Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,527 members, 7,770,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:42 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1339345 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by edave: 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2019
Omo...I no get GT mobile app to pay
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2019
edave:
Omo...I no get GT mobile app to pay

If you have a GT account then you're good to go.

Go to play store
Download the GT World Mobile App
Sign in to GT World
Enter necessary details and OTP
Go to your email and get the Username and Password sent to you
Get back to the App and login
Click on payment
Click on Visa fee
Follow the prompts

Your receipt will be generated after Payment.
Use the number on the receipt to book.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by boogie2: 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2019
dreambound:

Contact @walspring..he helps ppl on this thread to do theirs. Or tell a friend in the US to help you, if you have one.

Please tell me what it is. I can get it done once I know what it is.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by edave: 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2019
I don't av a GT account. ..help a brother
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:11pm On Jun 10, 2019
boogie2:

Thanks
This is the link..enter your details and print your payment coupon..you'll also be able to learn what the SEVIS fee is thru this site..It's almost impossible to pay it from Nigeria though..
https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.html

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2019
There are available dates in July for Abuja embassy, as at this afternoon, Lagos had July29 but Abuja had July 1, so if you're still having issues with getting early appointment, why not try Abuja and hurry!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MyAmericandream(f): 10:04pm On Jun 10, 2019
Mohene:
It didn't pop up for me too....i felt it wasnt needed for females.
thank you. I just wanted to be sure I'm not the only one on this.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tactmayor: 10:07pm On Jun 10, 2019
Brown2Green:

You can take any SOA to the embassy as long as it is within the 6 months validity.

So I can take SOA that is from November till April to an interview for June?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 10:20pm On Jun 10, 2019
tactmayor:

Why not?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 10:20pm On Jun 10, 2019
MyAmericandream:
thank you. I just wanted to be sure I'm not the only one on this.

You're safe

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 10:58pm On Jun 10, 2019
Brown2Green:

No
Save yourself the stress and use your GT mobile app.
Because before you get to the bank and line in queue, dates will be filling up real fast.

I did this but I didn't get the receipt, which I learnt must be taken along to interview. Although some digits were attached to the transaction details which I used as the receipt number while booking appointment.

Do I still have to find a way to get a printed GTB visa receipt? I mean is it a must I go to interview with the visa receipt?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2019
Tohajan:

I did this but I didn't get the receipt, which I learnt must be taken along to interview. Although some digits were attached to the transaction details which I used as the receipt number while booking appointment.

Do I still have to find a way to get a printed GTB visa receipt? I mean is it a must I go to interview with the visa receipt?
Your appointment confirmation page shows your receipt no. and payment info rai? That should do.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 10, 2019
Nob1:
Good evening everyone. I am a graduate of human physiology from Unilorin. A friend told me about threads like this on nairaland. I want to apply for Ph.d in Physiology/neuroscience/molecular biology in American schools. I graduated with Second Class Upper (3.8/5). Do I stand a chance for scholarship? Can I get into top 50 universities for these disciplines? @Time2Win @Time2Smile @Brown2Green @Bracelum

Thanks.

You can!

Take your GRE + TOEFL and get stellar grades, network with professors in your desired schools and boost your profile with research experience. With these three things done, you can get into a top 50 PhD program.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kendrix69(m): 11:32pm On Jun 10, 2019
bracelum:

I offer a high-quality and exclusive service with a specific target market. My target market is not all students. I have seen your profile and you're not a target customer for me.

Abi, you don ever see where them advertise Buggati, Lambhorgini or Ferrari for radio and TV?

Never mind.
Okay then
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:34pm On Jun 10, 2019
Guys what do I need to pay first to book an appointment........sevis or visa fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:39pm On Jun 10, 2019
Davidkking:
Guys what do I need to pay first to book an appointment........sevis or visa fee?

i would say Sevis because you shouldnt really go for Visa interview without paying your Sevis.. But if you have a plan in place on date and time and how the Sevis will be paid and you give allowance when booking your interview then you can book /pay for visa first .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 11:40pm On Jun 10, 2019
Davidkking:
Visa fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by edave: 11:59pm On Jun 10, 2019
Dem neva give me receipt after paying through mobile app
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 12:10am On Jun 11, 2019
edave:
There would be a receipt no. that would show in the transaction details..use it to book ur appointment.

And then your appointment confirmation would also show the receipt no. and payment info.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SOJ2019: 12:12am On Jun 11, 2019
Davidkking:

Visa fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by edave: 12:13am On Jun 11, 2019
My bro helped me pay..plz hw can he check it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:18am On Jun 11, 2019
sharwama:
Dreambound, I wanted to quote your approved visa transcript but I changed my mind grin. I love the fact that you had a beautiful conversation with the VO, I could practically imagine the scenario and it just made me love you more. I pray your success story inspires other aspiring undergraduates on this platform. I pray they would draw strength and courage from you, knowing that not only M.Sc or PhD students get approval. Congratulations my friend.
I want to also congratulate you omohakin on your approval. I am super excited about your success and the entire universe is waiting for the manifestation of your gifts.
Going forward, to everyone who's yet to have a conversation with the VO, yes I keep mentioning conversation because calling it an "interview" brings a lot of pressure and anxiety. So please remember this: dark pink papers will fly in the air but it's none of your business. Your business is with the white paper. Your business is to prove you are worthy and deserving of an approval. It's okay to be nervous but don't throw #59200 away without a good fight. It's okay to have a transcript but don't do la cram, la pour, la forget. Don't go with a fake bank statement, don't say more than necessary, be confident and outspoken, do not bore the VO. You can drop your file on the table so you can use your hands to gesticulate and be more expressive, I think that helps a lot. As much as possible, try not to lie. Believe in yourself, you are not a failure. Some got their visas approved once and so what? This is your 2nd or 3rd attempt and so what? You are wiser and stronger now, you know better now, forgive yourself for your mistakes and turn the denials to your advantage, use them to gain momentum and relaunch massively on your next interview.
I have no idea why I'm writing all these, if it's for you or you, then please, take the information. You have no idea how hard I'd be rooting for you. We are in this together, we are family(even though we fight a lot grin), so go get that visa!
May the triune force be with you grin grin grin

while this is meant to motivate , it then put focus on when is your own interview and the outcome . I know you mean well , but world people might not be able to stop themselves from asking

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lordwest13: 12:36am On Jun 11, 2019
*this is my proposed Transcript*

Your feedback are highly appreciated.

VO: Good Morning, Pass me your I-20 and SEVIS receipt.
ME: Good Morning, handed over the requested docs.

VO: What are u going to the us to do?
ME: I am going to the us for studies,To obtain an associate degree in business administration and management.where I would be majoring in banking and finance

VO:
Why did u choose Us
ME: Us Is known for standard and quality of education.A degree from an america university is highly recognized here in nigeria and at my current place of work.

VO: where do you work
ME: I currently work as a client relationship officer with Bleep Microfinance finance bank.
VO:why did you choose the course
Me:The course would equip me with the necessary skills and knowledge to advance in my career,After After taking courses on credit reporting,lending standards,people management,time and finance management,and different accounting principles etc..All these courses will help me Improve on my skills and also give me an Indept knowledge of my roles and responsibilities as client relationship officer,The course wld also give me the confidence to take up senior level roles upon the completion of my studies.
Furthermore it will enable me achieve my goal of becoming a senior bank manager in one my company branches here In nigeria

VO:How many schools did you apply to?
ME:Just one (Los Angeles southwest college

VO:Why did u apply to just one school
ME:I actually wanted to apply to Oral robert university and los Angeles southwest college.but I stocked with los Angeles southwest college because of their extensive curriculum in business administration and management,I have gone through all the courses I will be taking as a business administration and mgt student at Lasc.They are the required course that would enable advance in my career as a banker.
The school also have qualified professors who are ready to render necessary assistance to student.I also chose the school of the weather condition In L.A.It dsnt get too cold at winter neither does it get extremely hot at summer compared to other places in Us.The weather is similar to what we have here in Nigeria.The school also have great facilities and appliances that would help me not to gain only the theoretical knowledge but the practical knowledge as well.

VO: Why did u want to go for an associate degree when u already have a bachelor degree
ME:My first degree was In Education,I had a bEd In Educational foundation which does not align with my current area of career,it’s not related to my field of work.For me to progress in my work I have to obtain a degree in business and financial sector which is also a prerequisite For all staffs to apply for senior level roles in my organization.

VO: who is financing your education
ME: My dad
VO:what business is he into?
ME: He is a senior manager at Bleep nig Ltd
and he is also into property business
VO: do u have his statement of acct
ME: yes pass him/her both company and personal soa
VO:Any standardize test
ME:No I did not take any because the Admission officer whom I contacted in the school said it’s not compulsory because they have an Internal Examination In English language for all new student In order to determine the level of english class they wld enroll for.
She also said since my primary language of Instruction is In English that It’s not compulsory

VO:Alright you can come for your visa In 3days
ME:Thank you and God bless.

Pls guys help me I am new here,My Interview is in 3wks.Any Addition or adjustment �����

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 12:59am On Jun 11, 2019
edave:

Switch to GTBank website then login with your username and password details and click on travels/airline option by the left hand side and click on US visa and view the history then you can download your receipt there.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 1:01am On Jun 11, 2019
tactmayor:

No you can’t take it because is more than 6 months from issues date.

It’s advisable you take current and updated bank statement to the interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 1:01am On Jun 11, 2019
Brown2Green:

Why not?

Not correct because it’s more than 6 months since the day of issued.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 1:05am On Jun 11, 2019
boogie2:

Thanks

Go to fmjfee.com and generate your payment coupon code.

This fee can’t be paid in Nigeria unless using a third parties in Nigeria to help you pay it.

Is either you go to Cotonou and make the payment yourself or someone in USA help you to pay it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by edave: 1:14am On Jun 11, 2019
Walspring:

Switch to GTBank website then login with your username and password details and click on travels/airline option by the left hand side and click on US visa and view the history then you can download your receipt there.
pls Is dere a way I get it from transaction details. ..hw many digit is it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by learner007(m): 2:13am On Jun 11, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 2:17am On Jun 11, 2019
Walspring:

Not correct because it’s more than 6 months since the day of issued.

Oh! I responded to that effect previously.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 2:25am On Jun 11, 2019
Tohajan:

Yes a must! Infact you'll be sent back without your receipt. That documents showing the digits is your receipt and you were supposed to print it.

A receipt was generated for you, you must have skipped printing it.
Call GT Bank customer care to support you to that regards.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 2:27am On Jun 11, 2019
if i fill in abuja as the loaction i'm applying from and i don't see good date, can it later be changed to lagos?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: Mjosh1000(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.