Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,998 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1024838 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Opana1: 10:55pm On Jul 28, 2019
Fatimaochojila:
Please house,can one apply for a study visa while pregnant? I currently got admission to do a Pgd programme in January,planning to apply for visa then realised I'm pregnant,I know that when they ask for medicals,it will show.please what's my faith?

From what I know, you can start your medical examination but unfortunately some part of it (x-ray) can only be done after you give birth. Consequently what this means is that, you can only pass or fail your medicals after you give birth. My suggestion therefore is that you wait till after you give birth before applying. It would have been a different ball game if you had completed the examination before getting pregnant.
Please note that I am not a guru but suggestions given are from my personal research.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 28, 2019
Dreambig124:
Good day everyone. I have been following this thread closely but not as a registered member and I want to thank everyone for the contribution on this thread, I have really learnt a lot.
Please I will need your advice on my application for student permit. Is it advisable for me to apply as a self sponsor for my pgd program. I’m 22 years old and I have managed to save up to 9 million, I have been saving in that account for over 3 years in order for me to sponsor myself to Canada. I presently have close to 10 million saved in form of cryptocurrency together making up 19million naira. I was lucky to buy and keep bitcoin before I got admission into the university because I spent a year at home before getting admission. Is it wise for a 22 year old to apply as a self sponsor? If yes how do I prove to the vo source of funds. I can still try to get some of my transactions on different website dating back to 2015/2016 but not all. I am confused and need your advice

(1) What is the source of the 9 Million saved over 3 years?
(2) Can the transactions that resulted in your savings be backed up with legal documents?
(3) As a self-sponsored applicant, what ties you back to your home country?
(4) Curious....At age 22, Were you in school when you started saving the 9million?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:03pm On Jul 28, 2019
Dreambig124:
Good day everyone. I have been following this thread closely but not as a registered member and I want to thank everyone for the contribution on this thread, I have really learnt a lot.
Please I will need your advice on my application for student permit. Is it advisable for me to apply as a self sponsor for my pgd program. I’m 22 years old and I have managed to save up to 9 million, I have been saving in that account for over 3 years in order for me to sponsor myself to Canada. I presently have close to 10 million saved in form of cryptocurrency together making up 19million naira. I was lucky to buy and keep bitcoin before I got admission into the university because I spent a year at home before getting admission. Is it wise for a 22 year old to apply as a self sponsor? If yes how do I prove to the vo source of funds. I can still try to get some of my transactions on different website dating back to 2015/2016 but not all. I am confused and need your advice

Can u give me 1 btc? wink

Well, let's wait for expert advice.

Nice savings bro!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dreambig124: 11:14pm On Jul 28, 2019
Thebushboy:

(1) What is the source of the 9 Million saved over 3 years?
(2) Can the transactions that resulted in your savings be backed up with legal documents?
(3) As a self-sponsored applicant, what ties you back to your home country?
(4) Curious....At age 22, Were you in school when you started saving the 9million?
1) Profits made from hoarding and selling bitcoin I send to my savings account. Sometimes 100k, 50k , 200k it depends. That’s what I have been depositing into the account
2) No.
3) I have lands...don’t know if I can use that
4)Yes. I opened a new account for savings when I was in school strictly for saving

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dreambig124: 11:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Can u give me 1 btc? wink

Well, let's wait for expert advice.

Nice savings bro!
Lol. If it was in 2016 when it was still 400 or 500 i might consider grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorsol(m): 11:40pm On Jul 28, 2019
ifeyemi200:
Lolz. I don't blame you for your conclusion jare. That my friend can disturb for Africa chaiii! But I have good news! He has received to biometric letter o! Somebody, praise the Lord with me!!!

hallelujah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by FreeMejoor1(m): 12:17am On Jul 29, 2019
Dreambig124:

you big bro..am really hurts i missed out on this year but you lucky bro pulling all that stunts and still finishing up your studies..in life you gotta dream big and take risk and make it while young...let be friends am equally worth that much am just 23...peterchigozie029@gmail.com message me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oluso1984(m): 12:29am On Jul 29, 2019
Evening house, am new to this forum and purpose of joining is to make friends that turns to family in respect to my goal.

Please, I will need more assist as regards mode or way doing things are.

And will be happy if I can be tutor on how to apply for Canadian visa.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stephanie22: 12:49am On Jul 29, 2019
Chosenone31:
What course did you study for ur B.sc and what course do you intend studying at Canada
I studied Economics in my BSc and I am going for MSc in global business management
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AgroNACT(m): 2:41am On Jul 29, 2019
Fatimaochojila:
Please house,can one apply for a study visa while pregnant? I currently got admission to do a Pgd programme in January,planning to apply for visa then realised I'm pregnant,I know that when they ask for medicals,it will show.please what's my faith?

According to IOM "Pregnancy: Do not conceal pregnancy. Pregnancy will not affect your immigration prospects. X-ray
radiation may harm your baby."

I was so curious about this same question and i asked a doctor at IOM, and she said... "Pregnant women usually have 3 options as regards the X-ray part of the examination. 1) Consult your private doctor for advice on what to do, whether you should have the X-ray or not, If you are given go ahead by your doctor to have the X-ray, a shield would be provided to protect your foetus during the X-ray capture. 2) You can subscribe to sputum test (an alternative means to X-ray and more accurate procedure of detecting presence of causal organism of tuberculosis through culture technique) the disadvantage is just that the test takes 10weeks to be out. 3) You can go and give birth to your baby first, then come back for X-ray.

NB: I am not a medical personnel or an authority in this subject, neither am i a guru, kindly visit a doctor to verify my suggestions here.

Hi family, you guys are doing great here!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:40am On Jul 29, 2019
Dreambig124:

can't blame her for trying lol

Anyway since it not a buck payment and it has spread out for quite sometime,I don't think it should pose as a problem.

If you're not applying for September you could also sell it in batches.

Or you could sell one or two land(s) and use that to top your account balance.The latter will be more convincing as you could easily show sales receipt.

My thoughts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 6:31am On Jul 29, 2019
Judoski007:
Please is it possible to visit Canada with a visitor visa and get admission before the visa expires,if yes,what process is required to translate visitor visa to study visa
As a Nigerian you can not convert visitor's visa to study in Canada. You can secure admission while in Canada but will have to exit to a country where you are legally residing to make your application. Though you can apply online while in Canada but will have to exit to a country where you are legally residing to do your biometric.
NB: Your processing time will be that of the country of residence

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 6:42am On Jul 29, 2019
Dreambig124:
Please I will need your advice on my application for student permit. Is it advisable for me to apply as a self sponsor for my program. I’m 22 years old and I have managed to save up to 9 million, I have been saving in that account for over 3 years in order for me to sponsor myself to Canada. I presently have close to 10 million saved in form of cryptocurrency together making up 19million naira. I was lucky to buy and keep bitcoin before I got admission into the university because I spent a year at home before getting admission. Is it wise for a 22 year old to apply as a self sponsor? If yes how do I prove to the vo source of funds. I can still try to get some of my transactions on different website dating back to 2015/2016 but not all. I am confused and need your advice
Self sponsorship isn't bad but you will be required to provide funds for the entire duration of your program (i.e if you program is for 2 years CIC will need you to provide funds for the whole 2 years which can be much), but in the case of having a co-sponsor, all you need do is show funds for 1 year and your co-sponsor or sponsor showing proof of his/her business or source of income to convince the vo that your second year funds will be available when the time comes.
So the question now is, what is the duration of your intended program? Will your 19mil be enough to cover everything?
As for the proof, you can explain that you are into online trading + cryptocurrency (and show proof of some of your transactions).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 7:19am On Jul 29, 2019
Hello Dear, the details on how it works is all spelt out on CIC website if you check under POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT section; if your study is for 1yr you get 1yr PGWP, if your study is for 2yr or more you get 3yrs PGWP, if you do two different programs one after another amounting to 2yrs study in total you get 3yrs PGWP same as someone who did one straight single study of 2yrs or more.
With regards to funding your study in Canada, I believe each prospective student would have gotten a well thoughtful plan on how to go about that before embarking on Canada study adventure. However, Working in Canada to take care of your tuition and leaving expense is still possible like a moniker had posted here some few months back on how s/he achieved that but I would advice you make proper financial plan from home before boarding the plane.
sashaa:

I've always wondered how this works. I know going for a 2year program is the best but it also means double tuition undecided

If someone has tuition for a 1year program? Is it possibleto save up for another year tuition from the 20hours per week job?

Anyone that has been successful in this may also throw more light so we can learn

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 29, 2019
This is not a good place for this as I can feel the tensile stress by just reading the comments here.

But anyway, order for your well researched and pro written articles that are 100% copyscape proof. Check my sig.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dreambig124: 7:51am On Jul 29, 2019
mcobex:
Self sponsorship isn't bad but you will be required to provide funds for the entire duration of your program (i.e if you program is for 2 years CIC will need you to provide funds for the whole 2 years which can be much), but in the case of having a co-sponsor, all you need do is show funds for 1 year and your co-sponsor or sponsor showing proof of his/her business or source of income to convince the vo that your second year funds will be available when the time comes.
So the question now is, what is the duration of your intended program? Will your 19mil be enough to cover everything?
As for the proof, you can explain that you are into online trading + cryptocurrency (and show proof of some of your transactions).

Thanks for taking your time
The total cost of my program is about $250000 with a duration of 2 years . How do I proof that? Do I need to print out some of my trading history? I can get some dating back to 2016 but not all, will that be a problem?
Can I use my brother who is in the US but he presently doesn’t have much in his account because he’s doing a project here in Nigeria, I was thinking of using him as a sponsor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dreambig124: 7:59am On Jul 29, 2019
parksg:
can't blame her for trying lol

Anyway since it not a buck payment and it has spread out for quite sometime,I don't think it should pose as a problem.

If you're not applying for September you could also sell it in batches.

Or you could sell one or two land(s) and use that to top your account balance.The latter will be more convincing as you could easily show sales receipt.

My thoughts
Thank you. Selling the land is not an option as I want to use them as home ties if possible and also I have plans to use them in future. If I’m to sell some cryptocurrency what’s the best way you think I can show proof to the vo?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Purplestorm: 8:03am On Jul 29, 2019
I might be wrong but I understand some countries frown at cryptocurrency business. Is Canada one of such?
mcobex:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dreambig124: 8:05am On Jul 29, 2019
Purplestorm:
I might be wrong but I understand some countries frown at cryptocurrency business. Is Canada one of such?
Well as for Canada I made some research and I don’t think there’s any restriction in bitcoin.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oriazowan: 8:07am On Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your response. When I track it, it says no record found.
Tvickie:
Yes I submitted 12th and got it back yesterday
. No I didn’t get a message for pick up. I only tracked it and saw it was ready for pick up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Doitall29: 8:23am On Jul 29, 2019
Good morning everyone in the house. Please I did my biometric on the 12th July 2019. Please how many days will it take to get a message from VFS for passport submission. Cos I applied online. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 8:35am On Jul 29, 2019
Dreambig124:

Thanks for taking your time
The total cost of my program is about $250000 with a duration of 2 years . How do I proof that? Do I need to print out some of my trading history? I can get some dating back to 2016 but not all, will that be a problem?
Can I use my brother who is in the US but he presently doesn’t have much in his account because he’s doing a project here in Nigeria, I was thinking of using him as a sponsor
Is the $25000/ year inclusive of living expenses or just tution fee? If it is inclusive then you can sponsor yourself because from calculation that will amount to $50,000(approximately #14mil), so you are good. But if the $25,00/year is just tuition fee then you need a co-sponsor and he/she needs to provide the balance of the fee.
As for your brother, since he is not a third party he can submit his letter of support stating how much he will be committing towards your study and he is required to have above that amount in his bank account (he doesn't have to transfer the money to you because he is your blood brother).
For the trading history, feel free to print every trade history you can get that relating to your business (they know online trading isn't a bad thing so don't be scared to show all that).
NB: Try to sell your bitcoins so you have cash in your account before you submit your app, because the vo will want to see raw cash in your account not investment (bitcoins)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 8:37am On Jul 29, 2019
Purplestorm:
I don't know about that, but he didn't rob anyone to make the money, he did business and made money from it. What he might not be allowed to do is tell CIC that he intends to pay further fees from the cryptocurrency business (that's if Canada isn't okay with the said business). All he is trying to do now is liquidate his assets(bitcoins) and use it to fund his studies. He is good with that

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dreambig124: 8:51am On Jul 29, 2019
mcobex:
Is the $25000/ year inclusive of living expenses or just tution fee? If it is inclusive then you can sponsor yourself because from calculation that will amount to $50,000(approximately #14mil), so you are good. But if the $25,00/year is just tuition fee then you need a co-sponsor and he/she needs to provide the balance of the fee.
As for your brother, since he is not a third party he can submit his letter of support stating how much he will be committing towards your study and he is required to have above that amount in his bank account (he doesn't have to transfer the money to you because he is your blood brother).
For the trading history, feel free to print every trade history you can get that relating to your business (they know online trading isn't a bad thing so don't be scared to show all that).
NB: Try to sell your bitcoins so you have cash in your account before you submit your app, because the vo will want to see raw cash in your account not investment (bitcoins)
Thanks for taking your time. The $25000 covers my tuition for 2 years and not just a year. Like how much do you think should be in my account when applying. I am trying not to sell the bitcoin I have now but if I really need to then I don’t mind selling some of it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Akachukuw41(m): 9:06am On Jul 29, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Is it possible to go for visa interview after paying 1 year tuition for a 2 year program?

I am looking at MUN
hey are you looking at MUN?.I just got an admission there.I have sent you a pm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by VirginSearcher(m): 9:14am On Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys

Please anyone knows any college/university in Canada that does one-year certificate course in Finance/banking or related field? help me abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 9:18am On Jul 29, 2019
Dreambig124:

Thanks for taking your time. The $25000 covers my tuition for 2 years and not just a year. Like how much do you think should be in my account when applying. I am trying not to sell the bitcoin I have now but if I really need to then I don’t mind selling some of it
If $25,000 is for 2 years tuition then your total funds for the entire program will be at least $45,000(at least $10,000/year for living expenses). So convert that to naira to have what is needed for your study (almost #13mil). If you can raise at least that then you are good to go with funds (no need for co-sponsor)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:29am On Jul 29, 2019
ifeyemi200:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Abeg, no vex, as I said earlier, I screenshot your response to him. What he has right now is evidence that his application was received by CIC. He is thinking of going to the embassy to confirm the application. He is seeking your advice.

However, I have my own question, I saw something on the pictures he sent to me, I wanted to ask if Visitor visa is same as study permit. For me, na visitor visa I see say the agent filled in the form.

This debate has popped up here before. Most often, IRCC relates the terms for a VV and SP interchangeably. Sometimes, they use Temporary Visa to classify them both, as they fall into the same visa classification.

So you might see a visit visa irrespective of applying for a study permit. So before you start panicking, if you apply through an agent, seek for proper proof that he applied for a SP before concluding he applied for a VV. If maybe he refuses or not to release proper info to you, request for your gcms notes. This would give you a clear perspective about your application.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AkeemTy(m): 9:48am On Jul 29, 2019
Instead of liquidating your cryptocurrency bro which can be hard to buy back at a good price, try to borrow against it which means you can use it as collateral that is if you don't want to liquidate your crypto.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eightyeight: 10:07am On Jul 29, 2019
How long does admission process take in Brandon university for undergraduate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dubajek: 10:20am On Jul 29, 2019
please how long did it take you

Akachukuw41:
hey are you looking at MUN?.I just got an admission there.I have sent you a pm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.