Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,054 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1019521 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 7:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
Thinker007:
Hello house. Am new here and I am so impressed What am seeing here. I was advised by a very close friend to search here for Canada travel information. I have really gone through hell in the past on how to do my masters in Canada. I have B.Engr in electrical engineering with some years professional experience. Married with a kid and would like to proceed for a masters degree in Canadian university. The issue is that I have CGPA of 2.41 which 2:2. Please I need step by step details of the application process and suggested schools that might accept me. Though, I have gone through the threads in part 1 and part 10. But I really don't want to make any mistake again. So I need every advice from everyone in this house. Thanks

Irrespective of your CGPA, some universities might admit you for an MSc prorgamme because you've got relevant work experience. The first step you should do is visit the websites below to search for Canadian institutes offering your desired course;

- https://www.idp.com/india/search/electrical-engineering/postgraduate/canada/
- https://www.hotcoursesabroad.com/india/training-degrees/canada/masters/electrical-engineering-courses/loc/32/slevel/57-3-3/cgory/g5-3/sin/ct/programs.html
- https://www.findamasters.com/masters-degrees/canada/electrical-engineering/?700jsdh000

The second step is to email the graduate department of your chosen University, detailing your profile, relevant qualifications and experience. The goal is to see if you meet the admission requirements for an MSc degree.

If you do not, you can apply for a Postgraduate diploma (PGD) in institutes or colleges ~ Duration is typically a year or 2. (Check SAIT and NAIT)

Let me know if you require further clarifications.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 8:14pm On Aug 23, 2019
Urielbam:
Pls how does one get fully founded. I am just following through comments.
Pls ask me frankrobbin, he is the best man to advise u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tstunt: 8:19pm On Aug 23, 2019
Hello good people!

My case goes this way, I submitted my application for a Canadian student visa via an online route on May 12, 2019. I did my biometrics on May 14, 2019. On June 25, I received a rejection letter from them. I was devastated and depressed, but I just had to move on.

I later applied for GCM Notes to find out the real reason for their refusal. Their reason was not worth it because I have a sister who was willing to sponsor my education with an available fund of 16,000 Cad for a start and she is based in Canada with her family.

I have attached the reasons the gave for my refusal.

What is the best course of action? Has their been anyone who has appealed their visa refusal and was successful? If so, can you refer me to a good immigration lawyer that will appeal for me (I suppose it is an immigration lawyer that will do)?

Please, I need help o, gurus in the house.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gg4real: 8:19pm On Aug 23, 2019
Hello my good people.

My Jr sister just picked her passport from vfs today after almost x3weeks of submission after PPR.

My elder sister applied since May 30, no medical call yet but she got a phone call from the embassy in Lagos today that her passport photograph and her personal bank statement which she uploaded on her online application is not legible. They later sent an email advising her to resend a clearer statement of account in PDF format to their email in Lagos before Next Tuesday in order for them to continue the application process and failure to do so will result to a refusal of her application.

My question is has anyone experienced this kind of situation before and is it a good sign of an approval?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 8:26pm On Aug 23, 2019
Tstunt:
Hello good people!

My case goes this way, I submitted my application for a Canadian student visa via an online route on May 12, 2019. I did my biometrics on May 14, 2019. On June 25, I received a rejection letter from them. I was devastated and depressed, but I just had to move on.

I later applied for GCM Notes to find out the real reason for their refusal. Their reason was not worth it because I have a sister who was willing to sponsor my education with an available fund of 16,000 Cad for a start and she is based in Canada with her family.

What is the best course of action? Has their been anyone who has appealed their visa refusal and was successful? If so, can you refer me to a good immigration lawyer that will appeal for me (I suppose it is an immigration lawyer that will do)?

Oga the note is talking about your poor and vague SOP and no home ties. What is your last course of study and your intended one? What did you use as home ties? Leave lawyers alone and tackle the reasons. You will end up losing money.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2019
Tstunt:
Hello good people!

Can you share your profile(academic background) and SOP? Including submitted documents showing the relationship between you and your sis. Did you include a consent letter from her?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 8:38pm On Aug 23, 2019
Urielbam:
Pls how does one get fully founded. I am just following through comments.

https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part. How to secure an MSC supervisor. Read through the thread.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tstunt: 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2019
Blema111:

Oga the note is talking about your poor and vague SOP and no home ties. What is your last course of study and your intended one? What did you use as home ties? Leave lawyers alone and tackle the reasons. You will end up losing money.

I studied Agricultural Economics and extension in my first degree and I applied for an Advanced Diploma in Water quality.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 8:59pm On Aug 23, 2019
It’s about your SOP.
Simple
Tstunt:
Hello good people!

My case goes this way, I submitted my application for a Canadian student visa via an online route on May 12, 2019. I did my biometrics on May 14, 2019.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by raymege: 9:00pm On Aug 23, 2019
This your post is confusing.

You said she was asked to submit a new statement because the one she submitted online was ineligible?

No medical request, so why did she submit her passport to VFS considering it was an online application ?

If she applied online, and no call for medics, how did they accept her passport?

gg4real:
Hello my good people.

My Jr sister just picked her passport from vfs today after almost x3weeks of submission after PPR.

My elder sister applied since May 30, no medical call yet but she got a phone call from the embassy in Lagos today that her passport photograph and her personal bank statement which she uploaded on her online application is not legible. They later sent an email advising her to resend a clearer statement of account in PDF format to their email in Lagos before Next Tuesday in order for them to continue the application process and failure to do so will result to a refusal of her application.

My question is has anyone experienced this kind of situation before and is it a good sign of an approval?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2019
Tstunt:
Hello good people!

Reading the gcms note, the issue is from your sop not your sponsor?? Your sop didn't show reasons why u should be considered as a genuine student taking such huge expense to migrate to a foreign land for studies.. thats what the vo means by plans of studies is not carrying enough weight. Also you sop was probably not well arranged..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 9:05pm On Aug 23, 2019
gg4real:
Hello my good people.

Pls my advise is, simple convert your soa into a pdf file.. I think ilovepdf dot com will do that for u.. Also wen sending, send multiple times o... if your soa is real.. it's an approval otherwise, it's a ban..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tstunt: 9:05pm On Aug 23, 2019
waynee2baba:

Can you share your profile(academic background) and SOP? Including submitted documents showing the relationship between you and your sis. Did you include a consent letter from her?

@Waynee2baba, First degree: 1. Agricultural Economics and Extension.
2. Proposed study: Advanced Diploma in Water quality
3. I submitted my Account statement and that of my sponsor.
4. Sponsor letter
5. Employer consent letter, payslip and employment letter
6. Sop
7. Family ties: Family landed properties, inherited property from my father, sponsor landed property.
8. Sponsor is my sister and she submitted her employment letter, tax clearance and birth certificate.
9. Police clearance form
10. IMMM forms.

P.s: someone was saying since I wasn't sponsoring myself, I shouldn't have submitted my bank statement.

I can forward my SOP to you for review and suggestion. Can I have your email?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tstunt: 9:13pm On Aug 23, 2019
Aaron321:

Reading the gcms note, the issue is from your sop not your sponsor?? Your sop didn't show reasons why u should be considered as a genuine student taking such huge expense to migrate to a foreign land for studies.. thats what the vo means by plans of studies is not carrying enough weight. Also you sop was probably not well arranged..

Thank you, sir. Can I send you my Sop for you to review and make suggestions to improve in it. You can drop me your email to forward it to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2019
Tstunt:
Hello good people!

Before you think of appealing your case, you need to review your application to see if you truly covered the areas listed by the vo. Getting an immigration lawyer won't be a problem but you need to know of you stand a chance of winning the case or not(something most lawyers won't tell you because they want the $$$). Share your profile here let's see first then you can think of the next step to take( if to appeal or repackage a new app and reapply)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gg4real: 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2019
Who will dare use a fake acct before......thanks for your advice.

Aaron321:

Pls my advise is, simple convert your soa into a pdf file.. I think ilovepdf dot com will do that for u.. Also wen sending, send multiple times o... if your soa is real.. it's an approval otherwise, it's a ban..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gg4real: 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2019
I have two sisters. The Jr one already secured her visa. Its my other sister who submitted her application since May that I'm talking about.

raymege:

You said she was asked to submit a new statement because the one she submitted online was ineligible?

No medical request, so why did she submit her passport to VFS considering it was an online application ?

If she applied online, and no call for medics, how did they accept her passport?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 9:23pm On Aug 23, 2019
I replied your email
Tstunt:

4. Sponsor letter
6. Sop
7. Family ties: Family landed properties, inherited property from my father, sponsor landed property.
8. Sponsor is my sister and she submitted her employment letter, tax clearance and birth certificate.
9. Police clearance form
10. IMMM forms.

P.s: someone was saying since I wasn't sponsoring myself, I shouldn't have submitted my bank statement.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2019
gg4real:
Hello my good people.

It is a good sign. My question for you now is, what is she waiting for? I want to believe she has sent the requested documents to cic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2019
Tstunt:

Thank you, sir. Can I send you my Sop for you to review and make suggestions to improve in it. You can drop me your email to forward it to you.

Check your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2019
raymege:

Two sisters, the younger sister got her PPR but the elder is the one yet to be called for medical and with the SOA issue

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
Tstunt:

4. Sponsor letter
6. Sop
9. Police clearance form
10. IMMM forms.

If I may ask, why advance diploma and not masters?
You said your sister is committing 16k towards your studies, how much is your tuition fee?
That aside, I think you need to work on your SOP and state how your previous course is related to your intended one.
Also, in your SOP try to explain and give reasons why you will return to Nigeria agter your program in Canada.
About your SOA, that's not the problem. As a matter of fact, including your SOA is a plus to you(don't mind what that person said )
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gg4real: 9:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
The scanning they did for her at the business centre is still not too clear, I'll help her with the scanning tomorrow. Tx

mcobex:
It is a good sign. My question for you now is, what is she waiting for? I want to believe she has sent the requested documents to cic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gg4real: 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2019
Exactly sir. I only asked because I havent seen it happen before.

Thanks

mcobex:
Two sisters, the younger sister got her PPR but the elder is the one yet to be called for medical and with the SOA issue
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tstunt: 9:42pm On Aug 23, 2019
mcobex:

If I may ask, why advance diploma and not masters?
You said your sister is committing 16k towards your studies, how much is your tuition fee?
That aside, I think you need to work on your SOP and state how your previous course is related to your intended one.
Also, in your SOP try to explain and give reasons why you will return to Nigeria after your program in Canada.
About your SOA, that's not the problem. As a matter of fact, including your SOA is a plus to you(don't mind what that person said )

The proposed program is only available on the Advance diploma. The tuition fee is 9,687 Cad. I related linked my first degree to the intended program of study.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zzzz1234: 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2019
Akachukuw41:
Please can you share your SOP with me?.I am trying to restructure mine. My email address is akachi_benji@yahoo.com. Thank you

@Akachuw41 did you get the sop? Can u share it with me please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by raymege: 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2019
Oh OK. My bad, I see it now.
Thanks.
mcobex:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SmallerB: 10:00pm On Aug 23, 2019
Hi guys, please this was the response i got after mailing kenya and lagos about my letter of introduction that they have refused to send. They sent this today, evening time sha and i checked my page and its not there

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by raymege: 10:01pm On Aug 23, 2019
OK, I mixed it up. Now I understand.
Submit the docs they requested ASAP.
I guess it's a good sign.
The app is still being positively considered.

gg4real:
I have two sisters. The Jr one already secured her visa. Its my other sister who submitted her application since May that I'm talking about.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by raymege: 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
They probably are having technical issues, it may drop, if not, then simply print the letter they just sent you as they instructed.
This letter they just sent should suffice.

Congratulations.

SmallerB:
Hi guys, please this was the response i got after mailing kenya and lagos about my letter of introduction that they have refused to send. They sent this today, evening time sha and i checked my page and its not there

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gg4real: 10:12pm On Aug 23, 2019
Thanks

raymege:
OK, I mixed it up. Now I understand.
Submit the docs they requested ASAP.
I guess it's a good sign.
The app is still being positively considered.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2019
Am glad they responded.
It would come, maybe some technical issues
SmallerB:

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.