Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,510 members, 7,770,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:50 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1339323 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ysteph: 8:17am On Jun 11, 2019
Thank you.
LagosismyHome:

Q1. Nobody can predict chances. You just prepare well, have the right profile and hope for the best

Q2. No its two seperate category so denial of one doesnt affect the other. Except if other issues occur such as a ban or fraud detected
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 8:17am On Jun 11, 2019
Olumuyiwalasode:

This is wrong, you obviously didn't get his question. He was simply saying the statement has a duration from November to April, and his interview is in June; it means the statement was issued and printed in April, which is still within the 6 months period, so yes, He can take it to the embassy since his interview is this June!

He can't take it. He should get a new one. You are wrong and telling someone that gave correct advice that he is wrong. Nawa for some people.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dhebie19(f): 8:17am On Jun 11, 2019
Hi brainy! I’m in a similar situation. Mine is only 4 pages but covers from November to may 27

Hello all,

When my sponsor eventually sent me the SOA, it was just a page of 2 days transaction tho the opening balance and closing is more than sufficient like x5 of my deficit.

The transaction on the single paper is just 2 days as he as protecting his privacy to send me more than that.

Pls would this be sufficient to present to the VO? [/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dhebie19(f): 8:22am On Jun 11, 2019
@lagosismyhome mine covers from November to nay 27 but is about 300 pages so my requested they print the first 2 and last 2 pages for me. Please is that okay?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 8:25am On Jun 11, 2019
Olumuyiwalasode:

This is wrong, you obviously didn't get his question. He was simply saying the statement has a duration from November to April, and his interview is in June; it means the statement was issued and printed in April, which is still within the 6 months period, so yes, He can take it to the embassy since his interview is this June!
He sure can use it . Very Valid
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 8:39am On Jun 11, 2019
Time2win:

He can't take it. He should get a new one. You are wrong and telling someone that gave correct advice that he is wrong. Nawa for some people.

How is the statement past the 6 months period from date of issue when it was only printed in April, You should digest what i wrote well before you comment. So you're telling me that if someone prints a statement in April, and has interview in June, he cannot use it? while it is advisable he gets an updated one, he can use it as well. so i don't know what is correct in what he said that you're quoting me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 8:39am On Jun 11, 2019
Brown2Green:
He sure can use it . Very Valid
i wonder o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 8:43am On Jun 11, 2019
The date of issue is when the statement was printed , and not the duration it covers.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 8:45am On Jun 11, 2019
Dhebie19:

Hi brainy! I’m in a similar situation. Mine is only 4 pages but covers from November to may 27

Hello all,

When my sponsor eventually sent me the SOA, it was just a page of 2 days transaction tho the opening balance and closing is more than sufficient like x5 of my deficit.

The transaction on the single paper is just 2 days as he as protecting his privacy to send me more than that.

Pls would this be sufficient to present to the VO?

You should understand the essence of SOA.
It is not basically to show the opening and closing balance. It is also to see the cash flow over a period of months of which 3 months should be the minimum.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dhebie19(f): 8:53am On Jun 11, 2019
Brown2Green:

You should understand the essence of SOA.
It is not basically to show the opening and closing balance. It is also to see the cash flow over a period of months of which 3 months should be the minimum.

thank you for all your contributions here grin Yes i do understand! But he doesn’t want to disclose such information hence the reason why he printed the first two pages and last two pages making it a total of 4 pages but covers from November to may. plus I felt carrying over 300 pages of statement to the embassy will bore the VO.

I got an assistantship that comes with complete tuition waiver and stipends but I still want to know if the SOA be acceptable.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 8:57am On Jun 11, 2019
Dhebie19:

thank you for all your contributions here grin Yes i do understand! But he doesn’t want to disclose such information hence the reason why he printed the first two pages and last two pages making it a total of 4 pages but covers from November to may. plus I felt carrying over 300 pages of statement to the embassy will bore the VO.

I got an assistantship that comes with complete tuition waiver and stipends but I still want to know if the SOA be acceptable.

Congrats on your Full Funding that's very important.
So focus on your funding and pray the VO doesn't ask you why you didn't bring a detailed SOA because you should NEVER say such as the reason.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dhebie19(f): 9:00am On Jun 11, 2019
Brown2Green:

Congrats on your Full Funding that's very important.
So focus on your funding and pray the VO doesn't ask you why you didn't bring a detailed SOA because you should NEVER say such as the reason.

The way you capitalize the never scares me sad so I’ll look for ways to get a complete SOA. Thank you once more
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 9:04am On Jun 11, 2019
Olumuyiwalasode:

How is the statement past the 6 months period from date of issue when it was only printed in April, You should digest what i wrote well before you comment. So you're telling me that if someone prints a statement in April, and has interview in June, he cannot use it? while it is advisable he gets an updated one, he can use it as well. so i don't know what is correct in what he said that you're quoting me.

You are confusing the whole thing. They said the bank statement should be for the last 6months. If your interview is June, your 6months should start from June. Not when the bank statement was issued. From your reasoning, you can take one from August to January since it's issued in January and it's 6months period, that's wrong way to calculate it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 9:06am On Jun 11, 2019
Dhebie19:

If you don't have deficit on your i20, don't bother going with any statement of account.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:10am On Jun 11, 2019
ysteph:
Someone should please help me out.
I successfully renewed my B1/B2 through dropbox last month. Third time having a B1/B2.
However, i just received my i20 and planning to apply for a student visa at the end of June.
My school resumes in August.
Q1. What are my chances of getting an F1 visa with my valid B1/B2.
Q2. In the event that i am refused an F visa, do you think my valid B1/B2 will be cancelled.

P.S. I am going with one dependent (child) who also has a valid B1/B2.

Thank you.
I got my F1 Visa with a valid B1/B2 Visa. If you have a valid visa, the VO is going to check details about how long you spent there and what you said you were going to do at the POE (I think...coz she knew I visited my school)... She'll also check your previous interview..

If there are any flags, like spending a long time there, the VO would ask you why.

If your F1 is denied, your B1/B2 would remain intact...except if she sees that you did not obey immigration laws in your previous trips.

I saw a case online about a man (with B1/B2) that stayed in the US for 6 months (without any explanation) and then immediately he came back he carried his whole family for an interview..
Though 6 months is the max (legal)..the VO denied his family and cancelled his visa..coz the VO suspected that he wants to carry his family there and live permanently illegally.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dremca(m): 9:15am On Jun 11, 2019
You haven't yet replied.
Skillset11:

Thank you bro!
I will reply accordingly.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:15am On Jun 11, 2019
Dhebie19:

As far as the school is not buying you flight tickets you still have a deficit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dhebie19(f): 9:15am On Jun 11, 2019
Time2win:

If you don't have deficit on your i20, don't bother going with any statement of account.

I have.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:16am On Jun 11, 2019
Dhebie19:

I have.
You need a statement.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 9:20am On Jun 11, 2019
dreambound:

As far as the school is not buying you flight tickets you still have a deficit.

This is not true.

Please say what you are very certain of.

The VO ONLY works with the figure stated on the I20.

If the deficits on the I20 is $0.00 , then there is no need for a SOA.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 9:21am On Jun 11, 2019
Dhebie19:

I have.

Okay, you need to go with a statement of account then.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 9:22am On Jun 11, 2019
Brown2Green:

This is not true.

Please say what you are very certain of.

The VO ONLY works with the figure stated on the I20.

If the deficits on the I20 is $0.00 , then there is no need for a SOA.

I concur.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 9:23am On Jun 11, 2019
Time2win:

You are confusing the whole thing. They said the bank statement should be for the last 6months. If your interview is June, your 6months should start from June. Not when the bank statement was issued. From your reasoning, you can take one from August to January since it's issued in January and it's 6months period, that's wrong way to calculate it.

Please can you drop any link to verify this?
Preferred from the US official site.

We need to be very sure of such sensitive issue.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ysteph: 9:27am On Jun 11, 2019
Thank you very much. The maximum time i have spent in the US is 19 days. I visit just for vacation.
Fingers crossed.
dreambound:

I got my F1 Visa with a valid B1/B2 Visa. If you have a valid visa, the VO is going to check details about how long you spent there and what you said you were going to do at the POE (I think...coz she knew I visited my school)... She'll also check your previous interview..

If there are any flags, like spending a long time there, the VO would ask you why.

If your F1 is denied, your B1/B2 would remain intact...except if she sees that you did not obey immigration laws in your previous trips.

I saw a case online about a man (with B1/B2) that stayed in the US for 6 months and then immediately he came back he carried his whole family for an interview..
Though 6 months is the max (legal)..the VO denied his family and cancelled his visa..coz the VO suspected that he wants to carry his family there and live permanently illegally.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 9:40am On Jun 11, 2019
Brown2Green:

Please can you drop any link to verify this?
Preferred from the US official site.

We need to be very sure of such sensitive issue.

http://www.usvisa.ae/usa-visa-requirements.html

Check out this. If you are a member of educationusa, you can ask your advisor. They always emphasize on the latest 6 months bank statement.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tooyib: 9:47am On Jun 11, 2019
Good morning everyone

I filled my Nigerian address in th i901 form prior to paying the sevis fee. Do anyone know whether it will affect my visa interview?

Someone said it has to be a us address.

Pls it’s urgent. I want to pay today.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 9:50am On Jun 11, 2019
Time2win:

http://www.usvisa.ae/usa-visa-requirements.html

Check out this. If you are a member of educationusa, you can ask your advisor. They always emphasize on the latest 6 months bank statement.

Thank you!
I needed that clarification.
Latest 6 months is not specific.

It is better to go with an SOA closing in the month of interview but that doesn't mean going with one ending
1-3 months before the interview is invalid.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 9:53am On Jun 11, 2019
Tooyib:
Good morning everyone

I filled my Nigerian address in th i901 form prior to paying the sevis fee. Do anyone know whether it will affect my visa interview?

Someone said it has to be a us address.

Pls it’s urgent. I want to pay today.

I don't understand your question.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tooyib: 9:55am On Jun 11, 2019
I was told the address to be filled in the i901 form has to be where I will stay in the US. Is this true? Because I filled my address here.

Thank you.

Brown2Green:

I don't understand your question.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 9:58am On Jun 11, 2019
Brown2Green:

Thank you!
I needed that clarification.
Latest 6 months is not specific.

It is better to go with an SOA closing in the month of interview but that doesn't mean going with one ending
1-3 months before the interview is invalid.

One month difference is still okay, but anything outside that, it's not advisable. The essence is to have hassle free interview. Some V.O might accept those printed two to 3months earlier, some might not. The right thing to do is to go with the latest, that's one printed few days or few weeks to your interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 9:58am On Jun 11, 2019
Tooyib:
I was told the address to be filled in the i901 form has to be where I will stay in the US. Is this true? Because I filled my address here.

Thank you.

Your Nigerian address is fine.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tooyib: 9:59am On Jun 11, 2019
Oh really, thanks so much.

Time2win:

Your Nigerian address is fine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.