Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968373 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Zino1011(m): 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
Any idea the price of glk 350 (2011) brain box?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by buygala(m): 6:32pm On Nov 10, 2021
Zino1011:
Any idea the price of glk 350 (2011) brain box?

Somebody i know imported a used one for around £200...I don't know how much he paid for programming it .

I guess prices will vary from supplier to supplier and if it's new or used
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Zino1011(m): 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2021
buygala:

Somebody i know imported a used one for around £200...I don't know how much he paid for programming it .

I guess prices will vary from supplier to supplier and if it's new or used
reason why I feel it a ripoff to charge me 190k for a used brainbox
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by buygala(m): 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
Zino1011:
reason why I feel it a ripoff to charge me 190k for a used brainbox

As long as it works perfectly, pay for it o...at least you can install, programme.and test it on the spot before you pay....

For an imported used one, there is no guarantee that it will work perfectly since you obviously can't test it before paying...and there is also the issue of getting your funds back from the vendor if you are returning the item....even in the overseas, scammers abound looking for who to play a fast one on smiley
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Zino1011(m): 4:07am On Nov 11, 2021
buygala:

As long as it works perfectly, pay for it o...at least you can install, programme.and test it on the spot before you pay....

For an imported used one, there is no guarantee that it will work perfectly since you obviously can't test it before paying...and there is also the issue of getting your funds back from the vendor if you are returning the item....even in the overseas, scammers abound looking for who to play a fast one on smiley
Thanks sir.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Oluyinkaade001: 5:53am On Nov 11, 2021
Anyone with an idea how much I can fix the break booster for c300 (2008) 4matic
David275:
. I have had this similar issues on my Mercedes C240. The air sound stopped when I replace the break booster (break servo). Check your break booster
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by atiku07(m): 11:00am On Nov 11, 2021
Praxtech:

Just like that?......

yes just like that there is a likely possibility waster has entered the ECU over time without you detecting something may have blocked the drain to cause this the ECU is located in the front hood by the right together with the SAM
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheGrandMaster: 3:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
Oluyinkaade001:
Anyone with an idea how much I can fix the break booster for c300 (2008) 4matic

Buy another one. Why would you want to fix it?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Oluyinkaade001: 8:18pm On Nov 11, 2021
Yeah I mean replacing it.

TheGrandMaster:

Buy another one. Why would you want to fix it?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 8:44am On Nov 12, 2021
kuntash:
11 yrs ago when this thread was made , ... The kind of Benz models available these days were like in the making ...

When I look at the way Mercedes Benz have responded to the many Asian brands , one can see more reasons why Benz indeed leads while others follow ...

Maximum respect bro for this thread.I owe you one ocatne booster and injector cleaner .

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheGrandMaster: 11:46am On Nov 12, 2021
Oluyinkaade001:
Yeah I mean replacing it.

When i changed mine about 2 years ago for the same type of car and model year it cost about 25k.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by depure(m): 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
buygala:
This is what what Nigeria go through

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kuntash: 11:58am On Nov 21, 2021
nakoks:

Maximum respect bro for this thread.I owe you one ocatne booster and injector cleaner .

grin grin, bro I go send you address o cos I no dey use that product play ...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kuntash: 12:07pm On Nov 21, 2021
buygala:

Benz leads to the mechanic workshop while others follow ba grin

I keep mentioning this issue with capacity ... It's so key in almost anything in life , if you feel Benz dey problematic to you , it could be you have been struggling with an incompetent mechanic or electrician ... Or you are the type that prefers to throw maintenance to the gutters and rather use the vehicle until e quench ....

ANY AUTOMOBILE GIVEN AN APPROVAL TO PLY ROADS GLOBALLY HAS TO MEET SOME SPECIFIC STANDARDS AND ITS DEEM FIT.

so when you expect people to complain of incompetence on the part of their technician, they easily turn to the vehicle .....

My first Benz was a C class up till today I wished I still had that ride , they are built tough and quite durable too and most importantly designed safely ...

Check out their breaking bound technology lately , see the various models and trims , in terms of elegance , class , durability etc .. and also latest technology .. They have stamped their feet once more or rather bounced back to state clearly who is the boss !

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 10:35pm On Nov 21, 2021
kuntash:

I keep mentioning this issue with capacity ... It's so key in almost anything in life , if you feel Benz dey problematic to you , it could be you have been struggling with an incompetent mechanic or electrician ... Or you are the type that prefers to throw maintenance to the gutters and rather use the vehicle until e quench ....

ANY AUTOMOBILE GIVEN AN APPROVAL TO PLY ROADS GLOBALLY HAS TO MEET SOME SPECIFIC STANDARDS AND ITS DEEM FIT.

so when you expect people to complain of incompetence on the part of their technician, they easily turn to the vehicle .....

My first Benz was a C class up till today I wished I still had that ride , they are built tough and quite durable too and most importantly designed safely ...

Check out their breaking bound technology lately , see the various models and trims , in terms of elegance , class , durability etc .. and also latest technology .. They have stamped their feet once more or rather bounced back to state clearly who is the boss !

C class is a good ride... I mean a car that comes with cross bars in all the doors and 8 fűcking airbags isn't a moi moi

Benz dey build cars shaaa

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Manuella4ace: 2:35pm On Nov 22, 2021
ariesbull:

C class is a good ride... I mean a car that comes with cross bars in all the doors and 8 fűcking airbags isn't a moi moi

Benz dey build cars shaaa

Is it 203 or 204 or 205?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
Manuella4ace:

Is it 203 or 204 or 205?
from 05.... While from 1999 has 6 as a standard... Same with all the ML.... Benz don't play with safety

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Midoda: 1:55pm On Nov 23, 2021
ariesbull:
from 05.... While from 1999 has 6 as a standard... Same with all the ML.... Benz don't play with safety
203 from 2000
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by WordsWriter: 3:22pm On Nov 25, 2021
Help my Dash(c300) is showing service B due in 10 days.

Serviced with Mobil 1 and changed oil filter. it’s still showing.

A road side kezeem says it’s gear box servicing how true is this?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2021
WordsWriter:
Help my Dash(c300) is showing service B due in 10 days.

Serviced with Mobil 1 and changed oil filter. it’s still showing.

A road side kezeem says it’s gear box servicing how true is this?

Service A is Oil change, service B is brake pad inspection wheel balance and rotation, alignment, inspection of P/S fluid, Brake fluid, Battery Level, Coolant level, exterior and interior lights checks etc. It's a 20,000 miles service.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by WordsWriter: 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2021
kingreign:

Service A is Oil change, service B is brake pad inspection wheel balance and rotation, alignment, inspection of P/S fluid, Brake fluid, Battery Level, Coolant level, exterior and interior lights checks etc. It's a 20,000 miles service.

Thanks man. After working on all these does the prompt go away on its on or it has to be reset manually?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2021
WordsWriter:

Thanks man. After working on all these does the prompt go away on its on or it has to be reset manually?

You need to either use a special tool to reset it, or use the reset procedure to reset it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tetralogyfallot(m): 10:08pm On Nov 25, 2021
danny34:
Hello guys,

my 2002 W203 C200 kompressor, red top engine, fires and when you start it and idles almost immediately.

When you are on the road, it takes a while to pick up, when it eventually picks, anytime you slow down or apply brake, to pick up again takes time, and those behind you are horning for you.

I have just changed my plugs. Should I change the throttle sensor?
it's air flow meter. This same issue happened to me and it's the same type of car. Changing air flow meter u must go with the car cos it's selective, u can fix like 2,3 or even upto 4 before u get the one that will work perfectly for your car.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 11:21am On Nov 26, 2021
I greet everyone in the house.

Please how do I check the year model of my car because the VIN doesn't seems to give a good detail.

Most importantly, i don't feel my car again like it was when i first got it. You know that fast movement from rest or on traffic wanting to overtake or change lanes... It's seems to have lost that quick response.

Some times its jerks like it wants to go off or like a bouncing kite with sharp breaking grin

The sound from the exhauste manifold is something I can't describe, as a breathing whale with blockage or something.

I've seen changed the spark plugs and blow the air filter yesterday and I noticed a slight improvement. When the mechanic unplugged the air flow meter sensor yesterday everything seems to normalize apart from me not driving to check the fast movement from rest.

Attached within is one of my previous scan result.

Please help analyse as I don't even have money to start throwing on everything unnecessary thing after spending over 350k revamping the air conditioning system and a proper conversation.

Though car is moving well but I want engine check light out (I hate seeing notifications signs on dashboard) and that quick response back as its the main flavor that attracted me to D Benz fam.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 11:30am On Nov 26, 2021
WordsWriter:

Check YouTube on how to reset it. My is a default maintenance set as 10,000 miles. Just check YouTube well to find how to reset yours don't listen to those quack mecho o some of them are agents of the devil.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by drakeskull(m): 5:06pm On Nov 26, 2021
Felicity0001:
I greet everyone in the house.

Please how do I check the year model of my car because the VIN doesn't seems to give a good detail.

Most importantly, i don't feel my car again like it was when i first got it. You know that fast movement from rest or on traffic wanting to overtake or change lanes... It's seems to have lost that quick response.

Some times its jerks like it wants to go off or like a bouncing kite with sharp breaking grin

The sound from the exhauste manifold is something I can't describe, as a breathing whale with blockage or something.

I've seen changed the spark plugs and blow the air filter yesterday and I noticed a slight improvement. When the mechanic unplugged the air flow meter sensor yesterday everything seems to normalize apart from me not driving to check the fast movement from rest.

Attached within is one of my previous scan result.

Please help analyse as I don't even have money to start throwing on everything unnecessary thing after spending over 350k revamping the air conditioning system and a proper conversation.

Though car is moving well but I want engine check light out (I hate seeing notifications signs on dashboard) and that quick response back as its the main flavor that attracted me to D Benz fam.

Drive with the airflow meter disconnected and check if movement improves and jerking stops
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 7:04pm On Nov 26, 2021
drakeskull:

Drive with the airflow meter disconnected and check if movement improves and jerking stops

Any danger driving it for long while troubleshooting with the airflow sensor unsucket? because the jerking, whale like breath and slight vibration reduced and occurred intermittently after I carried out the change of spark plugs yesterday
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by drakeskull(m): 9:37pm On Nov 26, 2021
Felicity0001:

Any danger driving it for long while troubleshooting with the airflow sensor unsucket? because the jerking, whale like breath and slight vibration reduced and occurred intermittently after I carried out the change of spark plugs yesterday

Not for long. Speaking from experience, though not a Benz. BMW 5 series same symptom, goes into limp mode under heavy acceleration. Disconnected the sensor to confirm it's working state and car performed excellent when disconnected
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by santakris(m): 4:33am On Nov 27, 2021
Attention:
Who sells Benz parts here or direct me to where I can get speed sensors for my w202. It's not shifting gear anymore and scanner pointed to right speed sensor

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by oluayebenz: 11:40am On Nov 27, 2021
santakris:
Attention:
Who sells Benz parts here or direct me to where I can get speed sensors for my w202. It's not shifting gear anymore and scanner pointed to right speed sensor

Have you check your ABS
Is the ABS light on ?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2021
drakeskull:

Not for long. Speaking from experience, though not a Benz. BMW 5 series same symptom, goes into limp mode under heavy acceleration. Disconnected the sensor to confirm it's working state and car performed excellent when disconnected

Yeah! Same system and you actually guess right, as car started performing like ogbanje I just disconnected the air flow meter sensor and car is performing like normal, speed is good now.

So what seems to be the solution. Replace the entire part with a tokunbo or new one or get an electrician to clean it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by drakeskull(m): 6:38pm On Nov 27, 2021
Felicity0001:

Yeah! Same system and you actually guess right, as car started performing like ogbanje I just disconnected the air flow meter sensor and car is performing like normal, speed is good now.

So what seems to be the solution. Replace the entire part with a tokunbo or new one or get an electrician to clean it.

Replace the airflow meter with new if possible or tokunbo if you're lucky to get one that works well

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.