Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1440974 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 11:03am On Jun 23, 2019
Seeyat:

There isn't. I'm thinking of writing a cover letter

What do you think?

Additional information is there, i unknowingly omitted it.

Can i write a cover letter or cancel the application and ask for a refund?
Im worried, please enlighten me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tallestguy: 12:10pm On Jun 23, 2019
How long for someone to reapply back, I was refuse on ground that by open balance in last year August too small that maybe I loaded my account my account for six month for the purpose of traveling and that my account could have high than the balance I have.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
tallestguy:
How long for someone to reapply back, I was refuse on ground that by open balance in last year August too small that maybe I loaded my account my account for six month for the purpose of traveling and that my account could have high than the balance I have.

You can reapply at anytime as long as your circumstance has changed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 101adewole(m): 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2019
All the best bro...we cant wait to hear the good news
beeveepee:

Thank you. I'll be doing that on Monday. Have a blessed Sunday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 1:26pm On Jun 23, 2019
Seeyat:

Additional information is there, i unknowingly omitted it.

Can i write a cover letter or cancel the application and ask for a refund?
Im worried, please enlighten me
Write a cover letter. You should work towards rectifying the reason(s) for your previous refusal because the ECO that will handle your application will definitely make reference to it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 1:36pm On Jun 23, 2019
Dolorsa:
Write a cover letter. You should work towards rectifying the reason(s) for your previous refusal because the ECO that will handle your application will definitely make reference to it.

I can do that. Thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lexy1234: 5:30pm On Jun 23, 2019
What was your opening balance and your closing balance. How long were you working for and what was your salary. You need to address those issues in your next application. You could share your letter or refusal here for other people's input

tallestguy:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 5:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
Seeyat:
Hello everyone, if I'm visiting London on tourism does it have to be central London or anywhere in London? I'm asking because i see a cheap hostel there

U can visit any where in London but I will advice if this is your first visit I will advice central London because that is where u will see all the tourist attractions as a visitor. U can check out this hostel BARKSTON ROOMS EARLS COURT. It is in London and still cheap. As for first timer to UK , London is the first place one should think and excited to visit, that is the way I see it.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 7:23pm On Jun 23, 2019
Monmarri:

U can visit any where in London but I will advice if this is your first visit I will advice central London because that is where u will see all the tourist attractions as a visitor. U can check out this hostel BARKSTON ROOMS EARLS COURT. It is in London and still cheap. As for first timer to UK , London is the first place one should think and excited to visit, that is the way I see it.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by canalarge101: 2:57am On Jun 24, 2019
justwise:

Then go ahead and apply

Thanks again for your response. Do the share the same DATA BASE. PLS HELP
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osama10(m): 3:52am On Jun 24, 2019
Can one use a fixed deposit for UK Visitors Visa as Proof of Funds?

Funds has been fixed since May 1st, 2019.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cerezo: 6:33am On Jun 24, 2019
This got me rejection in 2014. The refusal was based on the fact that the FD is not readily available for the intended trip. I'll advise you retain some substantial money in your account for your trip beside the fixed deposit. In other words, do not keep all the money in FD. Say for instance, some 500k in FD, also keep at least enough money to fund your trip in your savings/current account. Another point to note, make sure there's a trace of the money for the FD in your account.

Osama10:
Can one use a fixed deposit for UK Visitors Visa as Proof of Funds?

Funds has been fixed since May 1st, 2019.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijeshaoflondon: 6:59am On Jun 24, 2019
Good Morning to you all. MY friend is applying for a 6 month visa. He is married with 2 kids... his salary is 185k/month... his account balance is 1.2m.... His budget for the trip is £1200

Flight £550
Hotel-£ 200 for 7 days
Bta- £ 450

Just want to know if the account balance of 1.2m will fly. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osama10(m): 7:14am On Jun 24, 2019
cerezo:
This got me rejection in 2014. The refusal was based on the fact that the FD is not readily available for the intended trip. I'll advise you retain some substantial money in your account for your trip beside the fixed deposit. In other words, do not keep all the money in FD. Say for instance, some 500k in FD, also keep at least enough money to fund your trip in your savings/current account. Another point to note, make sure there's a trace of the money for the FD in your account.

OK Noted.

But the FD could be liquidated asap if need be for the trip, maybe a cover letter can be added to explain this to the VO.

What do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:14am On Jun 24, 2019
this budget can be reduced in relation to his salary..... and also what did he fill as his disposable income per month? As that’s the amount that would be used against his trip cost not the 185k
ijeshaoflondon:
Good Morning to you all. MY friend is applying for a 6 month visa. He is married with 2 kids... his salary is 185k/month... his account balance is 1.2m.... His budget for the trip is £1200

Flight £550
Hotel-£ 200 for 7 days
Bta- £ 450

Just want to know if the account balance of 1.2m will fly. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:16am On Jun 24, 2019
take the advice of the person, there have been so many refusals caus of funds that were not palpable even though the people said they submitted various letters to explain that the money can be liquidated. Its either the money is palpable or it is not... no inbetween liquidation anything
The money for the trip should be in your savings or current account ie. it is readily available
Osama10:

OK Noted.

But the FD could be liquidated asap if need be for the trip, maybe a cover letter can be added to explain this to the VO.

What do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osama10(m): 7:20am On Jun 24, 2019
giselle237:
take the advice of the person, there have been so many refusals caus of funds that were not palpable even though the people said they submitted various letters to explain that the money can be liquidated. Its either the money is palpable or it is not... no inbetween liquidation anything
The money for the trip should be in your savings or current account ie. it is readily available

OK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Siberry: 8:04am On Jun 24, 2019
Hi guys

After submitted my application two weeks, I didn't get any email from UKVI confirming reciept, although it's saud on TSL website that it's been recovered by DMC. Is this normal?

Most importantly, can I still withdraw my application after they've sent it to the UK? If test, please how I do it? made a massive mistake in the application which cannot be Corrected with sending them an extra cover letter?

Thanks guys.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 10:51am On Jun 24, 2019
Hello gurus in this great forum, I'm submitting my UK visa application soon and below are what i have been able to provide.

1, Employment letter
2, Work ID
3, No objection letter from my employer* corrected
4, 6 months bank statement with payslips
5, Hotel reservation for 7 days
6, Cover letter of my Itinerary
7, Pre booked flight reservation
8, Married certificate and pictures
9, Cover letter explaining the irregularities in my bank statement and prove of rent payment recived
10, Documents of my property

7 days trip costs #359,700 and that includes flight ticket.

Do i still need a leave letter or the Objection letter has covered it or what more is needed?

I need advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:22am On Jun 24, 2019
It is a NO objection letter not objection letter
Also in your cover letter try to speak on what basis u were denied the last time and how you have been able to address that in your present application
Seeyat:
Hello gurus in this great forum, I'm submitting my UK visa application soon and below are what i have been able to provide.

1, Employment letter
2, Work ID
3, Objection letter from my employer
9, Cover letter explaining the irregularities in my bank statement and prove of rent payment recived

Do i still need a leave letter or the Objection letter has covered it or what more is needed?

I need advice

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bourne007(m): 11:49am On Jun 24, 2019
If documents are uploaded on the website rather than scan at centre, do I still need to take the documents along?

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MadameW: 12:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
No, what you need are:
1)Copy of your bio data page
2$Checklist
3)The confirmation page after all documents uploaded were accepted
4)Appointment confirmation mail
5)Your passport

Bourne007:
If documents are uploaded on the website rather than scan at centre, do I still need to take the documents along?

Cheers

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bourne007(m): 1:09pm On Jun 24, 2019
Thank you smiley

MadameW:

No, what you need are:
1)Copy of your bio data page
2$Checklist
3)The confirmation page after all documents uploaded were accepted
4)Appointment confirmation mail
5)Your passport

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by amazingernest: 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hello house please I went to tlscontact to do my UK visa interviews it includes biometric submission.i don't know if they will still be another interview any advice please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Siberry: 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2019
Seeyat:

1, Employment letter
2, Work ID

I need advice

Please could someone help me the above?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2019
Seeyat:

1, Employment letter
2, Work ID

[b]Do i still need a leave letter or the Objection letter has covered it [/b]or what more is needed?

I need advice

A specific leave letter indicating dates into which your trip falls is better as opposed to a no-objection letter.

Check your budget again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2019
giselle237:
Also in your cover letter try to speak on what basis u were denied the last time and how you have been able to address that in your present application
Maybe he should post the refusal letter here for gurus to see and possibly help address it before submitting a new application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2019
Seeyat:

1, Employment letter
2, Work ID

you only need introduction letter which the body of the letter covers your leave

I need advice

What do you mean by objection letter?
You don't need pre booked flight reservation. Not relevant. Till u get your visa you can book flight.

Your 7days buget for your trip is too small. What of your living cost, transport fare to visit sight attractions, little shopping. Pls work on your budget. Moreso your budget need to include your hotel reservation. U also need six months payslips.

Total buget estimate:-
Flight fare
Accommodation
Living expenses
Transportation fare to visit tourist attractions
Shopping

you only need introduction letter which the body of the letter covers your leave details.

Please post your refusal bf submitting to cross check all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 2:04pm On Jun 24, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2019
giselle237:

Pardon my typo, I have no objection letter from my employer

What's needed to be added in your point of view?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2019
Monmarri:

What do you mean by objection letter?
You don't need pre booked flight reservation. Not relevant. Till u get your visa you can book flight.

Your 7days buget for your trip is too small. What of your living cost, transport fare to visit sight attractions, little shopping. Pls work on your budget. Moreso your budget need to include your hotel reservation. U also need six months payslips.

Total buget estimate:-
Flight fare
Accommodation
Living expenses
Transportation fare to visit tourist attractions
Shopping

you only need introduction letter which the body of the letter covers your leave details.

Please post your refusal bf submitting to cross check all

I dont think adding shopping to it is a must, besides i've booked a cheap hostel as to make my budget reasonable
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osemigho: 2:15pm On Jun 24, 2019
Seeyat:

I don’t think the budget can work if you don’t have a family in the UK. Last LAgos-Gatwick return flight that I booked is about 240k. So, I don’t know how one will survive with 100k for 7 days.

Is objection letter a letter of introduction or leave?

I don’t think there is a general formulae. It is every applicant duty to present a very convincing case.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.