Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home (36120 Views)

Mass Sack, Investment Cuts Loom As Price Rout Shatters Oil Industry / PRESTIGE 7 SOLUTIONS-(P7S) Why not rather send us! / Amazon To Spend More Than $700M On Training For About A Third Of Its US Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by anonymous1759(m): 8:45am On Jun 01, 2019
Belial06:

For how many years have you been banned from reapplying for American visa? grin

Salty arse , bitter soul grin

Cry me a river

I've not even tried before you. Even if I want to I'll be given I'm not going to through back yard. Once I've and reason to travel to any Country I'll go for it with invitation. I'm not killing myself just to travel... Foreigner come to Nigeria to not because they like US, it's just business. Grow up and stop acting like a kid. Even if I'm in America doesn't mean I'll support every of their actions. That's called Asslicking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nukilia: 8:46am On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

Australia can't mine it like China, they can't mine it in large quantities like China, they can't mine and sell cheaper like China, they don't have large reserve like china. Do you expect companies to wait until 10years for Australia to be ready? so forget that media nonsense and it's the same nonsense they fed you that the Chinese economy is collapsing. If they relocate their factories to other countries, they should then kiss the Chinese market goodbye. Pretty simple

You are smart!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Belial06: 8:47am On Jun 01, 2019
anonymous1759:

I've not even tried before you. Even if I want to I'll be given I'm not going to through back yard. Once I've and reason to travel to any Country I'll go for it with invitation. I'm not killing myself just to travel... Foreigner come to Nigeria to not because they like US, it's just business. Grow up and stop acting like a kid. Even if I'm America it doesn't mean I'll support every of their actions. That's called Asslicking.

You will. Never be given visa to America not ever , constant rejection back to back to back

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by hamid6249: 8:47am On Jun 01, 2019
Haha.... We get fight before?.... Your husband go try sha, snipper is now 500 in case you wan do d do grin
MissRaine69:

Wallow in your ignorant pit ....in fact build a roof over it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by martineverest(m): 8:49am On Jun 01, 2019
gnykelly:

it is not only about getting the material... China is the only country with the technology on refining it...

in 2012 when China limit her rare elements export Obama had to force WTO to chaste China...

two years ago about 200 start up raised some money from VC 195 of them bankrupt before production. the remaining 5 went into oblivion.
Ur first comment is totally wrong.... Australia, Brazil, Russia and India also refine it. the only advantage China have is that they are the biggest refiner and got the largest reserve
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:51am On Jun 01, 2019
jaxxy:
China are more vindictive than the us. We know this for a fact. Instead of following a constructive path to the resolution they are attacking poor Americans staffs and destroying IPhones. Lol

Samsung has already been way bigger than huawei and still is and they only had Patent issues with iPhone and it’s resolved peacefully not the us government cos they are not shady or spy channels like huawei. The us isn’t bothered about competition bt security. That’s the concern with huawei here.

my advise to you, don't believe all your hear on CNN, fox news and other American TV stations. Dig deeper and you'll uncover the truth. America is simply fighting Huawei because the company is competing fiercely with them. Their phone sales last year is third after Apple and Samsung, and with 5G, they're sure to overtake both Apple and Samsung. that's the major reason the US is trying to bring them down. Already, Huawei holds most of the patents to 5G technology while Apple still won't produce 5G for at least the next 5 years. Huawei has more patents than any US company and you'll have to pay them royalties to use these patents. The US is hiding behind claims of spyware of Huawei mobiles as an excuse to pull down the company and if your check, that's always what they've done; if some poor country without a nuclear deterrent gets too strong or tried to make a policy that won't favour the US, the US will come up with some claim and invade the country to make them unstable and easily pliable. Check Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Syria and Iran. They were only stopped in Syria and Iran because of the involvement of Russia.

I took time to explain this to you because the US isn't and has never been what we think they are. You're their friend as long as they're gaining from you and in Huawei's case, they're getting too powerful. if the Chinese government decides to take this up, they can easily cripple the global manufacturing industry. China produces 90% of the world's supply of rare earth metals that are used in manufacturing and in making circuitry.
in the end, the US are only shooting themselves in the foot, Huawei will bounce back. They've been developing their own OS based on Android. Parts of it are already in their newer phone models, especially the Mate series. This event will also force other phone manufacturers to look outside the US for suppliers of parts for their phones

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by martineverest(m): 8:51am On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

Australia can't mine it like China, they can't mine it in large quantities like China, they can't mine and sell cheaper like China, they don't have large reserve like china. Do you expect companies to wait until 10years for Australia to be ready? so forget that media nonsense and it's the same nonsense they fed you that the Chinese economy is collapsing. If they relocate their factories to other countries, they should then kiss the Chinese market goodbye. Pretty simple
Australia,Brazil,india,greenland and United States combined have more reserve than china...get Ur fact right..Brazil alone got half of Chinese reserve

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by ollah2: 8:51am On Jun 01, 2019
martineverest:
ZTE is also a 5G provider it was also banned in January.... the only advantage Huawei got over Nokia and Erikson is the cost.thats because Chinese government owns Huawei and they make things cheaper so they can spy

Samsung is also a 5G provider but none beats Huawei. It's cheaper with Huawei not because of chinese government like you have been misinformed and ashamed you believe those lies but because you don't need to replace existing 4G equipments with Huawei 5G but you must replace if you were to use others which makes it more expensive, time consuming, space taking etc.

Read vast bro and not just about Google and Microsoft

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by martineverest(m): 8:52am On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

Samsung is also a 5G provider but none beats Huawei. It's cheaper with Huawei not because of chinese government like you have been misinformed and ashamed you believe those lies but because you don't need to replace existing 4G equipments with Huawei 5G but you must replace if you were to use others which makes it more expensive, time consuming, space taking etc.
Samsung and Qualcomm only provide 5G chips...not infrastructure
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by ollah2: 8:53am On Jun 01, 2019
martineverest:
Australia,Brazil,india,greenland and United States combined have more reserve than china...get Ur fact right..Brazil alone got half of Chinese reserve

Oh really?? You have deeply been misinformed bro
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 01, 2019
gnykelly:

and America isn't spying on you.
They are spying on the entire earth. Just that most countries don't know how to catch and fend off spying. But it would be outright idiotic to know who's spying on you and don't try to stop it for one odd reason or the other.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by martineverest(m): 8:55am On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

I'm totally disappointed that u think Chinese government doesn't own majority of their companies.chinese government fund them....have u forgotten china is a communist country,where government control most companies?...why do u think Chinese phones are cheaper?
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by martineverest(m): 8:56am On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

Google is your friend
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:56am On Jun 01, 2019
MissRaine69:

It’s not about licking anyone’s ass Huawei argues it is independent of the state yet the Chinese government is heavily invested in Huawei . It’s a technology giant and if a state especially China is involved that makes any country Huawei is operating in a target for state sponsored spying. China is notorious for that. Huawei has issues in Canada and Europe read newspapers it helps.
Every government spies. The US is simply using this as an excuse to curb Huawei's influence. Every country would support a company that provides thousands of jobs. Nigeria gives Dangote tax breaks and free imports to help the business stay afloat.
Kindly scroll up a little and read my earlier reply to someone else. it'll help you understand the behind-the-scenes games.
Shalom
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

"They have evidence but they won't show you" only a toddler will write this
Only a caveman, who knows nothing about info tech hauls insult at people.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by mofedamijo(m): 9:00am On Jun 01, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

Thanks for this comment. The trade war is affecting both sides, but affecting US citizens more because they depend a lot on Chinese goods. I watched how the farmers (strong supporters of Trump)were lamenting on Aljazeera.
the world depends a lot on Chinese goods bro, go to any store in America and check where most products on their shelf re made....... made in china

4 Likes

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by ollah2: 9:01am On Jun 01, 2019
martineverest:
I'm totally disappointed that u think Chinese government doesn't own majority of their companies.chinese government fund them....have u forgotten china is a communist country,where government control most companies?...why do u think Chinese phones are cheaper?

Not only Chinese phones that are cheap but most of their products and following your logic, the government own every chinese company. You need to unlearn and relearn plenty things

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by ollah2: 9:02am On Jun 01, 2019
Netanyahu1:
Only a caveman, who knows nothing about info tech hauls insult at people.

Only a daft will boldly write "they have loads of evidences but they just don't want to show it" . Very dumb comment

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:03am On Jun 01, 2019
martineverest:
Ur first comment is totally wrong.... Australia, Brazil, Russia and India also refine it. the only advantage China have is that they are the biggest refiner and got the largest reserve
China produces 90% of the earth's rare earth metals. If they decide to stop selling, they can cripple worldwide manufacturing.
You're right when you said a few other countries mine the metals, but the issue here is that the Chinese own the technology for refining it. It'll take other countries up to 8 years to develop tech that'll allow them mine in large quantities and even at that, they'll never be able to satisfy worldwide demands. Also, most of those other mining countries are owned by Chinese who mine and ship the metals to their plants in China for processing

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:06am On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

He's deeply misinformed. Such people depend on CNN, Fox news and other American media for information, forgetting that the media is the most powerful propaganda machine of the US

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by martineverest(m): 9:07am On Jun 01, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

China produces 90% of the earth's rare earth metals. If they decide to stop selling, they can cripple worldwide manufacturing.
You're right when you said a few other countries mine the metals, but the issue here is that the Chinese own the technology for refining it. It'll take other countries up to 8 years to develop tech that'll allow them mine in large quantities and even at that, they'll never be able to satisfy worldwide demands. Also, most of those other mining countries are owned by Chinese who mine and ship the metals to their plants in China for processing
I laff at u...u think Americans can't set up a factory for the elements within a year?

china got most of the factories of rare elements production cos of cheap labourers and they have the largest reserve...if china use 5hay as advantage,it will be a business venture for Brazil,the second largest reserve and other countries like Russia, Australia and india
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 01, 2019
martineverest:
Bro a lot of this guys commenting here don't even know the difference between communist and capitalists system of government. As far as they are concerned this is American aggression.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by mofedamijo(m): 9:08am On Jun 01, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

my advise to you, don't believe all your hear on CNN, fox news and other American TV stations. Dig deeper and you'll uncover the truth. America is simply fighting Huawei because the company is competing fiercely with them. Their phone sales last year is third after Apple and Samsung, and with 5G, they're sure to overtake both Apple and Samsung. that's the major reason the US is trying to bring them down. Already, Huawei holds most of the patents to 5G technology while Apple still won't produce 5G for at least the next 5 years. Huawei has more patents than any US company and you'll have to pay them royalties to use these patents. The US is hiding behind claims of spyware of Huawei mobiles as an excuse to pull down the company and if your check, that's always what they've done; if some poor country without a nuclear deterrent gets too strong or tried to make a policy that won't favour the US, the US will come up with some claim and invade the country to make them unstable and easily pliable. Check Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Syria and Iran. They were only stopped in Syria and Iran because of the involvement of Russia.

I took time to explain this to you because the US isn't and has never been what we think they are. You're their friend as long as they're gaining from you and in Huawei's case, they're getting too powerful. if the Chinese government decides to take this up, they can easily cripple the global manufacturing industry. China produces 90% of the world's supply of rare earth metals that are used in manufacturing and in making circuitry.
in the end, the US are only shooting themselves in the foot, Huawei will bounce back. They've been developing their own OS based on Android. Parts of it are already in their newer phone models, especially the Mate series. This event will also force other phone manufacturers to look outside the US for suppliers of parts for their phones

I beg you Sir, stop wasting your knowledge on kids on nairaland, 97% of them don't do research, 99% of them can't comprehend, i will refer them to listen to the likes of minister Farrakhan, even though i don't support some of his claims, the problem is that if one refers them to minister Farrakhan, they won't still be able to comprehend the wisdom n knowledge.....you spoke well my brother, libya learnt the hard way, syria, chile etc all learnt the hard way, since the day U.S spewed poo on the killing of kashoggi, and failed to sanction Saudi, because of their own selfish interest, i completely gave up on America....

5 Likes

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by heilige(m): 9:08am On Jun 01, 2019
I don buy my Pop Corn. Huawei phones are just supeeeeer

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:10am On Jun 01, 2019
Netanyahu1:
They have loads of evidence, they just won't show you. Chinese spying is been going on for years , there has just been no U.S. President with enough balls to stand up to China until now. Do you know that Google don't operate in China for years now ? They said its for security reasons. China steals trade secrets, it's no news.
If you know what Google knows about YOU, you'll be shocked.

6 Likes

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 01, 2019
ebenezerdaniel:
none of my business
its actually our business or at least the business of the Nigerian government but go on
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by bigdot1759(m): 9:13am On Jun 01, 2019
MissRaine69:

It’s not just the US that has issues with Huawei, Canada and most European countries. Understand the reason why Huawei is having these issues and it has nothing to do with wanting to “ feel they are the boss” .
just sharap useless tech novice
Don't u know US use apple, Facebook, to spy?
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 01, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

If you know what Google knows about YOU, you'll be shocked.
It's scary.The other day I finished talking to someone on another phone and almost immediately their name popped up on my Facebook as people I may know.
Mind you...
It was not the same phone and they are not in my contact.
Sometimes I want to deactivate and disconnect from all these social media.
It's scary!

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

Only a daft will boldly write "they have loads of evidences but they just don't want to show it" . Very dumb comment
Only a compound idiot will expect United States to unload evidence that a communist owned business is spying on them.In fact your ignorance is foundational, to the extent that the words communism and capitalism are strange to idiots like you .

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by jaxxy(m): 9:14am On Jun 01, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

I agree us are not saint bt ur defending China like they are sm bunch of good guys. Haven’t u heard of the South China Sea dispute? Tiwan dispute? In world order them must be checks and balances. That’s how it works smoothly. An undemocratic country attaining too much power is dangerous for the world at large. If China gains to much upper hand do u know can happen even to we the vulnerable ones in Africa?

Let the us be, they are not perfect bt they are better than Russia or Iran or China ruling the world that’s for sure.

People hate us for their mistakes bt that’s the exposure u get for being the major world leader. Us works with the un so that’s a check for them In a way even though they have good international policies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:16am On Jun 01, 2019
martineverest:
I laff at u...u think Americans can't set up a factory for the elements within a year?

china got most of the factories of rare elements production cos of cheap labourers and they have the largest reserve...if china use 5hay as advantage,it will be a business venture for Brazil,the second largest reserve and other countries like Russia, Australia and india
It's not about setting up a factory. It's to develop the technology for refining it. It'll take a minimum of 7 years for the US to develop a similar tech as they, and the rest of the world, has been depending on Chinese supplies without bothering to develop their own refining systems. In the 7 years that it'll take them, there'll be no manufacturing and without manufacturing, how're you going to develop those systems? We'll effectively go back to the bronze age. Also, mining rare earth metals is messy to the environment, most countries won't undertake that venture. It's never about cheap labour, though I admit the Chinese have cheap labour but they also have one of the highest populations of researchers

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by ollah2: 9:20am On Jun 01, 2019
Netanyahu1:
Only a compound idiot will expect United States to unload evidence that a communist owned business is spying on them.In fact your ignorance is foundational, to the extent that the words communism and capitalism are strange to idiots like you .

Back and forth with braindead like you is brain draining and i will allow you to continue wallowing in ignorance and gullibity. You earned it so you fully deserve it, wear it like a crown as a proud useless idiot that you are.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

6 Ways Men Can Escape Poverty / Emeka Offor At Ifeanyi Ubah FC And Enyimba Of Aba Match (Photos) / Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.