Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1358830 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Floriyadi: 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
dreambound:

White and red top..

Are you saying that that lady approved 4 in a row..��

I'm not sure I was that guy . grin
Haha. The window is the one on the extreme end from the entrance? The young white lady that seem to nod a lot?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Floriyadi: 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
Any other person that was approved yesterday but still has status as Administrative Processing?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sunnypolicy02: 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2019
naira0:
Whilst I will admit you make a lot of sense in your posts here, you need to master the art of "silence". You must not respond at every stone hurled at you...that's maturity!

Thank you! I share same view with you. He is someone I like and defended severally. I always sieve through his comments to pick out important points but he doesn't need to respond to every insult.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2019
Floriyadi:
Any other person that was approved yesterday but still has status as Administrative Processing?

Lol
Calm your nerves.
You will see it.
You cannot do anything at this point .
So stay calm.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2019
Floriyadi:
Haha. The window is the one on the extreme end from the entrance? The young white lady that seem to nod a lot?
Oh..that lady..that wasn't my interviewer..My interviewer was the other white lady around the middle.

She denied one man (with honeywell noodles top) and his family after she asked him how much your flight costs and he was thinking ..

I was like.. What
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Floriyadi: 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2019
Brown2Green:

Lol
Calm your nerves.
You will see it.
You cannot do anything at this point .
So stay calm.
Thanks. Now ISSUED. transcript next.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tellbiodun(f): 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2019
Thank you so much for your prompt response. I just feel broken because I've been on this since last year July. I work in consulting presently but i really want to be a lecturer and I feel time is really flying. How do I even start? When is the earliest opportunity that I can commence a post graduate degree in the US after this fall season? Is December possible or my next opportunity is Spring? Please which schools can I apply to that I can get full funding of any kind in their Communications or Creative Writing Department. My first degree is in Communication Arts. For Bank statement, my husband and I will commence working on beefing it up.

Brown2Green:

Sorry about the manipulations of the agent.

But keep this in mind, you cannot go to the US with kids without having a very STRONG financial support.

Infact, even with Full Funding, the VO still wants to know what your husband does and how he will support the kids because full funding is meant for the student not the family.

I don't know what the agents have told you. . but I advice you to wait and get it right as you've said.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hackord007: 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2019
Please any USA school still available for admission for undergraduate,please let me know if it’s not too late to apply for one

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Floriyadi: 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2019
dreambound:

Oh..that lady..that wasn't my interviewer..My interviewer was the other white lady around the middle.

She denied one man (with honeywell noodles top) and his family after she asked him how much your flight costs and he was thinking ..

I was like.. What
Really? Too bad.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 12:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
Floriyadi:

Don't worry grin grin
As far as you were approved, the AP is only to confirm with other governments and your government that you aren't a security threat (as I saw online)...,
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Floriyadi: 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2019
dreambound:

Don't worry grin grin
As far as you were approved, the AP is only to confirm with other governments and your government that you aren't a security threat (as I saw online)...,
Abi smiley. I hope it turns out well. Now ISSUED. transcript next.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 12:42pm On Jun 11, 2019
tellbiodun:
Thank you so much for your prompt response. I just feel broken because I've been on this since last year July. I work in consulting presently but i really want to be a lecturer and I feel time is really flying. How do I even start? When is the earliest opportunity that I can commence a post graduate degree in the US after this fall season? Is December possible or my next opportunity is Spring? Please which schools can I apply to that I can get full funding of any kind in their Communications or Creative Writing Department. My first degree is in Communication Arts. For Bank statement, my husband and I will commence working on beefing it up.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

PM me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tooyib: 12:51pm On Jun 11, 2019
has anyone paid for sevis on this platform https://sevisexpress.com/pay-sevis-fee/?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sosao(f): 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2019
Having same issue but heard it is nothing to worry about
MyAmericandream:
Hi all, when i try to fill the DS160 form, the Previous Work/education/training part of the form doesn't show the question on Educational details. Is there anyone here facing this kinda issue?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tellbiodun(f): 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2019
Will do so. Thank you so much.
Brown2Green:

Where there is a will, there is a way.

PM me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4gunners(m): 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2019
sirRiddy, I sight you...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ogbabe2k2: 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2019
hello house pls i just got admitted into UT Arlington without funding. i will like to know if anyone here knows how to go about funding request because i have contacted the academic advisor severally and he hasnt given me a response concerning funding. i just noticed most people who got the U.S visas had funding of different sorts. kindly help with useful information

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ogbabe2k2:
hello house pls i just got admitted into UT Arlington without funding. i will like to know if anyone here knows how to go about funding request because i have contacted the academic advisor severally and he hasnt given me a response concerning funding. i just noticed most people who got the U.S visas had funding of different sorts. kindly help with useful information

Some also got without any form of funding.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ogbabe2k2: 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
ok
Time2win:

Some also got without any form of funding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 1:39pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ogbabe2k2:

Give it your best shot.
Everyone has a different surname and story.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2019
There are great people on this forum, some of which life has brought to my path for strong friendship and relationships. Yes, I have been away, because as we pursue our dreams and goals, our priorities must shift and change; or else, we might be left behind! However, I am still very much here. I am very grateful for this post. It shows how grateful you and other folks on this thread are. It is not about what myself and others contribute, but chiefly because you guys were and are willing to learn from others experience and ideas.

Those who give something out also take something back in the process. We broaden our experience! That's what I see about Nairaland, particularly, this thread. And that is why I am still here despite disagreements now and then.

And what is more important is that, F1 visas continue to drop! It may even exceed the record we have seen in the past 3 years. Just do your thing and get things right. And congrats to students with recent approvals. Make una study well and top una class!

God bless you ProYouWebsiteUK for this post. I am back here for now to do the little I know to do. grin

ProYouWebsiteUK:
Fairheart has not been active here for like weeks now, which is unlike him and no one has ever noticed him or asked after him.

You know, sometimes, those guys deserve some kind of encouragements that will make them want to do more of what they have been doing. No one is paying them to help here, but they are doing it freely from the depth of their hearts and they enjoy doing it.

If we get to know how busy these guys are but still find time from their busy time to attend to our issues here, maybe then, we will learn to appreciate them and stop insulting them even when we are not comfortable with their comments and when we find their comments absurd.

Our Fairheart, where have you been. Hope you are good? We miss your contributions here and we'll love to have you back as soon as possible.

I want to use this opportunity to say a big thank you to all of you guys for the good work you have been doing here.

Bracelum, Fairheart, Brown2Green, Lagosismyhome, Time2win, Shawarma, Agreatman, Walspring and others. You guys are wonderful. You deserve more than just a few words. Thank you for taking out of your busy time to make others succeed as well. I pray the Good God will reward you for your good work and stand for you whenever you need help.

You guys are just so wonderful. You deserve the best.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2019
Yes, GA, GTA, GRA, etc increase chances of getting the F1 (at least these days) but it is not and never the only factor the consular looks at in determining your eligibility. You can still get your F1 if you prepare well and able to convince the VO. But continue to contact your school. Look for the webpage where list of open assistantships are posted. Contact the director of your program, or the person heading your department. These are the people who have first hand information on open assistantships position. I wish you the best!

Ogbabe2k2:

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ogbabe2k2: 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
Thank you
Brown2Green:

Give it your best shot.
Everyone has a different surname and story.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 2:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
lols. You're right.
bracelum:

This is exactly what I was complaining about a few days ago.

Lots of crap but nothing meaningful from the transcript. Admins should do us a favor by deleting these transcripts.

If you don't want to share meaningful details here, keep your transcripts to yourself. We don't give a flying f*ck about it.

This is bad!

Also, transcripts should be straight to the point! All these "I went from Obalende to CMS", "I fasted for 30 days" and "I booked a hotel at Garki" etc are not important. Go straight to the point and give us the real gist so that people can learn from your experience. My point though!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ProYouWebsiteUK(f): 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2019
fairheart:
There are great people on this forum, some of which life has brought to my path for strong friendship and relationships. Yes, I have been away, because as we pursue our dreams and goals, our priorities must shift and change; or else, we might be left behind! However, I am still very much here. I am very grateful for this post. It shows how grateful you and other folks on this thread are. It is not about what myself and others contribute, but chiefly because you guys were and are willing to learn from others experience and ideas.

Those who give something out also take something back in the process. We broaden our experience! That's what I see about Nairaland, particularly, this thread. And that is why I am still here despite disagreements now and then.

And what is more important is that, F1 visas continue to drop! It may even exceed the record we have seen in the past 3 years. Just do your thing and get things right. And congrats to students with recent approvals. Make una study well and top una class!

God bless you ProYouWebsiteUK for this post. I am back here for now to do the little I know to do. grin

You are welcome. Good to have you back here bro.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fabyom: 2:50pm On Jun 11, 2019
fairheart:
lols. You're right.
Sight you bro.
We are grateful for all your contributions on this platform.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Floriyadi: 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2019
CGPA: 4.76/5, GRE: 309.
Program: MS Mathematics Bowling Green State University. Fully funded.
Visa approved yesterday morning in Lagos.

Me: good morning.
VO: your I-20 and passport
Me: hands them over
VO: where are you going?
Me: BGSU for a masters in mathematics.
VO: Alright. What area of mathematics?
Me: Applied and computational mathematics
VO: Really?
Me: Yes.
VO: types profusely. Then asks " are you traveling alone?".
Me: Yes
VO: okay, take this, go to this address and pickup your passport in three days.
Me: Thanks.

The whole thing lasted less than two minutes. Visa status was Administrative Processing the whole of yesterday. Changed to ISSUED this afternoon. Shout out to Brown2Green and dreambound, una 2much.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ogbabe2k2: 2:58pm On Jun 11, 2019
thank you so much,i sure will do as you have said.
fairheart:
Yes, GA, GTA, GRA, etc increase chances of getting the F1 (at least these days) but it is not and never the only factor the consular looks at in determining your eligibility. You can still get your F1 if you prepare well and able to convince the VO. But continue to contact your school. Look for the webpage where list of open assistantships are posted. Contact the director of your program, or the person heading your department. These are the people who have first hand information on open assistantships position. I wish you the best!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 2:58pm On Jun 11, 2019
Floriyadi:

The whole thing lasted less than two minutes. Visa status was Administrative Processing the whole of yesterday. Changed to ISSUED this afternoon. Shout out to Brown2Green and dreambound, una 2much.

All fully funded candidates so far today had less than 3 minutes interview.
I have spoken with 5 so far.

Congrats man.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dhebie19(f): 3:00pm On Jun 11, 2019
Floriyadi:

Congrats! Do you have a deficit of any kind on your I-20?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Floriyadi: 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2019
Brown2Green:

All fully funded candidates so far today had less than 3 minutes interview.
I have spoken with 5 so far.

Congrats man.
Spot on. Talked with one earlier today. Approved in 5 minutes. Keep up the good work boss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.