Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1357238 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 12:49am On Jun 12, 2019
Time2win:

You need to check lump deposit over a small period of time, they frown at it most times.

There where huge withdrawals,huge deposits,small withdrawals and small deposit and bank charges.
I didn't really check the period but it was for Six months,Jan to June.
No be my account jare.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 12:53am On Jun 12, 2019
If you are sure, get another MRV receipt and go back. Remember the example of a student I shared earlier. Wish you the best!
Pefuele:

There where huge withdrawals,huge deposits,small withdrawals and small deposit and bank charges.
I didn't really check the period .
No be my account jare.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 12:56am On Jun 12, 2019
fairheart:
If you are sure, get another MRV receipt and go back. Remember the example of a student I shared earlier. Wish you the best!

I remember.Infact,I know the person transcript well.
When she was denied in Lag,went to Abuja and I think was approved a third time or thereabouts around February I guess.Going to APSU.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:57am On Jun 12, 2019
Pefuele:

I didn't really check the period .
No be my account jare.

Pefuele:

VO:Can I see his SOA
Me:gave it to VO
VO:checked front page,checked back page,
Count the sheet,check the opening balance and closing balance on front page,check the pages again.

VO:the type for like 2mins and have me blue paper.
Me:I was shocked.

Looking at the bolded, something in your statement of account triggered the refusal. You need to examine it well. If possible get a new Statement of account and refire.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 12:59am On Jun 12, 2019
Time2win:

Looking at the bolded, something in your statement of account triggered the refusal. You need to examine it well. If possible get a new Statement of account and refire.

Considering that.
But a statement of account from same person is better.
Changing sponsors can be a red flag
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 1:02am On Jun 12, 2019
Pefuele:

Considering that.
But a statement of account from same person is better.
Changing sponsors can be a red flag

Unless you are using father or mother this time. Changing to another uncle isn't advisable. Ask him if he can provide another of his Statement of account for you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 1:03am On Jun 12, 2019
Time2win:

Unless you are using father or mother this time. Changing to another uncle isn't advisable. Ask him if he can provide another of his Statement of account for you

Yeap,you right.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:16am On Jun 12, 2019
tmd:

CGPA 3.47/4
GRE 322 TOEFL 97
Emory University MPH Global Health- Infectious disease concentration
Not fully funded but got $20000 Rollins pathway scholarship
Deficit on I20 is $44000 after scholarship has been deducted
No Document asked

Interview was not like a standard F1 visa interview though

VO: Pass me your passports
Me: I obliged plus our I20
VO: Why Emory University
Me: Firstly it is one of the few Universities that offer Global Health in US as a department on it's own and not as a certificate/side option and they also have my concentration which is Infectious disease. Also, its location in Atlanta which is known to be the world public health capital is a major factor because it would expose me in practical terms as a result of the presence of major public health organisations there like the headquarters of CDC, The Carter centre, American cancer society etc.......I stopped talking at this point because I felt I had said enough and didnt want to bore her eventhough I still had other points and she didnt cut me off. I remembered ranking, which was one of my main reasons afterwards but didnt bother again.Thankfully, it didnt work against me. She just kept nodding and this is the only student related question I was asked
VO: How many children do you have
Me: 3
VO: and where are the other 2(I went with my first son only)
Me: They are at home. They are not eligible for Visa. I gave birth to them in US
VO: when is their DOB and how old are they
Me: -/-/2015 & -/-/2016...... 4yrs and 2+
VO: Did you declare your intent at the POE when you went to deliver
Me: Yes
VO: How much was your delivery fee
Me: $11838 for the first and $11959 for the second. I have my receipts here if you want to check but she declined
Typed for like forever, then she approved us.

I had to give back to this community hence the reason for this transcript, if not, theres really nothing much for F1 visa aspirants to see. I learnt alot here and i am grateful to everyone here. Thank you to all the gurus holding this house up, you guys are the real VIPs and ofcourse I return all the Glory to God.

Emory is a solid school!

Congrats and enjoy your career!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Temi87: 7:12am On Jun 12, 2019
Good morning everyone. A friend just told me about this page. My visa was denied yesterday at the consulate in lagos. This was my transcript

Me: good morning
VO: pass me your passport and document. Why did you choose your school.
Me: I chose it because it is accredited by the project management institute global accreditation centre for project management and also offers it under the department of tech and construction management and because I studied Building tech as an undergraduate, it was essential I continued in the same path.
VO: when did you graduate
Me: I graduated in 2016
VO: from which school
Me: the university of lagos
VO: did you take the GRE
Me: yes I did (she looked at me like I should day my score) I had 309 in my GRE and 105 in my TOEFL. (I didn’t mention my school didn’t require toefl, just the GRE)
VO: so what have you been doing since you graduated
Me: I worked with the state ministry of works and housing for a while where I discovered there is increasing need for qualified project managers because a lot projects functionally fail at their delivery dates, I proceeded to work for my former lecturer who is a consultant for various construction companies, going to sites with him and applying PM tools and techniques. Currently I work at a bank headquarters in the project management services department, evacuating the performance risks of various companies who come for loans or extensions on their loans to execute their projects.
VO: who is your sponsor
Me: my elder sister
VO: what does she do
Me: she’s supplies oil and gas to companies as a marketer for nnpc. (Forgot to mention she also manages our mums properties where we collect rent including one hospital)
Vo: pass me her bank statement . (Then she typed for a long time). Has she ever travelled before?
Me: no she hasn’t. (She has a Schengen visa she never used though I didn’t mention that, and she was denied a Canadian visa earlier this year but I don’t know how the VO will connect me to that)
Vo:are you married or single
Me:I’m not married.
Vo: I’m sorry I won’t be approving your visa, though I feel you’ll be qualified at a later time.
Me: thank you. (Then I left).

It was the last at window 7 who nods a lot. I don’t know what the next step should be, though I’m thinking to sending an email to my school to keep them updated of this hitch. The total cost was about 8 million and I had a bank statement of 17 million. I need advice please. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 7:15am On Jun 12, 2019
Please guys... Bracelum, time2win, brown, lagosismyhome and others, quick question, and would it be okay if I draw the attention of the VO to transaction history BTW me and my sponsor in which I used to pay my tuition deposit to the school?

Kindly share your opinions. Mbok!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 7:21am On Jun 12, 2019
learner007:

It depends on whether your program is tailored towards pure maths or applied maths. The pure maths is really rigorous (heavy on writing mathematical proofs). La cram la pour no dey work here, walahi talahi. If you have to take a proof writing remedial course, dont hesitate at all. It will really help you. But the applied/numerical path is okay! I have taken courses across both paths. I took Real Analysis last semester...it was deeper than what I did in my undergrad. So I advice anyone coming to start to prepare early in order to hit the ground running. Download some calculus textbooks online and drill yourself like mad! Thank me later!

Thanks for this boss. Pure math is a pain. I'm not treading that path again, computational and applied math all the way.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 7:24am On Jun 12, 2019
Temi87:
Good morning everyone. A friend just told me about this page. My visa was denied yesterday at the consulate in lagos. This was my transcript

Me: I chose it because it is accredited by the project management institute global accreditation centre for project management and also offers it under the department of tech and construction management and because I studied Building tech as an undergraduate, it was essential I continued in the same path.
Me: yes I did (she looked at me like I should day my score) I had 309 in my GRE and 105 in my TOEFL. (I didn’t mention my school didn’t require toefl, just the GRE)
Me: I worked with the state ministry of works and housing for a while where I discovered there is increasing need for qualified project managers because a lot projects functionally fail at their delivery dates, I proceeded to work for my former lecturer who is a consultant for various construction companies, going to sites with him and applying PM tools and techniques. Currently I work at a bank headquarters in the project management services department, evacuating the performance risks of various companies who come for loans or extensions on their loans to execute their projects.
Me: she’s supplies oil and gas to companies as a marketer for nnpc. (Forgot to mention she also manages our mums properties where we collect rent including one hospital)
Vo: pass me her bank statement . (Then she typed for a long time). Has she ever travelled before?
Me: no she hasn’t. (She has a Schengen visa she never used though I didn’t mention that, and she was denied a Canadian visa earlier this year but I don’t know how the VO will connect me to that)
Vo: I’m sorry I won’t be approving your visa, though I feel you’ll be qualified at a later time.

It was the last at window 7 who nods a lot. I don’t know what the next step should be, though I’m thinking to sending an email to my school to keep them updated of this hitch. The total cost was about 8 million and I had a bank statement of 17 million. I need advice please. Thank you.

Why this school?
Your response was not impressive..
How's the SOA? Any lump sum?
What have you been doing.. My take , this was not well organized.

What's the school?

I think you'll be fine. You need some personal work on how to respond.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 7:24am On Jun 12, 2019
Temi87:

which school is it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 7:26am On Jun 12, 2019
segunbolawole:
Please guys... Bracelum, time2win, brown, lagosismyhome and others, quick question, and would it be okay if I draw the attention of the VO to transaction history BTW me and my sponsor in which I used to pay my tuition deposit to the school?

Kindly share your opinions. Mbok!

Yes.. Likely when she asks why would your sponsor want to fund you.. This is a strong proof to show .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tmd(f): 7:29am On Jun 12, 2019
Thank you. Her Interview is next week, I called the embassy and I was told I shouldn't schedule our appointments together but come along with her since am her employee, so outcome would be known next week.

Milkshakes01:
Congratulations ma. Did you later try or are you still going to try the domestic help thing?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Temi87: 7:33am On Jun 12, 2019
Yes maybe my response to why the school wasn’t that impressive but it’s honestly why I chose it. I didn’t want to do a masters in construction management as that’s more limiting and I can still parlay the masters in project management in other sectors. What kind of response can I say to that question. Thank you
There were various lump sums there but that’s the capital she uses for her business, about 4.2 million and it’s always returned with profits.
I’ll organise my answer and post a new proposed transcript. The school is Missouri State University thank you for your time.
Brown2Green:

Why this school?
Your response was not impressive..
How's the SOA? Any lump sum?
What have you been doing.. My take , this was not well organized.

What's the school?

I think you'll be fine. You need some personal work on how to respond.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tmd(f): 7:34am On Jun 12, 2019
Thank you.

bracelum:

Emory is a solid school!

Congrats and enjoy your career!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 7:41am On Jun 12, 2019
Pefuele:

Total credit:N406,689,020
Total debit:N401,727,376.41
This is for the last six months .
Account has 25pages.
Account was busy with inflow and outflow.

Bro, what is the deficit? this shows a current balance of about 5m , or what is the balance on the statement?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ogunwandetosin: 7:41am On Jun 12, 2019
Good morning gurus, pls help me check my proposed visa interview transcript...
V.o: Y r u goin to d US?
Me: I am goin to d US for my masters degree program in biochemistry and biotechnology at d Eastern Illinois university, Charleston.

V.o: How did u knw abt dis skool?
Me: I made an extensive online research abt my program of choice and got a list of schools dat offer d program and then went ahead to individually check the schools websites before settling for EIU.

V.o: Tell me abt ur program
Me: The master of biochemistry and biotechnology program at EIU is an advanced interdisciplinary program wit courses taken from 3 diff depts, d biological science dept, chemistry dept as well as d business dept. D program comprises a 34 semester hour curriculum wich is split into 19 SH of core courses, 9 SH of elective courses and 6 SH of internship. Durin dis program, I'll take a total of 9 courses which are.... (list my courses)

V.o: Whta's ur highest degree?
Me: I av a BSc in biochemistry from Bleep Uni

V.o: Year of grad?
Me: 2017

V.o: Wat av u been duin?
Me: In Dec 2018, I started working at Bleep ltd as an healthcare assistant to d pharmacist. I help in reading prescriptions and also assist d pharmacists in dispensing OTC medications to patients. Also, I help to collect biological samples from patients for laboratory clinical investigations like FBS, FBC, MPW, BCT(Will mention d abbreviations in full)

V.o: How many applications?
Me: 3. EIU, USC, Uwindsor.

V.o: How many admits?
Me: For nw, I av only gotten an offer from EIU but sincs itz my first choice, I decided to accept d offer Nd move on wit my visa application.

V.o: Why EIU?
Me: What mainly captivated me abt EIU is d opportunity to work wit Prof Britto Nathan in his neurological laboratory where he has an on-goin research project using biochemical substances to study d pathogenesis of brain cell damage in aged humans which leads to dementia such as Alzheimer's disease and this is a project I'm really interested in bcuz psycho-neurological disorders require adequate medical attention especially in 3rd world countries like my country Nigeria where mental decline is still being ignored and seen as a normal part of d aging process. His project is being funded by the Alzheimer's association and d US National Institute Of Health.
Secondly, d EIU master of biochemistry and biotechnology program is capstoned wit an internship placement instead of d usual thesis which other programs have. This internship placement will help give me a hands-on industrial and real-life practical experience to adequately prepare me for life after studies which is d labour market.

V.o: Why dis course?
Me: Biochemistry plays a very pivotal role in d daily human healthcare practise. Dis program will help equip me wit d necessary skills required to work in d scientific research laboratory wit oda healthcare practitioners to provide preventions and cures to various human diseases, using a wide range of modern molecular, biochemical and cellular techniques.

V.o: Can u tell me some of d courses u'll be taking?
Me: Techniques in biotechnology, cell physiology, advanced biochem(list all 9 courses)

V.o: Wich of ur cousres is more of interest to u and y?
Me: Medicinal chemistry is more of interest to me and datz bcuz medicinal chemistry is d chemistry of drugs. D medicinal chemistry course will also take me 2ru d basics of pharmacology. Pharmacology is d study of drugs and body interactions, nd dis is a vry vital course for anybody like myself who plans to go into d production of pharmaceuticals. I'll get to knw abt drugs, wat dey do to d body and how d body handles dem wen administered.

V.o: Can u tell me some of ur professors?
Me: Dr Tom Canam who is my academic advisor nd will take me bioenergy nd bioresources during my program, Dr melody who will take me organizational behaviour, Dr Edward who will take me medicinal chemistry, Dr Britto Nat who will take me neurobiology...

V.o: Wat will dis course do for u?
Me: D vast knowledge acquired from dis program will help build me to fully launch into d research nd development of new quality drugs and drug products to help improve pples health, increase deir life span and drastically reduce d mortality rate of life threatening diseases like Cancer, Parkinson's...

V.o: Plan after graduation?
Me: After my program, I plan to come bak to Nigeria to secure a job in a multinational pharmaceutical company like Pfizer, Novartis, Sanofi. It is my plan to work wit dem for a period of abt 5-7yrs to gather some experience, after which I'll move on to set up my own biopharmaceutical firm, also here in Nigeria.

V.o: Can u tell me some cities close to ur skool?
Me: Mattoon, Lincoln, Champaign, Chicago.

V.o: Who's gonna pay for dis?
Me: My dad. He's d CEO of Bleep Ltd, a reputable freight forwarding company based here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 7:45am On Jun 12, 2019
Temi87:
Yes maybe my response to why the school wasn’t that impressive but it’s honestly why I chose it. I didn’t want to do a masters in construction management as that’s more limiting and I can still parlay the masters in project management in other sectors. What kind of response can I say to that question. Thank you
There were various lump sums there but that’s the capital she uses for her business, about 4.2 million and it’s always returned with profits.
I’ll organise my answer and post a new proposed transcript. The school is Missouri State University thank you for your time.

Visa interview is all about tailoring your words in a way it creates a positive impression to the VO. So it is not about how it impresses you but how it impresses the VO.

Because to them every non-immigrant is a potential immigrant until proven otherwise.

Your SOA, how was the cash flow?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 7:56am On Jun 12, 2019
Thank you. Would pay keen attention to when I can feed that info in even if she doesn't ask the question.

Thanks for ur opinion

Brown2Green:

Yes.. Likely when she asks why would your sponsor want to fund you.. This is a strong proof to show .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 8:02am On Jun 12, 2019
segunbolawole:
Thank you. Would pay keen attention to when I can feed that info in even if she doesn't ask the question.

Thanks for ur opinion

Yes. Also when she's going through the pages of the SOA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 8:09am On Jun 12, 2019
Olumuyiwalasode:

Bro, what is the deficit? this shows a current balance of about 5m , or what is the balance on the statement?

Current balance=Opening Balance+Net Cash flow
Opening Balance is N28m
Closing balance is N28m+N5m=N33m
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Floriyadi: 8:09am On Jun 12, 2019
clapper04:

Thanks for this boss. Pure math is a pain. I'm not treading that path again, computational and applied math all the way.
Haha. I understand. Pure mathematics looks like quantitative philosophy. Purity, abstraction, rigour, and beauty are central. For all its abstraction, very deep results in number theory have found use in cryptography and cyber security. Graph theory is used extensively in traffic modelling in transportation engineering. Pure mathematics is God's way of talking with men.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 8:10am On Jun 12, 2019
Yes... Thank you so much, I've only made my proposed transcript on audio, I will appreciate if I could be evaluated that way here, but then I'd still post my transcript here
Brown2Green:

Yes. Also when she's going through the pages of the SOA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 8:11am On Jun 12, 2019
Ogunwandetosin:
Good morning gurus, pls help me check my proposed visa interview transcript...
V.o: Y r u goin to d US?
Me: I am goin to d US for my masters degree program in biochemistry and biotechnology at d Eastern Illinois university, Charleston.

V.o: How did u knw abt dis skool?
Me: I made an extensive online research abt my program of choice and got a list of schools dat offer d program and then went ahead to individually check the schools websites before settling for EIU.

V.o: Tell me abt ur program
Me: The master of biochemistry and biotechnology program at EIU is an advanced interdisciplinary program wit courses taken from 3 diff depts, d biological science dept, chemistry dept as well as d business dept. D program comprises a 34 semester hour curriculum wich is split into 19 SH of core courses, 9 SH of elective courses and 6 SH of internship. Durin dis program, I'll take a total of 9 courses which are.... (list my courses)

V.o: Whta's ur highest degree?
Me: I av a BSc in biochemistry from Bleep Uni

V.o: Year of grad?
Me: 2017

V.o: Wat av u been duin?
Me: In Dec 2018, I started working at Bleep ltd as an healthcare assistant to d pharmacist. I help in reading prescriptions and also assist d pharmacists in dispensing OTC medications to patients. Also, I help to collect biological samples from patients for laboratory clinical investigations like FBS, FBC, MPW, BCT(Will mention d abbreviations in full)

V.o: How many applications?
Me: 3. EIU, USC, Uwindsor.

V.o: How many admits?
Me: For nw, I av only gotten an offer from EIU but sincs itz my first choice, I decided to accept d offer Nd move on wit my visa application.

V.o: Why EIU?
Me: What mainly captivated me abt EIU is d opportunity to work wit Prof Britto Nathan in his neurological laboratory where he has an on-goin research project using biochemical substances to study d pathogenesis of brain cell damage in aged humans which leads to dementia such as Alzheimer's disease and this is a project I'm really interested in bcuz psycho-neurological disorders require adequate medical attention especially in 3rd world countries like my country Nigeria where mental decline is still being ignored and seen as a normal part of d aging process. His project is being funded by the Alzheimer's association and d US National Institute Of Health.
Secondly, d EIU master of biochemistry and biotechnology program is capstoned wit an internship placement instead of d usual thesis which other programs have. This internship placement will help give me a hands-on industrial and real-life practical experience to adequately prepare me for life after studies which is d labour market.

V.o: Why dis course?
Me: Biochemistry plays a very pivotal role in d daily human healthcare practise. Dis program will help equip me wit d necessary skills required to work in d scientific research laboratory wit oda healthcare practitioners to provide preventions and cures to various human diseases, using a wide range of modern molecular, biochemical and cellular techniques.

V.o: Can u tell me some of d courses u'll be taking?
Me: Techniques in biotechnology, cell physiology, advanced biochem(list all 9 courses)

V.o: Wich of ur cousres is more of interest to u and y?
Me: Medicinal chemistry is more of interest to me and datz bcuz medicinal chemistry is d chemistry of drugs. D medicinal chemistry course will also take me 2ru d basics of pharmacology. Pharmacology is d study of drugs and body interactions, nd dis is a vry vital course for anybody like myself who plans to go into d production of pharmaceuticals. I'll get to knw abt drugs, wat dey do to d body and how d body handles dem wen administered.

V.o: Can u tell me some of ur professors?
Me: Dr Tom Canam who is my academic advisor nd will take me bioenergy nd bioresources during my program, Dr melody who will take me organizational behaviour, Dr Edward who will take me medicinal chemistry, Dr Britto Nat who will take me neurobiology...

V.o: Wat will dis course do for u?
Me: D vast knowledge acquired from dis program will help build me to fully launch into d research nd development of new quality drugs and drug products to help improve pples health, increase deir life span and drastically reduce d mortality rate of life threatening diseases like Cancer, Parkinson's...

V.o: Plan after graduation?
Me: After my program, I plan to come bak to Nigeria to secure a job in a multinational pharmaceutical company like Pfizer, Novartis, Sanofi. It is my plan to work wit dem for a period of abt 5-7yrs to gather some experience, after which I'll move on to set up my own biopharmaceutical firm, also here in Nigeria.

V.o: Can u tell me some cities close to ur skool?
Me: Mattoon, Lincoln, Champaign, Chicago.

V.o: Who's gonna pay for dis?
Me: My dad. He's d CEO of Bleep Ltd, a reputable freight forwarding company based here in Nigeria.

How did you hear about the school?
You might want to add a reference you used in searching.. The reference MUST be what your course is basically about.

How many admits?
1 so far. Make it simple

In why this course and what will this course do for you.. I didn't see any place you talked about your likely role and organization . Don't wait till they ask you what you'll be doing after Grad because of lately questions don't get to that before decisions are made.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Temi87: 8:12am On Jun 12, 2019
Okay. I’ll work on that. Thank you.
The total withdrawals for 6 months was 106,357,549 while total lodgements was 123,659,705. Closing balance was 17,400,793.
Brown2Green:

Visa interview is all about tailoring your words in a way it creates a positive impression to the VO. So it is not about how it impresses you but how it impresses the VO.

Because to them every non-immigrant is a potential immigrant until proven otherwise.

Your SOA, how was the cash flow?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by orimahspence: 8:28am On Jun 12, 2019
Time2win:

What's the deficit on your i20? For this details you posted, you have N4,961,644 as balance and it clearly shows you don't have enough money in the account. Highest scholarship giving by University of new haven is 50% and deficit is 22,405$ unless you were given provost assistanship.

There is always Balance Brought Forward on SOA , and that could be 28m+

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 12, 2019
tmd:
Thank you.

Don't worry about not getting fully funded. You're in a good place and if you play your game well, $44K per year will be insignificant compared to the gains you will get from your network and the Emory brand.

I've got two advice for you;

1. Work closely with your classmates (who should be smart and well-accomplished people): This is the greatest benefit of attending elite schools because most of your classmates are smart and well-accomplished. Those individuals will be the future leaders in the society. When you build friendships with them and compete with them, you will discover that you will keep pushing yourself harder and you will keep improving. Compete with them in class, extracurriculars and the job search. You will discover how transformative your Emory experience will be after two years.

This is just like the Ronaldo vs Messi competition. When Ronaldo sees Messi doing great, he becomes motivated to do better and vice versa. The healthy competition impoves both of them simultaneously. This is one of the biggest benefits of attending an elite school with super-smart classmates.

2. Build your network: Emory (just like other elite colleges) hire the very best Professors. These Professors have tons of industry connections through industry experience in top organizations. You won't be surprised to see leaders of top organizations in your faculty (yeah, those elite schools pay tons of $$ to hire the best faculty). So, try and build connections with those Professors and get them in your network. You don't need to network with every Professor, but make sure that by the time of graduation, you have 5 Professors (with solid connections) that you can comfortable claim to have a solid relationship with.

Do not limit your network to your Professors. Check your alumni resources. Your school should have notable alumni in top organizations and they will be willing to connect with an Emory student. If you're lucky to have a strong connection with an accomplished alum who knows many other accomplished people, you're set for life . It happens a lot!!!

So, these two benefits are what you're paying $44K per year to acquire. To be honest, you can't put a price tag on them because they are invaluable. So, make sure you spend significant time building your network and leveraging all the benefits Emory has to give you. Five years from now, $44K per year will mean nothing to you.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 12, 2019
Temi87:

What is the name of your school and program?

You have good test scores and shouldn't be getting a rejection.

What is your GPA too?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Temi87: 9:01am On Jun 12, 2019
Missouri state university, masters in project management. My GPA was 3.05/5 though she never asked for my GPA. She worked with my 1-20 and bank statement only, she didn’t ask to see my GRE or TOEFL.
bracelum:

What is the name of your school and program?

You have good test scores and shouldn't be getting a rejection.

What is your GPA too?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 9:03am On Jun 12, 2019
orimahspence:

There is always Balance Brought Forward on SOA , and that could be 28m+

Riddle already solved grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.