Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361525 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:04am On Jun 12, 2019
Pefuele:

N8.8m(approx) to the nearest tenths

For the details you posted above, you have N4,961,644 as balance and it clearly shows you don't have enough money in the account.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 12:08am On Jun 12, 2019
Goodness! Time2Win. I did not look the figure well o. I actually took the total credit for N406 million. Thank you for this. Am I to believe the total credit is N406,689,020 for the six month period?? If yes, then I was right with my assessment of the cause of his refusal.
Time2win:

What's the deficit on your i20? For this details you posted, you have N4,961,644 as balance and it clearly shows you don't have enough money in the account. Highest scholarship giving by University of new haven is 50% and deficit is 22,405$ unless you were given provost assistanship.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:10am On Jun 12, 2019
fairheart:
Goodness! Time2Win. I did not look the figure well o. I actually took the total credit for N406 million. Thank you for this. Am I to believe the total credit is N406,689,020 for the six month period?? If yes, then I was right with my assessment of the cause of his refusal.

He thought the huge inflow will cover for the insufficient funds. It doesn't work that way. His deficit is 8.8m and he is presenting Statement of account with less than 5m in it. That's the reason for the refusal.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 12:12am On Jun 12, 2019
Time2win:

What's the deficit on your i20? For this details you posted, you have 4,961,644 and Clearly shows you don't have enough money in the account. Highest scholarship giving by University of new haven is 50% and deficit is 22,405$ unless you were given provost assistanship.
I just checked that now.
Could that be an error from the Bank.
Cos I actually collected it From the Account officer .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:13am On Jun 12, 2019
Pefuele:

I just checked that now.

How much is the balance left. That can't be an error
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 12:13am On Jun 12, 2019
Time2win:

What's the deficit on your i20? For this details you posted, you have N4,961,644 as balance and it clearly shows you don't have enough money in the account. Highest scholarship giving by University of new haven is 50% and deficit is 22,405$ unless you were given provost assistanship.

I thought he said closing balance was 36m.
This is obviously the cause of refusal.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 12:14am On Jun 12, 2019
Time2win:

For the details you posted above, you have N4,961,644 as balance and it clearly shows you don't have enough money in the account.
I will look this up and correct immediately..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 12:15am On Jun 12, 2019
You get on the paper what is in the banking system based on available balance. What is the statement current balance?
Pefuele:

I just checked that now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Samuelpluto: 12:19am On Jun 12, 2019
fairheart:
You get on the paper what is in the banking system based on available balance. What is the statement current balance?

something smells fishy in the statement. softwork lag I presume!!!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 12:20am On Jun 12, 2019
If this is the case, which I still strongly doubt, then he must have been saved from a ban!
Samuelpluto:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 12:21am On Jun 12, 2019
fairheart:
The statement current balance is N33,941,657.44
Infact,I used it to request my i-20 in April and the available balance was correct when I checked that time on this.
I will have him speak with the AO to check this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 12:22am On Jun 12, 2019
Alright.
Pefuele:

Infact,I used it to request my i-20 in April and the available balance was correct when I checked that time on this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 12:23am On Jun 12, 2019
He didn't include the opening balance of the period, which should be at about 32 million. Credit and Debit flow as we no only accounts for inflow and outflow. Except if you are saying they pay less attention to the opening balance of the account
Time2win:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AspiringPHD: 12:24am On Jun 12, 2019
Difference between total credit and total debit over a period of time would NOT always result into the current balance on the account.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:24am On Jun 12, 2019
Pefuele:

Did you go to the bank to collect the statement of account yourself?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 12:25am On Jun 12, 2019
Kindly check the opening balance of the statement, Please guys kindly throw more light on what they were evaluating. They don't pay attention to the amount in the account?
Pefuele:

I just checked that now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:25am On Jun 12, 2019
AspiringPHD:
Difference between total credit and total debit over a period of time would NOT always result into the current balance on the account.

Says who? Except there is an opening balance

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 12:25am On Jun 12, 2019
Samuelpluto:

Nope,I confirmed the balance through someone working in the fund transfer department.
I will have him speak with the AO on this.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:26am On Jun 12, 2019
segunbolawole:
He didn't include the opening balance of the period, which should be at about 32 million. Credit and Debit flow as we no only accounts for inflow and outflow. Except if you are saying they pay less attention to the opening balance of the account

This makes more sense
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 12:26am On Jun 12, 2019
Let the applicant tell us the opening balance, the balance. We could tell what is wrong if it is actually the statement. But I hope he do his own findings and get things right.
AspiringPHD:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 12:27am On Jun 12, 2019
AspiringPHD:

You're right.

I just confirmed this .

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AspiringPHD: 12:30am On Jun 12, 2019
Time2win:

Says who?

You have to add the opening balance to the difference between the total credit and total debit to get the current balance on the account.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 12:33am On Jun 12, 2019
What is the opening balance of the statement of account? Before you go and ask AO, check that.
Pefuele:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:34am On Jun 12, 2019
AspiringPHD:

You have to add the opening balance to the difference between the total credit and total debit to get the current balance on the account.

Much clearer now

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 12:38am On Jun 12, 2019
segunbolawole:
What is the opening balance of the statement of account? Before you go and ask AO, check that.

Opening Balance is:N28,980,013.85
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 12:40am On Jun 12, 2019
AspiringPHD:

Mehn you are correct .I learn this today. Thanks.

Just like in cash flow diagram.
The intial cost is left untouched...
Other cash flows are on top of it.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:41am On Jun 12, 2019
Pefuele:

If this is the opening balance, my analysis earlier is wrong. You have sufficient funds in the account. Don't know if there is lump sum that might have triggered V.O attention. They frown at lump sum too

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 12:42am On Jun 12, 2019
AspiringPHD:

Mehn you are correct .I learn this today. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 12:43am On Jun 12, 2019
Torh.... So, that strikes out Time2win's conclusion. So, what could be the issue with the SOA? cause I must say, I I feel that was the stumbling block, but I maybe Uncle/Aunty sponsor, or Credit and Debit Flow being close, and she presumed it is fund used for his business.... I'm just saying o...
Pefuele:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 12:44am On Jun 12, 2019
Time2win:

If this is the opening balance, my analysis earlier is wrong. You have sufficient funds in the account.

I just chatted him now seff.He said the current balance is now over N40m...lol
Oil money...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:46am On Jun 12, 2019
Pefuele:

I just chatted him now seff.He said the current balance is now over N40m...lol
Oil money...

You need to check lump deposit over a small period of time, they frown at it most times.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 12:46am On Jun 12, 2019
segunbolawole:
Torh.... So, that strikes out Time2win's conclusion. So, what could be the issue with the SOA? cause I must say, I I feel that was the stumbling block, but I maybe Uncle/Aunty sponsor, or Credit and Debit Flow being close, and she presumed it is fund used for his business.... I'm just saying o...

It is a personal account.
Business account is different it can't bear the name of the person.Though they were transactions in it but is unrelated to his business.More like Normal ATM withdrawal, deposit,buying PMS and the likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.