Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (766) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356706 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by KushCollectible: 9:05am On Dec 31, 2020
wahabaa:

Thank you for this. I got Dec 21. I am not sure it asked me if I was previously denied or not because I did it in a rush after seeing your message.

Hi there! How did your new interview go?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by KushCollectible: 9:11am On Dec 31, 2020
Hi guys!

Is there any fellow previously denied applicant that was able to secure a new date of recent?

All I can see on my dashboard is no date available.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MERCHANDISER: 9:31am On Dec 31, 2020
haywhy17:

This one is son of my father... I finished from animal science department with exactly same CGPA... currently running my MSc but wouldn't mind starting all over in a uni in the US.
I go buzz your WhatsApp soon.
You are welcome.It's my pleasure to meet you.Give me your let's reason.
Already, there is one school that offered me admission earlier this year but their tuition fee is too high 20k.I am looking for schools that offer partial or full scholarship or tuition lower than 5k dollars
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frapzkid: 9:36am On Dec 31, 2020
majorstark:

6months before march 2021
ok so you mean if i print a statement of account now (31st December 2020), i can use it till May 31st .
even if i withdraw the money sometime around march or february
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frapzkid: 9:48am On Dec 31, 2020
dNairaman:
Please I have 2 urgent questions as regards filling the ds 160 form...

1. How do I answer "who's paying for your trip"?
Does it just simply mean my sponsor??

2. If I'm currently self employed, how do I represent that while filling the present employment section??

Thanks for your reply...

Just thinking about this ,
I messed up in filling my form
I put self cos i was willing to pay for my flight to the usa.
but my family(mom) is my sponsor on my i20 and is my mom bank statement i intend to use.

i thought trip meant the flight alone.

please i wish to change this......
what can i do
fill another form
or explain to the VO when asked
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by majorstark: 9:51am On Dec 31, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abisolaitan: 10:04am On Dec 31, 2020
Rhonah:

Not needed.
Thank you
I am a silent reader here and I learnt a lot
Thanks to everyone that has shared their experience
I just finished my interview
Visa issued
Will post my transcript soon

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 10:31am On Dec 31, 2020
Abisolaitan:

Thank you
Visa issued

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vision2: 11:13am On Dec 31, 2020
Visa Denied ( 4 Attempts)

Date: 30-12-20

Spring admission
University: Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Scholarship:$7,697
Deficit: $28,531
Program: Masters in Mechanical Engineering

Transcript;

Me: Good morning, complements of the season

VO; Thanks, how was your holiday?

Me: Was great, spend my holidays with my family.

VO: Pass me your passport and F120

Me: Here sir

VO: What are plan of study?

Me: Classes start on the 19 of January 20 and I plan to maintain my status pay paying tuition and attending classes, then prepare to come back to Nigeria to continue work at my present company.

VO: Nodding his head... Where did you say you work again
Me: I mentioned again at Bleep as service mechanical engineer and told me job duties

VO: Place your hand on the scanner
Me: I did

VO: typing for a while... I can see you have a scholarship.

Me: Yes sir

VO: Who is your sponsor?

Me: My Mum, She is the Chief Medical director of Bleep hospital and has investment in landed properties and estates

VO: Typing and was nodding his head has he was going through the screen his system. after a short while he said " sorry your visa will not approve at this time but this paper will explain better.

Me: Paused for awhile and I "said sir can I ask you question?" From my previous interviews, no clear reason was given as of why the visa was not approved, now the same is given without any explanations, I don't mind if you can explain this sir.

VO: yes you can ask... I have seen your previous denials but am sorry that the only information I can share with you.

Me:Thanks and moved away for the next applicants

He didn't even ask questions I had in mind which I have prepared for.

These my fourth attempt and I have collected Pink, white and green paper but same content message.
Kindly help with your advice and corrections.

Still trying to think how best I could have answered him. Hmmmm.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Iaquintar(m): 11:13am On Dec 31, 2020
Abisolaitan:

Thank you
Visa issued

Congrats!!!. I also wish others who are preparing for theirs success.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 11:39am On Dec 31, 2020
Vision2:

Spring admission

Transcript;

Me: Classes start on the 19 of January 20 and I plan to maintain my status pay paying tuition and attending classes, then prepare to come back to Nigeria to continue work at my present company.

Me: I mentioned again at Bleep as service mechanical engineer and told me job duties

Me: My Mum, She is the Chief Medical director of Bleep hospital and has investment in landed properties and estates

VO: Typing and was nodding his head has he was going through the screen his system. after a short while he said " sorry your visa will not approve at this time but this paper will explain better.

Me: Paused for awhile and I "said sir can I ask you question?" From my previous interviews, no clear reason was given as of why the visa was not approved, now the same is given without any explanations, I don't mind if you can explain this sir.

VO: yes you can ask... I have seen your previous denials but am sorry that the only information I can share with you.

These my fourth attempt and I have collected Pink, white and green paper but same content message.

I think it has a lot to do with your previous applications than what happened today
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Iaquintar(m): 11:40am On Dec 31, 2020
Vision2:

Spring admission

Transcript;

I'm sorry for the denial. The future is definitely bright. Why not share more of your details such as first degree course of study, graduation year, age, standardized tests taken, e.t.c - I believe these will help the gurus in the house to better appraise your situation....

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 11:46am On Dec 31, 2020
Visa approved.
Lagos consulate.

- Previously refused
- CoA - $29k
-$2k funding
- Uncle as sponsor

Na God do this one o. My interview lasted over 25 minutes with the black lady in window 4. She denied two people in front of me. But God came through for me.

Transcripts later. Let me catch my breath.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 11:46am On Dec 31, 2020
Hello sorry about this. Kindly share previous denials so the gurus in the house can pin point what exactly went wrong. This is quite sad.
Vision2:

Spring admission

Transcript;

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vision2: 11:48am On Dec 31, 2020
Iaquintar:

I'm sorry for the denial. The future is definitely bright. Why not share more of your details such as first degree course of study, graduation year, age, standardized tests taken, e.t.c - I believe these will help the gurus in the house to better appraise your situation....

First degree: Mechanical Engineering
Graduation: 2014
Gre: waive from Tamuk
Score: 276
Previous admission was Southern New hemisphere university
Course: Information technology

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by signalBen: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2020
Good afternoon!
Is there anyone going to TAMUK this spring?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Iaquintar(m): 12:09pm On Dec 31, 2020
Vision2:

First degree: Mechanical Engineering
Graduation: 2014
Gre: waive from Tamuk
Score: 276
Previous admission was Southern New hemisphere university
Course: Information technology

While we await the gurus, it is good you've reconsidered mechanical engineering at masters level - that is more realistic considering your undergraduate study. Are you married?. Also, was your mum your sponsor in the previous applications?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Iaquintar(m): 12:11pm On Dec 31, 2020
Geewin69:
Visa approved.
Lagos consulate.

- Previously refused
- CoA - $29k
-$2k funding
- Uncle as sponsor

Na God do this one o. My interview lasted over 25 minutes with the black lady in window 4. She denied two people in front of me. But God came through for me.

Congratulations!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kinkymax: 12:14pm On Dec 31, 2020
Hello house,,i need an advice.. I had an admission for spring 2021 jan 19 as resumption but the admission came late arnd DEC 19..so I'm still at d stage of i20 so I wanted to defer to summer so i can have ample time for d visa processing but d school sent me an email yesterday that I can only defer to fall 2021. This I'm not comfortable with cos I feel is too far. Summer would hv bn perfect for me. I have another school that is resuming summer but I have not gotten admission yet from there. Now the question is 1) shld I defer til fall at the Ist school at the same time continue d application for the 2nd school that resumes summer ( note,, i hv accepted d offer of admission at d Ist schl). 2) can I still go ahead wt d spring Admission ...will I still be able to meet up wt Jan 19 resumption considering d time for visa processing. Pls I await your advice..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 12:15pm On Dec 31, 2020
Geewin69:
Visa approved.
Lagos consulate.

- Previously refused
- CoA - $29k
-$2k funding
- Uncle as sponsor

Congrats
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EmeritusR: 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2020
Visa denied!
Lagos consulate 31st of december 2020

it went like this, I was interviewed by the white old man.
school: Idaho state university, undergraduate
COA: $34,000

me: good morning and happy holiday
vo: good morning , please pass me your documents
me: I did as instructed
vo: how old are you?
me: I'm 22years old.
vo: at this age how were you able to work in a church missionary program?
me: yes after my school I went for a full-time missionary program which lasted for 2 years in Kenya, DR Congo and several other countries in africa have i travelled to.
vo: so I can see you have travelled before
me: yes I have.
vo: where you paid during this missionary service?
me: no I wasn't paid it is a voluntary missionary service, I devoted my time to the lord.
vo: I see you are going to Idaho state university for your undergraduate studies in biochemistry.
me: exactly you are correct.
vo: why this course
me: I am very passionate and interested on how our plants can become resistant to diseases, insects, droughts and other afflictions, so upon completion of this program I intent to become a biomedical scientist someday, so that I can carry out laboratory, biological and scientific test on tissue samples and fluids in order to help clinicians diagnose and treat diseases.
vo: that's fine so how did you heard about this school?
me: during my full time missionary service I had the privilege to meet with some of my colleagues that have attended this school, one of them completed his masters degree here and I saw the way this brother contributed greatly to the society because of the intelligence he had acquired from this school so that was how I learnt about the school.
vo: okay so who will be sponsoring you?
me: my dad
vo: what does he do?
me: he works in microfinance bank in my home city
vo: he works in what position?
me: I told him.
vo: did you dad gave you any of his financial documents?
me: yes.
vo: can I have them please.
me: I gave it to him.
vo: okay done checking it returned it back to me and he said is this the bank your dad works , this same bank that contains his statement of account.
me: no it is not the same bank.
vo: okay then he kept on typing for a very longtime before I handed the blue paper to me, sorry you are eligible for this visa at this time, do apply another time. thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2020
I guess we all know what went wrong. I’m sorry about this. Please give it your best shot next time. You will get it.
EmeritusR:
Visa denied!
Lagos consulate 31st of december 2020

it went like this, I was interviewed by the white old man.
school: Idaho state university, undergraduate
COA: $34,000

me: good morning and happy holiday
vo: good morning , please pass me your documents
me: I did as instructed
vo: how old are you?
me: I'm 22years old.
vo: at this age how were you able to work in a church missionary program?
me: yes after my school I went for a full-time missionary program which lasted for 2 and a half years which I represented my country in Kenya, DR Congo and several other countries in Africa.
vo: so I can see you have travelled before
me: yes I have.
vo: where you paid during this missionary service?
me: no I wasn't paid it is a voluntary missionary service, I devoted my time to the lord.
vo: I see you are going to Idaho state university for your undergraduate studies in biochemistry.
me: exactly you are correct.
vo: why this course
me: I am very passionate and interested on how our plants can become resistant to diseases, insects, droughts and other afflictions, so upon completion of this program I intent to become a biomedical scientist someday, so that I can carry out laboratory, biological and scientific test on tissue samples and fluids in order to help clinicians diagnose and treat diseases.
vo: that's fine so how did you heard about this school?
me: during my full time missionary service I had the privilege to meet with some of my colleagues that have attended this school, one of them completed his masters degree here and I saw the way this brother contributed greatly to the society because of the intelligence he had acquired from this school so that was how I learnt about the school.
vo: okay so who will be sponsoring you?
me: my dad
vo: what does he do?
me: he works in microfinance bank in my home city
vo: he works in what position?
me: I told him.
vo: did you dad gave you any of his financial documents?
me: yes.
vo: can I have them please.
me: I gave it to him.
vo: okay done checking it returned it back to me and he said is this the bank your dad works , this same bank that contains his statement of account.
me: no it is not the same bank.
vo: okay then he kept on typing for a very longtime before I handed the blue paper to me, sorry you are eligible for this visa at this time, do apply another time. thank you.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EmeritusR: 12:24pm On Dec 31, 2020
psychologyshuby:
I guess we all know what went wrong. I’m sorry about this. Please give it your best shot next time. You will get it.

please what actually went wrong?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Iaquintar(m): 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2020
kinkymax:
Hello house,,i need an advice.. I had an admission for spring 2021 jan 19 as resumption but the admission came late arnd DEC 19..so I'm still at d stage of i20 so I wanted to defer to summer so i can have ample time for d visa processing but d school sent me an email yesterday that I can only defer to fall 2021. This I'm not comfortable with cos I feel is too far. Summer would hv bn perfect for me. I have another school that is resuming summer but I have not gotten admission yet from there. Now the question is 1) shld I defer til fall at the Ist school at the same time continue d application for the 2nd school that resumes summer ( note,, i hv accepted d offer of admission at d Ist schl). 2) can I still go ahead wt d spring Admission ...will I still be able to meet up wt Jan 19 resumption considering d time for visa processing. Pls I await your advice..

If you already have spring I-20, continue with it. You should meet up. Fill your DS160, pay SEVIS, MRV fees and book an appointment right away!.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oluwatosin2000(m): 12:30pm On Dec 31, 2020
Good afternoon gurus! I urgently need help on something.
Does anyone know any school offering creative writing for MA level? Then do I need to take the GRE? Thanks in anticipation!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NigPatriot(m): 12:31pm On Dec 31, 2020
psychologyshuby:

No we all don't know what wrong, care to tell us?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 12:31pm On Dec 31, 2020
I think it came from the bank statements.
EmeritusR:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NigPatriot(m): 12:32pm On Dec 31, 2020
Oluwatosin2000:
Good afternoon gurus! I urgently need help on something.
Does anyone know any school offering creative writing for MA level? Then do I need to take the GRE? Thanks in anticipation!

Go back to previous pages on this thread, a lady got full funding for the same course.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NigPatriot(m): 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2020
EmeritusR:

did you have any form of funding?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EmeritusR: 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2020
psychologyshuby:
I think it came from the bank statements.

the bank statement has a lot of money on it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EmeritusR: 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2020
NigPatriot:

did you have any form of funding?
no I do not have any funding
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rhonah: 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2020
EmeritusR:

no I do not have any funding

The COA is quite huge to be candid and I think his account should be with the bank he works with. Just my thought though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.