Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1019185 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 11:11am On Jul 28, 2019
taiwo92:
Hallo guys, please I have some questions

Am currently studying in Germany for my Msc and will soon finish but I want to move to Canada but I don't know which one will give me soft landing from there two options
1. Through studies (another masters or PhD)
2. Through work
Both are okay, but study should be better because it gives you the "very important Canadian work experience". Going for EE is a good option as well, especially if you have the experience that will make you slide into the Canadian system with ease. So it is a win win for you(whichever you pick)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:26am On Jul 28, 2019
Hello everyone, i just want to be clear on something.

After studing in canada, what are my chances of staying back, living and working in canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 11:40am On Jul 28, 2019
mcobex:
Both are okay, but study should be better because it gives you the "very important Canadian work experience". Going for EE is a good option as well, especially if you have the experience that will make you slide into the Canadian system with ease. So it is a win win for you(whichever you pick)
Can you please explain more @the bolded?
I thought it's work experience that gives one experience?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by EkunKekere: 11:40am On Jul 28, 2019
Mofpearl:

I didn't get another visa. I just might just end up not going because I want to complete my RN registration first. In my country of residence, I would need to work before I be officially licensed.

Saudi Arabia of ought to be the destination of choice for MOOSLIMS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:48am On Jul 28, 2019
Is it possible to go for visa interview after paying 1 year tuition for a 2 year program?

I am looking at MUN

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 12:50pm On Jul 28, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Hello everyone, i just want to be clear on something.

After studing in canada, what are my chances of staying back, living and working in canada?
You will get a 3 year PGWP(post graduate work permit) if your program is two years and above, with that you can start working in Canada and with that you can work and live there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2019
sashaa:

Can you please explain more @the bolded?
I thought it's work experience that gives one experience?
Studying in Canada will give him that experience as well (his research while studying will give him that). Also, the companies in Canada know how good the schools are there so that alone opens doors for you to be invited for interviews (though you will still need to prove yourself during the interview). Some companies might be scared to employ someone without Canadian education (especially if he/she doesn't have any work experience).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 1:05pm On Jul 28, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Is it possible to go for visa interview after paying 1 year tuition for a 2 year program?

I am looking at MUN
what visa interview?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MOBAN444(m): 2:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
Wonderful! Mine is a savings account. So it won't work.

richcasey:

If you have a current account you can download your statement from the online banking platform, It comes stamped & signed and is accepted at the embassy.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by degxyflexy: 2:26pm On Jul 28, 2019
You can send your SOA directly to the embassy too using your bank app
MOBAN444:
Wonderful! Mine is a savings account. So it won't work.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 2:58pm On Jul 28, 2019
Gamma007:
Alihamdulillah, Approval alert...
Msc chemical engineering university of Alberta

Paper Application
Date of application, May 6
Medical request June 14.
Medical passed June 28
Biometric correspondence mail July 22
Final approval July 26.

Documents submitted.
Transcript
Degree statement of result
Attestation letter from institution,showing certificate hasn't been issued
O'level result
IELTS result
Admission letter
Funding letter
SOA
Police clearance
Certificate of National population commission
SOP
Reference letter

I want to appreciate everyone on this group, for the spirit of togetherness,selflnesses and your invaluable words of guidance and encouragement.
I got everything I needed for my application from this forum.
And for the people that are always optimistic all the time, congratulating me in advance even when I write a post to express my discomfort and frustration in the application waiting time, your words are always very timely.Thank you once again.

Finally I got another letter on my portal yesterday, the correspondence letter to be shown upon landing in Canada with address of Lagos embassy, does it mean that I can go and pick up my passport now? because it was approved on Friday and I was thinking a text message will be sent.

To all the travel hopefuls we shall rejoice very soon my God's.
Congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nochyks87: 4:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
@ TheAfrikan pls respond to my pm. It's urgent. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:28pm On Jul 28, 2019
Stevenssen:

what visa interview?

Sorry... i meant visa processing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

I am looking at MUN
There won't be oral interview if you will be applying for Canadian study permit (except for special cases of which I have not heard of). Secondly, paying for a year tuition is another way of proofing your genuine intention of pursuing a degree in Canada. Pay the tuition, it will be an advantage!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:53pm On Jul 28, 2019
SOPWriter:

There won't be oral interview if you will be applying for Canadian study permit (except for special cases of which I have not heard of). Secondly, paying for a year tuition is another way of proofing your genuine intention of pursuing a degree in Canada. Pay the tuition, it will be an advantage!

Thanks. I really appreciate this

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gbemms9: 4:56pm On Jul 28, 2019
Hello Guys,
Trust everyone’s doing well,
Please I have a question, I was given a 2-year student visa but my masters is a year program.
How many years work permit would I be given after ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MOBAN444(m): 5:29pm On Jul 28, 2019
You will be given a 1yr PGW permit.
I will advise you opt for another one yr study immediately you finish by so doing you will earn a 3yr PGW permit.

Gbemms9:
Hello Guys,
Please I have a question, I was given a 2-year student visa but my masters is a year program.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Judoski007: 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2019
Please is it possible to visit Canada with a visitor visa and get admission before the visa expires,if yes,what process is required to translate visitor visa to study visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 6:01pm On Jul 28, 2019
You are one very lucky person to have gotten 2yrs study visa for a 1yr program, however, have you entered Canada already? If not, then there is a possibility that at POE you may be issued with the study permit that will be valid only for your study period (1year), but no cause for alarm if that is the case at the POE, you can always extend your study permit within Canada if you enroll into another 1yr program immediately after the 1st program (which will be easier if it is the same school) and that way you will be eligible for 3yrs PGWP.
Congratulations on your Visa approval.
Gbemms9:
Hello Guys,

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stephanie22: 8:11pm On Jul 28, 2019
Stephanie22:
Good evening house, I got an admission into one of the colleges in Canada. I am a BSc holder with a 2.1 in one of the Nigerian universities.

I want to start the visa application process but do not know how to go about it.

I have never been employed. My sponsor is my brother who is outside the country.
My father has a small company which I am thinking of using it as my family ties but still do not know how to go about it because I don't co-run the company with him.

Please house, help me with ideas on how to write my SOP and also how to give the VO a strong reason for coming back. Please I will really appreciate to be helped in this. Thank you everyone.
Good evening house, I haven't gotten any answer to my questions oo. Please I need help. People with knowledge should tell me please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BTGbenga: 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2019
Please house, any info on financial support for study? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 28, 2019
What course did you study for ur B.sc and what course do you intend studying at Canada
Stephanie22:
Good evening house, I haven't gotten any answer to my questions oo. Please I need help. People with knowledge should tell me please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2019
kcosam:
You are one very lucky person to have gotten 2yrs study visa for a 1yr program, however, have you entered Canada already? If not, then there is a possibility that at POE you may be issued with the study permit that will be valid only for your study period (1year), but no cause for alarm if that is the case at the POE, you can always extend your study permit within Canada if you enroll into another 1yr program immediately after the 1st program (which will be easier if it is the same school) and that way you will be eligible for 3yrs PGWP.
I've always wondered how this works. I know going for a 2year program is the best but it also means double tuition undecided

If someone has tuition for a 1year program? Is it possibleto save up for another year tuition from the 20hours per week job?

Anyone that has been successful in this may also throw more light so we can learn
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gbemms9: 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2019
kcosam:

Thanks so much for the information.
I haven’t entered yet, I’m leaving next month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fatimaochojila(f): 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2019
Please house,can one apply for a study visa while pregnant? I currently got admission to do a Pgd programme in January,planning to apply for visa then realised I'm pregnant,I know that when they ask for medicals,it will show.please what's my faith?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2019
The process of converting a visitors visa to a study permit is very easy, return to your home country and apply. Very simple because you can't convert a visit visa to study. If it was that possible, nobody would waste time applying for study permit in Nigeria, we would all apply for visit and convert.
Judoski007:
Please is it possible to visit Canada with a visitor visa and get admission before the visa expires,if yes,what process is required to translate visitor visa to study visa

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by QueenHerday: 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2019
Gamma007:

Paper Application
Medical request June 14.
Medical passed June 28
Final approval July 26.

Documents submitted.
Transcript
O'level result
IELTS result
Admission letter
Funding letter
SOA
Police clearance
SOP
Reference letter

I want to appreciate everyone on this group, for the spirit of togetherness,selflnesses and your invaluable words of guidance and encouragement.
And for the people that are always optimistic all the time, congratulating me in advance even when I write a post to express my discomfort and frustration in the application waiting time, your words are always very timely.Thank you once again.

Finally I got another letter on my portal yesterday, the correspondence letter to be shown upon landing in Canada with address of Lagos embassy, does it mean that I can go and pick up my passport now? because it was approved on Friday and I was thinking a text message will be sent.

Congratulations. More of it here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by QueenHerday: 10:19pm On Jul 28, 2019
Gamma007:

Paper Application
Medical request June 14.
Medical passed June 28
Final approval July 26.

Documents submitted.
Transcript
O'level result
IELTS result
Admission letter
Funding letter
SOA
Police clearance
SOP
Reference letter

Congrats once again. Please I need some information on how to go about some things in university of Alberta because have had eyes on applying there since the beginning of this year. I studied industrial chemistry and graduated with first class but how do I go about applying for masters and getting full fund. I have their requirements but can't foot the tuition fee;the more reason I need your advice .Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dreambig124: 10:34pm On Jul 28, 2019
Good day everyone. I have been following this thread closely but not as a registered member and I want to thank everyone for the contribution on this thread, I have really learnt a lot.
Please I will need your advice on my application for student permit. Is it advisable for me to apply as a self sponsor for my program. I’m 22 years old and I have managed to save up to 9 million, I have been saving in that account for over 3 years in order for me to sponsor myself to Canada. I presently have close to 10 million saved in form of cryptocurrency together making up 19million naira. I was lucky to buy and keep bitcoin before I got admission into the university because I spent a year at home before getting admission. Is it wise for a 22 year old to apply as a self sponsor? If yes how do I prove to the vo source of funds. I can still try to get some of my transactions on different website dating back to 2015/2016 but not all. I am confused and need your advice

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BTGbenga: 10:41pm On Jul 28, 2019
Why Not
Fatimaochojila:
Please house,can one apply for a study visa while pregnant? I currently got admission to do a Pgd programme in January,planning to apply for visa then realised I'm pregnant,I know that when they ask for medicals,it will show.please what's my faith?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ifeyemi200(f): 10:47pm On Jul 28, 2019
Lolz. I don't blame you for your conclusion jare. That my friend can disturb for Africa chaiii! But I have good news! He has received to biometric letter o! Somebody, praise the Lord with me!!!

victorsol:

I like this your friend oo. I hope it's not you sha because you have details gan ni.
lolz
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godblesmyhustle: 10:53pm On Jul 28, 2019
Congrats ooo

Please share your timelines.how long after the bvl did you receive the approval alert.

Pls encourage June applicants....e no easy undecided

Gbemms9:

Thanks so much for the information.
I haven’t entered yet, I’m leaving next month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.