Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,997 members, 7,952,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:42 AM

Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? (25925 Views)

Man Marries His Own Mother-in-law After Divorcing His Wife Of Eight Years / When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child / Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by HomeOfMe(f): 11:14am On May 16, 2019
NaijaTushboy:
Your Opinion please

I'm a married woman. In my opinion I'd say I don't have to know-it shouldn't be my business whatever he does for his parents. When ever I give my mum and siblings money,I don't tell him because we don't have a joint account. Sometimes when I send money to his own mum,I don't tell him. He only gets to know when his mum tells him. It's not necessary.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by Nobody: 11:24am On May 16, 2019
There is a difference between information and approval.

A husband should be accountable to his wife.

The man should inform the wife, that does not mean that he will wait for the wife to approve it.

It also depends on what the money is to be used for. If it is not an emergency, or the money is big enough to affect some things in the marriage, then I agree that the man should plan it with the wife first.
Building a house for your mother when you are still in a rented apartment, I think you will need your wife's agreement for that one.

Ego is one of the reasons for divorce, I'm the head,I'm the head, doesn't mean you should not be accountable.

However, if the wife is not a responsible or Understanding type, then the case will be different.

In my opinion. It is case by case decision

5 Likes

Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by DedeNkem: 11:35am On May 16, 2019
Yes.
Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by uthlaw: 11:39am On May 16, 2019
IamDavid:
Nothing bad in informing one's wife. Nothing bad. What is bad is when she objects such move and once she does this, I will never tell her such things again.
i swear you Bleep up for this statement..
Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by uthlaw: 11:43am On May 16, 2019
Zinny25:
Wait ooo I don't get this question... Do you mean just letting her know before you send the money and her opinion wouldn't count or she must approve of it first before you send

If your wife is the type that will change face and start calculating how much you have sent to her own mother, my bro send the money without her knowledge. But of she's an understanding wife, you may choose to tell her as her opinion about it wouldn't change your decision.

But I know of couple who send money to their mothers monthly, both of them agree on this. But if the man's mother is needing extra money, then he should send without informing the wife as this could cause trouble
change face or no change face on what reason I will inform her before sending money to my mum....

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by enemona90: 11:57am On May 16, 2019
THIS IS A RHETORICAL QUESTION
Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by Tiwatola: 11:57am On May 16, 2019
and who told u d wife work is only in d kitchen
Olufela30:
Na !! only vice versa cos the husband is the head !!
The wife's work is only in the kitchen n other wifely duties...
When she's nat the one managing the husbands account...
She won't even know I'm giving her anything and if she knows and she wanna fight over it, I'd just ignore her till she understands that "Mama get her own level for my heart" !!

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by WINDSOW(m): 12:10pm On May 16, 2019
Personally, I think one's wife should be in the know but as a man u don't fetch "permission" from your wife before blessing your famz or hers. Informing her is respecting her but consulting her for opinion or permission is a big NO.
Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by Reminder: 12:39pm On May 16, 2019
NO
Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by mcyemite(m): 1:34pm On May 16, 2019
If it's the wife's money, why not?
Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by DjClassik: 1:34pm On May 16, 2019
The day my wife complain of giving my mom cash is the day she will pack out of my house, i hate nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by olumalcolm(m): 1:46pm On May 16, 2019
so i shuld ask my wife b4 i gv Iya Olumide money. if my wife threads dat road, she is going to knock her fathers gate dat nite cos i wuld nt ask for permmission b4 giving "her mother" money.
Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by nonix22(m): 2:01pm On May 16, 2019
all these kids jumping into marriage thesedays. Una never see anything angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by PrincewithGod(m): 2:03pm On May 16, 2019
I just inform her not consult.
Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by showafrica(m): 2:21pm On May 16, 2019
NaijaTushboy:
Your Opinion please

No and not necessary.
Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by showafrica(m): 2:24pm On May 16, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
Yes!

A man must consult his wife before giving money to his mother!angry

In fact he must always screenshot his salary alert and send to his wife immediately he gets it!

He must ask for his wife's permission for any and every monetary transaction he wants to do, even if its to buy clothes or drinks for himself.

Onye iberibesad

you must be a weak, feeble minded, spineless, lily-livered pussy worshipper to ask such a question!

you disgust me!lipsrsealed

This is finishing in mortal kombat 3..just finish him.. Flawless victory.
Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by King44(m): 2:26pm On May 16, 2019
ifyalways:
Well, if its a marriage were all both spouses do is joint account, joint expenses, joint investment, joint this N that, then i guess yes since its an equal yoke marriage cheesy

On a normal level and for me, Hell NO and vice versa. I make and spend my money anyway i deem fit after fulfilling my financial obligations to the family.
even if it is joint everything, for me its a NO and I expect her to do same as well mothers love level is different from wife love level

3 Likes

Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by BluntBlunt: 2:27pm On May 16, 2019
Hmm,I see absolutely no reason why there should be consultations either ways, whether it's the MSN consulting his wife or the wife consulting the husband. In my home our mom's are supreme we don't joke with them because they won't be around for long.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by King44(m): 2:27pm On May 16, 2019
chiommy123:
Not bad na. Its partnership remember?
pathfinder ni !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by chiteny(m): 3:18pm On May 16, 2019
I almost said no but checked on the meaning of the word "consult".

Consult means: seek information or advice from (someone, especially an expert or professional).

This says a lot and i will itemize them.

1. You are getting an opinion/advice/information from your wife. This does not mean you must do what she say. It simply means you are making her realize she has a stake in the financial activities in the home (whether she is the main contributor or not).
2. There are possibilities of some minor cash request you may not run through her as well.
3. Looking at the definition of consult, your wife is not necessarily the expert on financial matters. And even if you are a better financially minded spouse, it does not hurt to still consult her. Who knows, some great ideas can emanate from her advice.

In all, i know this present generation is generally selfish, however in marriage do not forget you are in it with another person. You ought to be selfless and considerate.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by Hodsfo(m): 8:53am On May 17, 2019
Bizzysmitty:
Consult who? My mama first before any other person, period!

You deserve a presidential handshake
Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by Hodsfo(m): 8:55am On May 17, 2019
kaen1317:
You can have another wife but not another mother. So answer is NO.
Good point
Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by Hodsfo(m): 9:04am On May 17, 2019
Budex40:
This is NOT negotiable, PARENTS COME FIRST (Even if Father and Mother are confirmed Witches).........No woman in this life can take my Parent's place in my heart.
O, I love this! I thought I was the only one thinking in this direction. YOU CAN HAVE A MILLION WIFE IF YOU CHOOSE TO BUT NEVER MORE THAN ONE MOTHER/ FATHER. So they come first no matter what, after which any other person can follow.
Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by Redhot111(m): 7:47am On May 19, 2019
Mynd44:
I was not saying the husband and wife are one couple.
Husband from one marriage
Wife from another narriage
Both with different formulas
Now I understand. Thanks
Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by Redhot111(m): 7:47am On May 19, 2019
Mynd44:
I was not saying the husband and wife are one couple.
Husband from one marriage
Wife from another narriage
Both with different formulas
Now I understand. Thanks
Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by bukatyne(f): 7:16pm On May 19, 2019
udemzyudex:
Never I repeat never.

Even my mum told me that it is not always right to consult your wife in every plan you have with your own family.

Like helping your mum,sis, brother or any other family members.
There are some decisions you have to make without consulting your wife.

Your mum told you that?

Hmmmm.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:12pm On May 19, 2019
004gist:
Ask your wife if her son he carried for good 9 months, breastfeed and cared with or without your input now married a wife and before he send her money in the village the wife must approve of it and also know like they both agreed first before the son can send her money.

Imagine the Nonsense and ingredients

Unless the money belongs to your wife.

a clever man will tell his wife and same with a clever woman

let me explain

most mothers think there are entitled to her son's money even when the son has his own family to look after.

but to the scenario, there is a sort of built in cat and dog relationship between daughter in laws and mother in law so play clever on the two, if the husband sends money to his mother he should send it saying, it come from his wife and the same with wife if she sends money to her parents she should say its from son in law

this way your are sending a message to say you work as a unity in home, sending the wrong signal creates a problem one wont feel respect, telling the wife doesnt mean it needs approval but you are keeping her into the loop

a good mother in law will say thanks to the wife even though she was given the money by her own soon, and wife wont be surpraised be hubby told her.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by fcdgrand(m): 6:48pm On May 20, 2019
should buhari consult osibanjo before giving emir of kastina money?
Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 20, 2019
Doesn't it depend on the amount of money and the circumstances surrounding it? Why would I tell my husband that I am giving my mum money he will not even notice I have spent. But of course if it is a bigger amount, I will consult him. And any reasonable man will talk to his wife before he either decides to use the family's savings or will need his wife's support, be it only in the form of a more conscious spending habits. Why do people make everything so complicated? You must work as a team. unless mummy in law is a greedy witch, where is the problem?

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by IamDavid(m): 7:43am On May 21, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

a clever man will tell his wife and same with a clever woman

let me explain

most mothers think there are entitled to her son's money even when the son has his own family to look after.

but to the scenario, there is a sort of built in cat and dog relationship between daughter in laws and mother in law so play clever on the two, if the husband sends money to his mother he should send it saying, it come from his wife and the same with wife if she sends money to her parents she should say its from son in law

this way your are sending a message to say you work as a unity in home, sending the wrong signal creates a problem one wont feel respect, telling the wife doesnt mean it needs approval but you are keeping her into the loop

a good mother in law will say thanks to the wife even though she was given the money by her own soon, and wife wont be surpraised be hubby told her.

So happy people with sense still remain in this world... What's the big deal there... As far as I'm concerned... I can tell my wife anything and everything. It doesn't make one a weakling. It's not like seeking approval, just gist... Loosen up guys!
Re: Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? by Ebenezar2020(m): 8:44am On Jan 04, 2020
pwettyJasmine:

This guy is a time bomb waiting to explode in marriage. You have the worst orientation. See the sound of your comment sef. Na wa oh
olufela30 is absolutely right.
I mean why the hell should I consult my wife before I give money to my dear Mama?
who does that? shouldn't the wife's place end at the kitchen and the other room cos that's her only use in marriage?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

14 Things That Hurt Your Wife / Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? / Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.