Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1019303 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2019
Austacus:

LOL grin grin with so much confidence.

A DLI is a school authorized by a province or a territory to offer education to international students in both primary and secondary schools in Canada . If you want to come to Canada as an international student, before you apply to a program of study first ensure that the school is on the list of Designated Learning Institutions.

Nna! the rate at which some new moniker's quote my post on this thread proving me to be wrong is very hilarious to me grin. Well, I'm loving it that way after all I am not a custodian of knowledge. cool. I'm still humble at thy service and open to any corrections if any of my post on this thread appears misleading wink

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2019
bayosegun:
Hello my good people, I applied for Canada visa since 5th of July and till now am yet to get details regarding my application except biometric certificate. I put in for Masters in theology but my school don't have DLI so it difficult for me to link the application online.
Pls any other way to link my app online?
Thanks gurus

Kindly withdraw your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2019
Austacus:

Kindly withdraw your application.

Direct!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 10:16pm On Aug 24, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

You are making mistake.... Please be properly guided that DLI number starts with a letter (O) and not zero (0). Use your passport details - Issuance date and expiration date instead of Place of Birth when linking your application online. The tracking number given to you at the VAC can't give you a well detailed progress of your application.

Yes bro. I have done all of this too. I was thinking mayb my app is still early that's why It cant be found, cos I applied 21 of this mnth
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Nna! the rate at which some new moniker's quote my post on this thread proving me to be wrong is very hilarious to me grin. Well, I'm loving it that way after all I am not a custodian of knowledge. cool. I'm still humble at thy service and open to any corrections if any of my post on this thread appears misleading wink

Mpa, ignore such next time and let others come in.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2019
nicerichard05:

Yes bro. I have done all of this too. I was thinking mayb my app is still early that's why It cant be found, cos I applied 21 of this mnth

Keep trying it will eventually be linked to the online MyCIC Account! Keep us posted if you continue facing this difficulty in linking your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:21pm On Aug 24, 2019
Austacus:

Mpa, ignore such next time and let others come in.

I responded just to provide more clarity to the house with the attachment to support my claims. So it doesn't appear that my contributions are falsifying.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 10:33pm On Aug 24, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Keep trying it will eventually be linked to the online MyCIC Account! Keep us posted if you continue facing this difficulty in linking your application.

Is my application no the same thing as my tracking numb?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dips4real(m): 11:07pm On Aug 24, 2019
I applied online. Could age be the reason for my refusal? Just curious though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:24pm On Aug 24, 2019
nicerichard05:

Is my application no the same thing as my tracking numb?

No! Your application number starts with a letter (S) and usually assigned to an applicant whenever you apply for a VISA to Canada. Is this your first Application to Canada? I don't think you will have a UCI and Application number, until you've probably linked your account online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:26pm On Aug 24, 2019
dips4real:
I applied online. Could age be the reason for my refusal? Just curious though

Age is not factor for a refusal once you can convincingly state your intentions to study and depart Canada after studies. We have seen several matured applicants here who had 20 years study gaps and still got their VISAS approved. I think it depends on how you prepared your SOP and the application in general.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 11:37pm On Aug 24, 2019
I'm getting lowballed so harddd. angry Been almost 6 weeks since I applied from the UK! London o! Normally them suppose even skip my background check based on 1 or 2 but Eligibility review hasn't even started. IRCC, If I no see update as we dey enter this new week, I'm gonna lose it !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 12:30am On Aug 25, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Please continue your excellent work sir, your presence has done more good.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nellykuch: 12:33am On Aug 25, 2019
Ochiedike,no mind em. Who no knw no go no. I duff my cap anytime any day for thee.

Frankrobbn1:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nellykuch: 12:38am On Aug 25, 2019
I dey expansiate wetin you yarn. How on earth will someone choose school wey no get DLI It defeats it Almighty aim.lol

Nellykuch:
A school that does not have a DLI simply means you are not eligible for POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT upon graduation,that is of you are given the visa.bless up

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 12:42am On Aug 25, 2019
dips4real:
Good afternoon NL. I am new here and infact, this is my first post.

I got admission to lambton college to study pgd in advanced health care leadership (2020 January resumption). After, I applied for my study visa June 7, 2019 and June 28, got my refusal letter. 2 REASONS: NOT SATISFIED YOU WILL LEAVE CANADA BASED ON TRAVEL HISTORY AND PURPOSE OF VISIT.

I repackaged myself, add all necessary documents, well written SOP, etc and submitted my application again July 16, 2019 and I requested for my GCMS report for the first refusal July 17( still waiting for report though) and just 4 days ago, August 20 precisely got a refusal letter again. 2 REASONS: NOT SATISFIED YOU WILL LEAVE CANADA BASED ON YOUR FAMILY TIES IN CANADA AND YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE ; BASED ON YOUR PURPOSE OF VISIT.

More information about my application, I graduated from OAU Ile Ife, 2010 from department of Medical Rehabilitation (Occupational Therapy Option). Did my internship in OAUTHC Ile Ife and went to Kaduna for my nysc ; completed all between 2011 and 2012. I started working with Medical Rehabilitation Therapists Board of Nigeria in 2013 till date. Married with two kids and they are not traveling with me and I have been given study leave at work.

To the best of my knowledge and ability, I perfected my application based on the knowledge gained from this people here in Nigeria, Canada,etc. I think I would not have done more than what I did as
1, I have sufficient funds in my account. 
2, my home tie is my wife and two kids which I included there birth certificate, my siblings here, work, etc
3, evidence of landed properties and government consents.
4, Employment letter, letter of introduction from work, study leave agreement duly notorised and sealed. Promotion letters, work ID card, tax clearance card,
5, pension statements of accounts, 
And many more

But I guess may be my age is the problem (37... Born February 1,1982). I maybe wrong though.

While waiting for my GCMS note of my first refusal to specifically tackle if possible the third time, i sincerely thank all the intellectuals on this forum for their sefless and indifatigable efforts in helping out as at when needed. In fact, there is no better place to gain TRV knowledge than this forum.

I HOPE FOR YOUR ADVICE ASAP. THANKS

THE DOCUMENTS IS SUBMITTED TO CIC AS BEEN EMAILED TO BY THE GCMS REPORT ISSUER(22N AUGUST, 2019) BUT THEY SAID THE DETAILED REFUSAL REPORT WILL COME AS SOON AS THEY GET IT( I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN SHA). Anyway I'm waiting for it
"To the best of your knowledge" but not to that of the VO: work on your SOP as Mr. Frank had said, and make sure you emphasize on your possibility of returning to your home country.

Good Luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dips4real(m): 2:26am On Aug 25, 2019
I wish Mr Frank can see my SOP, then you will understand what I'm saying. Anyway, no problem, I hope to receive the GCMS report of my first refusal as I said. Then, the way forward will be clearer. Thank you very much for your responses and I still hope to receive more advice to help prepare my third application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kingsley10000: 7:20am On Aug 25, 2019
I studied Animal production and livestock management with cgpa of 3.58.
I have gotten my transcript from my school,recommendation/reference letters from my lecturers and Attestation/English language proficiency....

The only course related to my field during my search is DIARY SCIENCE in CAU KIEL University...Please how can i apply,i really need guidance

Another question i want to ask is....Is there any other school is Germany that's offering animal science related courses (Animal husbandry,Animal health,Animal production,Animal nutrition etc)apart from DIARY SCIENCE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Thinker007: 8:02am On Aug 25, 2019
Waynee2baba: A friend suggested I send my transcript to WES(world education system) for assessment before proceeding for any application. Please can you or someone clarify me on this. What other suggested universities/institution or college that could also be good to apply to. Should I attach my transcript and certificate to the mail during my inquiry.
waynee2baba:

Irrespective of your CGPA, some universities might admit you for an MSc prorgamme because you've got relevant work experience. The first step you should do is visit the websites below to search for Canadian institutes offering your desired course;

- https://www.idp.com/india/search/electrical-engineering/postgraduate/canada/
- https://www.hotcoursesabroad.com/india/training-degrees/canada/masters/electrical-engineering-courses/loc/32/slevel/57-3-3/cgory/g5-3/sin/ct/programs.html
- https://www.findamasters.com/masters-degrees/canada/electrical-engineering/?700jsdh000

The second step is to email the graduate department of your chosen University, detailing your profile, relevant qualifications and experience. The goal is to see if you meet the admission requirements for an MSc degree.

If you do not, you can apply for a Postgraduate diploma (PGD) in institutes or colleges ~ Duration is typically a year or 2. (Check SAIT and NAIT)

Let me know if you require further clarifications.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 8:15am On Aug 25, 2019
I guess this thread isn't in German. Read the heading well. You are in the wrong thread. This is Canada and not Germany thread. Thanks.
Kingsley10000:
I studied Animal production and livestock management
with cgpa of 3.58.

I have gotten my transcript from my
school,recommendation/reference letters from my lecturers
and Attestation/English language proficiency....

The only course related to my field during my search is
DIARY SCIENCE in CAU KIEL University...Please how can i
apply,i really need guidance

Another question i want to ask is....Is there any other school
is Germany that's offering animal science related courses
(Animal husbandry,Animal health,Animal production,Animal
nutrition etc)apart from DIARY SCIENCE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:17am On Aug 25, 2019
UBCcookies:
Good day team, thanks to everyone that have contributed to this great thread. I'm July 8 and I got a request letter for my transcripts, duly completed family form(imm5645). I submitted the completed family form with my application and I don't know why they're asking for it again. House, please do I have to submit their birth certificates since I didn't do that? I need your advice

If IRCC ask for the re-submission of the IMM form, that means maybe the filled form lacks clarity or as the case may be based on their own discretion. When re-submitting the form, you can as well include other supporting documents like the suggested birth certificates etc. All documents should be in PDF format when re-submitting.

BTW there is no harm in the inclusion of any other supporting documents to the requested, as long as it is relevant to the purpose.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:21am On Aug 25, 2019
Blema111:

Ordering notes would take another one month...it’s just best to wait. The first webform I sent, I got this response. That few coming days is relative.

True, one month is a hell if a wait, but you may never know what you may find in the notes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:29am On Aug 25, 2019
Urielbam:
School fees receipt
Admission letter
Sponsors SOA with about 800,000 euro's (distant uncle and wife based in Dublin)
Police certificate
Medicals
Letter of explanation
Letter of sponsorship from sponsors
Birth certificate affidavit from national population

# I dint include my personal account
# I dint include my marriage certificate though I stated I am married

Hello Urielbam,

If this are the only documents submitted, especially with a third party sponsor, then in your next application you must work in areas of home ties, level of establishment, and your source of funds (finance). Thus, you should also include your personal SOA and married certificate in your next app. Then work of your SOP/LOE as it may also failed to address certain areas of your application convincingly.

First thing first, whether or not it would contain a generic detail explanation, request for your gcms notes.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:32am On Aug 25, 2019
UBCcookies:
Thank you. Do I have to attach the family form with my parents and 5 siblings' birth certificates?

Convert them individually into a PDF file, before merging as a single PDF file.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:44am On Aug 25, 2019
Anamekele:
Please gurus in the house what is the meaning of ties in Canada.

This has been a confusing term used by the VOs. When ever the refusal reasons of "home ties in Canada and home country pops," it means the economic benefits in Canada outweighs that of the PA's home country, and as such PA won't return because the benefits (ties) to remain in Canada is more when compared due to the level of establishment and/or economic opportunities in PA's home country.

In tackling this refusal reason, focus in tackling (only) the ties in home country convincingly by showing strong evidence or possible future facts whether tangible (landed properties etc) or intangible (possible employment, job creation, establishing etc). But for Nigerian applicants, tangible would be convincing mad satisfying.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:29am On Aug 25, 2019
mzjokky16:
Has anyone seen any funded application being refused?

Don't mean to sound negative, but in accordance to your question, a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Thinker007: 11:45am On Aug 25, 2019
A friend of mine suggested that I send my transcript and certificate to WES(world education system) for assessment before applying to any university or institution for postgraduate program. Please I need clarification on this. Also, should I attach transcript and certificate while emailing the postgraduate study whether I will be admitted for admission...
waynee2baba:

Irrespective of your CGPA, some universities might admit you for an MSc prorgamme because you've got relevant work experience. The first step you should do is visit the websites below to search for Canadian institutes offering your desired course;

- https://www.idp.com/india/search/electrical-engineering/postgraduate/canada/
- https://www.hotcoursesabroad.com/india/training-degrees/canada/masters/electrical-engineering-courses/loc/32/slevel/57-3-3/cgory/g5-3/sin/ct/programs.html
- https://www.findamasters.com/masters-degrees/canada/electrical-engineering/?700jsdh000

The second step is to email the graduate department of your chosen University, detailing your profile, relevant qualifications and experience. The goal is to see if you meet the admission requirements for an MSc degree.

If you do not, you can apply for a Postgraduate diploma (PGD) in institutes or colleges ~ Duration is typically a year or 2. (Check SAIT and NAIT)

Let me know if you require further clarifications.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:54am On Aug 25, 2019
Tstunt:
Hello good people!

My case goes this way, I submitted my application for a Canadian student visa via an online route on May 12, 2019. I did my biometrics on May 14, 2019. On June 25, I received a rejection letter from them. I was devastated and depressed, but I just had to move on.

I later applied for GCM Notes to find out the real reason for their refusal. Their reason was not worth it because I have a sister who was willing to sponsor my education with an available fund of 16,000 Cad for a start and she is based in Canada with her family.

I have attached the reasons the gave for my refusal.

What is the best course of action? Has their been anyone who has appealed their visa refusal and was successful? If so, can you refer me to a good immigration lawyer that will appeal for me (I suppose it is an immigration lawyer that will do)?

Please, I need help o, gurus in the house.

Hello Tstunt,

Going about the VO's concern was major on how your SOP was drafted. You've failed to relate and explain how certain required information need to be read by the VO add up to help them make their case and determine if you are eligible for a SP.

Maybe you failed to show an appropriate relationship and reasons for the sponsorship, a solid home ties and laying your level of establishment in a clear view, the benefits of your intended course/program to your self/country's development, available opportunities etc.

I don't think your notes is generic, rework on your SOP, as opting for a judicial review might (or not) fall to your favour but that's your decision. If am to advise you, I would suggest you re-apply and try to improve more on your application (SOP). You have the knife, yam, and fire.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:57am On Aug 25, 2019
Tstunt:

@Waynee2baba, First degree: 1. Agricultural Economics and Extension.
2. Proposed study: Advanced Diploma in Water quality
3. I submitted my Account statement and that of my sponsor.
4. Sponsor letter
5. Employer consent letter, payslip and employment letter
6. Sop
7. Family ties: Family landed properties, inherited property from my father, sponsor landed property.
8. Sponsor is my sister and she submitted her employment letter, tax clearance and birth certificate.
9. Police clearance form
10. IMMM forms.

P.s: someone was saying since I wasn't sponsoring myself, I shouldn't have submitted my bank statement.

I can forward my SOP to you for review and suggestion. Can I have your email?

Kindly work on your SOP, as well include your personal SOA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2019
SmallerB:
Hi guys, please this was the response i got after mailing kenya and lagos about my letter of introduction that they have refused to send. They sent this today, evening time sha and i checked my page and its not there

Did you also mail Lagos? If no, do. Lagos is sometimes faster in this kind of scenario
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:17pm On Aug 25, 2019
Oluwaseunbd:
Goodmorning my people,please can one switch from a 2year program to a 1year program after arriving in Canada?what happens to the remaining 1year on my study permit if I eventually switch?

Why would you want to do that? I guess maybe you only have intentions of studying and not wanting to stay in Canada, and as such you don't have interest in PGWP.

To answer your question: yes, you switch easily, and what happens to the other 1 yrs would be to apply for a 1yr PGWP to get a Canadian work experience or return home to help develop your country with the attained knowledge.

All the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.