Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,757 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:48 AM

Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? (10614 Views)

In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? / Did You Do This In Your Secondary School Days? / Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by AleAirHub(m): 6:56am On May 09, 2019
grin grin grin
dejonathan:
If dey turn my floggings to money,I for get money pass E.MONEY or make we dey the same level........
Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by agbangam: 6:56am On May 09, 2019
grin grin
Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by Mcanie: 6:59am On May 09, 2019
OP must be a new generation kid. Those are the only ones that pass through secondary school and were never flogged. For Old school like me it was the Gold Standard. It was a bit better when I attended evening school .

1 Like

Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by mhizcutie(f): 7:01am On May 09, 2019
AleAirHub:
Flogging was everyone experience mostly those born between 80s , 90s. cry Infact I'm always prepared for it on every Friday because that day is our judgement day in my school. embarassed

Infact once you mention Uncle Victor is coming the rest his history within 1mins. embarassed embarassed embarassed

I chop & eat flogging well well @ Christ Ambassador College , Kaduna. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Christ Ambassadors teachers like flogging pass anything

1 Like

Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by adedayoa2(f): 7:02am On May 09, 2019
Hmmmmm, flog na understatement. For we that even went to a Military school, I was flogged o.

1 Like

Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by odave: 7:04am On May 09, 2019
Simplyleo:
Is it "were" or "where"? I'm confused undecided

Mods/op pls correct this.

Mods Sabi English? Na to ban they know. I was wondering how they pronounce where and were... Very confusing and bad grammer on front page of number one news portal in naija

2 Likes

Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by EvieP(f): 7:04am On May 09, 2019
I was not particularty a victim of canes. Yeah i was flogged during jnr classes but was not that unreasonably.snr class the flogging almost evaporated coz i became the principals PA lol. And the teachers liked me too i have an innocent appearance everybody likes me except some corpers who i shew pepper in the classrooms they were the ones that actually did most of the floggings.

I was one of the gurus in school.

1 Like

Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by Lordknowz: 7:05am On May 09, 2019
Maybe twice, Beske comes to mind. Academy of success, Osg. I get some kind levels then wey no dey make any teacher reason my matter. cool
Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by tosinet(m): 7:07am On May 09, 2019
In my secondary school days we have expert beaters; (Alfa- further maths teacher, fagbenro-physics, Alhaji adeleke, computer- understands where to beat for maximum pain, chemistry teacher- deeper life guy)...

I don’t want to mention school name but those that attended dt school will surely know these guys although the teachers will be much older now or they’ve retired....

My own experience is to take the japaa route even if it’s to jump out of window and not enter class again throughout the week- (we have school two for touts and urchins...most of those thugs then are responsible now as I still see a few of them)

On rare occasions though, there is no escape for stubborn child as raids may be conducted once in a while by a task force of those teachers, prefects and sometimes police...

I have a lot of escapades we in my set still laugh about now...

1 Like

Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by lastempero: 7:11am On May 09, 2019
Which kind question be this abi the op na indomie generation shocked
Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by AleAirHub(m): 7:11am On May 09, 2019
You're very right dear. The flogging from that school later transform me into Stone angry at home whenever my Dad flog me. In his voice; Moses Moses you have join bad gang in school right. I will kill you with my hands yes I will because I'm your father foolish boy. cheesy cheesy
mhizcutie:

Christ Ambassadors teachers like flogging pass anything
Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by Edusouls(m): 7:19am On May 09, 2019
Most of you commenting here are born latest 1998, during your secondary school years canning have gone, you can't imagine how it looked like during the Goodoldays...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by tartar9(m): 7:21am On May 09, 2019
No I wasn't...I was the principals pikin grin
Normally,this is impossible no matter how good you may be...I've witnessed situations where entire classes where flogged because an unknown student angered a frustrated teacher,or is it the part where you get punished for your inability to pay some dues...the list goes on.Just be on the wrong place at the wrong time grin
Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by fergie001: 7:24am On May 09, 2019
mactoni91:
If you attended St. Mary's, Ajangbadi...
This post will take your memory back to Mr. Okoro(late), Uncle T and Mr. Jeff.
These teachers would flog you to a point where you'd feel paralyzed.
Paralyzed like making you temporarily insensitive to touch
Wow..........I attended that school.....
We were the Premier set...

Mr.Okoro the guru...flogging me was his hobby...
Uncle T was my Oga cos I was his best Maths student so he often overlooked......
Old time flies...

1 Like

Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by Btruth: 7:26am On May 09, 2019
OP you meant "were you flogged?"

I was flogged tired gan self. Especially when my mother followed me to school to report me. That will be double "flogging", home and away.

lol.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by Handsomecole(m): 7:32am On May 09, 2019
I was flogged every single day by Teachers only anyways. But no senior ever laid a finger on me.
Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by Baselm: 7:33am On May 09, 2019
Flogging sounds like a subtle word for what we went through. from Primary School(Mr Oshadare, Mr. Ayo and Maths teacher) Mr. Ayo's cane prepared me for secondary School. UBGS Ilorin where you get taught academics, word of God and Flogged mercilessly. We dey lie down chop cane sometimes 2 teachers go dey flog u at once, when they start with the ladies and the strokes dey increase as u delay. Mehn Mouth no fit talk and finish
Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by darkelf: 7:35am On May 09, 2019
AleAirHub:
You're very right dear. The flogging from that school later transform me into Stone angry at home whenever my Dad flog me. In his voice; Moses Moses you have join bad gang in school right. I will kill you with my hands yes I will because I'm your father foolish boy. cheesy cheesy

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Funniest post so far

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by Nobody: 7:36am On May 09, 2019
You deserved the flogging then and even now. You can't string a simple sentence for people to read. Just imagine someone placing full stop in the middle of a sentence and not knowing the difference between 'where' and 'were'.

Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by Caseless: 7:39am On May 09, 2019
ikeno:
throughout my secondary school days I was flogged just once.let me go straight to the genesis of how it all went down.

you know there are some teachers yu so much love the subject they teaches that you get so engrossed in their teaching whenever they come to your class to teach.
it so happens that my class likes our mathematics teacher,the man is a genius when it comes to math.he will teach you to the last detail and will answer your question with open mind even if it sounds ridiculous.the man knows his onion that most of us had distinction in mathematics during waec except for those that hardly attend classes who got passes.
so,on this particular morning, according to the class timetable we were to tought mathematics for two periods (9am-11am)then biology immediately after.when the math teacher came we got so interested in the topic he was taking us that we totally forgot that his period his over and he used part of his period.

we run to the biology lab and the first thing the biology teacher asked us was"why are we later" with no reasonable answer to giv him,he said I should go to the staff office;me been the assist captain,and get all the canes the junior students where ask to bring the previous day from the staff room to the lab.

Mr Adams,our biology teacher also double as our sport master too his someone your don't want to cross paths with.build as Dwayne Johnson "the rock" always look serious,a no sense kind of man that student are scared of even few of the teachers don't joke with him.always the one they call on when a stubborn student need to be dealt with.

took the whole canes to the lab and he selected three which he held in his massive palm as if he was holding just a cane and he's giving us 12strocks of cane.
"were" , not "where".

1 Like

Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by Dami12345: 7:42am On May 09, 2019
ikeno:
throughout my secondary school days I was flogged just once.let me go straight to the genesis of how it all went down.

you know there are some teachers yu so much love the subject they teaches that you get so engrossed in their teaching whenever they come to your class to teach.
it so happens that my class likes our mathematics teacher,the man is a genius when it comes to math.he will teach you to the last detail and will answer your question with open mind even if it sounds ridiculous.the man knows his onion that most of us had distinction in mathematics during waec except for those that hardly attend classes who got passes.
so,on this particular morning, according to the class timetable we were to tought mathematics for two periods (9am-11am)then biology immediately after.when the math teacher came we got so interested in the topic he was taking us that we totally forgot that his period his over and he used part of his period.

we run to the biology lab and the first thing the biology teacher asked us was"why are we later" with no reasonable answer to giv him,he said I should go to the staff office;me been the assist captain,and get all the canes the junior students where ask to bring the previous day from the staff room to the lab.

Mr Adams,our biology teacher also double as our sport master too his someone your don't want to cross paths with.build as Dwayne Johnson "the rock" always look serious,a no sense kind of man that student are scared of even few of the teachers don't joke with him.always the one they call on when a stubborn student need to be dealt with.

took the whole canes to the lab and he selected three which he held in his massive palm as if he was holding just a cane and he's giving us 12strocks of cane.

Been flogged so many times that it doesn't even bother me. Am surprised this is a big deal.

1 Like

Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by jojothaiv(m): 7:47am On May 09, 2019
post=78231781:
Anyone that went to a government/public school and says NO to this issa.................
GOAL..
Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by 01mcfadden(m): 7:53am On May 09, 2019
nony43:
Is it by my teachers or my seniors? I was flogged everyday for no reason, I mean every day by different seniors, Our last teachers hardly flog us then, but they don if e enter their head. If attended FGC IK 99 set, you can relate
FGC Ikole?
Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by Nobody: 7:53am On May 09, 2019
Simplyleo:
Is it "were" or "where"? I'm confused undecided

Mods/op pls correct this.

If you chat with an American or a British person.. you’ll learn how to ignore typos like this. They don’t take this English serious like you do.

OP just reminded me of my account teacher.
This man flogged me ehn.. I still hated him for that till now sef.

2 Likes

Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by 01mcfadden(m): 7:54am On May 09, 2019
post=78231781:
Anyone that went to a government/public school and says NO to this issa.................
Is a sissy
Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by Akuruoulo(m): 7:55am On May 09, 2019
if I was flogged in secondary school that means everyone must be flogged.

I set a record that my name never appear in the list of noise makers from Js1 to Ss3 , yet I was severally flogged .

that's why I hate Secondary school . u will be flogged at any moment, so u get prepared for it
Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by officialfestus(m): 8:04am On May 09, 2019
post=78231792:
Lol cheesy....even ya banana?!
no now cheesy
Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by Badlimo(m): 8:06am On May 09, 2019
G.S.S Karu Abuja 2011 set... we know wetin we see for me yahooze hand aka mr one leg
Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by Zzyy(m): 8:06am On May 09, 2019
D school I went to, even if u are on ur best behavior, u must chop cain, seniors,staffs, soldiers, wetin man no see for command dat year grin
Re: Where You Ever Flogged During Your Secondary School Days? by Esomchi800(m): 8:06am On May 09, 2019
Lol
Na we flog people pass sha
I was a labour prefect
And I was handsome and quiet as well so I can count how many times I was flogged
buh I can't count how many times I flog people
Dere was a Day I will never forget I flog the whole J.S.S 2 Only me from j.s.s.2 A-F just because they didn't pick d dirt in d school premises

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Courses You Are Likely To Find Geniuses / See The Response Jamb Gave To A Guy,after Scoring 99% In Both Physics And Chem / LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.