Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match (32501 Views)

Chelsea Boss Exposes Secret Lesson He Learnt From EPL After Trashing Huddersfied / Proud Chelsea Fan Gives Birth To Twins During Champions League Match. Photos / 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 4:19pm On May 09, 2019
DanXplore:

I have told you severally na @bolded. Messi played CF (false 9) for the most part for Pep. You to my amazement, you made perhaps the greatest blunder since yesterday by claiming false 9 is not CF but AMF (10). I told you that I will expose your stupidity and that is what I am doing. I am not trying to convince you to believe anything really, I just wany you to come to the painful but true realisation that you are daft.

What else do you want me to do or do you think I am as jobless as you are as to memorise the date the exact CF-false 9 matches played by Messi?

Oga, why do you find it difficult to understand simple English.
MENTION 1 MATCH WHERE MESSI WAS THE CENTRE FORWARD
Messi played as a false 9 several times but never as the Centre Forward (CF-main striker).
MENTION JUST 1 MATCH WHERE MESSI WAS THE CF
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 4:25pm On May 09, 2019
DanXplore:

I have told you severally na @bolded. Messi played CF (false 9) for the most part for Pep. You to my amazement, you made perhaps the greatest blunder since yesterday by claiming false 9 is not CF but AMF (10). I told you that I will expose your stupidity and that is what I am doing. I am not trying to convince you to believe anything really, I just wany you to come to the painful but true realisation that you are daft.

What else do you want me to do or do you think I am as jobless as you are as to memorise the date the exact CF-false 9 matches played by Messi?

Go and quote where I said the false 9 is an AMF cheesy cheesy cheesy.
I think your memory is failing to serve you well. For the records, a false 9 does not play a more static CF role and drops deep even into midfield if need be. Messi plays this role perfectly and what I told you is that he can play as SS,AMF etc but never as a CF. Messi has never played as a CF. Yesterday, I asked you to refer to any match where he was the CF and to state what his achievement was in that role. Up till now, you are still dancing in circles.
REFER TO JUST 1 MATCH WHERE MESSI PLAYED AS A CENTRE FORWARD
Do I need to communicate to you in your local dialect before you do this very simple task?
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 09, 2019
naturalwaves:

Keep on re- editing your posts whenever you gather your thoughts together. This part was not part of what I initially responded to...I am just seeing this.
To start with, Messi has never played as a 9. So, your question about how a 9 can play 8 or 10 does not hold water. Messi has played 8 and has played 10 several times but as a 9, he has never played as a 9(CF). He has also played as a SS. So, the point you raising here does not hold water.
Mention just 1 match where Messi played as a Centre Foward (CF)
How can this be so difficult?? undecided

The bolded is just too silly. It is like asking me to mention a match that Ronaldo playerd CF angry I cannot even mentioned any match where Messi played SS cause I don't occupy my precious mind with frivolities like you. I just know the stats and other key variables needed for me to analyse my games well. I have given you a link already that summarises Messi. Your unbelief will not change the fact.

I can edit and re-edit my post as I like. I will even re-edit this one if I need to add more info in future and if you don't like it, then go suck a lemon. There's nothing you can do about it. tongue
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 4:31pm On May 09, 2019
DanXplore:

Keep on being clever by half by tagging CF to false 9 role.
If he had played as a CF severally like you claim, a simple google search should be able to find out just 1 match where Messi played as a Centre Forward. You do not necessarily have to memorise anything. If you are a football enthusiast like you claim, you should be able to recall at least 1 match where he was the CF.
Humour me! I am waiting.
Stop quoting me if you do not have any reference / if you won't be referring to just 1 match where he played as a CF. Messi has played more than 600 matches, this should not be too difficult for you and you delusional colleagues.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 09, 2019
naturalwaves:

Messi played as a false 9 several times but never as the Centre Forward (CF-main striker).

Are you really so dumb or are you just trying hard to be one because if you are really trying to be dumb, then you have done a good job so far. I never said messi played CF as the main striker. I said he played CF as a false 9 and you said false 9 is not CF shocked
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 4:37pm On May 09, 2019
DanXplore:

The bolded is just too silly. It is like asking me to mention a match that Ronaldo playerd CF angry I cannot even mentioned any match where Messi played SS cause I don't occupy my precious mind with frivolities like you. I just know the stats and other key variables needed for me to analyse my games well. I have given you a link already that summarises Messi. Your unbelief will not change the fact.
Well, case dismissed since you hve failed to refer to just 1 match out of over 600 matches to back up your claim. Next time, do not write things you are not sure of. Messi has never played as a CF(9). As a SS,YES! As an AMF, Yes! and some other roles. As a CF, no! no! no!

DanXplore:
I can edit and re-edit my post as I like. I will even re-edit this one if I need to add more info in future and if you don't like it, then go suck a lemon. There's nothing you can do about it. tongue
No! Such attitude shows deceit particularly when the first post has been responded to.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 09, 2019
naturalwaves:

Keep on being clever by half by tagging CF to false 9 role.
If he had played as a CF severally like you claim, a simple google search should be able to find out just 1 match where Messi played as a Centre Forward. You do not necessarily have to memorise anything. If you are a football enthusiast like you claim, you should be able to recall at least 1 match where he was the CF.
Humour me! I am waiting.
Stop quoting me if you do not have any reference / if you won't be referring to just 1 match where he played as a CF. Messi has played more than 600 matches, this should not be too difficult for you and you delusional colleagues.

This is Pep's formation, using Messi as the false 9 (CF). Don't let the arrows fool you but as mentioned earlier, Pedro or Sanchez/Villa are false wingers who either attack as messi draws the defence away or gives Messi room to attack centrally.

Never have I argued with an unintelligent fellow.

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 09, 2019
naturalwaves:

Well, case dismissed since you hve failed to refer to just 1 match out of over 600 matches to back up your claim. Next time, do not write things you are not sure of. Messi has never played as a CF(9). As a SS,YES! As an AMF, Yes! and some other roles. As a CF, no! no! no!

No! Such attitude shows deceit particularly when the first post has been responded to.

No it does not. It is only deceitful if the initial thought is altered. Which village are you from? grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 09, 2019
naturalwaves:

You've succeeded in making me dig down the web for evidence. I have provided surplus. Now, can you prove to me with evidence that Messi has never played the centre foward role?

Source: Wikipedia

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 5:00pm On May 09, 2019
DanXplore:

Are you really so dumb or are you just trying hard to be one because if you are really trying to be dumb, then you have done a good job so far. I never said messi played CF as the main striker. I said he played CF as a false 9 and you said false 9 is not CF shocked
Did you not say Messi plays CF in one of your posts?
In the same post , you said he plays the false 9 role too.
If you hadn't distinguished these 2 roles, you would not have splitted the points. You splitting the points in your write-up means you acknowledge that they are 2 different things.
I hope you will not have gone to re-edit the post.
If what you meant was him taking the false 9 role as a CF, why would you post in different numbers?
Keep going back and forth!
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 5:02pm On May 09, 2019
DanXplore:

This is Pep's formation, using Messi as the false 9 (CF). Don't let the arrows fool you but as mentioned earlier, Pedro or Sanchez/Villa are false wingers who either attack as messi draws the defence away or gives Messi room to attack centrally.

Never have I argued with an unintelligent fellow.
I asked you to state a match where Messi played as a CF, not to show me counters. What match was this and what was his achievement in that role?
Is this too difficult to comprehend?
If you can provide the formation you should be able to provide the match as well. I asked for the match where Messi was the CF. That is what I asked you for and not counters.
Since yesterday, I have been asking you to state a match where Messi was the CF and his achievement in such roles
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 5:10pm On May 09, 2019
DanXplore:

You've succeeded in making me dig down the web for evidence. I have provided surplus. Now, can you prove to me with evidence that Messi has never played the centre foward role?

Source: Wikipedia

Your post only validates my claim about dropping to the midfield to stringe plays together.
The false 9, in some ways similar to a more advanced attacking midfielder/playmaker role, is an unconventional lone striker or centre-forward, who drops deep into midfield. The purpose of this is that it creates a problem for opposing centre-backs who can either follow the false 9, leaving space behind them for onrushing midfielders, forwards or wingers to exploit, or leaving the false 9 to have time and space to dribble or pick out a pass.
I hope you read the part that clearly states the word "unconventional". That is enough for anyone to understand that the false 9 role is totally different from the CF role
And that is wiki post too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_(association_football)
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 09, 2019
naturalwaves:

Your post only validates my claim about dropping to the midfield to stringe plays together.
The false 9, in some ways similar to a more advanced attacking midfielder/playmaker role, is an unconventional lone striker or centre-forward, who drops deep into midfield. The purpose of this is that it creates a problem for opposing centre-backs who can either follow the false 9, leaving space behind them for onrushing midfielders, forwards or wingers to exploit, or leaving the false 9 to have time and space to dribble or pick out a pass.
I hope you read the part that clearly states the word "unconventional". That is enough for anyone to understand that the false 9 role is totally different from the CF role
And that is wiki post too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_(association_football)

Read the circled carefully.

Your confusion: CF means "stay at the front"
False 9 is only a strategy employed by a CF

Enjoy your delusion.

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 09, 2019
naturalwaves:

I asked you to state a match where Messi played as a CF, not to show me counters. What match was this and what was his achievement in that role?
Is this too difficult to comprehend?
If you can provide the formation you should be able to provide the match as well. I asked for the match where Messi was the CF. That is what I asked you for and not counters.
Since yesterday, I have been asking you to state a match where Messi was the CF and his achievement in such roles

All the matches Messi played as a false 9 is as one played as a CF. How hard could this be for you to grab? shocked
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 5:25pm On May 09, 2019
DanXplore:

Read the circled carefully.

Your confusion: CF means "stay at the front"
False 9 only a strategy employed by a CF

Enjoy your delusion.
A CF is more static than a false 9 and that is the point I have been trying to make. Not necessarily to stay in front but more of a poacher with less liberty and mobility to drop to midfield and roam around.I told you how tough it was for me as a CF as all eyes will be on you and you get hacked down so easily. When I played as a false 9, I had more liberty to roam and became less susceptible to being hacked down/ being man marked. The main essence of the false 9 role is to leave the CBs confused..the moment they identify you as a CF, you are in great trouble.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 09, 2019
naturalwaves:

Did you not say Messi plays CF in one of your posts?
In the same post , you said he plays the false 9 role too.
If you hadn't distinguished these 2 roles, you would not have splitted the points. You splitting the points in your write-up means you acknowledge that they are 2 different things.
I hope you will not have gone to re-edit the post.
If what you meant was him taking the false 9 role as a CF, why would you post in different numbers?
Keep going back and forth!

Only the changes made were additions and not subtractions. Dig for the post where i mentioned that Messi played as the CF-main striker. If i could recall correctly, i kept emphasizing that He played CF as a false 9...even though how ever you look at it, playing as a false 9 could actually mean he is the main striker nevertheless.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 09, 2019
naturalwaves:

A CF is more static than a false 9 and that is the point I have been trying to make. Not necessarily to stay in front but more of a poacher with less liberty and mobility to drop to midfield and roam around.I told you how tough it was for me as a CF as all eyes will be on you and you get hacked down so easily. When I played as a false 9, I had more liberty to roam and became less susceptible to being hacked down/ being man marked. The main essence of the false 9 role is to leave the CBs confused..the moment they identify you as a CF, you are in great trouble.

Trust me when I say I am not impressed with your local football career. I am just surprised at two things.

1. You claim to b3 a professional footballer and yet you do not know the roles properly.
2. You cannot read and comprehend even after literally spoon feeding you with the facts.

Read what was wrote but this time, read it slowly. Perhaps you might understand it.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 09, 2019
naturalwaves:

This was quoted verbatim from quora

Eg - Cristiano is a winger naturally but has played as a false no 9.

Messi is a winger but played as a false no 9 under Pep Guardiola.

207 views" - Shaad Shaikh, 2019.

I am done responding to you in regards to CF and false 9. You've already made a big fooll of yourself. Let me read through the 1st set of comments to attend to other silly remarks you made. Watch this space cheesy
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 5:39pm On May 09, 2019
DanXplore:

Trust me when I say I am not impressed with your local football career. I am just surprised at two things.

1. You claim to b3 a professional footballer and yet you do not know the roles properly.
2. You cannot read and comprehend even after literally spoon feeding you with the facts.

Read what was wrote but this time, read it slowly. Perhaps you might understand it.
On a lighter note, I just saw the Indian you quoted from quora and attached the picture cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
It is so amusing you had to go and quote an indian for back-up grin grin grin
Anyway, you should have attached his entire write-up where he emphasized same things I have been saying...where he clearly stated that Messi lacks the abilities to play as a CF(9). Hence, his being deployed as a decoy.

I am not a professional footballer. I am a computer programmer. However, I have played football in the past and I've been at Pepsi in my teenage years cheesy
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 5:43pm On May 09, 2019
DanXplore:

Only the changes made were additions and not subtractions. Dig for the post where i mentioned that Messi played as the CF-main striker. If i could recall correctly, i kept emphasizing that He played CF as a false 9...even though how ever you look at it, playing as a false 9 could actually mean he is the main striker nevertheless.
In 1 single post you listed how Messi can play as a cf,amf,cmf BLA BLA BLA
In the same post under another number, you stated how he plays as a false 9 as well.
If you meant he plays as a CF decoy, you would have clearly stated it in the post . Or
Were your listings made to just increase the numbers and points you wanted to make? grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 09, 2019
naturalwaves:

On a lighter note, I just saw the Indian you quoted from quora and attached the picture cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Anyway, you should have attached his entire write-up where he emphasized same things I have been saying...where he clearly stated that Messi lacks the abilities to play as a CF(9). Hence, his being deployed as a decoy.

I am not a professional footballer. I am a computer programmer. However, I have played football in the past and I've been at Pepsi in my teenage years cheesy

Ok since you do not like indians, here is a quote from an american.
"A False 9 is a decoy centre forward in a side deliberately set up without a dedicated striker." - Greg

The word "decoy" is key. He is a CF but his job is to deceive.

I am not a professional footballer either ( played for my school team though) but a Chemical Engineer, an Accountant and a Computer Programmer as well.

Go and learn good football.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 5:47pm On May 09, 2019
DanXplore:

This was quoted verbatim from quora

Eg - Cristiano is a winger naturally but has played as a false no 9.

Messi is a winger but played as a false no 9 under Pep Guardiola.

207 views" - Shaad Shaikh, 2019.

I am done responding to you in regards to CF and false 9. You've already made a big fooll of yourself. Let me read through the 1st set of comments to attend to other silly remarks you made. Watch this space cheesy
Yeah Ronaldo plays as a false 9 several times and takes up the CF role as well several times even with Benzema being there. So, what's the fuss all about?
The point is that,the best Messi ever played is a false 9. He has never played as a 9 or CF.
I know it hurts knowing your diminutive hero lacks the characteristics of a classical Centre Forward. Ndo!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 09, 2019
naturalwaves:

In 1 single post you listed how Messi can play as a cf,amf,cmf BLA BLA BLA
In the same post under another number, you stated how he plays as a false 9 as well.
If you meant he plays as a CF decoy, you would have clearly stated it in the post . Or
Were your listings made to just increase the numbers and points you wanted to make? grin

CF is CF whether decoy or dedicated. It is about formation and stratrgy.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 09, 2019
naturalwaves:

Yeah Ronaldo plays as a false 9 several times and takes up the CF role as well several times even with Benzema being there. So, what's the fuss all about?
The point is that,the best Messi ever played is a false 9. He has never played as a 9 or CF.
I know it hurts knowing your diminutive hero lacks the characteristics of a classical Centre Forward. Ndo!!

All this your anger is just because your Penaldo will not smell balon d'or this year. I have attached one transformer for you to hug.

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 09, 2019
naturalwaves:

Wrong quote, but you get my point.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 5:54pm On May 09, 2019
DanXplore:

CF is CF whether decoy or dedicated. It is about formation and stratrgy.
Well, that is your view bro.
I do not regard CF as CF
There is a main CF role reserved for players like Ronaldo De Lima, Ibrahimovic, Drogba, Suarez, Henry etc.
There is a decoy CF role called (False 9) reserved for players like Messi who aren't as physically strong and powerful like the earlier ones mentioned.
It is easier for the first set of people(players) I mentioned to switch between the 2 roles. However, Messi can at best play as a decoy and never as a main CF.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 5:56pm On May 09, 2019
DanXplore:

All this your anger is just because your Penaldo will not smell balon d'or this year. I have attached one transformer for you to hug.
Hahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I am more into Messi than you. You will just be making someone to be looking for Messi's trouble anyhow.
The truth is that, we are lucky to see Messi and Ronaldo play.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 5:59pm On May 09, 2019
DanXplore:

Ok since you do not like indians, here is a quote from an american.
"A False 9 is a decoy centre forward in a side deliberately set up without a dedicated striker." - Greg

The word "decoy" is key. He is a CF but his job is to deceive.

I am not a professional footballer either ( played for my school team though) but a Chemical Engineer, an Accountant and a Computer Programmer as well.

Go and learn good football.
At bolded, quite impressive!
At least you have impressed me today with the bolded.
Where are you? Let me come and learn.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 09, 2019
naturalwaves:

Well, that is your view bro.
I do not regard CF as CF
There is a main CF role reserved for players like Ronaldo De Lima, Ibrahimovic, Drogba, Suarez, Henry etc.
There is a decoy CF role called (False 9) reserved for players like Messi who aren't as physically strong and powerful like the earlier ones mentioned.
It is easier for the first set of people(players) I mentioned to switch between the 2 roles. However, Messi can at best play as a decoy and never as a main CF.

You forgot to mention that false 9 is reserved for the most skillful. Messi has been rated the best false 9 of all time.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 6:03pm On May 09, 2019
DanXplore:

You forgot to mention that false 9 is reserved for the most skillful. Messi has been rated the best false 9 of all time.
Messi is the best false 9 of all time and nobody has been able to perform as good as he has done in that role no doubt.
However, if strikers and CFs are being mentioned, Messi does not enter top 10 CF's of all times.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by sssoulw(m): 11:35am On May 10, 2019
PSG vs Barcelona - Champions League Quarter final 2013 cool
naturalwaves:

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by sssoulw(m): 11:58am On May 10, 2019
Messi lacks the ability,, I disagree with you man
naturalwaves:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jay-Jay Okocha With English Premier League Trophy In Lagos (Photos) / Lee Mason Quits As Premier League VAR Referee / Phillipe Coutinho Returns To Liverpool For Birthday Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.