for them side/
Anyways, i thank God say dem no move your money.
Lessong learned
Boss what of when you are trying to buy something online and it is requested. What will you do
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Unconquerable: 5:05pm On May 01, 2019
Most of the people who condemn this devilish act also praise individuals with no credible source of wealth, even as they pray to be like them. Honest hardworking citizens are termed as being lazy and without ambition; yet frauds are celebrated by all and sundry as they flaunt their ill-gotten wealth. Some of the most celebrated young billionaires in Nigeria today are first class fraudstars. And as long as Nigerians keep worshipping money these satanic fraudulent acts will continue.

3 Likes

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by natznext(m): 5:05pm On May 01, 2019
frowland:
You made this article sound as if it was done by a Nigerian. Please note that all those skrill, cc and paypal fraud is mostly done by foreigners. Especially US, and Europeans. That's their stock in trade. The person behind that handle is most possibly a white chap. Stop blackmailing the country just because you choose to be ignorant of some obvious signs

You re spot on

The OP got complex big time

See the way he said he willingly left the money for skril??

These guys can't give "scam" as excuse for most of the services they block us from, bec they got bigger scam records and scammers than us so they can miss me with that shii

Dude said he won battle against yahoo boys but was okay with loosing his hard earned money to some foreign coy, seriously??

1 Like

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by darhud: 5:06pm On May 01, 2019
Hello, I once almost want to fall a victim to their phone call scam. I received a call via a normal Nigerian phone number (i.e. 081, 080, 070 and other number to complete the number, but I currently don't remember the number now). I was told he was from my bank. He said my date of birth isn't correct, he provided 2 date of birth both having correct date and month, but one of the year is correct.
I told them the correct one. They told me due to that mistake that my ATM card has been blocked. They told me to provide the 16 digits on my debit card, expiry date and the Security. I gave the 16 digits and the expiry date at a go. When I was about to give the Security, I remembered that the Security is like a password. My brain now told me about the phone number used to call me. I vividly recall that GTBank customer care has series of zeros in their phone numbers. That was then I recollect myself. I'm about to be scammed.
I told them not to worry that I will visit my bank to do the correction but they refused. The guy speaking to me said he wants to give the phone to the branch manager, I told them not to worry. I ended the call but they called back later. I thank God I didn't provide the CCV, probably I would have received a debit alert.
The reason I provided my debit card details to them was because I use Jumia, and I use my ATM card to pay... I'm very fortunate that very day...

I thank God for my life.
cc: Daud

3 Likes

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Bizibi(m): 5:06pm On May 01, 2019
Starboytwo:
not spotted Kan kan,u can't eliminate Yahoo boys and leave corrupt politicians,policemen and business man.....infact how many people you wan catch.....every damn youth 8 outta 10 be "G....abeg make all man find in way....
smh
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by NaijaFutbol: 5:07pm On May 01, 2019
TechCapon:

Create a thread on Twitter with this story, get a popular account to retweet for you. Get the Skrill brand to correct their mess up
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Excel70: 5:09pm On May 01, 2019
Blakjewelry:

I was even thinking of writing a comprehensive article on how they work, but a bit of a bad writer couple with laziness to write
Please try to do this.. You don't know the number of people you are going to save. It will be an enormous charity on your part.
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by ijeshaboy: 5:11pm On May 01, 2019
I was scammed 100k last year by a Yahoo boy who once sold something to me just to gain my trust in crypto space, but he scammed me and run, in the process of tracing him by going to glo office to find out his whereabout my car engine knock, from there my wife had accident, this guys work with charms.
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by khiaa(f): 5:21pm On May 01, 2019
TechCapon:
TechCapon

For everyone out there who is fond of praising yahoo boys or saying things like “they’re just trying to recover our stolen wealth from white people”, I pity you and pray you never fall victim to a yahoo boy in your life because that’s when you will feel the gravity of pain and agony those guys have inflicted on innocent unsuspecting victims.

They are scavengers and ready to scam anyone who falls into their fraudulent schemes whether white man or black man, old or young, rich or poor, educated or illiterate. No one is completely safe and immune to the activities of yahoo boys and they keep innovating new strategies to defraud people of their hard earned money.

They have ruined lives, destroyed homes, inflicted pains and severely tainted our image as a country. Deny legitimate hard working people many opportunities because the world has lost trust in anyone called a Nigerian. It breaks my heart to hear people asking why law enforcement officers are arresting these people and I ask such people. “Is it until they scam your father of his retirement savings that you will condemn this evil that has so plagued our country and tarnished our image in the worst possible way?”

Hey grandstar and justli, these are your decent, honest, hard-working responsible people. grin grin grin You freaking hypocrites. Take that stick out of your own eye before you complain about the one in your brother's. undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 01, 2019
cvibe2:

You don't need to remember...your evidence of what you typed is above. Just scroll up.
Ok I said it I known everywhere SOME emphasis on some
Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by ibietela2(m): 5:21pm On May 01, 2019
Cloned twitter page? Your story doesn't fit well... Anyway congrats

1 Like

Re: How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 01, 2019
TechCapon:

I HEAVED A SIGH OF RELIEF like someone who just survived a deadly crash. So I decided to save future potential victims from getting scammed by these guys. I reported the fake accounts to Twitter (Yes, there were multiple fake accounts with the same name!). Guess what, Twitter refused to delete their accounts saying that only an official staff of Skrill can make such request using their Twitter account. Since Skrill is a Scammer already, there’s no point disturbing myself.

I went to their Facebook page and I saw hundreds if not thousands of complaints. All from different skrill users complaining that their monies were missing and nothing is being done about it. That’s when I knew the company is a sham and a fraud and I vowed never to have anything to do with them anymore. After everything, the official Skrill twitter account responded by giving me a link to make my complaint. But I had already lost interest in pursuing the case. I had learnt my lessons.

That’s why I decided to share this post to warn everyone before you take your financial complaints to social media. You must be very careful. Make sure it’s the VERIFIED ACCOUNT of the organization you’re chatting with. Don’t respond to DMs from random accounts just because they look like the real thing. Yahoo boys are cloning accounts of Banks, financial institutions etc. They are waiting for victims that will come to make enquiries so they will scam them. Also, I want to thank ACCESS BANK for their speedy and flawless service. If not for their fast action I would have been telling a different story by now.

I’m happy some people are beginning to speak up against these evil guys call themselves yahoo boys. These guys deserve the death penalty because they are destroying lives on a daily basis all because of greed. Stay safe!

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/how-i-won-my-battle-against-yahoo-boys-and-lessons-i-learnt-from-it/

mynd44
dominique

lucky you bro. internet fraudsters using verified twitter account (mostly from cheap celebrities - BB9ja, OAPs and some low profile musician or actors or even footballers in our local league) is the reason Twitter no longer verifies Nigerian accounts anymore. for more than six months now NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE. Even Otedola's account was not verified until he brought it down because boys were so using his profile details to scam people.

I saw one guy that play for sharks of Port harcourt with verified twitter account. that guy wey dey struggle to construct english. Imagine what will happen if his footballing career ends. the guy nor mind sell that account for like 1M to gboys make dem take carry out damage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics / MTN Apologises For Glitch, Customer's Debts To Be Restored. / Phones Are Becoming So Ugly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.