Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1358908 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 10:05am On Jun 11, 2019
Time2win:

One month difference is still okay, but anything outside that, it's not advisable. The essence is to have hassle free interview. Some V.O might accept those printed two to 3months earlier, some might not. The right thing to do is to go with the latest, that's one printed few days or few weeks to your interview.

Very Valid.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tellbiodun(f): 10:09am On Jun 11, 2019
Dear Nairalanders,

Please I need your help with regards to directions for my F1 visa application for a post graduate degree. Because, I am a novice in this area, I went through an agent and paid a large amount of money. But I have suffered untold delays in the hands of the agent coupled with a shoddy handling of the admission process. It is a tale for another day. Presently, I have admission for fall 2019 for University of Akron Ohio - MA Communication and Media Studies. Yet to get my i20 and I've been told to pay for visa fees to beat time. What chances do I have seeing that I couldn't get funding of any kind? My undergraduate CGPA is 3.88 and I got 92 in TOEFL. There's not much to my bank statement except I'm able to get a sponsor which I am trying to before time. I am female, married,in my early forties. I have two children who I want to travel with. I am prepared to start the process all over again to ensure I get it right. Please advice me. Thank you and God bless.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dhebie19(f): 10:12am On Jun 11, 2019
I’ve been trying to schedule an appointment since yesterday but I’ve not been able to login my profile. The pop up keeps saying “Login failed please check username and password.” I auto saved my login details so I’m sure that’s not the issue.

The last time i logged in to check available dates they wrote “approaching the number of times required to view this page” could that be the reason?

Anyone with similar issue? Please help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 10:21am On Jun 11, 2019
tellbiodun:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please I need your help with regards to directions for my F1 visa application for a post graduate degree. Because, I am a novice in this area, I went through an agent and paid a large amount of money. But I have suffered untold delays in the hands of the agent coupled with a shoddy handling of the admission process. It is a tale for another day. Presently, I have admission for fall 2019 for University of Akron Ohio - MA Communication and Media Studies. Yet to get my i20 and I've been told to pay for visa fees to beat time. What chances do I have seeing that I couldn't get funding of any kind? My undergraduate CGPA is 3.88 and I got 92 in TOEFL. There's not much to my bank statement except I'm able to get a sponsor which I am trying to before time. I am female, married,in my early forties. I have two children who I want to travel with. I am prepared to start the process all over again to ensure I get it right. Please advice me. Thank you and God bless.

Sorry about the manipulations of the agent.

But keep this in mind, you cannot go to the US with kids without having a very STRONG financial support.

Infact, even with Full Funding, the VO still wants to know what your husband does and how he will support the kids because full funding is meant for the student not the family.

I don't know what the agents have told you. . but I advice you to wait and get it right as you've said.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 10:25am On Jun 11, 2019
Dhebie19:
I’ve been trying to schedule an appointment since yesterday but I’ve not been able to login my profile. The pop up keeps saying “Login failed please check username and password.” I auto saved my login details so I’m sure that’s not the issue.

The last time i logged in to check available dates they wrote “approaching the number of times required to view this page” could that be the reason?

Please reset your password .

The limit of trying to reschedule is around 5 times after which you are restricted from rescheduling for ONLY 24 hours after which it resets and you can reschedule again.

Clear the inputs by the auto save and manually enter it.

Like I said you can reset your password too.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oasishavenng: 10:29am On Jun 11, 2019
Dhebie19:

I had this issue like two weeks ago, I tried the forgot password option and it didn't work. I sent a mail and I was told I logged into many times or so and I should wait for 24 to 72 hours to try again. I waited approximately 48 hours and I was able to login

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 10:36am On Jun 11, 2019
dreambound:
My approved visa transcript..
Vo: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning (wondering why she rushed to tell me first).
Vo: Pass me your passport and I20.
Me: Passed.
Vo: So what Engineering are you going for.
Me: Mechanical
VO: Okay, how did you hear about the school?
Me: ( *my gosh ...I heard bout the school from a friend but Brown2Green and others advised me not to say so..I forgot to prepare another response* )
It was recommended to me by a friend that studies there..but I learnt most of what I know about the University from my visit.
Vo: Nodding, looked like she wasn't listening after I said 'friend'.

Vo: Is this your second F1 Visa?

Me: No.

Vo: You've been to the US?

Me: Yes.

Vo: What's the longest time you've spent there?

Me: 15 days.

Vo: Do you have any family in the US?

Me: No.

Vo: (looks like she saw something in her screen) Your Robotics competition last year, where in the US did you do it?

Me: Albuquerque...and Houston.

Vo: So did you win? (She looked anxious..and from this question she started smiling at me)
Me: We came 6th

Vo: Out of??

Me: (Thinking for about 4 seconds)

Vo: (Smiling) around 60?

Me: I think we were over a hundred.

Vo: Wow..(smiling even more).

Vo: You visited this school?

Vo: did you apply to other schools?

Vo: Name them

Me: Howard University, Emory University, Trinity College, IIT Chicago, SMU Dallas, Loyola Marymount University..(I didn't mention some others and the federal schools that I applied to)

Vo: (Nodding as I spoke..I heard her saying wow when I mentioned Emory). Okay so did you get into those schools?

Me: I got into Howard, IIT Chicago, SMU Dallas, LMU..(didn't mention a few others that I got into coz I didn't say I applied to them).

Vo: So why did you choose this school?

Me: When I visited their campus, I was impressed with their close knit community and engineering program..I was also admitted into their honors program which opens up more opportunities for me, and then I was given a scholarship.

Vo: Okay (looks at my I20) So who is paying for the remaining cost?

Me: My Parents

Vo: What do they do?
Me: My Dad is the managing director of Bleep and my mum works as an assistant general manager at the bla..bla..

Vo: Your dad's business, what is it?

Me: (couldn't hear, asked her, she repeated). An eye clinic.

Vo: Picks up a white paper.

I was in an illusion when I saw the white paper...was thinking of the past, present and future all at once..I couldn't hear what she was saying (something about pick up in 3 days)..the next thing she gave me back my passport..I was confused..until I saw it was my old passport that she detached and gave back to me..She held my current one.

Vo: Do well in school..have a nice day.

Me: Thank you.
What was your deficit

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dhebie19(f): 10:45am On Jun 11, 2019
Brown2Green:

Please reset your password .

The limit of trying to reschedule is around 5 times after which you are restricted from rescheduling for ONLY 24 hours after which it resets and you can reschedule again.

Clear the inputs by the auto save and manually enter it.

Like I said you can reset your password too.

Thank you so much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dhebie19(f): 10:46am On Jun 11, 2019
Oasishavenng:

I had this issue like two weeks ago, I tried the forgot password option and it didn't work. I sent a mail and I was told I logged into many times or so and I should wait for 24 to 72 hours to try again. I waited approximately 48 hours and I was able to login

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omohakin: 10:50am On Jun 11, 2019
Please try and go with it. I had a similar situation. No deficit on my i-20 but the VO requested for the confirmation of my funding. Which I presented. she read through line by line and saw where I was asked to pay 1k USD for a semester. Although the letter also indicates this fund can be deducted from my pay installmentally but still the VO asked if I have any financial statement for this purpose. I feel itz better to present a financial statement in such a situation. This shows despite being funded, you still have something at your disposal.
Time2win:

If you don't have deficit on your i20, don't bother going with any statement of account.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 10:52am On Jun 11, 2019
omohakin:
Please try and go with it. I had a similar situation. No deficit on my i-20 but the VO requested for the confirmation of my funding. Which I presented. she read through line by line and saw where I was asked to pay 1k USD for a semester. Although the letter also indicates this fund can be deducted from my pay installmentally but still the VO asked if I have any financial statement for this purpose. I feel itz better to present a financial statement in such a situation. This shows despite being funded, you still have something at your disposal.

It doesn't mean you would have been denied if you had no SOA. The I20 clearly shows no deficit and I have not seen anyone denied for such.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 10:54am On Jun 11, 2019
omohakin:

Your case was different. The V.O didn't have time to digest your letter well and capitalized on the 1k$ he/she saw. Most times, they don't ask for the letter. Worst case, they will ask you to send your Statement of Account via DHL if they really need it after seeing your full funding and you didn't come with one.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omohakin: 11:00am On Jun 11, 2019
What if the VO requests for other document like mine. please kindly advice the fellow to go with since she/he can get it. Nobody knows what else is written on her/his funding letter or sort which the fellow didn't disclose. Yes it might not lead to a denial but from experience I saw how many times the VO read through that clause on my letter and the stern look on her face. My I20 clearlys shows no deficit (0). In my opinion. Let the fellow disclose any of such info in the funding letter. A better advice can be given.
Brown2Green:

It doesn't mean you would have been denied if you had no SOA. The I20 clearly shows no deficit and I have not seen anyone denied for such.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omohakin: 11:03am On Jun 11, 2019
This isn't true. She read through my i-20 and letter thoroughly. Infact I became bore during the process and my reflex action of drumming with my fingers slightly set in.
Time2win:

Your case was different. The V.O didn't have time to digest your letter well and capitalized on the 1k$ he/she saw. Most times, they don't ask for the letter. Worst case, they will ask you to send your Statement of Account via DHL if they really need it after seeing your full funding and you didn't come with one.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 11:08am On Jun 11, 2019
omohakin:
This isn't true. She read through my i-20 and letter thoroughly. Infact I became bore during the process and my reflex action of drumming with my fingers slightly set in.

You saying it isn't true, were you the one reading it to know what he or she read.

The V.O knows what he/she saw. Many people with full funding went for their interview without any Statement of Account and were approved. If it's needed, they will ask you to send it. If you have any, carry it along. If you don't, don't bother yourself. Just attend your interview.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 11:09am On Jun 11, 2019
omohakin:
What if the VO requests for other document like mine. please kindly advice the fellow to go with since she/he can get it. Nobody knows what else is written on her/his funding letter or sort which the fellow didn't disclose. Yes it might not lead to a denial but from experience I saw how many times the VO read through that clause on my letter and the stern look on her face. My I20 clearlys shows no deficit (0). In my opinion. Let the fellow disclose any of such info in the funding letter. A better advice can be given.

You still would have been issued bro. Take it from me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 11:13am On Jun 11, 2019
dumbiri99:

What was your deficit
So my school is an expensive school.. received up to $40300 total in aid but still had around 20 left.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Floriyadi: 11:17am On Jun 11, 2019
dreambound:

So my school is an expensive school.. received up to $40300 total in aid but still had around 20 left.
Congrats on your successful interview yesterday. What is the status of your visa showing when tracked online? Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omohakin: 11:24am On Jun 11, 2019
You still don't get my point. I clearly stated in my writeup. If the fellow can get hold of the bank statement. Why not go with it. I insist that I saw how many times she read through that thing. Something else I noticed..the moment I aswered yes to that question and presented the financial statement. She gave me back almost immediately. If you can hit the nail on the head while delay?. like I said. IF the fellow can get the statement...why not. For me, I never planned going with it. Three nights before my interview, I woke up and felt the strange urge to go with it and it worked for me.

This platform is for sharing informations most especially personal experiences that rarely occur so others can learn. It is just a different experience from norm. I understand your point Bro. I just shared my experience.
Brown2Green:

You still would have been issued bro. Take it from me

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 11:26am On Jun 11, 2019
omohakin:
You still don't get my point. I clearly stated in my writeup. If the fellow can get hold of the bank statement. Why not go with it. I insist that I saw how many times she read through that thing. Something else I noticed..the moment I aswered yes to that question and presented the financial statement. She gave me back almost immediately. If you can hit the nail on the head while delay?. like I said. IF the fellow can get the statement...why not. For me, I never planned going with it. Three nights before my interview, I woke up and felt the strange urge to go with it and it worked for me.

This platform is for sharing informations most especially personal experiences that rarely occur so others can learn. It is just a different experience from norm. I understand your point Bro. I just shared my experience.

Very apt.
You make a lot of sense.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 11:39am On Jun 11, 2019
Floriyadi:
Congrats on your successful interview yesterday. What is the status of your visa showing when tracked online? Thanks.
I haven't checked today.. Yesterday immediately after I got approved I checked my status...it showed that my case is on necessary administrative processing..I asked and was told that that is the normal step b4 it is issued..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 11:44am On Jun 11, 2019
dreambound:

I haven't checked today.. Yesterday immediately after I got approved I checked my status...it showed that my case is on necessary administrative processing..I asked and was told that that is the normal step b4 it is issued..

They will likely confirm that the funding you got is genuine.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 11:46am On Jun 11, 2019
Brown2Green:

It was stated on my I20..
But that's the normal step rai..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Floriyadi: 11:48am On Jun 11, 2019
dreambound:

Okay, same here too. I was approved yesterday in Lagos but my status is still in AP. I will be sharing my transcript as soon as it goes to "issued". Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 11:48am On Jun 11, 2019
Floriyadi:
I just checked now..It shows ISSUED

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 11:48am On Jun 11, 2019
Brown2Green:

It shows ISSUED now..

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 11:50am On Jun 11, 2019
Floriyadi:
Okay, same here too. I was approved yesterday in Lagos but my status is still in AP. I will be sharing my transcript as soon as it goes to "issued". Thanks a lot.
You're welcome..what time was yours?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 11:52am On Jun 11, 2019
dreambound:

It shows ISSUED now..

Congrats..
It is never an issue as far your I20 states it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Floriyadi: 11:53am On Jun 11, 2019
dreambound:

You're welcome..what time was yours?
6:45 AM, you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 11:56am On Jun 11, 2019
Floriyadi:
6:45 AM, you?
Same..
Lady or Gentleman?
There was a lady approved immediately b4 me.

Before that lady was a self sponsored man going to Rochester tech ...has an accent..studied in the UK..

Before him was no one (approved by the the lady interviewer).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Floriyadi: 11:59am On Jun 11, 2019
dreambound:

Same..
Lady or Gentleman?
There was a lady approved immediately b4 me.
Gentleman. You probably were the guy approved right before me? White top and trouser?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2019
Floriyadi:
Gentleman. You probably were the guy approved right before me? White top and trouser?

White and red top..(collared)

Are you saying that that lady approved 4 in a row..��

I'm not sure I was that guy . grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.