Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 (28536 Views)

Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women. / My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years / How To Make Your Man Afraid Of Losing You | Powerful Tips That Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by Teenaira: 11:44am On May 14, 2019
If you are above 30 where ever you are, you are indeed a blessing to humanity. Do a more regular review of your activities. Take time to think widely,wide thinkers are the ones providing solutions to most problems in live. They make life continue in the mist of adversaries. But please, please don't ever consider suicide, it is never an option.

Remember, if you are not getting it right today, tomorrow presents a more beautiful opportunity. You are created for a purpose in life. Do your best and leave the rest, angels do no more.

It is well with you today and always.

10 Likes

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by flexyrule(m): 11:45am On May 14, 2019
Rising96:
nice topic but truth be told if by 30 u arent married as a woman depression sets in

and lately I have been battling with it and trust me is not easy. I know say everything go dey alright last last sad sad sad
God will see you through. I have a friend, she is 29 and still living with her parents. She has a well paid job and can live on her own comfortably. However, she is the "loyal to the family type" and swallow everything her parents tell her - hook, line and sinker. They dictate almost everything that goes on in her life.

I went through your profile and from the description of your choice of men, I pray you don't miss out on "your man" because of ethnic afflictions.
Love has no language, it has no religion and is found in the strangest places.

5 Likes

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by pressplay411(m): 11:49am On May 14, 2019
akaahs:
I remember the day I clock 30 two years ago. I didnt go out that day, just angry with myself about my journey in life so far, no any reasonable job, no investment to show for it, no kids or wife to lean on, in fact no any tangible achievement. Just a life of misery and the thought of when ll I help myself and others around me but then life has a way of rewarding people who persevere to the end.
Thank God I'm moving gradually.

There's something about the big 3.0 that puts a person on their toes. The Fear of 30 can really be such a burden to bear. What a generation we have found ourselves. A generation where teenagers are making 8 figures in earnings and are transforming the world.
A generation where even a 25 year old career person feels like an underachiever simply because of the Neymars and Wizkids that are his contemporaries.

When I turned 30, I sank into an avalanche of depression. I felt so lost, so underachieved, so disconnected from my dreams and ambitions, so off the radar among my peers. But I was already beyond suicidal. I had decided if not for anyone, at least for my mom, I would stay alive. I couldn't bear the hurt I would hurt her with such news. No, I did not stay alive because of fear of heaven or hell, I didn't believe in that again, I simply stayed alive, thanks to the woman that really is worth all the Mother's Days in the world.

But in the midst of all these misery of turning 30 underachieved, I was humbled. I was tamed. I evaluated my life, and was honest that I had failed on my own.
Some how, in the middle of it, Grace found me and I turned to God for Salvation.
The rest as they say is history. Today, this Psalm is so real to me, because in numbering my days, I found Wisdom when I turned to God.

Psalm 90:12-14
So teach us to number our days,
That we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Return, O Lord!
How long?
And have compassion on Your servants.
Oh, satisfy us early with Your mercy,
That we may rejoice and be glad all our days!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by Rising96: 11:57am On May 14, 2019
flexyrule:
God will see you through. I have a friend, she is 29 and still living with her parents. She has a well paid job and can live on her own comfortably. However, she is the "loyal to the family type" and swallow everything her parents tell her - hook, line and sinker. They dictate almost everything that goes on in her life.

I went through your profile and from the description of your choice of men, I pray you don't miss out on "your man" because of ethnic afflictions.
Love has no language, it has no religion and is found in the strangest places.

thanks for your concern, @the highlighted I pray too but it's like a dream and I believe its a choice that will make me happy.

be rest assured ur concern is well appreciated.

1 Like

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by Harbeetheymee: 12:08pm On May 14, 2019
Being 30 years of age can be so scary. I remember dat day I cried saying I don't know how to go about it. I said to myself, y is this life so unfair to me. My elder ones got employed b4 they clocked 30 but mine was jes different. What do u xpect when I finished service 2016 @ d age of 29 due to jamb wahala, strike here n there during school days and jobs available are for ages 20-25. But, I didn't let it weigh me down, I went to learn tailoring n I'm doing well. I know what I've achieved thru this skill. I'm married now n I have a baby boy. I'm grateful to God cus it could have been worse.

11 Likes

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by Daveoo(m): 12:09pm On May 14, 2019
I had similar experience as yours but i persevered.The last has turned to be the first in my case. Our God is never late.
BEANSndPLANTAIN:
I almost shed tears when I remembered how many times I wrote jamb... Now here I am today

lalasticlala dominique this is motivational

1 Like

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by gidgiddy: 12:17pm On May 14, 2019
Ideally, most people should have been out of their parents house before 30 and on their own. However, Nigeria is not an ideal place. For someone who at 30 is still in their parents house because things have not worked out despite best effort, I dont judge

But those who are still in their parents house at 30 with no effort to develop themselves and no gameplan, time is nobody's friend.

1 Like

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by Arkmanbuddy(m): 12:19pm On May 14, 2019
FlyingTOMATOE:
First of, I would like to make a statement, ''time is demanding but self development is more mportant''.
What exactly are your fears? Time demands you hurry up as day and month passes by in unflinching arrogance. But have you take a minute to observe how each year you left behind humbly bow to self development ?

Look at yourself, you are not where you want to be yet but you have moved further past a stage you were years ago.
Look at all those years you were frustrated writing O'level like a Disk jockey every year on repeat, and jamb subsequently, before you were offered a course you never put in for. Look at all the people you have met, lives you have touched and the lessons you have gained. That is self development.

Self development will take you further than getting worked up by the FEAR OF 30 °°°. Thirty isn't a bench mark for failure neither is it a yardstick to measure achievements. If THIRTY meet you for your papa house, fine. If THIRTY meet you for your mama house, fine. If THIRTY meet you at your low income job fine. Just make sure your self development never stops
Work towards self development and ever other thing will fall into place

Best post in weeks! Nice one.
Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 14, 2019
Omo thirty years for your papa house na disease oh, except your papa na rich man ...give yourself brain
Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by KelvinC1(m): 12:30pm On May 14, 2019
BEANSndPLANTAIN:
I almost shed tears when I remembered how many times I wrote jamb... Now here I am today

mine was 11times, today I am a graduate.. God be praise

1 Like

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by dammy222(f): 12:30pm On May 14, 2019
The fear of 30 is the beginning of wisdom. When you clock 30, you start thinking about your life and achievements so far in life. Depression might even set in especially when you are not where you expect yourself to be by that age. But above all, trust God. Hold him to His promises upon your life. Stay motivated. All will definitely be well. And always remember, it's not how far but how well.
Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by KelvinC1(m): 12:31pm On May 14, 2019
BEANSndPLANTAIN:

mine was 11times, today I am a graduate.. God be praise ..

1 Like

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by peteruuu(m): 12:32pm On May 14, 2019
I'm commenting here because I love this write up. Kudos to the OP!
Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by uthlaw: 12:36pm On May 14, 2019
factually4:
Buy land at Apata, Ibadan for #382,500. From Kemsan Acres Global Limited, contact 07039334219
can someone build a poultry farm on it
Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by diji04(m): 12:40pm On May 14, 2019
You are in your 30s and nothing to show for is so depressing and if not handle with Care and a good plan it can make your life totally miserable, nothing is too late in life only the thought of it makes it so, self development is the key where you are today their are people in their 40s and even 50s battling with it, you just have to be optimistic in life life and change your line of thought focus on self development through acquisition of skills keep fighting hard one day Oluwa will pick your call.

1 Like

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by Healthgwr: 12:47pm On May 14, 2019
What else can one say...........this will be of help about Created for a purpose The X-ray of destiny fulfillments etc
https://kononia1996..com/

FlyingTOMATOE:
First of, I would like to make a statement, ''time is demanding but self development is more mportant''.
What exactly are your fears? Time demands you hurry up as day and month passes by in unflinching arrogance. But have you take a minute to observe how each year you left behind humbly bow to self development ?

Look at yourself, you are not where you want to be yet but you have moved further past a stage you were years ago.
Look at all those years you were frustrated writing O'level like a Disk jockey every year on repeat, and jamb subsequently, before you were offered a course you never put in for. Look at all the people you have met, lives you have touched and the lessons you have gained. That is self development.

Self development will take you further than getting worked up by the FEAR OF 30 °°°. Thirty isn't a bench mark for failure neither is it a yardstick to measure achievements. If THIRTY meet you for your papa house, fine. If THIRTY meet you for your mama house, fine. If THIRTY meet you at your low income job fine. Just make sure your self development never stops
Work towards self development and ever other thing will fall into place
Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by medolab90(m): 12:49pm On May 14, 2019
Life is different for everyone . It's not that easy .Though am not yet 30 but hoping to make something good before I reach that.

May God help me
Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by freeman67: 1:01pm On May 14, 2019
Life is a journey of many destination.. It is not a competition so it does not matter who leaves first or arrive first. While some make it very early in life, others make it later but at the end they'll all have made it.. Yet some will make it early only not to live to reap it while others will make it and blow all to come back to square one. With issues of life one just have stay positive.....

4 Likes

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by eyizlive(m): 1:06pm On May 14, 2019
Threads like this are what keeps Nairaland going...
Now I respect all the comments here but to those who have scaled through and are out of the "rock bottom" please let's help others out with more than just motivational words. Business ideas, tips, vacancies and the likes...thanks for this thread.

7 Likes

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by Wolenatural(m): 1:24pm On May 14, 2019
may God help us all is not easy ooo
Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by Divay22(f): 1:34pm On May 14, 2019
KelvinC1:

mine was 11times, today I am a graduate.. God be praise
No
I don't wanna believe this shocked shocked 11 times shocked
I Celebrate you Man.
Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by Chuksmonika(m): 1:57pm On May 14, 2019
I thank God Almighty for my life and family.its not easy,but with his grace,it hs been easy.....,Day D come moronto,i will always be grateful!
Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by Jman06(m): 2:01pm On May 14, 2019
Age is just a number. No need killing yourself because you haven't arrived at a certain age.

Never envy those who seemed to arrive on time. Death rarely differentiates between young and old, so does success!

So long as you are doing your best, just keep pushing, you'll get there some day.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by Recruitmentedu: 2:08pm On May 14, 2019
how old are you now
akaahs:
I remember the day I clock 30 two years ago. I didnt go out that day, just angry with myself about my journey in life so far, no any reasonable job, no investment to show for it, no kids or wife to lean on, in fact no any tangible achievement. Just a life of misery and the thought of when ll I help myself and others around me but then life has a way of rewarding people who persevere to the end.
Thank God I'm moving gradually.
Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by Best1708(f): 2:08pm On May 14, 2019
pressplay411:

There's something about the big 3.0 that puts a person on their toes. The Fear of 30 can really be such a burden to bear. What a generation we have found ourselves. A generation where teenagers are making 8 figures in earnings and are transforming the world.
A generation where even a 25 year old career person feels like an underachiever simply because of the Neymars and Wizkids that are his contemporaries.

When I turned 30, I sank into an avalanche of depression. I felt so lost, so underachieved, so disconnected from my dreams and ambitions, so off the radar among my peers. But I was already beyond suicidal. I had decided if not for anyone, at least for my mom, I would stay alive. I couldn't bear the hurt I would hurt her with such news. No, I did not stay alive because of fear of heaven or hell, I didn't believe in that again, I simply stayed alive, thanks to the woman that really is worth all the Mother's Days in the world.

But in the midst of all these misery of turning 30 underachieved, I was humbled. I was tamed. I evaluated my life, and was honest that I had failed on my own.
Some how, in the middle of it, Grace found me and I turned to God for Salvation.
The rest as they say is history. Today, this Psalm is so real to me, because in numbering my days, I found Wisdom when I turned to God.

Psalm 90:12-14
So teach us to number our days,
That we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Return, O Lord!
How long?
And have compassion on Your servants.
Oh, satisfy us early with Your mercy,
That we may rejoice and be glad all our days!
Thanks so much for lifting my spirit up,so down and broken.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by Best1708(f): 2:13pm On May 14, 2019
My heart often skip beat each time i remember that 30 is right before me,how i wish i can remain on this age scale for the next five years but it's not possible. Not easy being a single lady and also the firstborn of the family,frustrations and pressures here and there. But through it all,i thank God for counting me among the worthy.

5 Likes

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by tydi(m): 2:25pm On May 14, 2019
I have read all through you guys comments and I think it's my time to comment .never wanted but something pushed me to.. . I'm 29 will be 30 next year by God grace.. the OP really rasied a crucial topic to debate on and also to learn from other people experiences . I was thinking I was the only one loosing the grip of life by thinking I am being late in life, probably maybe because I have done what is way above my age, finished schooling though never stopped learning cuz I love knowledge, married bt divorced ,had 2 sons from different women.. so you see I have done things very much above my age.. I love success and that I must be..if not for anything but for those of my sons.. my ex wife has even written me off not being successful at this my age saying I'm already to old to make it in life. someone I love and scarified so much for.. I wonder what some people call love most times.... her love that couldn't preserve the tide of time.. lol.. I just laugh at her.. but with this post I know I'm just at the starting race of a better life ahead.. I gave my self a challenge of 6years From now with the help of God Almighty my story will change and be told on this forum. blessing to all the struggling guys out there. one love.
#signing out.

10 Likes

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by buJu234: 2:35pm On May 14, 2019
am not here to mock any one still staying in his parents house @ 30yrs, especially the males..

but i dont think am comfortable with that mindset.

i dont knw if they still pay ITF fund for doing your 6months industrial training... during my days i was paid 15k.

instead of wasting that money in my final yr, i decided to keep it. immediately i graduated, i added tht money to my savings from NYSC.. i went to rent a very cheap room in a face me & i slap u compound (if u live in Okokomiko u will understand)..

all i wanted was just to begin... after all the bible says despise not the days of little beginning.

immediately i rented that room, while still looking for a professional job, i picked up a teaching job (aka survival job)..

but thank God after some yrs of struggling, i finally got my professional job and i have been making progress eversince.

plx for the guys... pack out of ur parents house with or without a good job immediately u approach 30yrs.

thanks

1 Like

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by faithfull18(f): 2:40pm On May 14, 2019
Like you could read my mind.
Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by Fkhalifa(m): 2:42pm On May 14, 2019
Some people who had it easy, fortunate to make it early in life or very strong to cope with the hardness of life, often see others as failure and useless..

Our society wouldn't help it, how would you feel seeing your younger ones in area living Large from Yahoo?

Pressure here and there..

My advice is so far you are still breathing, keep struggling and praying for God's grace, your time will come and we all would have made it, the time shouldn't bother you,because we all have our time.

5 Likes

Re: A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 by slydog(m): 3:07pm On May 14, 2019
Godsgracee:

The situation you described is only suitable for those whose parents and siblings are independent (the parents pay their rent and takes care the rest children if any). However, if you’re the one who pays your parents and siblings rent, and also take care of their living expenses with perhaps your little income you will understand that it will be unwise to rent additional accommodation for yourself when you’ve not achieve any financial stability whether at 20, 30 or 40. People go through a lot, don’t just use your situation to judge others.

I'm yet to see where I judged anyone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Wife: Why Is The Life of Women So Complicated? / Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.