Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,869 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1027982 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 11:18am On Jan 10, 2020
Attn: missnigeria

With your Hnd education i will recommend Post graduate certificate in Financial planning Services than the bold below

https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/financial-planning-services

Nice suggestions Qudkom

Qudkom:

With your experience you should be looking at an advanced diploma program in accounting. As for your husband and kids you'll have to exclude them from your application so they can serve as your home ties. You can always apply for them to come and join you but that will cost you a lot of money in terms of proof of funds for a family of 4. If you had an msc degree I would have suggested express entry to begin with.

I'll also advice that you look into provinces with decent living expenses and good immigration pathways like Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and the likes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Laurendee: 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Laurendee,

The common similar between the two is that they are both done after a first degree. In brief, a PBD can easily pave a switch to another area or field of study and can as well use to support a weak first degree.

A PGC can be done to acquire an academic knowledge/certificate in a developing or new professional interest line.

For more info, you can google.

The 20 months program is equivalent to 2yrs. Most programs in some/almost all schools runs for 8 months making it 16 months for a 2yrs program. This qualify you for a 3yr PGWP.

All the best.

Thank you so much. If I have an option of choosing between a PBD of 20 months and a PGC of 1 year both offering supply chain management. Which would you advice me to go for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Laurendee: 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Are you sure it is 12 months duration? It says 1 year program on school website does not mean it is 12 months, you need to confirm from the school if it is 2 or 3 semesters. I think it is most likely going to be an eight months program.

The poster you quoted usually recommends Connestoga on this thread probably because he is an alumni of the college.

I think you should search for 3 - 5 schools, compare and then choose the school that you prefer. I will also suggest, if you decide to go for Logistics and Supply Chain Management, choose a school that offers the program with co-op.

Is 1 year PGWP enough time to look for job and process PR? It depends on so many factors which has been discussed some weeks back on this thread. Links attached below.

https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/422#84461802

https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/431#84642506

Thank you so much, this was really helpful.

I’ve searched so many universities, haven’t seen any that offer supply chain with co op option. Some have masters in supply chain but the tuition are kind of high and it’s a 16 month program. Most offer it as PBD or PGC. So kind of confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by missnigeria: 12:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
Jephehe:
Attn: missnigeria

With your Hnd education i will recommend Post graduate certificate in Financial planning Services than the bold below

https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/financial-planning-services

Nice suggestions Qudkom

Thanks for the information. Will act on it fast
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by missnigeria: 12:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
Qudkom:

With your experience you should be looking at an advanced diploma program in accounting. As for your husband and kids you'll have to exclude them from your application so they can serve as your home ties. You can always apply for them to come and join you but that will cost you a lot of money in terms of proof of funds for a family of 4. If you had an msc degree I would have suggested express entry to begin with.

I'll also advice that you look into provinces with decent living expenses and good immigration pathways like Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and the likes.

Thank you so much. I will act fast
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by missnigeria: 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2020
Qudkom:

Thanks for the information. Will act on it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 1:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
Happy New Year My Great People. I'm rooting for everyone and looking forward to having the best year with you all in 2020. Glad to be back here!

My sincere apologies goes to those of you that sent emails/requests/messages to me during the festive period which I am yet to respond, be rest assured that I'll revert back to all your request within the shortest timeframe possible... I would also like to use this medium to appreciate my knowledgeable guys in here (Qudkom, JustMellow, Mcobex, and Najia foreigner etc. that have kept the good works rolling here. May the good lord bless us all abundantly. Amen!

It will end in praises!

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2020
Frankrobbn1:
Happy New Year My Great People. I'm rooting for everyone and looking forward to having the best year with you all in 2020. Glad to be back here!
Happy new year bro. Wish you all the best this year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 1:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
Qudkom:

Happy new year bro. Wish you all the best this year.

Thank you my brother... I really appreciate the good works you've been doing here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Piecoco: 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

My sincere apologies goes to those of you that sent emails/requests/messages to me during the festive period which I am yet to respond, be rest assured that I'll revert back to request within the shortest timeframe possible... I would also like to use this medium to appreciate my knowledgeable guys (Qudkom, JustMellow, Mcobex, and Najia foreigner etc. in here that have kept the good work rolling here. May the good lord bless us all abundantly. Amen!

Welcome back bro, happy new year bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyinlove15: 2:43pm On Jan 10, 2020
Please someone should kindly help me with an answer.

Also please does anyone know about block account for Canada that I can put my remaining school fees pending the time of payment.

Thanks I will appreciate a response
oyinlove15:
Hi,

I will like to reapply soon probably this month , I was refused based on financial resources etc.

I will like to know if there's need for my sponsor to have transferred my living expenses like some months before I reapply or it doesnt matter how long the money had stayed in my account before I reapply.

I will also like to know if my sponsor will need to do another affidavit of sponsorship or I can use the prrevious one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
Laurendee:

Thank you so much, this was really helpful.

I’ve searched so many universities, haven’t seen any that offer supply chain with co op option. Some have masters in supply chain but the tuition are kind of high and it’s a 16 month program. Most offer it as PBD or PGC. So kind of confused

Most universities don’t have the co-op option. If you have the CGPA that can get you into a masters in LSCM then you should consider that first. University of Windsor fees for 16 months in MSC LSCM equals what you will spend in 2 years of college for PGD LSCM.

Let me ask you a question, do you or your sponsor have the money at the moment to pay for 2 years in college or you only have money for 1 year?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 2:47pm On Jan 10, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

My sincere apologies goes to those of you that sent emails/requests/messages to me during the festive period which I am yet to respond, be rest assured that I'll revert back to all your request within the shortest timeframe possible... I would also like to use this medium to appreciate my knowledgeable guys in here (Qudkom, JustMellow, Mcobex, and Najia foreigner etc. that have kept the good works rolling here. May the good lord bless us all abundantly. Amen!

It will end in praises!

Happy new year bro, good to have you back.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 2:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
oyinlove15:

Also please does anyone know about block account for Canada that I can put my remaining school fees pending the time of payment.

Who is your sponsor? Your parents, close family member or a third party?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyinlove15: 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2020
My parent (mother)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyinlove15: 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2020
Parent (mother)
quote author=Naijaforeigner post=85676158]

Who is your sponsor? Your parents, close family member or a third party?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Rijo02: 3:06pm On Jan 10, 2020
Markab:
Good morning fam. Can anyone please advise what the timeline for VFS Courier delivery as against picking up the passport in person. Departure date is Jan 24 and got PPR today, exactly 3 weeks from this day. If memory serves me right, timeline for passport submission to collection used to be 2 weeks on average but I learnt people are now experiencing delays with VFS. Any helpful tips would be appreciated. Thank you

Yea, she will get it before two weeks. Despite the holidays, we got it in 16 days (including weekends). The 24 Jan flight you talked about, I guess its either Ethiopian or Egypt Airline. I monitored those tickets before!!

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2020
YOUNGJOHN05:

Also got admission to CBU
finalizing my application there, how long did your application take in weeks?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ibuchim101:
Hello everyone!

I got admission to study Data Analytics in Cape Breton University, starting in May, 2020. I have applied for my visa and currently awaiting the decision of the RICC. Is anyone on this train with me? Please let us know ourselves.

Also, i suggest we start from now to start making arrangements for accommodation with faith.

Applying in a bit...how long did your application take before admission letter ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 3:25pm On Jan 10, 2020
oyinlove15:
My parent (mother)

There is no right or wrong answer but my advise will be based on how I handled mine.

If your parents have a good cash flow for minimum of 4 months, you don’t need to hold the money (Living expenses) in your account for months as well.

All you need to do is submit your parents SOA and yours clearly indicating in your LOE that your living expenses have been transferred by your parents to your account. Proofs of what they do, properties they have, proof of relationship and so forth.

When I did mine, my parents transferred the money into my account and within a week I applied. My mum already had a very good cash flow for years in her account. I only needed to show what she does for a living and properties she had.

Also when I renewed my study permit in Canada, because the money came from Nigeria through a third party (an agent), I allowed the money stay in my account for 3 weeks before applying.

All the best.

P.s Carefully make sure you go through your application this time around and don’t be in a rush to reapply. Your parents sponsoring you is a good one. You will get your visa this time!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Markab: 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
Yea...It's couriered already. We submitted on Monday we got the dispatch email on Wednesday. We should be receiving it today hopefully. It was super fast than I had expected.

Yes, it's Egypt Air.
Rijo02:

Yea, she will get it before two weeks. Despite the holidays, we got it in 16 days (including weekends). The 24 Jan flight you talked about, I guess its either Ethiopian or Egypt Airline. I monitored those tickets before!!

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyinlove15: 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
Thank you so much, I appreciate.

Naijaforeigner:

There is no right or wrong answer but my advise will be based on how I handled mine.

If your parents have a good cash flow for minimum of 4 months, you don’t need to hold the money (Living expenses) in your account for months as well.

All you need to do is submit your parents SOA and yours clearly indicating in your LOE that your living expenses have been transferred by your parents to your account. Proofs of what they do, properties they have, proof of relationship and so forth.

When I did mine, my parents transferred the money into my account and within a week I applied. My mum already had a very good cash flow for years in her account. I only needed to show what she does for a living and properties she had.

Also when I renewed my study permit in Canada, because the money came from Nigeria through a third party (an agent), I allowed the money stay in my account for 3 weeks before applying.

All the best.

P.s Carefully make sure you go through your application this time around and don’t be in a rush to reapply. Your parents sponsoring you is a good one. You will get your visa this time!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praises!
Happy new year bro. Hope my portion of the isi-ewu is still intact? Welcome back

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 4:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
oyinlove15:

It doesn't matter how long the money stays in your account as long as it it well explained in your SOP and the letter of support from your sponsor.
As for the reasons of your denial, have you ordered for your gcms note just to be sure of what the vo thinks about your previous app? If not, then I will advise you don't rush to reapply, so you can order for it so as to have a watertight reapplication.
The choice is yours, but I always advise you get your gcms note before any reapplication, so you don't just jump in blindly. Except if you think you didn't do enough in your first application as regards funds.
Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyinlove15: 4:53pm On Jan 10, 2020
Thank you so much, I have applied for the gcms note although I am still patiently waiting for it till the end of this month even thou the ones I have seen are copy and paste of the same reason.

mcobex:
It doesn't matter how long the money stays in your account as long as it it well explained in your SOP and the letter of support from your sponsor.
As for the reasons of your denial, have you ordered for your gcms note just to be sure of what the vo thinks about your previous app? If not, then I will advise you don't rush to reapply, so you can order for it so as to have a watertight reapplication.
The choice is yours, but I always advise you get your gcms note before any reapplication, so you don't just jump in blindly. Except if you think you didn't do enough in your first application as regards funds.
Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
Piecoco:
Good evening house, please I just deferred my admission to fall 2020, but am still waiting for my decision on visa application, hope it will not effect my chance of getting it. Thanks for your response

Hello Piecoco,

It won't but do well to have the new admission letter, so it will be easily accessible when requested by IRCC.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 5:05pm On Jan 10, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praises!

Happy New Year bro. Welcome back.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:05pm On Jan 10, 2020
cliqtips:
Please how can I secure funding to study in the US/canada ?

Hello Cliqtips,

For Canada, your choice program if it is a Master should be a Thesis/Research. If it is a Ph.D program, funding comes along depending on the school, research interest, field, supervisor and so forth.

For more information about funding/scholarship, contact your prospect school or surf through their website.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2020
Mcilfero:

Thank you Sir! Some schools asked for two samples of written work in my application for a research based program. Does that mean a journal? Please I need clarifications.

Hello Mcilfero,

I presume this is a Masters program. If yes, you can upload your undergraduate dissertation and any other published work (article, journal, book etc). If you don't have any, an unpublished work would suffice but endeavour that it should be pure academic even if its 5 to/or 10 pages.

N.B: do well to inquire from your prospect school if an unpublish work would be accepted as schools policies may differ.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Piecoco: 5:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Piecoco,

It won't but do well to have the new admission letter, so it will be easily accessible when requested by IRCC.

All the best
Yes bro, have gotten one yesterday. It was sent to me by Memorial university. Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
tolatrends:
Greetings!

Thank you for your response @Justmellow. Much appreciated.

Sorry, i have a few more questions;

1. Please i have read that applicants get the medicals done before submitting the online application.. where and how do i go about this ?

2. Can anyone please share a template of study leave approval from employer to show strong ties and additional evidence to return to home country? Thank you in advance. ( I have a reference letter from a social group that i am actively involved in and i also intend to attach a reference letter from my business partner);

3. For purpose of clarity what does LOE mean? is it the same as SOP?

4. Please kindly share all the required documents to enable a tight application;

Many thanks for your response. Look forward to your kind feedback.

Best,

Hello Tolatrends,

When you heard, what verified source did the sayer provide as proof of the emphasis? To what I know;

1. An upfront medicals can be done either before or after submission whether for online or paper. If you intend to do an upfront medicals, you have to book an appointment with Qlife or IOM either in Lagos or Abuja. For their contact details, visit IRCC website or access through Google.

2. There is no special or unique format but the personal information contained in it. It should reflect the name of the school, location, date of commencement and expected date of return. It should also indicate if the leave would be with pay or without pay. How they will temporary cover your duties (if applicable) and other relevant information as per the (leave) policy in your work place. There are lots of templates on net.

3. An SOP and LOE are similar and can be used interchangeably. As a norm, first time applicants use the SOP to talk about their course, purpose of visit, future goals, the intended school and country etc. While the LOE is use to provide clarity to any diacrepancies in your application. The LOE is mainly use by second time applicants to explain their reaosns for refusal and how their situation has changed. It is a choice also if there is necessity to include the SOP.

4. Check the first page of part 15 or 16 or surf through the thread of part 14 or 15 for shared documents by previous successful applicants. You can also check IRCC website.

P.S: let's try to go through previous posts, these questions and many others has been repeatedly answered.

All the best.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:56pm On Jan 10, 2020
cliqtips:
please what does this mean "International students, full-time: $4,444.00 per course tuition" ?

Hello Cliqtips,

Which school?

You should confirm with your prospect school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.