Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,629 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1357578 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:55am On Jan 04, 2020
sirhamilton:

I can relate

Hummm how did I unfollow this thread by mistake ..... cheesy .

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 2:26am On Jan 04, 2020
Chibzee2:

said should be o, was just a straight conversion i did. if it is more, then i am literally jumping up right now grin grin, cause id be glad as i will be favoured as well o.
that means 3.62/5.0 will give me well over 3.0/4.0 right?

I had 3.69/5.0 and it was evaluated as 3.29/4.0
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheNoble007(m): 3:00am On Jan 04, 2020
LagosismyHome:

The journey is to long , even with freezer bag it would defrost and can pour everywhere and become a mess . ................No need jare . Go with the ingredient and the recipe instead or check youtube on how to make it . ALso cooked meat is a major problem as it is prohibited , some POE dont allow indomine due to the chicken spice how much more the actual cooked chicken or meat

In general, you should avoid bringing fruits, vegetables, chicken, and meat (raw or cooked) into the US

Lol... Some Nigerians are just so funny... Frozen soup to the US...?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dgreatestt: 4:47am On Jan 04, 2020
bamiDee1:
I thought you only apply for funding after you have been offered admission by the school. Well, perhaps not applicable to Kansas state University.

Yeah, for Kansas State, you will have to apply for funding while filling your application.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phrank1222: 4:48am On Jan 04, 2020
[quote author=bamiDee1 post=85469600]I am. Are you following this thread? https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre/532#85463621

I think you should.

[Alright, thanks... can you share your contact if you don’t mind so that we could influence each other positively on whatsapp if you don’t mind]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dgreatestt: 4:50am On Jan 04, 2020
Evans211:

Oh... yes, i did mention Kansas state Uni. Just so I get you straight, do you mean Affidavit of support or bank statement? I’d like to keep in touch.

Kindly drop your contact if you don’t mind.

Hi, No, I'm asking about how you showed/applied for funding for the school.

Btw, did you apply to Kansas State?

I have emailed you on here, kindly respond. We can connect from there
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phrank1222: 4:51am On Jan 04, 2020
Share your contact make reason for WhatsApp if you don’t mind
PremiumTrends:
I see you actually modified my earlier post on the GRE thread, nice one grin. As long as we share the same dreams of a greater future, it's all about love my guy. We fit link up sef

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ozor1Iyanga: 11:53am On Jan 04, 2020
Happy New Year, Broski's!

Respected advisers,
I had planned to apply for a UG program Fall2020. But my Test score was alittle above a thousand. hence, the need to resit for the test in December and the result (1440) was far more favourable to my cause- getting a full tuition or Fullride scholarship.

I resolved to wait until fall 2021 to apply, since most colleges give huge funding during fall terms, however if I could get any offer in spring 2020, I don't mind taking it.

@Attached below is my Waec result ( 2017)
English A1
Mathematics A1
Biology B3
Chemistry B3
Physics C6
Economic B3
Government A1
marketing A1
Civic Education B2

Not sure how I can check my GPA, any recommendation?

again, I am not 18ish or 19, I'd be 23 this year. (Just finished ND1)

Please Brethen, I need your honest advice/recommendations on schools that can give me a full ride scholarship.

CC@MummyLagosismyhome, @Fairheart, @Walspring.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ozor1Iyanga:
Happy New Year, Broski's!

Respected advisers,
I had planned to apply for a UG program Fall2020. But my Test score was alittle above a thousand. hence, the need to resit for the test in December and the result (1440) was far more favourable to my cause- getting a full tuition or Fullride scholarship.

I resolved to wait until fall 2021 to apply, since most colleges give huge funding during fall terms, however if I could get any offer in spring 2020, I don't mind taking it.

@Attached below is my Waec result ( 2017)
English A1
Mathematics A1
Biology B3
Chemistry B3
Physics C6
Economic B3
Government A1
marketing A1
Civic Education B2

Not sure how I can check my GPA, any recommendation?

again, I am not 18ish or 19, I'd be 23 this year. (Just finished ND1)

Please Brethen, I need your honest advice/recommendations on schools that can give me a full ride scholarship.

CC@MummyLagosismyhome, @Fairheart, @Walspring.

Google HBCU and then check schools under there. They usually have good full ride scholarships. I am not so current anymore on scholarship but I recall HBCU used to be good in that

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by favouredtk: 1:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
I made this mistake.... Pls don't try to lay hands on new materials at this time.... Monday is too close for that. As much as possible don't do any serious reading a day to your test and have a good night's sleep too.
Go along with banana or apple for break time.
Success!
adurajoseph:
if you don't mind me asking, I am writing my GRE on Monday. can you share tips that helped you? also, how long dis you use to prepare?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by boasty(f): 2:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hello Nairalanders, thank you so much for your contributions

Please is there a student of university of central Missouri here?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2020
JejeIsLife:
Good day everyone I never knew travel section existed on Nairaland however I was deny admission by Cleveland university.

The following is how everything started...

I am graduate of a polytechnic (mechanical Engineering) here in Nigerian graduated with pass and knew from the onset that travelling to the U.S isn't possible via student visa; with human reasoning, but there was these agent my mum was working with it to help process the admission.

As a learned person I told my mum travelling to u.s via student visa isn't possible due to my grade but the agent convinced her that its possible as he was the one that help her process her travelling to the u.s. I knew he wanted to syphons my mum but I never argue. He collected N220k to do the admission
[s][/s]
Fast forward to the requirements section i never wrote any [s]international exam such as TOEFL GRE SAT e.t.c, I never knew how he did it to scale through this section[/s]

so, come this Oct I was given denied admission stating that ''they regretted not given me admission as there are too many population and the files submitted''

All been done and said, I'm still optimistic and my question is ''is it possible for someone with pass to travel via students visa'', what other possible ways could one travel to the U.S?

Note my mum is currently in the u.s, working as a care Nurse, she was give visa cos she looks like a granny with her white hair - my opinion though.
Lmao I'm sorry to laugh but that last part got me laughing hard
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Imhans(m): 5:32am On Jan 05, 2020
Ekunsgreat:
call me 0907 711 9791
This line is not going pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gozychuks(m): 7:31am On Jan 05, 2020
Can I take one month old SOA to the embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gozychuks(m): 7:32am On Jan 05, 2020
Can I take one month old SOA to the embassy. Actually 1 month and 1 week.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 11:35am On Jan 05, 2020
I'm not sure but my friend got her visa approved last month with a bank statement that stopped at October
Gozychuks:
Can I take one month old SOA to the embassy. Actually 1 month and 1 week.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 11:36am On Jan 05, 2020
Good day everyone, question for gurus in the house, fall admission doesn’t start till sometimes in July or August and I’m planning on applying for visa by February, is this advisable? I mean judging that the schools admission is still quite far.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Officialhow(m): 11:58am On Jan 05, 2020
Please GURUs in the house! Which website can i search for grad schools based on funding availability?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2020
thekingofafrica:
Good day everyone, question for gurus in the house, fall admission doesn’t start till sometimes in July or August and I’m planning on applying for visa by February, is this advisable? I mean judging that the schools admission is still quite far.

You can only apply for visa 120days before your resumption. So calculate it. And yes, February is too soon
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 12:47pm On Jan 05, 2020
I’d like to know if my ielts result will be submitting to my prospective schools within that 14 days wait or I will only be opportune to send it after 14 days ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2020
thekingofafrica:
Have you gotten your I-20?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 1:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
Officialhow:
Please GURUs in the house! Which website can i search for grad schools based on funding availability?
Navigation of the school website will be better
Usnews, webometric are also good sites
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
thekingofafrica:

Some Fall admission starts February and decision of funding comes a week or two later, depending on the school interests to fund. Fall resumption is towards July/August like you emphasized... So if you have already submitted an application, Wait until decision is made by the school...

Visa application can start by March/April once u get your i20.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sharon8: 1:32pm On Jan 05, 2020
Good day everyone, please I'm trying to fill the online visa application form and there are only columns for first name and surname. If a person has a middle name, can it be written in the same column with the first name? I'm just confused, I'll be glad if anyone can help. Thanks in advance!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 2:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
thekingofafrica:
I’d like to know if my ielts result will be submitting to my prospective schools within that 14 days wait or I will only be opportune to send it after 14 days ?
someone help answer please ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2020
Sharon8:
Good day everyone, please I'm trying to fill the online visa application form and there are only columns for first name and surname. If a person has a middle name, can it be written in the same column with the first name? I'm just confused, I'll be glad if anyone can help. Thanks in advance!

Write just the first and last name as requested
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sharon8: 4:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
solihp:

Write just the first and last name as requested
Okay, thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kentz3: 10:08pm On Jan 05, 2020
Good day guys,a friend is going to the abuja USA embassy through flight.
Please how can he get his way to the USA embassy from the Abuja airport and do u av idea of how far the airport is to the embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Enasdan(m): 10:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
NewAjala:

Mikon institute at boundary road is an approved center. I wrote there.
thanks so much for your suggestions, please I just want to confirm, if you register with them directly at the centre or you pick the seating centre directly from ETS website during your registration? thanks once again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by presiade(m): 10:41pm On Jan 05, 2020
Kentz3:
Good day guys,a friend is going to the abuja USA embassy through flight.
Please how can he get his way to the USA embassy from the Abuja airport and do u av idea of how far the airport is to the embassy
Pick a cab from the airport to Area 10, tell cab you're going to Bolingo. Ask for Embassies (US, Canada, UK, etc are together) around Bolingo. I think about 1hr should be enough for your commute.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by rkarang: 11:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
Walspring:
It’s been a while my people here both old and new and also to those who contacted me via email many weeks or months ago asking about discounted offer for TOEFL TEST and GRE TEST and I promised to notify them if I hear from the benevolent guys, am pleased to announce that is available but limited offer and for those who knew within them they can’t afford all the cost but wants to write it to get GA or TA or RA or scholarship.

Kindly notify me back and I will reply even with my busy schedules.

#Onelove
#OneDream

I sent a PM again to be certain I’ll be dealing with d right Walsping.

So pls respond
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 11:35pm On Jan 05, 2020
rkarang:

I sent a PM again to be certain I’ll be dealing with d right Walsping.

So pls respond

pm replied.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.