Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (768) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1358863 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2020
Your previous denials may or may not have played a part. When was your previous denials?
Did you do at least a mock interview? your response to study plan was not the right response

Vision2:
Visa Denied ( 4 Attempts)

Date: 30-12-20

Spring admission
University: Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Scholarship:$7,697
Deficit: $28,531
Program: Masters in Mechanical Engineering

These my fourth attempt and I have collected Pink, white and green paper but same content message.
Kindly help with your advice and corrections.

Still trying to think how best I could have answered him. Hmmmm.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Amahjosh(m): 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2020
I will picked it up by January. I am not in Lagos; I sent my friend to pick it up by proxy but they said he can't collect my passport with a scanned Form at the Back of the white paper.
lawali:

Guess you, Amanjosh and Nwaada have pickup your passport btw yesterday and today. Just checking you both have passed that stage.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ge0grapher(m): 6:51pm On Dec 31, 2020
Can someone kindly tell me what COA means ??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 7:09pm On Dec 31, 2020
Sure your company can sponsor you, but does your 1-20 show that? or is it a combination of company support and family support? any funding? what age are you sir?

ArDun:
Hello!

I got delayed today as VO could not approve my VISA.
I got blue form 214(b)

Previous Experience. 2014, my ex wife won Visa lottery. I was a beneficiary of the lottery, upon Interview we were denied. Unfortunately, we divorced in 2017. Current Marital Status, I'm still divorced but in a relationship looking forward to marry soon!!!!

Interview experience.

VO: Good morning

Me: Good Morning Ma, compliments of the Season.

VO: Collected my documents, asked, where are you going?

Me: I'm going to Western Illinois University at Macomb, situated in Illinois state. For my Masters program in Biology.

VO: Which aspect of Biology?

Me: Environmental Biology.

VO: Where do you work?

Me: I was tensed, I mentioned P**** Services Environmental Ltd, instead of P**** Environmental Services Ltd.

VO: What do you do?

Me: I am an environmental Officer and specialized in Water Quality Analysis. I work on Both Groundwater (wells, boreholes) surface water (streams, lakes etc) I help to analyze the biochemical components chemicals such as heavy metals and bacteria load in the water. I compare the results with WHO standards and write a report to know if it's consumable or fit domestic uses etc. (at this point VO said it's OK)

VO: Why the school?

Me: I heard about the school from a stakeholder my company worked with. She did her master there and came back to the country to work with federal ministry of water resources. So I went further online to read about the school. I discovered there are well equipped laboratories, the courses to offer which are requisite to carry out my research work. Also, the school is known for innovative teaching, hands-on learning opportunities for students and career success.

VO: How did you hear about the School?

Me: When we carried out a Bioremediation project, one of the stakeholders introduced the school to me when I told her I need a school where I can carry out my research work.. So I went further online to browse the school.

VO: Who is sponsoring you?

Me: My father.

VO: What does He do?

Me: He's a contractor for Government on Rural Electrification project in South west region.

VO: Are you married?

Me: I gave a smile, I'm divorced.

VO: Any kids?

Me: No

VO: Any traveling experience?

Me: No.

VO, kept typing..............

Picked up a blue form and told me my visa can't be approved at the moment. I can try later. Wished me compliments.

Me: Thank you.

* Please can the expert in the house help me with the cause*****

*Also, do I have to maintain all information I gave during interview when I reapply or I can use other information*****

Information such as Married, Cox my wedding is few months.
Also, my company may sponsor me for the program. Cox I got a study leave already with full pay.

Please, I need help.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 7:10pm On Dec 31, 2020
Cost of attendance
Ge0grapher:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Goodwishes123: 8:55pm On Dec 31, 2020
psychologyshuby:
Please don’t say this. There are people who got approved on their 5th attempt. Please don’t give up.
I got approved on 5th attempt I tried sharing my transcripts but it was deleted maybe I will try and post it again

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Systrom(m): 9:15pm On Dec 31, 2020
Ge0grapher:
Total cost of what your program will eat up, which includes but not limited to:

Tuition
Living expenses / rent
Feeding expenses

Etc
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by caneberry: 10:44pm On Dec 31, 2020
Visa Approved

VO: Can I have your passport and documents?
Me: I pass them to him

VO: Checks my passport, is this your first time traveling abroad?
Me: Yes sir, my first time

VO: Oh good, so why are you going to the US?
Me: I am going for my master’s in Applied statistics and decision analytics, but it states statistics on my i-20. I reached out to the school and they said that is what is being recognized on the SEVIS system.

VO: What is your undergraduate degree?
Me: Estate Management, but I took some statistics courses in my 200 to 500 level. My interest in statistics started when I used SPSS to analyze the findings of my final year project. After my NYSC, I took up a position at *** as a Customer Data Analyst where I was involved in analyzing customer satisfaction surveys to improve service delivery. Currently I am an Operations Data Analyst for *** and I am involved in analyzing sales data to derive insights and develop interactive dashboards to track sales performance using tools like Microsoft Excel, Power BI, SQL, and SPSS. Now, my bachelor’s degree does not cut it anymore and I need this degree to advance in my professional career as a data analyst.

VO: cuts in…that’s okay, so I see you have been given a bit of scholarship and you have some deficits. Who will be taking care of them?
Me: My Paternal Aunt, she has been the one sponsoring my undergraduate education ever since my dad died in 2009

VO: cuts in…and what does she do
Me: She is a doctor

VO: How many kids does she have?
Me: She has 2 kids

VO: How many siblings do u have?
Me: 2 siblings. My brother is 23 and just got a job at ***, My Sister is 18 and she is in her second year.

VO: Smiling… So why don’t you go to the UK, since your aunt’s there, why US
Me: Smiling… US reputation was definitely a major factor…

VO: cuts in…. that’s nice. Typing…I will be returning your documents, Then I heard dem golden words…Your visa has been approved on the system, to be honest I cannot remember the rest. I was just nodding my head like an agama. He hands me the white paper…you will receive a message when your passport is ready.
Me: I collect my documents and the white paper…Thank you, have a nice day

VO: and you too.
ME: I walked out of the room with utter disbelief.

What really helped me was past transcripts. The day before my interview, I studied all the past transcipts i had, I also checked on Nairaland. It was like I was reading for an exam; I was like an attorney who had a case and needed to study past legal decisions, those that watched the series SUITS can relate.

Please be prepared and confident. I was so prepared. I practiced with my mirror. I had answers on my fingertips and because of this, I was not nervous at all. Lastly do your research, the person after me was denied, apparently, she used an agency for her application and didn’t fill her DS-160 herself. God that did mine, will do yours too. Happy New Year.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EmancipatorEmmy: 12:19am On Jan 01, 2021
caneberry:
Visa Approved
Date: 29th of Dec

Hahahahaha!
Congrats, Mike Ross Jnr.!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 12:28am On Jan 01, 2021
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
A YEAR OF PRESERVATION AND GENERATIONAL IMPACT
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 1:33am On Jan 01, 2021
Happy New year to everyone!!!
Please, if your status is "administrative processing" what does it mean?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EncephalonPikin(m): 2:19am On Jan 01, 2021
Happy New Year Fam
Oga Justwise, we're overdue for another thread na
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vincent7000(m): 3:11am On Jan 01, 2021
ArDun:
Hello!

I got delayed today as VO could not approve my VISA.
I got blue form 214(b)

Previous Experience. 2014, my ex wife won Visa lottery. I was a beneficiary of the lottery, upon Interview we were denied. Unfortunately, we divorced in 2017. Current Marital Status, I'm still divorced but in a relationship looking forward to marry soon!!!!

Interview experience.

VO: Good morning

Me: Good Morning Ma, compliments of the Season.

VO: Collected my documents, asked, where are you going?

Me: I'm going to Western Illinois University at Macomb, situated in Illinois state. For my Masters program in Biology.

VO: Which aspect of Biology?

Me: Environmental Biology.

VO: Where do you work?

Me: I was tensed, I mentioned P**** Services Environmental Ltd, instead of P**** Environmental Services Ltd.

VO: What do you do?

Me: I am an environmental Officer and specialized in Water Quality Analysis. I work on Both Groundwater (wells, boreholes) surface water (streams, lakes etc) I help to analyze the biochemical components chemicals such as heavy metals and bacteria load in the water. I compare the results with WHO standards and write a report to know if it's consumable or fit domestic uses etc. (at this point VO said it's OK)

VO: Why the school?

Me: I heard about the school from a stakeholder my company worked with. She did her master there and came back to the country to work with federal ministry of water resources. So I went further online to read about the school. I discovered there are well equipped laboratories, the courses to offer which are requisite to carry out my research work. Also, the school is known for innovative teaching, hands-on learning opportunities for students and career success.

VO: How did you hear about the School?

Me: When we carried out a Bioremediation project, one of the stakeholders introduced the school to me when I told her I need a school where I can carry out my research work.. So I went further online to browse the school.

VO: Who is sponsoring you?

Me: My father.

VO: What does He do?

Me: He's a contractor for Government on Rural Electrification project in South west region.

VO: Are you married?

Me: I gave a smile, I'm divorced.

VO: Any kids?

Me: No

VO: Any traveling experience?

Me: No.

VO, kept typing..............

Picked up a blue form and told me my visa can't be approved at the moment. I can try later. Wished me compliments.

Me: Thank you.

* Please can the expert in the house help me with the cause*****

*Also, do I have to maintain all information I gave during interview when I reapply or I can use other information*****

Information such as Married, Cox my wedding is few months.
Also, my company may sponsor me for the program. Cox I got a study leave already with full pay.

Please, I need help.
You need to speak to a professional ..like fairheart to advice you better ..the issue here is not your answer but other factors such as age ,and previous interview history

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jidebambam: 4:07am On Jan 01, 2021
caneberry:
Visa Approved

First, I want to thank the almighty God for his divine favor and for completing this year with testimony for me, I don’t believe in miracles but now I do. I started this journey since May 2019 when I wrote my GRE for Fall 2020.
I scheduled an appointment with Lagos, got April 16th, applied for expediate but was denied. I heard on Nairaland that Abuja had released dates. I quickly filled another DS-160, scheduled another appointment with Abuja and picked December 28th. I later found out that it was a public holiday, and I mailed the embassy to reschedule my appointment, but they replied that they will open for business on that day. A week to my interview, I got a mail that my appointment has been rescheduled, I logged in and saw 29th of Dec. I was glad because some had theirs moved to 5th of Jan.
I heard about the infamous Black Man and I really didn’t want to be biased about who will be interviewing me, so I tried not to think about it. The interview was slated for 09:00am and I got there by 08:12. I had to print another DS-160 confirmation page for 3k and 1k for my phone to be kept. As I was walking into the embassy, I spoke into my passport that I would not go home with it. I prayed for God to grant me favor and be ahead of me in every step (I am not a prayerful person, lemme nor lie but I had never been serious about anything in my life). While I was doing my biometrics, I noticed that only one window was interviewing applicants. When I went inside for my interview, behold it was the White Man.

University: Western Illinois University
Deficit: $21,770k
Housing: $2000k
Program: Master’s in applied Statistics and decision analytics
Undergraduate degree: Estate Management
GPA: 3.25/4.0
GRE: 301

Me: I am going for my master’s in applied statistics and decision analytics, but it states statistics on my i-20. I reached out to the school and they said that is what is being recognized on the SEVIS system.

VO: Please adjust your face mask
Me: oh okay

Me: Estate Management, but I took some statistics courses in my 200 to 500 level. My interest in statistics started when I used SPSS to analyze the findings of my final year project. After my NYSC, I took up a position at *** as a Customer Data Analyst where I was involved in analyzing customer satisfaction surveys to improve service delivery. Currently I am an Operations Data Analyst for *** and I am involved in analyzing sales data to derive insights and develop interactive dashboards to track sales performance using tools like Microsoft Excel, Power BI, SQL, and SPSS. Now, my bachelor’s degree does not cut it anymore and I need this degree to advance in my professional career as a data analyst.

VO: cuts in…that’s okay, so I see you have been given a bit of scholarship and you have some deficits. Who will be taking care of them?
Me: My Paternal Aunt, she has been the one sponsoring my undergraduate education ever since my dad died in 2009

Me: She is a practicing optometrist at *** in the UK

Me: She has 2 kids, Ada is 13, Olu is 9

Me: 2 siblings. My brother is 23 and just got a job at ***, My Sister is 18 and she is in her second year.

VO: cuts in…. that’s nice. Typing…I will be returning your documents. (when he said this, I was so confused. In my mind, I was like please ask me more questions, ask what this degree will do for me, ask me what I intend to do after this program. I even wore my work ID card, I had my study leave approval letter). Then I heard dem golden words…Your visa has been approved on the system, to be honest I cannot remember the rest. I was just nodding my head like an agama. He hands me the white paper…you will receive a message when your passport is ready.

ME: I walked out of the room with utter disbelief. When I got outside, I checked the white paper to read it, I couldn’t see properly. I was even looking for my passport…did I forget it? Where is my i-20? I couldn’t believe it, Me…I got my Visa...Issalie…Just like that. The first person I called was my mother…She started crying.

Guys, all this happened in 3 minutes, E shock me. It was a miracle. What really helped me was past transcripts. The day before my interview, I studied all the past transcipts i had, I also checked on Nairaland. It was like I was reading for an exam; I was like an attorney who had a case and needed to study past legal decisions, those that watched the series SUITS can relate.

Please be prepared and confident. I was so prepared. I practiced with my mirror. I had answers on my fingertips and because of this, I was not nervous at all. In fact, while I was on the seated queue, I was still gisting and others were looking so serious. Also, try to gesticulate with your hands and make the interview flow like a conversation. The guy before me did this and was approved even when he said he didn’t know what his dad does for a living.

Lastly do your research, the person after me was denied, apparently, she used an agency for her application and didn’t fill her DS-160 herself. She was asked to list the schools she applied to, she did and the V.O asked for one of the school’s location and she didn’t know.

God that did mine, will do yours too. Happy New Year.

Congratulations! Did you pick your passport already?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jidebambam: 4:09am On Jan 01, 2021
Hello House,

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to pick passport in Lagos if you interviewed in Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jidebambam: 4:18am On Jan 01, 2021
solihp:

Yes, his status would be on administrative processing first, it will change to issued soon.

Yes, it changed to issued the next and passport ready for pick up. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by caneberry: 4:31am On Jan 01, 2021
Jidebambam:

Congratulations! Did you pick your passport already?
No, will pick up on Monday
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abisolaitan: 6:13am On Jan 01, 2021
Visa issued 31/12/2020 at Lagos Consulate (what a sweet way to end the unusual year 2020)
School: Bowie State University
Course: Management Information Systems
Funding: None
Sponsor: My Uncle
A black woman interviewed me

Q: Where are you going?
A: I am going to BSU for a masters degree in Management Information Systems

Q: Why Bowie?
A: Bowie’s curriculum matches what I want from the degree,I am an auditor and I currently face a major challenge auditing my clients whose accounting system is digital. Having checked BSU’s curriculum,I observed it offers a particular course (INSS 770) which focuses on audit of an information system and I believe this particular course will equip will the skill needed to tackle my challenges at work

Q:You are an auditor,what did you study in your Bachelors degree?
A: Agricultural Economics but I started my professional study while in school,so I am a chartered accountant and also a member of the Association of Accounting Technician West Africa

Q: Where will you be staying and who will fund your study
A: I would be renting a place in the school or outside. I have a contact person in the school, the admission cordinator and my program advisor (mentioned their names). I have been in contact with them and they have assured me to help get a place once I get my visa and my uncle will be funding my study, told her his name and mentioned what he does.
(The Principal partner of the firm I work)

Q: Is your job still valid upon your return
A: Yes, I am going as a representative of my firm,the goal is to build a team of experts in information system audit upon my return

She then asked if I have ever travelled out of Nigeria,am I single or married,do I have siblings,where are they and what do they do? (I have a sister in the US but I dint disclose that in my DS160,so I sticked to that during my interview)
Where are my parents,do I live alone?
And she gave me the white paper and told me the details about how I will get my passport is in it and I should remember to take my i20 along when traveling

In my opinion,it’s is more of a function of God’s grace
Yes adequate preparation goes a long way but it doesn’t determine the outcome.Please pray and be yourself,do not be tensed.Act like you are not bothered whether you are given or not, do not act like you are desperate.Keep your gaze on the VO,don’t be intimidated or afraid
Wishing everyone all the best and Happy New Year 2021

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nwaada: 6:26am On Jan 01, 2021
lawali:

Guess you, Amanjosh and Nwaada have pickup your passport btw yesterday and today. Just checking you both have passed that stage.

I picked up mine on Wednesday. Was ready for pickup on Tuesday
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ArDun: 6:35am On Jan 01, 2021
vincent7000:

You need to speak to a professional ..like fairheart to advice you better ..the issue here is not your answer but other factors such as age ,and previous interview history

Thank you very much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ArDun: 6:52am On Jan 01, 2021
vincent7000:

Please how do I get @Fairheart contact, email?

I would appreciate it if you help me with His email. Thank you so much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 7:30am On Jan 01, 2021
Jidebambam:
Hello House,

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to pick passport in Lagos if you interviewed in Abuja?
4 working days.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 8:27am On Jan 01, 2021
Nwaada:

I picked up mine on Wednesday. Was ready for pickup on Tuesday

When were you approved?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jolek15: 10:04am On Jan 01, 2021
Iaquintar:

If you already have spring I-20, continue with it. You should meet up. Fill your DS160, pay SEVIS, MRV fees and book an appointment right away!.

Pls does one need to pay SEVIS fee and MRV fee before one can book an appointment or you can book appointment after paying Visa Application fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by favouredtk: 10:49am On Jan 01, 2021
Jolek15:

Pls does one need to pay SEVIS fee and MRV fee before one can book an appointment or you can book appointment after paying Visa Application fee?

MRV fee is the same as visa application fee and once you pay that, you can book.
SEVIS fee can be paid later but must be paid at least 72 hours before your interview.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bashtundex(m): 11:08am On Jan 01, 2021
caneberry:
Visa Approved

First, I want to thank the almighty God for his divine favor and for completing this year with testimony for me, I don’t believe in miracles but now I do. I started this journey since May 2019 when I wrote my GRE for Fall 2020.
I scheduled an appointment with Lagos, got April 16th, applied for expediate but was denied. I heard on Nairaland that Abuja had released dates. I quickly filled another DS-160, scheduled another appointment with Abuja and picked December 28th. I later found out that it was a public holiday, and I mailed the embassy to reschedule my appointment, but they replied that they will open for business on that day. A week to my interview, I got a mail that my appointment has been rescheduled, I logged in and saw 29th of Dec. I was glad because some had theirs moved to 5th of Jan.
I heard about the infamous Black Man and I really didn’t want to be biased about who will be interviewing me, so I tried not to think about it. The interview was slated for 09:00am and I got there by 08:12. I had to print another DS-160 confirmation page for 3k and 1k for my phone to be kept. As I was walking into the embassy, I spoke into my passport that I would not go home with it. I prayed for God to grant me favor and be ahead of me in every step (I am not a prayerful person, lemme nor lie but I had never been serious about anything in my life). While I was doing my biometrics, I noticed that only one window was interviewing applicants. When I went inside for my interview, behold it was the White Man.

University: Western Illinois University
Deficit: $21,770k
Housing: $2000k
Program: Master’s in applied Statistics and decision analytics
Undergraduate degree: Estate Management
GPA: 3.25/4.0
GRE: 301

Me: I am going for my master’s in applied statistics and decision analytics, but it states statistics on my i-20. I reached out to the school and they said that is what is being recognized on the SEVIS system.

VO: Please adjust your face mask
Me: oh okay

Me: She is a practicing optometrist at *** in the UK

Me: She has 2 kids, Ada is 13, Olu is 9

VO: cuts in…. that’s nice. Typing…I will be returning your documents. (when he said this, I was so confused. In my mind, I was like please ask me more questions, ask what this degree will do for me, ask me what I intend to do after this program. I even wore my work ID card, I had my study leave approval letter). Then I heard dem golden words…Your visa has been approved on the system, to be honest I cannot remember the rest. I was just nodding my head like an agama. He hands me the white paper…you will receive a message when your passport is ready.

ME: I walked out of the room with utter disbelief. When I got outside, I checked the white paper to read it, I couldn’t see properly. I was even looking for my passport…did I forget it? Where is my i-20? I couldn’t believe it, Me…I got my Visa...Issalie…Just like that. The first person I called was my mother…She started crying.

Guys, all this happened in 3 minutes, E shock me. It was a miracle. What really helped me was past transcripts. The day before my interview, I studied all the past transcipts i had, I also checked on Nairaland. It was like I was reading for an exam; I was like an attorney who had a case and needed to study past legal decisions, those that watched the series SUITS can relate.

Please be prepared and confident. I was so prepared. I practiced with my mirror. I had answers on my fingertips and because of this, I was not nervous at all. In fact, while I was on the seated queue, I was still gisting and others were looking so serious. Also, try to gesticulate with your hands and make the interview flow like a conversation. The guy before me did this and was approved even when he said he didn’t know what his dad does for a living.

Lastly do your research, the person after me was denied, apparently, she used an agency for her application and didn’t fill her DS-160 herself. She was asked to list the schools she applied to, she did and the V.O asked for one of the school’s location and she didn’t know.

God that did mine, will do yours too. Happy New Year.
Congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vision2: 12:10pm On Jan 01, 2021
[quote author=Abisolaitan post=97603610]Visa issued 31/12/2020 at Lagos Consulate (what a sweet way to end the unusual year 2020)

A: Bowie’s curriculum matches what I want from the degree,I am an auditor and I currently face a major challenge auditing my clients whose accounting system is digital. Having checked BSU’s curriculum,I observed it offers a particular course (INSS 770) which focuses on audit of an information system and I believe this particular course will equip will the skill needed to tackle my challenges at work

A: Agricultural Economics but I started my professional study while in school,so I am a chartered accountant and also a member of the Association of Accounting Technician West Africa

A: I would be renting a place in the school or outside. I have a contact person in the school, the admission cordinator and my program advisor (mentioned their names). I have been in contact with them and they have assured me to help get a place once I get my visa and my uncle will be funding my study, told her his name and mentioned what he does.

A: Yes, I am going as a representative of my firm,the goal is to build a team of experts in information system audit upon my return

She then asked if I have ever travelled out of Nigeria,am I single or married,do I have siblings,where are they and what do they do? (I have a sister in the US but I dint disclose that in my DS160,so I sticked to that during my interview)
And she gave me the white paper and told me the details about how I will get my passport is in it and I should remember to take my i20 along when traveling

Yes adequate preparation goes a long way but it doesn’t determine the outcome.Please pray and be yourself,do not be tensed.Act like you are not bothered whether you are given or not, do not act like you are desperate.Keep your gaze on the VO,don’t be intimidated or afraid

Congratulations to you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vision2: 12:12pm On Jan 01, 2021
[quote author=Abisolaitan post=97603610]Visa issued 31/12/2020 at Lagos Consulate (what a sweet way to end the unusual year 2020)

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nwaada: 12:21pm On Jan 01, 2021
Ftos:

When were you approved?

21st of December
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Iaquintar(m): 1:29pm On Jan 01, 2021
Jolek15:

You have to pay MRV fee(visa application fee) before booking an appointment. Ensure SEVIS fee is paid at least 72hrs before interview date just like @favouredtk advised earlier.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Iaquintar(m): 1:37pm On Jan 01, 2021
Happy new year to everyone. Congratulations to those whose visas have been approved. May this year be filled with record breaking numbers of available timely interview slots and visa approval/success stories. Amen

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.