Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match (32505 Views)

Chelsea Boss Exposes Secret Lesson He Learnt From EPL After Trashing Huddersfied / Proud Chelsea Fan Gives Birth To Twins During Champions League Match. Photos / 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 12:24pm On May 10, 2019
sssoulw:
PSG vs Barcelona - Champions League Quarter final 2013 cool
Thanks. At least, you were able to bring out something unlike my friend that was dribbling in circles. Having said that,on the formation counter or arrangement, Messi was placed as though he was a CF. As soon as the match started, he switched. In fact, if you watch the full match, you will see that no sooner had the game begun than David Villa became the target man for Barcelonia. In fact, the goal Messi scored was from the left hand side of the attack. Villa and Sanchez were also alternating positions sometimes(it was on one of those occasions that Sanchez was brought down in the box)but there was no time Messi took the CF role in that match even though the formation before the match showed that he was supposed to play as a CF..........He most likely played the false 9 role we earlier stated. Nevertheless, David Villa played a far more CF role than Messi in that match that ended 2:2.
Here are the highlighs of the match;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkhZ5lHN02o&t=205s
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 12:34pm On May 10, 2019
sssoulw:
Messi lacks the ability,, I disagree with you man
What do you disagree with?
As a centre forward, Giroud, Lukaku etc are more suited for the role than Messii. The CF role is not about being able to play exceptional footbal. There are certain body builds that fit the CF role. Aguero is one of the few players I know without the physical build but still deadly as a CF.
Messi is too diminutive to play as a CF...............crosses cannot find him, he can also be easily sandwiched between big Centre backs. Would you compare Messi as a CF to players like Ibrahimovic, Drogba, Ronaldo etc? This is impossible! That is why the best he can play is a decoy or if you like, a false 9. Do you understand my point? This is not to say that Messi is not an exceptional player.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by sssoulw(m): 4:48pm On May 10, 2019
He was injured remember
naturalwaves:

Thanks. At least, you were able to bring out something unlike my friend that was dribbling in circles. Having said that,on the formation counter or arrangement, Messi was placed as though he was a CF. As soon as the match started, he switched. In fact, if you watch the full match, you will see that no sooner had the game begun than David Villa became the target man for Barcelonia. In fact, the goal Messi scored was from the left hand side of the attack. Villa and Sanchez were also alternating positions sometimes(it was on one of those occasions that Sanchez was brought down in the box)but there was no time Messi took the CF role in that match even though the formation before the match showed that he was supposed to play as a CF..........He most likely played the false 9 role we earlier stated. Nevertheless, David Villa played a far more CF role than Messi in that match that ended 2:2.
Here are the highlighs of the match;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkhZ5lHN02o&t=205s
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by sssoulw(m): 4:52pm On May 10, 2019
But he played as a good CF in 2012/2013 season...
That time Song was kinda benching sergio Busquet because of attacking agility and speed but due to his much focus on the attack as a defending 4, barca conceeded too much goals.. Messi was one of the highest goalscorer then
naturalwaves:

What do you disagree with?
As a centre forward, Giroud, Lukaku etc are more suited for the role than Messii. The CF role is not about being able to play exceptional footbal. There are certain body builds that fit the CF role. Aguero is one of the few players I know without the physical build but still deadly as a CF.
Messi is too diminutive to play as a CF...............crosses cannot find him, he can also be easily sandwiched between big Centre backs. Would you compare Messi as a CF to players like Ibrahimovic, Drogba, Ronaldo etc? This is impossible! That is why the best he can play is a decoy or if you like, a false 9. Do you understand my point? This is not to say that Messi is not an exceptional player.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 6:11pm On May 10, 2019
sssoulw:
He was injured remember
Yeah , he was. In the second leg , he had to come in as a substitute(he was half fit) and somehow managed to rescue Barcelonia. Total aggregate was 3:3 and Barcelonia qualified ahead of PSG on away goal rules.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 6:35pm On May 10, 2019
sssoulw:
That time Song was kinda benching sergio Busquet because of attacking agility and speed but due to his much focus on the attack as a defending 4, barca conceeded too much goals.. Messi was one of the highest goalscorer then
Not in all the games sir. In the opening match of the season for example, when Barcelonia defeated Villareal by 5:0, he played a false 9 role and it worked perfectly. In a lot of the matches, he played from the right side of the field. See the capture below and the analysis using the arrows to illustrate how Mesi's movements would be.(It perfectly showed that he was a false 9).

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 6:39pm On May 10, 2019
sssoulw:
This is another detailed analysis of the Messi role as a decoy in Barcelonia, why and how it worked and how it was countered by big opposition teams. It also clearly stated the difference between the normal no 9(CF role) and the false 9 (decoy role).It even explains how Pep tried doing the same thing with Gotze at Bayern but did not work out because Gotze does not have the same ability as Messi. Have a good read!
https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/explaining-false-9-the-tactic-that-made-messi-what-he-is-today
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by sssoulw(m): 9:42am On May 11, 2019
Yeah, Barcelona, Trophy or no Trophy, they are shit without Messi
naturalwaves:

Yeah , he was. In the second leg , he had to come in as a substitute(he was half fit) and somehow managed to rescue Barcelonia. Total aggregate was 3:3 and Barcelonia qualified ahead of PSG on away goal rules.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 10:05am On May 11, 2019
sssoulw:
Yeah, Barcelona, Trophy or no Trophy, they are shit without Messi
They need to find a solution to this ASAP because Messi and Ronaldo will soon retire. When they had Ronaldinho, Eto o and co, the team was not built around one man but for some years now, all the initiative for attack comes from Messi and it is not fair on him. The over-dependence on his talent is too much. In the 2nd leg game against Liverpool, I don't know how Virn Dirk and co did it.....they made sure that there was no 1-2 pass between Messi and Jordi Alba and that was it. Once Messi is clipped, Barcelonia becomes terrible. During the latter stage of the match, they were just targeting a pass for Messi to make something happen but he was already well surrounded with zonal marking. About 3 weeks ago when Messi was benched, Barcelonia was so atrocious going forward. I didn't know he would be rested. If I had known, I would not have placed a bet on them to win. They played against a bottom team on the league table and could not score just 1 goal.The midfield maestros in the likes of Xavi and Iniesta that would have made things better are no longer there. Barcelonia also missed Neymar so much.At least,he was a ball walker, moves the ball and takes pressure off Messi.....Suarez cannot do much of that as he is basically a goal poacher.The MSN attack was deadly those times and Messi worried less. I honestly feel for him. How about Dembele? How is that one playing? He should be able to use his energy and youthful vigour to make Messi rest a bit during matches but I've not been seeing much of him.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by sssoulw(m): 12:04pm On May 11, 2019
True talk
naturalwaves:

They need to find a solution to this ASAP because Messi and Ronaldo will soon retire. When they had Ronaldinho, Eto o and co, the team was not built around one man but for some years now, all the initiative for attack comes from Messi and it is not fair on him. The over-dependence on his talent is too much. In the 2nd leg game against Liverpool, I don't know how Virn Dirk and co did it.....they made sure that there was no 1-2 pass between Messi and Jordi Alba and that was it. Once Messi is clipped, Barcelonia becomes terrible. During the latter stage of the match, they were just targeting a pass for Messi to make something happen but he was already well surrounded with zonal marking. About 3 weeks ago when Messi was benched, Barcelonia was so atrocious going forward. I didn't know he would be rested. If I had known, I would not have placed a bet on them to win. They played against a bottom team on the league table and could not score just 1 goal.The midfield maestros in the likes of Xavi and Iniesta that would have made things better are no longer there. Barcelonia also missed Neymar so much.At least,he was a ball walker, moves the ball and takes pressure off Messi.....Suarez cannot do much of that as he is basically a goal poacher.The MSN attack was deadly those times and Messi worried less. I honestly feel for him. How about Dembele? How is that one playing? He should be able to use his energy and youthful vigour to make Messi rest a bit during matches but I've not been seeing much of him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lee Mason Quits As Premier League VAR Referee / Phillipe Coutinho Returns To Liverpool For Birthday Party (Photos) / T.b Joshua Did Not Prophesy About Chelsea In Champions League!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.