Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title (45390 Views)

Elizabeth Oshoba Becomes First Nigerian Female Boxer To Win World Title / David Alaba Presents His Jersey To President Tinubu In Paris / The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by eyeview: 9:18am On Jun 01, 2019
It's a new day!

Yes it is!
Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by Itimkpataka2: 9:19am On Jun 01, 2019
Wwe tried to recognize Kofi Kingston after so many years of entertaining fans of wwe. It's not easy. Atleast The script show is no longer one sided of John Cena, Brook, Roman etc.

3 Likes

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by Sanchez01: 9:20am On Jun 01, 2019
Highesschief1:
Wrestling is fake
Fake isn't the word. Scripted is.

7 Likes

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by Agbaletu: 9:21am On Jun 01, 2019
Elelfa:

Lol....no mind us ooooo

Exactly why it's called world wrestling entertainment.

Their moves are real though because they've trained for years to master it. Every other thing is on the scripts.

Money dey that industry shaa
You are very correct. WWE is an athletic soap opera.

4 Likes

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by Agbaletu: 9:21am On Jun 01, 2019
Sanchez01:

Fake isn't the word. Scripted is.
Correct!

4 Likes

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 01, 2019
comshots:
Wwe is a scripted wrestling match.
How a wrestler go stand dey look his fellow wrestler dey hit am without doing anything is unimaginable.

It is scripted (they call it kayfabe) but part of it is real, and yes, some wrestlers get hurt while perfoming.

And some of those wrestlers are not the kind of people you want to mess with. A few years ago, one of them surprised a burglar in his house. Let's say it did not end well...for the burglar that is.

8 Likes

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by martineverest(m): 9:23am On Jun 01, 2019
mytime24:
I thought kofi Kingston is frm jamaica oooh cheesy
do Jamaicans bear Kofi?

5 Likes

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by cardoctor(m): 9:23am On Jun 01, 2019
Correct guy

1 Like

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by Horus(m): 9:25am On Jun 01, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULCCKCfrqjU

Kofi Kingston visits Nana Akufo Addo; Explains what goes on in Westling

2 Likes

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by RedAlert08(m): 9:26am On Jun 01, 2019
ifyalways:
Mi love Kofi.

Booooooooom drop cheesy Its a new day, yes it is.
Can I chat you up pls?
Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by wink2015(m): 9:26am On Jun 01, 2019
Nice !

Ghanaian International Wrestling Star !

1 Like

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by philcz(m): 9:27am On Jun 01, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
And Nigeria Wrestlers? None in WWE.
Apollo Crews

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by brainhgeek(m): 9:28am On Jun 01, 2019
axcerin:
GistMore.com

The current WWE World Champion Kofi Sarkodie-Mensah, popularly known as 'Kofi Kingston', paid a courtesy visit to President Akufo-Addo at the Jubilee House on Thursday, May 30, 2019.

According to President Akufo-Addo in a post on his official Facebook handle, the WWE star’s visit to Ghana is in response to the proclamation of this year, 2019, as the "Year of Return”,.

The 37-year-old professional wrestler also said that he considers this “Year of Return” as a unique opportunity for him to make a historic visit to Ghana at the height of his wrestling career.

“Above all else, when I was a kid, this was what I wanted to do, it’s awesome that I was able to achieve my childhood dream but what’s even more important than that is for me to come back and inspire people who might be exactly where I was as a little kid watching, hoping to be something that I am living, breathing proof that you can be whatever you want to be.

I’m providing inspiration to people who want to do something but don’t know if they can do it. I’m here to provide inspiration that you can do it if you believe in yourself. So, I’m happy to be here to inspire other Ghanaians to go out and do great things in this world” he said.

See more; http://gistmore.com/kofi-kingston-presents-wwe-world-title-to-ghanaian-president-akufo-addo-photo

Year of return for Ghanaians but year of exit for Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 01, 2019
philcz:
Apollo Crews
What are their names?
Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by RockyEyo(m): 9:29am On Jun 01, 2019
Highesschief1:
Wrestling is fake
OK so wrestling might be fake, but it's executed by really skilled individuals that play to a set of rules,now again I know there may be some match fixing here n there but I think same is to be said for every other sports. ..... hence wrestling is a 50% real sport, I stand to anyways....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 01, 2019
comshots:
How a wrestler go stand dey look his fellow wrestler dey hit am without doing anything is unimaginable.
that's why I can't fathom how a belt is won in a script drama?
Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by wizod(m): 9:30am On Jun 01, 2019
comshots:
not really. Just watched it in Texas years back. It's real though they're always high on drugs

3 Likes

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by philcz(m): 9:30am On Jun 01, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
What are their names?
Just one person, his name is Sesugh Uhaa from Benue State. His Ring name is Apollo Crews

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 01, 2019
Hi86544:
Join Now°!!
una still dey do this rubbish?
Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by Notatribalist(m): 9:31am On Jun 01, 2019
CanineOfJackal:
Did you ask questions before thoughting? Stop thoughting so that I can think for you
Koffi is actually a Jamaican.
Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 01, 2019
wizod:
not really. Just watched it in Texas years back. It's real though they're always high on drugs
you believe it's real? go and watch the documentary on the life of Andrew the giant and see for yourself...

2 Likes

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by stchinedu: 9:33am On Jun 01, 2019
Nbote:
I lyk how most Africans still come back to their roots afta getting fame despite d continent doing absolutely nothing in helping dem get there.. WWE wrestlers big sha, imagine d same Kofi Kingston wey dey look tiny in d ring becos of d giants in d ring looking like a big guy

True.

Imagine that belt that looks small when the wrestlers hold it... The president is struggling to carry it with his two hands cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by masterfactor(m): 9:33am On Jun 01, 2019
RockyEyo:

OK so wrestling might be fake, but it's executed by really skilled individuals that play to a set of rules,now again I know there may be some match fixing here n there but I think same is to be said for every other sports. ..... hence wrestling is a 50% real sport, I stand to anyways....
That is why they always drop ads saying "Wwe athletes are professionally trained and such move should not be tried at home or anywhere".

1 Like

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 01, 2019
Only sport you are allowed to take drugs...To all of you shouting fake,it’s still better than nollywood!!!They make it look real,no be like naija wey ghost Dey wear wrist watch.....The more ticket you sell,that’s how you move up the ladder of wining that belt

1 Like

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by Mpanyi: 9:35am On Jun 01, 2019
Those saying wrestling is fake why not give it a trial since it's fake i.e. the hitting, the injuries and all

1 Like

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by Justpd: 9:36am On Jun 01, 2019
comshots:

Does it take anything away from him If wrestling is real or unscripted, they won't have much fans

2 Likes

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by Judgesledge(m): 9:37am On Jun 01, 2019
mytime24:
you are absolutely right, the Kofi name is actually part of the script, nothing wrong in honoring the country you borrowed a name from

2 Likes

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by MJBOLT: 9:38am On Jun 01, 2019
he's from ghana undecided
Notatribalist:
Koffi is actually a Jamaican.

1 Like

Re: Kofi Kingston Presents To President Akufo-addo WWE World Title by asatony: 9:39am On Jun 01, 2019
mytime24:
Thought as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! / Keshi Sacked By NFF / Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.