Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (966823 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
GOTO MSN AUTOS

Gabrinoz: Pls I need info on ML320 fuel comsumption and durability
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jahjehova(m): 7:31pm On Apr 28, 2013
I wish to say a big kudos to NUEL partners auto garage in akure. They did a GREAT job on my C220 w202. They av a gud diagonistic machine. With well trained YOUNG engineers who learnt the trade from their father & added education to it. I recommend them to anyone. They can even come to you if U need them to.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by pafestula(m): 12:13am On Apr 29, 2013
jahjehova: I wish to say a big kudos to NUEL partners auto garage in akure. They did a GREAT job on my C220 w202. They av a gud diagonistic machine. With well trained YOUNG engineers who learnt the trade from their father & added education to it. I recommend them to anyone. They can even come to you if U need them to.
Please give me their workshop address, phone numbers also please.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jahjehova(m): 1:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
pafestula:
Please give me their workshop address, phone numbers also please.

Ife - 080-346-18074
Akure - Ondo road. After the army baracks, before NTA, ( when going from akure township)

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
NTA, is it not at Oba Ile?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by pafestula(m): 6:01pm On Apr 29, 2013
smartchoice: NTA, is it not at Oba Ile?
how did you know Oba Ile? hmmm una dey waka ooo!!! well that of Oba Ile na old office, now they operates at Adebowale area, close to positive FM.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
cool

pafestula:
how did you know Oba Ile? hmmm una dey waka ooo!!! well that of Oba Ile na old office, now they operations at Adebowale area, close to positive FM.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jahjehova(m): 1:29pm On Apr 30, 2013
smartchoice: cool

see men. So una know Akure like this.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by pafestula(m): 10:12pm On Apr 30, 2013
jahjehova:

I know every corner of south west. etc

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 01, 2013
cool

jahjehova:

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jahjehova(m): 10:29am On May 02, 2013
smartchoice: cool

I believe U. It didnt even take U time. Wen did U go dia? Wat can U say about dia service? Dats Ife in d pix. Didnt get d name of the other guy in d background. Guess U also met Robert?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:16am On May 02, 2013
Bally is his name

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trac: 6:08am On May 07, 2013
Gabrinoz: Pls I need info on ML320 fuel comsumption and durability

If you are still in the market for one, look into the 450/500 specifications. The bluetec is another tempting alternative. If fuel consumption is a big concern, a Mercedes ML is probably unsuited for that criterion. If the contrary is the case, the difference in liter/cent-KM is not much between the gas engines.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cowtail: 9:50pm On May 11, 2013
kuntash:

sorry for the late response, check your email, Note: its the user's manual...

I also added the service manual for the transmission..

cheers
kindly help me with the manual. I have a C230 kompressor 2000 model. My email address is ochejaetu@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by otoidea(m): 6:41pm On May 12, 2013
my experience with the 2004 c240 has been annoying! in under 2 months of owning it ive done the following:

changed transmission
changed EGS
fixed exhaust and installed catalyst
changed radiator bottle
changed gasket
changed upper radiator pipe
just upper arm and steering rack
and now there is a wiring issue that makes the fan blow loud.

it just always seems like as one thing is being fixed something else is waiting to break...

still need to change shocks and find a solution to the SRS fault code that the mech says i need to change the SRS on the steering

the mech seems competent but with every new fault i lose confidence.

now i dont even know if its just the car thats wack or its the mech.

im coming from a honda background where my EOD gave little or no issues ... all i had to worry about was routine service maintenance

jst wanted to experience the change and its been heartbreaking! not encouraged to explore a newer model MB ... may js go back to Honda when the frustration peaks... iv been uber patient.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 12, 2013
Sorry sir. I suspect you bought one of the Mercedes/Chrysler variants. Though I believe you would have been better off with a competent Mech who uses a Star and not guess/experience work.
otoidea: my experience with the 2004 c240 has been annoying! in under 2 months of owning it ive done the following:

changed transmission
changed EGS
fixed exhaust and installed catalyst
changed radiator bottle
changed gasket
changed upper radiator pipe
just upper arm and steering rack
and now there is a wiring issue that makes the fan blow loud.

it just always seems like as one thing is being fixed something else is waiting to break...

still need to change shocks and find a solution to the SRS fault code that the mech says i need to change the SRS on the steering

the mech seems competent but with every new fault i lose confidence.

now i dont even know if its just the car thats wack or its the mech.

im coming from a honda background where my EOD gave little or no issues ... all i had to worry about was routine service maintenance

jst wanted to experience the change and its been heartbreaking! not encouraged to explore a newer model MB ... may js go back to Honda when the frustration peaks... iv been uber patient.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by pafestula(m): 9:56pm On May 12, 2013
MB guru, please help! My C class started drama since yesterday, I noticed the A.c was not too cold yesterday, so I took it for gas refiling stuff, which it began working fine and driving smoothly, but today when I started the engine in the morning, the said A.c went back to the old way of not of not been cold, this evening I noticed the gear area became very warm also the AC blowing warm breeze , also my RMP increased to 4000 rmp when I switch the gear to "P" but when on "D" - 2000 rmp with AC on. please help if this is normal and the way out to that AC and the warm stuff. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:20am On May 13, 2013
Which variant of C class are you talking about so the MB gurus can assist you when they come.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sultaan(m): 2:42am On May 13, 2013
pafestula: MB guru, please help! My C class started drama since yesterday, I noticed the A.c was not too cold yesterday, so I took it for gas refiling stuff, which it began working fine and driving smoothly, but today when I started the engine in the morning, the said A.c went back to the old way of not of not been cold, this evening I noticed the gear area became very warm also the AC blowing warm breeze , also my RMP increased to 4000 rmp when I switch the gear to "P" but when on "grin" - 2000 rmp with AC on. please help if this is normal and the way out to that AC and the warm stuff. Thanks

What if you have a leak in your system.
Have you checked for a leak?

When your ac stops cooling you should check for a leak in the system if you already refilled.

I think your rpm might be caused by mechanic not putting vacuum hoses back together properly.

Take several pic of your engine at different angle and post them, someone might see something

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Marpol: 5:54am On May 13, 2013
Pls house I want to find out more about the 2003 E-class mercedes benz. The pros and cons.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:55am On May 13, 2013
Marpol: Pls house I want to find out more about the 2003 E-class mercedes benz. The pros and cons.
goto MSN autos
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by otoidea(m): 3:31pm On May 13, 2013
anyone know a competent mercedes mechanic in Lagos?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by pafestula(m): 8:01pm On May 13, 2013
sultaan:

What if you have a leak in your system.
Have you checked for a leak?

When your ac stops cooling you should check for a leak in the system if you already refilled.

I think your rpm might be caused by mechanic not putting vacuum hoses back together properly.

Take several pic of your engine at different angle and post them, someone might see something
As for the AC, the Man said my evaporator is faulty, any idea of how much this could cost?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 13, 2013
pafestula:
As for the AC, the Man said my evaporator is faulty, any idea of how much this could cost?
faulty evaporator? How did he arrive at that? Has he checked the drier and other components like the valve, condenser etc? And do you smell gas inside the car when the airconditioner is on?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by pafestula(m): 9:35pm On May 14, 2013
smartchoice:
faulty evaporator? How did he arrive at that? Has he checked the drier and other components like the valve, condenser etc? And do you smell gas inside the car when the airconditioner is on?
He checked the condenser, its was okay, also trace leakage, but nothing was found, everything is Ok, then him and the Mecho concluded it is the evaporator due to the way the AC is blowing, presently the AC is blowing but not cold to taste, that's after he still refilled it again yesterday, when he finished the filling, it was super cold, but today cool not cold.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by pafestula(m): 9:36pm On May 14, 2013
smartchoice:
He checked the condenser, its was okay, also traced the leakage, but nothing was found, everything is Ok, then him and the Mecho concluded it is the evaporator due to the way the AC is blowing, presently the AC is blowing but not cold to taste, that's after he still refilled it again yesterday, when he finished the filling yesterday , it was super cold, but today cool not cold.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sultaan(m): 4:34am On May 15, 2013
You still have a leak, in the US the will refill with a can of dye and run ac.
When it leaks out the dye will show where the leak is then they will fix it(usually one of the hoses check around crimps too).Then you have to vacuum the line to boil off moisture and then refill.

search for videos on youtube and you will understand

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aikerism(m): 11:34am On May 15, 2013
otoidea: anyone know a competent mercedes mechanic in Lagos?

I know of one Chibuzor in Lagos... He is as good as they come as far as mercedes luxury sedans and jeeps are concerned. He even comes to abuja to fix mercedes cars but he has a garage in Lagos. I believe u will be satisfied after just one visit.08037220897 is his number. Just mention Ik Njoku from Abuja gave u his contact. I wish u well. I drive a 96 C class W202 I bought in december, his contributions and expertise has been wonderful... Cheers! wink
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tommysparks: 2:40pm On May 15, 2013
Hello benz users, I use a C240 W203
My problem is dat d fuel cuts at 1/4 tank I have to refill d tank before d car starts. D car was jerking my mech checked d fuel filter it was filled wit dirt so I changed it and had him wash d fuel tank now d jerking has stopped but d fuel now cuts and d car won't start when it gets to 1/4 tank. Pls anyone with such experience should tell me how he solved his own cos I want to minimise trial and error from our local mechs cos once they touch ur car wit guess work its always one problem to another.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 16, 2013
pafestula:
He checked the condenser, its was okay, also traced the leakage, but nothing was found, everything is Ok, then him and the Mecho concluded it is the evaporator due to the way the AC is blowing, presently the AC is blowing but not cold to taste, that's after he still refilled it again yesterday, when he finished the filling yesterday , it was super cold, but today cool not cold.
Still have a leak don't support evaporator theory. Check the drier, valves and joints for leaks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:15pm On May 21, 2013
Your ac is leaking somewhere, don't refill again untill you find where the leakage is. Usually, this kind of leakage do most likely occur around the crimps between the ac hoes and the cripms at the condenser joints and from the compressor pipe that leads to the evaporator. Start from there(the condenser joint) to trace for oil leaks down to the compressor neck. If you see one , then replace that particular hoes, or recrimp, If it is not tightened well then tightened it well.If non, also start from the compressor joint pipe that leads to the evaporator and look for oil trace.If it is the evaporator, then you will have to replace that. Locally, detergent foam can be helpful to trace the leaks for you. But a more refine way to do it is to refill with dye to see where it is actually leaking from Goodluck

pafestula: MB guru, please help! My C class started drama since yesterday, I noticed the A.c was not too cold yesterday, so I took it for gas refiling stuff, which it began working fine and driving smoothly, but today when I started the engine in the morning, the said A.c went back to the old way of not of not been cold, this evening I noticed the gear area became very warm also the AC blowing warm breeze , also my RMP increased to 4000 rmp when I switch the gear to "P" but when on "grin" - 2000 rmp with AC on. please help if this is normal and the way out to that AC and the warm stuff. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:43pm On May 21, 2013
Sometimes, this can be fuel pump issues, because it does too much work to pump the fuel when the fuel is low. You can observe the power of your pump by uninstalling it and testing the pump pressure with the terminals of the car battery to confirm if it is pumping high or low. Secondly it could still be an electrical issue around the fuel pump relay socket at the boot, if it were w202(i am not sure of w203). If it were w202, this is what you would have done:
Because of the much needed pressure at quatre tank, it may be having failing or partial contact, to test this , connect a wire to the first hole by the right of the fuel pump relay socket(usually no connectors goes through the fuel pump realay to this hole) and extend the wire to the positive head of your car battery, fix back the fuel pump relay to sit on the wire too. Start your motto and drive extensively at low tank and observe if it will cut off again. Good luck

tommysparks: Hello benz users, I use a C240 W203
My problem is dat d fuel cuts at 1/4 tank I have to refill d tank before d car starts. D car was jerking my mech checked d fuel filter it was filled wit dirt so I changed it and had him wash d fuel tank now d jerking has stopped but d fuel now cuts and d car won't start when it gets to 1/4 tank. Pls anyone with such experience should tell me how he solved his own cos I want to minimise trial and error from our local mechs cos once they touch ur car wit guess work its always one problem to another.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.