Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You (44697 Views)

Why You Need An Artiste Manager In 2023: Written By Amechi Okoli / Is It Possible For An Artiste To Blow Without A Record Label In Nigeria / Are You An Artiste? Partake In The Danny S "Kiss" Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Ijawwomaninoyo: 3:40pm On May 19, 2019
dingbang:
Tonto dike is not an artist angry

Was a day artist.
She tried music too but didn't get it right
Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by phemiolumide(m): 3:40pm On May 19, 2019
Yemi alade
Harrysong
Jaywon
......all wack

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by jceaglewatch(m): 3:41pm On May 19, 2019
Nigerian music industry
Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by jaxxy(m): 3:41pm On May 19, 2019
skimmy005:
DAVIDO

What is the meaning of ur Yansh is bigger than Bombay? I lost hope in naija music that day.

8 Likes

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by miketayo(m): 3:42pm On May 19, 2019
Bruna boy, I don't get him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Lucywinsten: 3:43pm On May 19, 2019
[
Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by SheikhMuniru(m): 3:44pm On May 19, 2019
PASUMA ALABI
Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by d33types: 3:45pm On May 19, 2019
kings59:

He didn't nail anything bro, he only nailed his own head.

Every country has their own lyric, if you go to America, they have their own, if you go to Ghana, their also have their style of music.

If you said those musicians are singing trash, what about fela

Let's be realistic, we have our own pattern and artist must follow our pattern. Must we follow or imitate foreign artist??

Be proud of your country.

In the business world, you must give your customers what they want.

Make some noise for the only musician who understood and gave us what we wanted.

Make sone noise(like) for 2face idibia, also don't forget Nigga raw, face, Harrison, tiwa,wizkid,simi,burna boy and davido.

I don't agree to your post bro.
This hasn't been the style of Nigerian artists till about 15 years ago when these their rubbish started.

Fela? ?

1 Like

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Hoodbilonia: 3:46pm On May 19, 2019
Tip toeing out tha bank
Rick ross
He can talk lie

Nice bass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgyFDh1Qwxs

Rick ross has this cinema audio sound effects men
Baddest
Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Themandator: 3:46pm On May 19, 2019
There are many making sense . It must not be about government or the society but the lyrics having coordination between verses and there are artist that are keeping it good.... Davido is one artist that keeps to a particular story and tell it to the end... Chioma’s, Nwa Baby tells a story and ends it not jumping from one and suddenly interjecting some meaningless statement into

Another is Maleek Berry
Tiwa
Rude Boy

tetralogyfallot:
The only Nigeria than makes sense lyrically is sound sultan all other don't make sense. But who even listens to songs lyrics in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by wakes: 3:46pm On May 19, 2019
ok
Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Akabuking: 3:47pm On May 19, 2019
Asa and brymo. others are scam.

3 Likes

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Themandator: 3:47pm On May 19, 2019
I believe that line is from wiz kid

jaxxy:

What is the meaning of ur Yansh is bigger than Bombay? I lost hope in naija music that day.

1 Like

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Gudwork(m): 3:47pm On May 19, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL.. TONTO. TERRIBLE PERSON. TERRIBLE MUSIC.

IF THEY PLAY THAT GIRL'S MUSIC AT MY FUNERAL I'LL WAKE UP AND KILL EVERYBODY.

Sorry sir.. are you about to die??

1 Like

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by fotadmowmend(m): 3:48pm On May 19, 2019
Olamide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by ShenTeh(m): 3:48pm On May 19, 2019
Who sang that 'Sesame ganja!' and 'Aweh' song?

Nobody should compete rubbish with that guy abeg. Na him get the trophy joor.

8 Likes

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 19, 2019
Timi Dakolo, Dare Art Alade, Simi, Asa, Adekunle Gold are the only Nigerian musician making good music lyrically.

King of noise include Olamide, Wizkid, Davido while others follow

Queen of noise include Tiwa Savage, yemi Alade

5 Likes

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Gudwork(m): 3:50pm On May 19, 2019
Nothing make sense in nija.. including some of our OP on nairaland
Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Acidosis(m): 3:50pm On May 19, 2019
WizKid.
Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by pek(m): 3:51pm On May 19, 2019
Timaya. No one comes second.
Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 19, 2019
franklingud:
Truth is... Nigerians like listening to good rubbish. That's why artists like wizkid, kCee, Skiibii, tekno etc doesn't have lyrical content in all their songs.
At least Davido is trying but not even up to 70% when rated.
KCee is the worst.
Artists like Asa, Timi Dakolo, Simi, Adekunle gold, Korede bello, Duncan mighty are really making me proud.

Rappers like M I are legendary lyricists.

Others go to the studio to smoke weed, shout to a good production and start their gibbering, ranting and release it for Nigerians that like listening to their nonsense.

And lastly let me make it clear that Falzthebadguy album EP "moral instructions" is EPIC.
Kudos to him.
You made a lot of sense my brother

2 Likes

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Zakkyoz: 3:55pm On May 19, 2019
Terry G. Fortunately, he has gone into oblivion.

2 Likes

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by engrelvis(m): 3:55pm On May 19, 2019
YusufTheGreat:
Nigerian music has come a long way home and abroad, what’s not to love giving the kind of growth the industry has witnessed in recent years.

At this point, it is safe to say Nigerian music is going international and this (going international ‘ish’) now raises the question of whether or not our music is mature enough for the big stage out of Africa.

The reason for the rise of this question stems from the kind of lyrics our music contains. It is safe to say that most Nigerian artists pay less or no attention to the lyrical content of their music; all they want to make is a club banger that would get them some shows and gigs.

This obvious reason is why a singer as talented as Asa is more of a hit outside the country than inside the country.

Make we leave talk for another day!

Guys, Name One Naija Artist Whose Lyrics Has Never Make Sense To You
90 percent of Nigeria (including davido WizKid) musicians lyrics don't make sense.is all about beat now.
Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Lumig: 3:55pm On May 19, 2019
Majek Fashek and Ebenezer Obey
Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by 12345baba(m): 3:57pm On May 19, 2019
Olamide
Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by engrelvis(m): 3:58pm On May 19, 2019
franklingud:
Truth is... Nigerians like listening to good rubbish. That's why artists like wizkid, kCee, Skiibii, tekno etc doesn't have lyrical content in all their songs.
At least Davido is trying but not even up to 70% when rated.
KCee is the worst.
Artists like Asa, Timi Dakolo, Simi, Adekunle gold, Korede bello, Duncan mighty are really making me proud.

Rappers like M I are legendary lyricists.

Others go to the studio to smoke weed, shout to a good production and start their gibbering, ranting and release it for Nigerians that like listening to their nonsense.

And lastly let me make it clear that Falzthebadguy album EP "moral instructions" is EPIC.
Kudos to him.
if I v read dis earlier I won't v made any comment.y? because u spoke exactly my mind. Falz is trying lyrically

5 Likes

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by NyomiBanxxx: 3:59pm On May 19, 2019
Wizkid
Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by sod09(m): 4:02pm On May 19, 2019
ibkayee:

Behave grin
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by jamnzeakkor(m): 4:02pm On May 19, 2019
Omo see broda, broda wey mumu
Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by Basic123: 4:03pm On May 19, 2019
Breezzy:
Olamide
You are probably not a Yoruba man.Olamide has sang so many meaningful songs and So many rubbish.Just choose your choice!

can you imagine,I was just telling my wife this yesterday when I was watching one of his meaningful songs video.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by SUNDICOS(m): 4:05pm On May 19, 2019
Savior Lasor
Re: Name An Artiste Whose Lyrics Have Never Made Sense To You by darkelf: 4:05pm On May 19, 2019
MJBOLT:
too many people,i cant pick one but 99% of nigerian musicians have wack lyrics

TRUE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bullet Blasts Event Organizers For Playing Nigerian Music In Ghana (Video) . / Download Full Tracks: MI Abaga Album – Chairman / P-Square - Personally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.