Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1455584 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2020
NIFES:

10th December .

congrats NIFES,
did u track it on tls website to know if ur passport is ready for collection or how did u do it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by idogbo(m): 3:55pm On Jan 06, 2020
Hello everyone I am a UK first time applicant and would love to know the possibility of getting
A tourist visa using hotel reservation rather than invitation Please help @justwise et all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 4:53pm On Jan 06, 2020
NIFES:
Hello house.
I got my passport back today with a 6 months validity Visa stamp after 2 previous rejections all thanks to God and experience gained from following this thread.
I have learnt so much on here and the travel section in general.
Thanks @Justwise and other gurus for the patience you take in answering our varying (and some times ridiculous) questions.
I appreciate it all. God bless .
Cheers. smiley

Congrats!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 5:11pm On Jan 06, 2020
document submitted

NIFES:
Hello house.
I got my passport back today with a 6 months validity Visa stamp after 2 previous rejections all thanks to God and experience gained from following this thread.
Thanks @Justwise and other gurus for the patience you take in answering our varying (and some times ridiculous) questions.
Cheers. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nikimanni7: 6:46pm On Jan 06, 2020
Hello House, Please for any of us experienced applicants, I was refused a visit visa around late November because I didn’t show proof for source of funds. I apparently submitted only his bank statement and sponsorship letter(My bad). Though I plan on applying again May/June. My dad is acting as my sponsor and he owns a business. What type of documents do think will be enough to convince the consular officer.
This is the first reason I was denied.

Also I was also denied because my birth certificate was issued way after my birth(2019). I mean I was issued a new one because my old one got missing. I only submitted the new birth certificate as evident of relationship with my parents but I got refused too cause of this reason.
Next time I’m applying, should I submit an affidavit and police report to proof it really went missing or I should just do a declaration of age?
PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:42pm On Jan 06, 2020
idogbo:
Hello everyone I am a UK first time applicant and would love to know the possibility of getting
A tourist visa using hotel reservation rather than invitation Please help @justwise et all.

That is very possible
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:42pm On Jan 06, 2020
NIFES:
Hello house.
Cheers. smiley

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2020
fakmurphy:
Hi great people of this institution, @justwise et all. I'd like to seek some clarification on UK Visa application. By April, my firm is sending 2 staffs to London for a 2 days property investor show, the admission to the exhibition is free of charge so we're only paying the staffs (attendees) for flight, accommodation and feeding. So my questions; 1) What are the documents to be supplied by the firm. We usually pay staffs salaries into their accounts without payslips or tax deduction. 2) What are the documents to be supplied by the applicants themselves?. 3) Although we stand to gain a lot from the event but does the fact that the admission to show is free of charge raises an eyebrow from the embassy?.

It does and it will be difficult for your company to convince the ECO that sending 2 staff to the UK for property show is feasible venture .

How will two days property show benefit your company compare that to the cost of those two staff traveling for the show
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Alinkoo(m): 9:01pm On Jan 06, 2020
Hello guys, been worried about my study visa application I submitted last month. I was refused UK study Visa in 2007, 2008 and 2010, but from 2011 I was issued a visiting visa, same with 2012 and 2014 with 2 years and 5 years visiting Visa respectively.

Then last 2 years, i tried Canada Study Visa I was refused, then tried same Canada Study Visa early last year I was refused Canada study visa for the second time.

I then applied for UK study visa last month and I encountered so many questions concerning my previous refusals both from UK and other countries, I couldn't provide refusal letters from UK because I couldn't find them as it's been more than 10 years, though I quoted the refusal stamps on my passport and hope it will help. I also quoted the Canada refusal informations and the sub sections but I didn't upload the letters. So it's been bothering me. I am expecting my passport this week as it will complete 15 working days this week.

Should I be worried?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:04pm On Jan 06, 2020
Nikimanni7:
Hello House, Please for any of us experienced applicants, I was refused a visit visa around late November because I didn’t show proof for source of funds. I apparently submitted only his bank statement and sponsorship letter(My bad). Though I plan on applying again May/June. My dad is acting as my sponsor and he owns a business. What type of documents do think will be enough to convince the consular officer.

Also I was also denied because my birth certificate was issued way after my birth(2019). I mean I was issued a new one because my old one got missing. I only submitted the new birth certificate as evident of relationship with my parents but I got refused too cause of this reason.
Next time I’m applying, should I submit an affidavit and police report to proof it really went missing or I should just do a declaration of age?
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Do you work or run your own business?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NIFES(f): 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2020
opomulero:

congrats NIFES,
did u track it on tls website to know if ur passport is ready for collection or how did u do it?

No, I didn't know via tracking; I lost interest in the tracking after the first few days. I got emails (2 emails within 5 minutes interval) from TLScontact notifying me that my document was ready for collection.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NIFES(f): 9:26pm On Jan 06, 2020
justwise:

Congratulations!
Thanks @Justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NIFES(f): 9:27pm On Jan 06, 2020
Suuz:

Congrats!

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 10:11pm On Jan 06, 2020
Since you referenced the refusal stamps on ur passport and included your old passport (if there’s any) U shld be fine as long as other documents are intact.

All the best and keep up the faith �

Alinkoo:
Hello guys, been worried about my study visa application I submitted last month. I was refused UK study Visa in 2007, 2008 and 2010, but from 2011 I was issued a visiting visa, same with 2012 and 2014 with 2 years and 5 years visiting Visa respectively.

Then last 2 years, i tried Canada Study Visa I was refused, then tried same Canada Study Visa early last year I was refused Canada study visa for the second time.

I then applied for UK study visa last month and I encountered so many questions concerning my previous refusals both from UK and other countries, I couldn't provide refusal letters from UK because I couldn't find them as it's been more than 10 years, though I quoted the refusal stamps on my passport and hope it will help. I also quoted the Canada refusal informations and the sub sections but I didn't upload the letters. So it's been bothering me. I am expecting my passport this week as it will complete 15 working days this week.

Should I be worried?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 10:17pm On Jan 06, 2020
First of all you need to show your tie to Nigeria, job/business, family (wife/kids), landed properties and so on. Your dad’s documents are supplementary, u have to show urs and how u stand on ur own.

Nikimanni7:

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:33am On Jan 07, 2020
What do you do for a living?
Nikimanni7:
This is the first reason I was denied. Also I was also denied because my birth certificate was issued way after my birth(2019). I mean I was issued a new one because my old one got missing. I only submitted the new birth certificate as evident of relationship with my parents but I got refused too cause of this reason.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 6:58am On Jan 07, 2020
This also applies to the question I've been wanting to ask. If a husband is the SOLE sponsor of a wife's trip, should the wife submit her bank statement after submitting employment letter, Payslips and pension statements?
giselle237:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 7:18am On Jan 07, 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:56am On Jan 07, 2020
She must.. even though she is sponsored, the ECO likes to have an idea of her own circumstances in Nigeria.
Success2011:
This also applies to the question I've been wanting to ask. If a husband is the SOLE sponsor of a wife's trip, should the wife submit her bank statement after submitting employment letter, Payslips and pension statements?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 7:58am On Jan 07, 2020
Yes!
Success2011 p1ost=85571932:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 8:44am On Jan 07, 2020
[quote author=ozymes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fakmurphy(m): 9:51am On Jan 07, 2020
Thanks, so that means we have to find another paid show. I will still come back to ask the questions on documentation whenever I'm ready.
justwise:
[/b]

It does and it will be difficult for your company to convince the ECO that sending 2 staff to the UK for property show is feasible venture .

How will two days property show benefit your company compare that to the cost of those two staff traveling for the show
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skrskr: 10:41am On Jan 07, 2020
Hi Everyone.
Hope y'all doing great?
I have a couple of questions

1. I got a 6-month visit visa in November (Expires May2020). I am using 2 months on my first visit which ends in January and will be back home shortly.
I would like to come back in April-June (Another 2 months) for basically the same purpose I got the 6months visit visa for (to visit family), would also like to attend events relating to my business industry/personal growth as well.
Do I stand a good chance of getting a 2-year visa if I apply for it by February or do I still have to renew for 6 months?? (Remember I only used 2 months from my 6 months and never overstayed).

Secondly, does anyone know about the category called ''Family of a settled person visa''?
My parents are UK citizens but I am not and I am over 18, is there any type of visa that allows me to join them that is not a visit visa?
I have been seeing stuff about it online but the UK GOV website is a bit ambiguous about people over 18 so I wanted to ask if anyone knows about or has experienced it and how they went about it.

Lastly and unrelated, does anyone have experience with Australia visit visa?
I got refused once due to no clear source of funds, lack of travel history and ties to Nig but the situation has since changed with travel history to UAE and UK, payslips with fair salary and evidence of funds for over 6 months.

Do I stand a good chance now? Are there any dos or donts that are different from the UK visit visa process or is it very similar?
Thanks guys.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:39am On Jan 07, 2020
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa
Skrskr:
Secondly, does anyone know about the category called ''Family of a settled person visa''?
My parents are UK citizens but I am not and I am over 18, is there any type of visa that allows me to join them that is not a visit visa?
I have been seeing stuff about it online but the UK GOV website is a bit ambiguous about people over 18 so I wanted to ask if anyone knows about or has experienced it and how they went about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skrskr: 12:06pm On Jan 07, 2020
giselle237:
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

I saw the link but it is a bit ambiguous. Not sure if it's saying I have to be dependent on my parents to qualify.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Calypso1234(m): 9:13pm On Jan 07, 2020
Now am officially tired of this UK visa application. I submitted & did biometrics since 5th Dec, I didn’t get a response until I requested at almost N2,800 on the 2nd of Jan, I got a response after about 4 hrs that a decision has been made & that TLS would contact me & since then I haven’t heard from TLS. I work in Ikeja so I visited TLS today & they said UKVI is yet to send the decision to them.
@Justwise @Giselle & other gurus, u guys should advise me on the next line of action o, 5th Dec to 7th Jan & still no feedback.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 07, 2020
Calypso1234:
Now am officially tired of this UK visa application. I submitted & did biometrics since 5th Dec, I didn’t get a response until I requested at almost N2,800 on the 2nd of Jan, I got a response after about 4 hrs that a decision has been made & that TLS would contact me & since then I haven’t heard from TLS. I work in Ikeja so I visited TLS today & they said UKVI is yet to send the decision to them.
@Justwise @Giselle & other gurus, u guys should advise me on the next line of action o, 5th Dec to 7th Jan & still no feedback.
I also submitted on that same day. I haven't gotten any feedback yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 10:51pm On Jan 07, 2020
Does she have an account? If yes, let her submit and also explain any inflows, is there any evidence that husband sents money to her account?
opomulero:

what if the wife is unemployed and doesn't have bank account, pension etc etc

I am saying this because this was how one of my uncle got visa for his whole family of six (husband, wife and 4 pikin) though he works in Oil and Gas , i dont know if this is a contributing factor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:33am On Jan 08, 2020
Tired ke? It will come. Dont go anywhere again as long as you have called and they said decision has been made... some people did wait upto 6 weeks after the call before they got their passports back. Sorry!
Calypso1234:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nikimanni7: 7:23am On Jan 08, 2020
giselle237:

Oh, I don’t work as I am a student please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nikimanni7: 7:25am On Jan 08, 2020
justwise:

Do you work or run your own business?
No sir, I’m still a student. I was just going for a visit in the uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nikimanni7: 7:26am On Jan 08, 2020
omopapa:
First of all you need to show your tie to Nigeria, job/business, family (wife/kids), landed properties and so on. Your dad’s documents are supplementary, u have to show urs and how u stand on ur own.

No sir, I’m still a student. I was just going for a visit in the uk. I submitted documents to prove that I’m a student.

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.