Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (771) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356263 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by KushCollectible: 7:45am On Jan 03, 2021
Geewin69:
Thank you very much.

I actually applied through the CGI website.

Like you just logged in to your dashboard and saw the date available?

Because all I've been getting since my denial is no dates currently available.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 8:31am On Jan 03, 2021
You'll really need to keep an eye out on the portal sir. Dates open up spontaneously every now and then. Before I saw that particular date, I had gone several weeks seeing "no dates available".

Alternatively, you can get another MRV fee and apply for an expedited appointment. If you plead your case well and supply the requisite documents, you may just be approved. Quite a number of people here did same and got appointments.

KushCollectible:

Like you just logged in to your dashboard and saw the date available?

Because all I've been getting since my denial is no dates currently available.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jugghead69(m): 9:09am On Jan 03, 2021
Not yet. Perhaps that would come later.

Geewin69:
Congratulations! Have you been notified to pick up your passport?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lawali: 9:42am On Jan 03, 2021
caneberry:
I had to fill another because I had to switch from Lagos to Abuja

Hi cane berry/ gurus in the house, pls I need some clarifications regarding filling new DS 160 because of change of interview place from Lagos to Abuja.

I initially filled DS 160 to attend interview at Lagos but due to no closer available date, I rescheduled to Abuja. I still observed my current DS160 for the appointment is still having Lagos but I am not sure if I need to change it since same DS 160 is used for MRV fee and current appointment.

My interview date is Tuesday (about 2days). Do I/can I still filled another DS160 for this appointment without scattering things?

Appreciate your timely response.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by estelle6763: 11:10am On Jan 03, 2021
Hi! I recall that we already communicated via youtube, thanks for checking out my channel btw! I will be glad to answer further questions if you send me messages on my social media as suggested!

MERCHANDISER:

Good day madam.
I just finished watching your videos on YouTube in respect to Berea College application process.
My name is Okonkwo Kingsley C from Nigeria.I studied Animal Science
and Animal production at Michael Okpara University of Agriculture,Umudike from the year 2012-2017 with second class upper division
honours (CGPA 3.58). I would like to enroll for my masters program in Animal husbandary,biology, zoology or any agric-related disciplines at the college.
I have all the necessary documents(transcript,degree cert,ielts,sop,passport, research proposal,Reference/recommendation letters etc) at hand.
Pls I would like you to guide me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Emeritusseun(m): 11:17am On Jan 03, 2021
lawali:

Hi cane berry/ gurus in the house, pls I need some clarifications regarding filling new DS 160 because of change of interview place from Lagos to Abuja.

I initially filled DS 160 to attend interview at Lagos but due to no closer available date, I rescheduled to Abuja. I still observed my current DS160 for the appointment is still having Lagos but I am not sure if I need to change it since same DS 160 is used for MRV fee and current appointment.

My interview date is Tuesday (about 2days). Do I/can I still filled another DS160 for this appointment without scattering things?

Wait!
You can't submit a new DS within 72 hours of your interview! So, don't fill another one.

You are good to go. When you get to Abuja on Tuesday, your DS could be retrieved from Lagos!

In the CGI tone " You do not need to fill a new DS form if you want to change Location within a country ".

Meanwhile, I will advise you call the CGI Gus tomorrow to relay your worries , and I am sure you would be advised accordingly!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 11:18am On Jan 03, 2021
Yes you can, if you really need to. Otherwise just stick with your current one. I also had to fill a new DS form, and I filled it the night before my interview.

If the location is the only issue, I don't think there's need to stress yourself with filling another one.

lawali:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ArDun: 11:52am On Jan 03, 2021
fairheart:

You should add writing to your hobby. It was your articulate and fine writing skill that glued my attention to your first long e-mail to me last year or so. I still remember that your choice of words and the things you said you want to achieve by going to the U.S, inspired me. You told your story so well, and I think this is a skill everyone should learn. We should be able to tell our unique story in a way that will make others see the goodness in us.
I actually didn't do as much as I would have done for a younger brother I cared about, but I am glad that the little I did was impactful.

I also love that you took out time to remember those who helped in your journey. This is the attitude of gratitude and it will take you far and make people always want to help you. As you grow in the U.S, keep nursing this attitude; you'd meet even empathic people that will be there when you need another human being to advance your goals.
I also thank Northeastern and Texrem and Aunty Lagosismyhome grin for their supports toward your success.
The seed to excel is in you and I hope you will study well and graduate at the top of your class. AMEN to your prayers for me and God bless you!

@Fairheart. Please, I was told to contact you. I don't know how to connect with you sir. Could you please share your email or reach me via stadunbarin@gmail.com

Many thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lawali: 11:56am On Jan 03, 2021
Geewin69:
Yes you can, if you really need to. Otherwise just stick with your current one. I also had to fill a new DS form, and I filled it the night before my interview.

If the location is the only issue, I don't think there's need to stress yourself with filling another one.

Thanks for clarification
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lawali: 11:57am On Jan 03, 2021
Emeritusseun:

Wait!
You can't submit a new DS within 72 hours of your interview! So, don't fill another one.

You are good to go. When you get to Abuja on Tuesday, your DS could be retrieved from Lagos!

In the CGI tone " You do not need to fill a new DS form if you want to change Location within a country ".

Meanwhile, I will advise you call the CGI Gus tomorrow to relay your worries , and I am sure you would be advised accordingly!

Thanks. I will make the call tomorrow.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 12:12pm On Jan 03, 2021
ArDun:

@Fairheart. Please, I was told to contact you. I don't know how to connect with you sir. Could you please share your email or reach me via stadunbarin@gmail.com

Many thanks in advance.

Alright.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ArDun: 12:23pm On Jan 03, 2021
zeeLady:
Sure your company can sponsor you, but does your 1-20 show that? or is it a combination of company support and family support? any funding? what age are you sir?

Only family support.
I'm 30 years old.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 1:37pm On Jan 03, 2021
shams040:
Dear All,

Please has anyone applied to Arizona State Uni before here? I submitted an application tonight and my referees are yet to receive any email.

Please kindly advise me on what to do as the application closes 4th of Jan.

Thanks

Your referees can still submit their recommendations even after the deadline!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oluwatosin2000(m): 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2021
Does this mean I’ll have to take the SAT? Cos I’ve been outta high school since July 2017. If yes, please I need suggestions for schools that don’t require SAT

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kennedyemmy: 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2021
Hello House, compliments of season.
I have an issue that has been bothering me.
I have Bank Statements from my Sponsor printed in July 2020; which I used to get my I-20 from the school back in July but had to wait till now for my Visa Interview due to closure of Embassies.
My Appointment is this month, can I go with same Bank Statements printed in July 2020 for my Interview?
My Sponsor has been having difficulties printing a new Bank Statement for me as the money in her account is no longer up to my Cost of Attendance.
What can I do now?
What other documents do I need to get from my Sponsor?
Please kindly advise. Thank you so much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tegaadogb: 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2021
Please what school is this

DENIAL TRANSCRIPT

Scholarship: $18k(Deficit of $9004)
Sponsor: Mom
Program: MSc
Interviewed by a White Male American VO for about 15 minutes tops

VO: Pass me your I-20 and passport
ME: *passes them*
VO: where are you going to?
ME: Washington DC
VO: OH great, what will you be studying *glances at my f1*
ME: Masters in Data Analytics
VO: why this degree
ME: because data in Nigeria is underutilized, I intend to be a part of data optimization in Nigeria to enhance health, security, and other sectors.
VO: how do you intend to do that?
Me: I intend to get a better standing with my current employer.
VO: who's your current employer
ME: O***. I work as an IT officer, database management is one of my duties.
VO: Who will be paying for this?
ME: My mom
VO: What does she do?
ME: she is a Nurse and a consultant at a state ministry of health. (Maybe I should have mentioned that she is a lecturer in nursing). She also owns a company that manufactures cleaning products and toiletries for homes and hotels.
VO: (looking dissatisfied) what is the staff strength of this company?
ME: 15
VO: oh I see. (puts my documents together and passes them with the denial letter). I'm sorry but you don't qualify this time for a student visa.

I don't know what went wrong, but for some reasons I knew I probably didn't convince him enough on the sponsors front.

Overall, it was a good first experience for me (although I got denied), I didn't feel too bad about it.

Congratulations to all who got approved, I had some pretty amazing conversations with fellow applicants too.

I'd love to learn from as many experiences as there are to share.

Thanks.

[/quote]
Please what school is this?

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Y3mi11: 6:30pm On Jan 03, 2021
Nostradamus1:
You have a lot of time bro. Start now to prepare for SAT .Register for March 2021 to use it to access yourself then you can register another in case you didnt get your target goal. Realistically, you will have to start application August this year as most colleges deadline for application is this night(schools with fin aid ). But if you have a lot of cash , you can try and apply HBCUs with rolling admission till march 1st. The problem,however, is that you will need SAT to get reasonable scholarship.So sit down, start planning towards applying August and do thorough research

Thank you sir
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by transfer101: 7:47pm On Jan 03, 2021
I’m a graduate of french department and I would like to change my field to nursing, am currently writing waec in sience department so I can be eligible to study nursing in USA or Canada. I’m 25years old.

Can this be achieved considering the immigration policy in USA and Canada?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pompeiimagnus: 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2021
transfer101:
I’m a graduate of french department and I would like to change my field to nursing, am currently writing waec in sience department so I can be eligible to study nursing in USA or Canada. I’m 25years old.

Can this be achieved considering the immigration policy in USA and Canada?

Anything is possible if you really work for it. If you don't mind, what could be the reason for the change? Many universities in the 2 countries offer MS programs in Literary Arts, Communication Studies, Journalism, etc. which you could easily pursue with your French degree.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Daodudavid(m): 8:33pm On Jan 03, 2021
Happy new year to every one, it’s good to be back again after a long time.. how are we all doing...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 9:03pm On Jan 03, 2021
yes
ibksplen:
Good day My People.

My interview was successful last week. I picked up my passport last week Wednesday and I'm set to enter the US January 8th. I have with me Scanned copy of I-20. Pls Can i enter the US with this ?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amos4real(m): 9:23pm On Jan 03, 2021
Jidebambam:
Hello,

Is anyone traveling to the US this month with Qatar Airways? Any issue with layover at Doha?

Yes, no issue by the grace of God. Just maintain the rule
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hairbyuj(f): 9:39pm On Jan 03, 2021
Can I apply as a single person whereas am married for my students Visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Daodudavid(m): 9:53pm On Jan 03, 2021
ibksplen:
Good day My People.

My interview was successful last week. I picked up my passport last week Wednesday and I'm set to enter the US January 8th. I have with me Scanned copy of I-20. Pls Can i enter the US with this ?

Congratulations and yes of course

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kennedyemmy: 10:06pm On Jan 03, 2021
Hello House. Can I take a Bank Statement printed in July 2020 to an Interview in January 2021?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 10:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
why do you want to choose single when you are married?
hairbyuj:
Can I apply as a single person whereas am married for my students Visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hairbyuj(f): 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2021
zeeLady:
why do you want to choose single when you are married?

Just a thought.

So my wife will come later as a student too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by FM19addict(m): 10:20pm On Jan 03, 2021
grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AbionaT(f): 10:32pm On Jan 03, 2021
fairheart:

Alright.
@fairheart sir, pls can I send you a mail, I need to seek your advice on my application.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 10:52pm On Jan 03, 2021
kennedyemmy:
Hello House. Can I take a Bank Statement printed in July 2020 to an Interview in January 2021?

No you cannot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 12:06am On Jan 04, 2021
hairbyuj:

Just a thought.

So my wife will come later as a student too

Hmmmm! Are you the Wife or the Husband?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.