Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match (32502 Views)

Chelsea Boss Exposes Secret Lesson He Learnt From EPL After Trashing Huddersfied / Proud Chelsea Fan Gives Birth To Twins During Champions League Match. Photos / 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by jelel6: 12:07pm On May 08, 2019
iamezekwesiri:
10: Never build your team around one person.... no one is indispensable.
12: Always have a better than 1st 11, Your bench should be a game changer when the need surfaces unexpectedly.
13: Read number to 13 again.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Akuruoulo(m): 12:10pm On May 08, 2019
GTFO:
NO FOREVER CHAMPION !!
Is barca or messi the previous champion ?

JUST shut up UR MOUTH IF U DONT KNOW TO CONSOLE YOURSELF
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Akuruoulo(m): 12:12pm On May 08, 2019
GTFO:
NO FOREVER CHAMPION !!
Is barca or messi the previous champion ?

JUST shut up UR MOUTH IF U DONT KNOW HOW TO CONSOLE YOURSELF
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by jelel6: 12:14pm On May 08, 2019
iamezekwesiri:
10: Never build your team around one person.... no one is indispensable.
12: Always have a better than 1st 11, Your bench should be a game changer when the need surfaces unexpectedly.
13: Read number to 13 again.

You'll start hearing nonsensical rumblings.

"Never build your team around one person"

if you hear this, you'll think teams that have built around many persons has been winning the CL for the past 7-8 in succession.

People would kill to have what Barca have been enjoying by building the team around Messi. They have won the most trophies in the past decade!

What lessons are you sharing again?

You're effectively saying: Barça, don't make it obvious Messi is the best player in the team. Nonsense. Messi makes Barca play better. It's not as if Barca is filled with average players. Busquet is the best DM in the world. Alba one of the best Left backs. Stergen one of the Best goalkeepers. Pique one of the best CB. So, how do they build around everyone? By selling messi to Liverpool?

Messi is the greatest of all time and would turn any team he's in into a one man team.

From a Chelsea fan who supported Liverpool last night.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Akuruoulo(m): 12:14pm On May 08, 2019
H2Ossss:
Van dijk for ballond'or
Andrew Robertson is the best defender in the whole world

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by wingmanII: 12:15pm On May 08, 2019
Lesson learned :
Complacency is a killer. Avoid complacency
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Godwin5766(m): 12:15pm On May 08, 2019
[quote autahor=ClintonNzedimma post=78209156]nonsense, the one he scored in camp nou was unimportant Abi? [/quote] D one he scored in camp nou was important, dnt u see dat dey av progressed to d final....mtchee3w
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:15pm On May 08, 2019
Sanchez01:

I know you are daydreaming but it's fine. Barcelona was the one who conceded 5 against Bayern Munich. The following season (2017), we retaliated on their behalf and thrashed Bayern home and away. I hope you're good now?
You are the one day dreaming. It happens everyday!

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Meesquared000(m): 12:15pm On May 08, 2019
IamD18:
7. FOOTBALL is just unpredictable.

8. god of soccer is bigger than Messi.

9. Learn from your mistakes, just like Barca failed to do after loosing in this manner last season to Roma.

10. Arnold is better than Ashely Young.

Don't ever place Young in the same sentence with Trent Arnold. Please
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by kapelvej: 12:18pm On May 08, 2019
porshnuel:
Mumu trend
E pain am grin grin grin : grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Sanchez01: 12:24pm On May 08, 2019
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Sanchez01: 12:25pm On May 08, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

You are the one day dreaming. It happens everyday!

So you shifted goalpost so soon? I was thinking you would admit your gaffe but you turned it around. Nice.

Meanwhile, the greatest El Clasico defeat below:

Real Madrid 11–1 Barcelona (Copa del Rey)
Real Madrid 8–2 Barcelona (La Liga)

Something else you'd like to say? grin

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:29pm On May 08, 2019
Sanchez01:

I am a realist. I don't assume. And your team didn't qualify, so I'm saying this nonsense and it just about makes sense.
Regardless of what you say, Messi remains the player of the tournament
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Sanchez01: 12:30pm On May 08, 2019
henrixx:
I disagree. Wasn't he there v Ajax? If not Messi who can do it for Barcelona?
You don't need to disagree as you clearly didn't understand my post. Ronaldo's team might be eliminated in a tourney but he would always score. I emphasized on it.

While Juventus lost to Ajax, Ronaldo scored in both legs.

At Madrid there was marcelo, there was RAMOS, there was carvajal, there was BALE. these players could stand up when Madrid were down. Ronaldo mostly did it when there was no pressure. 2 finals v atletico where was Ronaldo, v Liverpool where was Ronaldo. The players around you matter. At juve now they don't have such players who can stand up and that's why juve lost. There was no Costa, no chiellini, no mandzukic. These are the spirited players that can do it in such times. If Ronaldo and Messi aren't surrounded with spirited players there's nothing they can do
So there are no spirited players in Argentina?

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:31pm On May 08, 2019
Sanchez01:

So you shifted goalpost so soon? I was thinking you would admit your gaffe but you turned it around. Nice.

What is this one saying? You didn't have to go that far back into time, just yesterday Liverpool beat Barca 4 nil. My point is in football it happens everyday. You are the one trying to insinuate it can never happen to Ronaldo. It can happen to anyone!

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Akuruoulo(m): 12:31pm On May 08, 2019
DanXplore:

Has Ronaldo ever been marked like Messi in the photo below?
this not also a good reason Barcelona sacrificed the goat to Liverpool. my Ronaldo makes it impossible for defenders to mark him.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 12:34pm On May 08, 2019
tobiconcert:
THIS IS THE COMPLETE TRAINING YOU NEED TO BE A DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETER EMPLOYERS AND CLIENTS WANT TO HIRE IN THIS 2019 IN 4 WEEKS!

Do you know that many Nigerian companies, brands, businesses, organizations and even celebrities/entertainment artistes have budgeted billions of naira to put their businesses, products, services and brands online? They are looking to employ Digital Savvy, influencers, and experts to manage or market their online campaigns and accounts because marketing is moving from basic traditional sense of marketing to highly digitalized methods.

Get onboard the practical training that helps you open up a world of opportunities in Digital Marketing

AREAS TO BE COVERED IN THIS INTENSIVE TRAINING

The Breakdown of Curriculum that covers EVERYTHING you would practically learn during the training period can be obtained on the website link in banner or better still reach our customer care to request for curriculum sent to you via email
FEES: N28,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N30,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

NEW TRAINING COMMENCEMENT DATE: Monday, 13th of May, 2019

TIME (10am – 2pm) – Time subject to changes for flexibility

PERIOD: 4 Weeks Marathon Training (Weekends and 3 times a Week training available but with higher charges)

CERTIFICATION: Certificates issued At End of Training at a little extra cost

VENUE: IKEJA LAGOS (UNLIMITED INTERNET WIFI AVAILABLE!)

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for online and digital media

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (SOME USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
What is wrong with you?
Wh are you spamming everywhere with your useless training.
You are such a big foool.....you cannot even go through the right way by paying for an advert.
Is this how you cheat people? Constituting nuisance everywhere and not doing the right thing.
To hell with you and your useless training.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Theboss100(m): 12:34pm On May 08, 2019
fidalgo19:
Barca really stupid for giving looserpool hope like this
very very stupppid club
nonsense
atleast no hope for them for epl and hopefully they wont win ucl
Another Surprise Loading
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Sanchez01: 12:34pm On May 08, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:

Regardless of what you say, Messi remains the player of the tournament
How can Messi be the player of the tournament when he was blown and roasted? At best, he would win the Golden Boot and that settles it. Do you really know the criteria for being the player of a tournament? How do you guys watch football

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Akuruoulo(m): 12:34pm On May 08, 2019
Sanchez01:

the worst defeat in LA liga was

BILBAO 11 VS 1 BARCA

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by maestroferddi: 12:36pm On May 08, 2019
Sanchez01:
The lesson I learnt:

Messi has a way of being useless in super important matches. Ronaldo can never be in the Barca team and allow such a historic comeback. They might have lost but he would score!
Messi was an epic disappointment in that match.

He appeared uninterested:He was even strolling on the pitch as if Liverpool players should just bow down at his feet because his name is Lionel Messi....Dude was just arrogant.

For all the accolades normally heaped on Messi, one undisputable fact is that Ronaldo is the more ambitious of the two.

Ronaldo is a natural competitor. It is inconceivable that Ronaldo would have allowed an opponent to cancel a three-goal deficit without reacting even if it needed deploying dark arts to win a penalty.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:36pm On May 08, 2019
internationalman:

Nay.. As much as I like Liverpool and his players, hell I'm even rooting for them to win the trophy.

But I still think Messi has an edge over every other contestants..
if Ronaldo who had the positive odds to win balon dor lost out to modric den forget it...it's not a stroll in the pack for Messi...

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Sanchez01: 12:36pm On May 08, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

What is this one saying? You didn't have to go that far back into time, just yesterday Liverpool beat Barca 4 nil. My point is in football it happens everyday. You are the one trying to insinuate it can never happen to Ronaldo. It can happen to anyone!
English and comprehension is the problem here. Can Ronaldo lose 3-0 or more to a comeback and not score before being ousted? No! It has never happened to him before because he ends up scoring.

Messi has seen back to back comeback at the hands of Roma and Liverpool and he fizzled in both games. This can't happen to Ronaldo. Stay on course and argue like someone who is educated.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Sanchez01: 12:37pm On May 08, 2019
Akuruoulo:
the worst defeat in LA liga was

BILBAO 11 VS 1 BARCA
LMAO grin

We are arguing el Clasico though.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Ejebleje: 12:38pm On May 08, 2019
Narldon, now you’re an encouragement to all the one minute men around the world.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 12:40pm On May 08, 2019
DanXplore:

Has Ronaldo ever been marked like Messi in the photo below?
Was that why Barcelonia lost? undecided undecided undecided
Oga, go and sit down and mourn your loss sensibly. Liverpool was better than Barcelonia in all areas of the game..................even in the first leg, Liverpool played far far better but were not just so clinical.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by henrixx(m): 12:41pm On May 08, 2019
Sanchez01:

You don't need to disagree as you clearly didn't understand my post. Ronaldo's team might be eliminated in a tourney but he would always score. I emphasized on it.

While Juventus lost to Ajax, Ronaldo scored in both legs.

So there are no spirited players in Argentina?
like who? Name them? Argentina is filled with technical players. And 95 percent of technical players lack physicality.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by richie240: 12:43pm On May 08, 2019
BrainnewsRadio:

Read More At: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/lessons-i-learnt-from-liverpool-vs-barcelona-champions-league-match/
u have said it o.....never give up.
Never say never.
Its not/never over until u say so.
Ur victory/defeat lies solely with u (and ur God), not on the bigness of the enemy.
10 out of 10, I wouldn't have voted for a Liverpool (3 - 3) draw talk less of an outright win.
The match came in handy in my own personal (current) situation!
smiley
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by internationalman(m): 12:46pm On May 08, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
if Ronaldo who had the positive odds to win balon dor lost out to modric den forget it...it's not a stroll in the pack for Messi...
yeah Ronaldo lost out bcoz probably it's a World Cup year..

but nevertheless I still see a Messi as the front runner though, not a stroll in the park now that they have been eliminated
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by AngelicBeing: 12:47pm On May 08, 2019
EagleScribes:
There's no place for excuses
Liverpool fc have once again reminded us that in life anything is possible.
Despite the fact that Liverpool are without two of their best players - Salah and Firminho,they were able to eliminate a complete Barcelona side which parade the likes of Messi, Suarez and co who have a 3 goals advantage from the first leg.
A defender was injured and a midfielder was brought in, who contributed immensely to the turning around of the game to make history. When life throws you a lemon, make a lemonade out of it rather than moaning, complain or blaming ill luck
If an incomplete Liverpool side can defeat a Barcelona side 4-0 even with a forced substitution due to injury , then anything is possible.
There is no excuse for failure
#NeverGiveUp
Anti Barca and Ronaldo fans right now...........
Gbam
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 12:47pm On May 08, 2019
BrainnewsRadio:

Read More At: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/lessons-i-learnt-from-liverpool-vs-barcelona-champions-league-match/
LESSONS LEARNT
1. Never say "die" until the bones are rotten.
2. The end justifies the means.
3. A rejected stone can become the chief corner stone(Divock Origi)
4. Tap-in is a crucial part of a game ( I am sure Barca fans even begged for a tap-in yesterday grin grin grin)
5. A tree cannot make a forest.(Messi as an example)
6. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade( injurey to a Liverpool player during the match saw the addition of a game changer).
7. Man is bound to face troubles but through faith and perseverance, he conquers all.
8. When the going gets tough, the tough should get going.
9. Be fearless!
10. Do not be too complacent (Barcelonia example)

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Sanchez01: 12:48pm On May 08, 2019
maestroferddi:
Messi was an epic disappointment in that match.

He appeared uninterested:He was even strolling on the pitch as if Liverpool players should just bow down at his feet because his name is Lionel Messi....Dude was just arrogant.

For all the accolades normally heaped on Messi, one undisputable fact is that Ronaldo is the more ambitious of the two.

Ronaldo is a natural competitor. It is inconceivable that Ronaldo would have allowed an opponent to cancel a three-goal deficit without reacting if it needed deploying dark arts to win a penalty.

grin grin grin

Well, I am not going to add to what you have highlighted before Messi fanboys brand me a hater. Messi has always been arrogant, just that his midgety look makes him a humble person. Ibrahimovic revealed this in his memoir and revealed how Guardiola was scared of him and how he even influences the manager's decision.

He is an amazing player, no doubt but the motivation is not always there even in the face of defeat. He doesn't like to lose, as I have come to notice but rarely gets motivated after a fall. He lost a penalty in the South America Copa final, cried and announced retirement from country football. He fell again and ran to Barcelona, after feigning injury only to play less than four days after.

Ronaldo still cries when he loses major matches. He knows his team would have done better but failed. His hunger and passion for success are unrivaled in the history of sports. Ronaldo would always be the reference point between those two as far as results are concerned.

If Ronaldo was Messi and he was to be in that team last night. Liverpool would have won but they won't qualify because Ronaldo would have scored.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jay-Jay Okocha With English Premier League Trophy In Lagos (Photos) / Lee Mason Quits As Premier League VAR Referee / Phillipe Coutinho Returns To Liverpool For Birthday Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.