Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home (36121 Views)

Mass Sack, Investment Cuts Loom As Price Rout Shatters Oil Industry / PRESTIGE 7 SOLUTIONS-(P7S) Why not rather send us! / Amazon To Spend More Than $700M On Training For About A Third Of Its US Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by ollah2: 7:36am On Jun 01, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

Thanks for this comment. The trade war is affecting both sides, but affecting US citizens more because they depend a lot on Chinese goods. I watched how the farmers (strong supporters of Trump)they were lamenting on Aljazeera.

The big one is still coming oo. The rare earths but China don't rush to make decisions. They make calculated moves and like I said before the Chinese are strong and resilient people but same can't be said about Americans

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by unmask: 7:37am On Jun 01, 2019
US is capitalist....the corporations rule. 5G technology is 2years away from American companies with a potential $500bn largese.

Why should all that money go to the Chinese?

So what can be done? Accuse Huawei of spying without evidence, then bully your allies as well to drop them.

Several allies including Germany and UK have scrutinized Huawei and found nothing wrong.

How does this play out? An American company finally gets a break on 5G US sells it to the world as the safest and fastest. They gain a foothold in the 5G space....then they declare Huawei is clean.

QED

I even saw a story were NASA said 5G isn't safe..

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

You mentioned only Huawei during the hack process but you are saying they only helped during the hack. Who then did the hack? But out of the blue Huawei is mentioned. You are a first class idiot and your guardian, parents and schools must be very disappointed. Look in the mirror man, you concluded your comment talking about and to yourself
whatever gives you joy

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:39am On Jun 01, 2019
I laughed at people calling China the devil, but hailing USA.

USA is the king of spy, there are many evidences out there that shows US spies on many nations. I am never a fan of USA nor China, because both of them are fighting for their pockets. Some years back there was a time German security ransacked US embassy when Edward Snowden revealed how US govt were spying on Angela Merkel.

For those people calling people that are against USA foreign policies, American visa rejectee. You all need to stop that mentality, not everyone admires USA. Moreover, USA isn't the gateway to heaven.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 01, 2019
lafiagi007:

oga have you seen vivo phones?? do you know that all vivo phones are not Android?? (they use fun touch OS, with a unique play store) and the phone is thriving here in naija, and I believe the HengMeng/Ark OS(huawei owned) will even be better.
I really don't understand ur own meaning of 'thriving' vivo phones aren't available in slots and I only see people using it once in bluemoon, in fact I haven't seen anybody using it this year and I doubt if u know at least 10 people using it. So... What's ur point??
Chikos are cloners since the days of Elijah, the Heng meng will be a look alike Android ios as usual, check weibo and baidu that replaced twitter and Google
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by hermesprogidy(m): 7:39am On Jun 01, 2019
olioxx:

USA is the biggest bad threat actors.
USA is the largest buyer of Zero days.
USA tech product also have security vulnerability etc Intel, Apple, Facebook.
USA once attacked Iran centrifuges.
USA's NSA found the Eternalblue vulnerability and didn't even inform Microsoft, but instead used it to attack lots of unpatched comps.
If China and Iran are attacking USA, then they are justified.
USA unilaterally worked out of a nuclear deal, which is VERY WRONG.
USA steals a lot of IP than china even. So China is coming back for them.
I am a Cybersecurity guy, so I know the drill.
I am only stating the facts.
That STUXNET virus really set back Iran's nuclear program.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by yesloaded: 7:40am On Jun 01, 2019
LarryBee1k:
My own 2cents is I don't care who win in this tech war. I just want my Nigeria to be safe. I'll rather take help from an American than a Chinese. Chinese culture revolves around outsmarting others at their own disadvantage. Wait and see how China-African relationship turn to bitter.
Those who deals with Chinese will understand this part

4 Likes

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Ultimatezlant: 7:41am On Jun 01, 2019
MissRaine69:

It’s not just the US that has issues with Huawei, Canada and most European countries. Understand the reason why Huawei is having these issues and it has nothing to do with wanting to “ feel they are the boss” .
Also explain why trump is warming up to place tariffs on mexico imports by June 10.

Is it also security too or the tarrifs trump has been dishing to Canada and want to in eu

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by ollah2: 7:42am On Jun 01, 2019
Tourshaw:

You didn't need to start your opinion like this. Like you understand, everyone is entitled to what he chooses to understand.

Well, you are going too far here bro. Mind you, Huawei is not owned by Chinese government. Huawei is the company that is having issues with the US and not the Chinese government. And do I need to tell you that there other Chinese in the US working and making a living there?

If the Chinese government publicly interfere and start sanctioning just because of one company, don't you think it will severe the relationship between the two countries and it can be the start of WWlll

So, that's why I am enjoying how the company is seemed to be single-handedly taking on the US head on.
Contrary opinion would be appreciated tho.

US government banned Huawei based on national security and asked her allies to follow suit. China can also choose to ban Apple or Tesla or stop exporting rare earth materials to USA sighting same national security. No?
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by hermesprogidy(m): 7:43am On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

The big one is still coming oo. The rare earths but China don't rush to make decisions. They make calculated moves and like I said before the Chinese are strong and resilient people but same can't be said about Americans
Cutting off rare earth supplies to America would be like dropping an economic nuclear bomb on American tech companies.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:43am On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

Wow! Kindly, share the links where I can read about this rare earth. Some days back, I watched how President Xi was examining some minerals exhibited in one factory in China.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 01, 2019
LarryBee1k:
My own 2cents is I don't care who win in this tech war. I just want my Nigeria to be safe. I'll rather take help from an American than a Chinese. Chinese culture revolves around outsmarting others at their own disadvantage. Wait and see how China-African relationship turn to bitter.

Africa has found a new friend. The cunning Chinese grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Tourshaw: 7:44am On Jun 01, 2019
VillagePipu:

The issue is not the challenge, the issue is how strong is the challenge?

If those sent home by Huawei move to a rival brand, Huawei is in bigger trouble.

That is the point bro. BTW, where else would you want them to go? Or you expect them to just sit down idle after being sacked? They have no loyalty obligations to Huawei. They should definitely look for a better appointments.

Nevertheless, Huawei has sent its intended message to the POTUS that they are not some dumb tiny company that will bow for him or his decision. This is what the world needs to reduce the power of the superpowers. Let the world know that you refused to be intimidated by them. So, it's not actual about how strong the challenge is. And the good thing is the European countries will gladly be rooting for Huawei. And if possible, they will accept the company with open arms

I salute the courage of the company and I solemnly hope many will borrow from theirs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by olioxx(m): 7:45am On Jun 01, 2019
ernieboy:
and american companies don't steal data from others, Google is known to be one of the highest collectors of data, how about when snowden, a former NSA staff exposed the usa of spying on other world leaders by tapping their phones did other countries bam us companies like apple?
Leave them let them continue supporting USA,
if I found a high payload zero day today, I bet you USA will be willing to buy.
USA developed lots of stealth malwares capable of shooting critical infrastruture, other countries have their own, but USA are the bad guy.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by udemzyudex(m): 7:45am On Jun 01, 2019
Tourshaw:

You didn't need to start your opinion like this. Like you understand, everyone is entitled to what he chooses to understand.

And if Huawei could do what? Even small naija can decide to send all US expertise home too,I was expecting a big response and not this nonsense.

Funny, the Chinese government should also sanction US companies or any other agencies working with the US over there , that's when I'll take this serious.

Well, you are going too far here bro. Mind you, Huawei is not owned by Chinese government. Huawei is the company that is having issues with the US and not the Chinese government. And do I need to tell you that there other Chinese in the US working and making a living there?

If the Chinese government publicly interfere and start sanctioning just because of one company, don't you think it will severe the relationship between the two countries and it can be the start of WWlll

So, that's why I am enjoying how the company is seemed to be single-handedly taking on the US head on.
Contrary opinion would be appreciated tho.

Huawei is heavily funded by the Chinese government,when the Canadian authorities arrested their CFO,what did the Chinese government say?

Go and read about it.

Imagine what you're saying,you're enjoying how the company is single-handedly taking on the US government? in what way if I may ask? grin

By sending their US workers home? You're funny mister very funny.
Why do you think US government is going after Huawei,are they the only Chinese biggest company?

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by bigpicture001: 7:46am On Jun 01, 2019
gnykelly:

oh I see you are well fed with western media... I don't need to argue with you

Say other things you know..again. Is aljazeera a western media..?

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by ImageDoctor: 7:47am On Jun 01, 2019
olaBC007:

And who will their own ios system and play store epp??
It will thrive in China alone

My dear you don't know how technology works, there will be a switch. When you check the population of Asian and African, you will then know that HAUWEI already had a market.

Now, for infinix, Aitel, Techno, Xaiomi, Gione, Bontel to sell well, they have to technologically switch to HAUWEI iOS which will divide the Google market.

Remember the Chinese products are cheap.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:48am On Jun 01, 2019
hermesprogidy:

Trump is slowly destroying the U.S just wait until China cuts out supply of rare earth metals to US, that is when the real pain will begin. Trump is clearly a mistake that will bankrupt America like he did his businesses.
Exactly, his foreign policies will make him unpopular. Yesterday he just increased the tarrifs on Mexican goods. This will affect some US companies like GM.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by olioxx(m): 7:49am On Jun 01, 2019
hermesprogidy:

Cutting off rare earth supplies to America would be like dropping an economic nuclear bomb on American tech companies.
Very true.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by martineverest(m): 7:50am On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

Unfortunately they don't have the same rules and IP infringements is present in both countries. Didn't Obama veto a law court stopping Apple from paying Samsung billions of USD?
that's not true @your last sentence.

do u even know that this Huawei ban isnt only because of america...and America isn't even among the top beneficiaries?

America is mostly fighting for Japanese,Korean and Taiwanese companies that have been oppressed by Chinese government

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Tourshaw: 7:50am On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

US government banned Huawei based on national security and asked her allies to follow suit. China can also choose to ban Apple or Tesla or stop exporting rare earth materials to USA sighting same national security. No?

You are right. But don't you think you should rather go for conservative damage? If the Chinese government do the same, do you try to weigh the pros and cons of it?
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by hermesprogidy(m): 7:51am On Jun 01, 2019
udemzyudex:

Huawei is heavily funded by the Chinese government,when the Canadian authorities arrested their CFO,what did the Chinese government say?

Go and read about it.

Imagine what you're saying,you're enjoying how the company is single-handedly taking on the US government? in what way if I may ask? grin

By sending their US workers home? You're funny mister very funny.
Why do you think US government is going after Huawei,are they the only Chinese biggest company?

America does the same. When Wall Street collapsed during the economic depression of 2008, American government bailed out banks to the tune of $83 billion , GM was bailed out by the trump administration to the tune of $600 million just recently. Every government wants its big companies to thrive, it does not mean they own them. Huawei is a leader in 5g technology and Trump wants to frustrate that. This is the koko of the matter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Oblongata: 7:52am On Jun 01, 2019
jaxxy:

This is not just politics bt more sensitive. Seems u don’t know there smtn called spy technology and China has been spying on the us for long. Huawei is a main Chinese company and the way China operates it can easily use the company as spies.

Now China doesn’t allow Fb
China doesn’t allow Twitter
China doesn’t allow amazon

The us didn’t complain even though no evidence.

So Why shud the us trust huawei? A probable spy agency. They need to be careful.
is it not the same usa that spied Angela Merkel's phone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:52am On Jun 01, 2019
hermesprogidy:

Those braindead farmers deserve every nonesense they get. Most are sexist and racist. They haven't seen anything yet, by the time trump is done with them, they will be living off welfare.
They are already living on loans. I just dey pity them.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by chiboy1116: 7:52am On Jun 01, 2019
jaxxy:
China are more vindictive than the us. We know this for a fact. Instead of following a constructive path to the resolution they are attacking poor Americans staffs and destroying IPhones. Lol

Samsung has already been way bigger than huawei and still is and they only had Patent issues with iPhone and it’s resolved peacefully not the us government cos they are not shady or spy channels like huawei. The us isn’t bothered about competition bt security. That’s the concern with huawei here.
dude they are bothered , 5g would bring a revenue of 500billion dollars to the Chinese govt and 3million jobs , and that's just the start of it , the USA are so paranoid that at&t had to bring a fake 5g network lolx .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by olioxx(m): 7:53am On Jun 01, 2019
ImageDoctor:

My dear you don't know how technology works, there will be a switch. When you check the population of Asian and African, you will then know that HAUWEI already had a market.

Now, for infinix, Aitel, Techno, Xaiomi, Gione, Bontel to sell well, they have to technologically switch to HAUWEI iOS which will divide the Google market.

Remember the Chinese products are cheap.
With Africa population at 1.22billion people. And Asia at over 4billion, the Chinese Huawei will thrive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by gnykelly(m): 7:55am On Jun 01, 2019
Belial06:

Liar hahahahahaaha
grin

You will never even be given visa of at all you can afford visa.fees or even know how to apply

grin

you lack dignity... someone called your father land an asshole. you are happy.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by ImageDoctor: 7:57am On Jun 01, 2019
olioxx:

With Africa population at 1.22billion people. And Asia at over 4billion, the Chinese Huawei will thrive.

That's exactly what we are saying, and many fail to observe and understand that. A lot of American company don't support president trump's decision on HAUWEI. The fact is that Trump doesnt know much about 5G network.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Belial06: 7:57am On Jun 01, 2019
gnykelly:

you lack dignity... someone called your father land an asshole. you are happy.

You lack intelligence, your president doesn't respect your fatherland and asked you to go and farm while his children are chilling tyneside in the United kingdom a d yet you are praising him

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by gnykelly(m): 7:58am On Jun 01, 2019
Belial06:

Liar hahahahahaaha
grin

You will never even be given visa of at all you can afford visa.fees or even know how to apply

grin

do you think Dangote will be dying for visa... when last did you see him in USA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by ollah2: 7:59am On Jun 01, 2019
martineverest:
that's not true @your last sentence.

do u even know that this Huawei ban isnt only because of america...and America isn't even among the top beneficiaries?

America is mostly fighting for Japanese,Korean and Taiwanese companies that have been oppressed by Chinese government

You are more tech savvy than this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5mac.com/2013/08/05/1b-wiped-off-samsungs-value-following-presidential-veto-samsung-continues-appeals/amp/

Why did Trump single out Huawei out of millions of Chinese firms? It's not about the Japanese or Koreans or Taiwanese but about 5G. He who controls 5G has about 500 billion USD to make and also control the world. USA don't want that from China

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Emeka Offor At Ifeanyi Ubah FC And Enyimba Of Aba Match (Photos) / Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 / Femi Otedola's $350 Million Investment In Geregu Power, Commitment To FG’s Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.