Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,174 members, 7,835,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1455463 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:30am On Jan 08, 2020
How many years is your course? And what level are u presently?
For your dad as a businessman and sponsor... show the evidence of origin of his funds such as cac documents, tax certificates, invoices or anything to show proof of this business, his bank statement

Submit the police report and affidavit for missing certificate as well as the new age declaration or birth certificate... explain also in your cover letter.. the dates and how it got lost must tally in all these evidence.

Submit your admission letter, school results from start till date, school id, introduction letter from school, all school fees receipts... any other thing you hold that shows you are a real student

Consent letter from ur dad that he is aware of the trip and is sponsoring because you are a good child bla bla... and that he has been the one sponsoring your current education as well

Typed letter to the ECO addressing this refusal, the birth certificate issue, breakdown of ur expenses for this trip, booked accommodation, detailed activities and itinerary for this vacation period with tourist sites that you would be partaking in

Provisional flight booking to show your departure and arrival.. just for the ECO to have an idea

Family photos of u and your dad and possibly your mom

If you have any other family members that would be in Nigeria during your travel like your siblings... state and submit any evidence you have concerning them as they would also serve as your ties
Nikimanni7:
Oh, I don’t work as I am a student please.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oskyworld(m): 11:02am On Jan 08, 2020
@justwise @giselle237 @omopapa and gurus in the house, I need your help please.

I was denied a UK visit visa last year Oct on 2 major points that I'm spending 5x my DI and unexplained deposits.

As regards the unexplained deposits, I'm self employed, I have a registered business and I included all the necessary docs, CAC, FIRS, invoices and explained in the letter the income but I was surprised when ECO claimed it was 'unexplained deposits'.

Meanwhile, I have a British citizen that resides in UK that's ready to sponsor my trip and already sent N455,000 to my account as support for my trip, and I explained that too in my letter but it was seen as unexplained.

Now, my purpose of visit was for a 2 days UK ARMY assessment, but required to get to UK 2weeks before the assessment and they already sent another invitation so as to re apply and my sponsor that's a British citizen already sent all necessary documents too.

Now attached is my proposed breakdown of income and expenditure, I need your advice to see if it will fly. I earn 1.8m annually from biz and got 600k annually from rent (2.4m per annum, I.e 200k per month as MI), I own a house and landed prop., I have a family and a kid. Before I claimed my ME is 100k but I'm reducing it to 50k now, I planned spending 280k on my trip so that my ME will be less than 2x my DI.

Secondly, my sponsor is sending a bulk money of N500,000 again to support my trip and inflow from my sales is still there, hope its not going to be seen as unexplained deposit again?

I need your advice if this will fly please.

Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:23am On Jan 08, 2020
@oskyworld how did you come about the 280k cost for your trip. Break it down
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oskyworld(m): 12:09pm On Jan 08, 2020
giselle237:
@oskyworld how did you come about the 280k cost for your trip. Break it down

Thanks.

Flight (Return) - N220,000
Pick up from airport on arrival - My B-I-L (sponsor and British citizen)
Accommodation - same as above
Feeding and all - same as above
Drop off at airport on departure - same as above
No sight seeing or adventure and I don't think I will be doing any shopping
Remaining - N60,000 just for trip from his house to ARMY base for 2days.
Though the UK ARMY request that I get to UK 2weeks before the assessment to acclimatize, but I'll just be home, not going for any adventure.

Advice please.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 2:41pm On Jan 08, 2020
Ur employment ties are not too strong .. it’s not by cac document ooo as it seems your money fluctuates and u have multiple credits
so u have to use the property and family tie to show them you are not running away... do u have a husband or wife? I don’t understand what you mean by having a family and kid. The house and landed property is it in your name? Certified?
Oskyworld:
Though the UK ARMY request that I get to UK 2weeks before the assessment to acclimatize, but I'll just be home, not going for any adventure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 2:49pm On Jan 08, 2020
If ur monthly income is 200k and u reduced ur expenses to 50k then ur disposable income is 280k. However, I have concerns that 280k is too small to spend on the trip as u have to show that ur buying return ticket from the budget.

You have to explain or show how u relate to the British citizen who’s sent money to you. Also, they will have to write an introduction letter to back it up and include their passport data page.

Accommodation: if your British Citizen connect is accommodating you, they will have to show their tenancy agreement and mention it in the letter but if ur renting hotel then ur budget will have to increase again.

The UK ARMY assessment: They should have sent you the necessary documents to support your application and you can always ask them for guide.

Oskyworld:
@justwise @giselle237 @omopapa and gurus in the house, I need your help please.

I was denied a UK visit visa last year Oct on 2 major points that I'm spending 5x my DI and unexplained deposits.

As regards the unexplained deposits, I'm self employed, I have a registered business and I included all the necessary docs, CAC, FIRS, invoices and explained in the letter the income but I was surprised when ECO claimed it was 'unexplained deposits'.

Meanwhile, I have a British citizen that resides in UK that's ready to sponsor my trip and already sent N455,000 to my account as support for my trip, and I explained that too in my letter but it was seen as unexplained.

Now, my purpose of visit was for a 2 days UK ARMY assessment, but required to get to UK 2weeks before the assessment and they already sent another invitation so as to re apply and my sponsor that's a British citizen already sent all necessary documents too.

Now attached is my proposed breakdown of income and expenditure, I need your advice to see if it will fly. I earn 1.8m annually from biz and got 600k annually from rent (2.4m per annum, I.e 200k per month as MI), I own a house and landed prop., I have a family and a kid. Before I claimed my ME is 100k but I'm reducing it to 50k now, I planned spending 280k on my trip so that my ME will be less than 2x my DI.

Secondly, my sponsor is sending a bulk money of N500,000 again to support my trip and inflow from my sales is still there, hope its not going to be seen as unexplained deposit again?

I need your advice if this will fly please.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 2:56pm On Jan 08, 2020
The EO will assess ur application by asking, what if u don’t proceed to the next stage of the UK ARMY recruitment (God forbid) then there’s high chance u will japa. Hence, it’s all on you to proof beyond reasonable doubts that you have strong ties to Nigeria and you will definitely come back.

Oskyworld:

Thanks.

Advice please.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oskyworld(m): 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2020
giselle237:
Ur employment ties are not too strong .. it’s not by cac document ooo as it seems your money fluctuates and u have multiple credits
so u have to use the property and family tie to show them you are not running away... do u have a husband or wife? I don’t understand what you mean by having a family and kid. The house and landed property is it in your name? Certified?

Thanks so much.

Yeah, I sell on Jumia, Jiji and even NL and inflow fluctuate.

I have a wife and a son and the house and landed prop are in my name.

Any suggestion in that regard as I planned paying once I get the green light from here.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Grace321: 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2020
_
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oskyworld(m): 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2020
omopapa:
If ur monthly income is 200k and u reduced ur expenses to 50k then ur disposable income is 280k. However, I have concerns that 280k is too small to spend on the trip as u have to show that ur buying return ticket from the budget.

You have to explain or show how u relate to the British citizen who’s sent money to you. Also, they will have to write an introduction letter to back it up and include their passport data page.

Accommodation: if your British Citizen connect is accommodating you, they will have to show their tenancy agreement and mention it in the letter but if ur renting hotel then ur budget will have to increase again.

The UK ARMY assessment: They should have sent you the necessary documents to support your application and you can always ask them for guide.

Reason for the 280k is because I'm practically not spending any money apart from my flight ticket. My BIL is also a British Army, he'll pick me up at the airport, accommodate me, feed me, even drop me off at the ARMY base and drop me off at airport on departure.

Yeah, I have evidences showing our relationship and he has sent me introduction letter, he even got a letter from his place work. He sent his data page of British passport and house documents.

Likewise, the UK Army sent me invitation letter that shows my itinerary and all.

I have all documents on my own part too, marriage cert, news paper publication for marriage, CAC, FIRS, prop docs and statement of account and all...

The concern raised for initial denial was 'unexplained deposits' in which I presented all invoices and secondly spending 5x my DI.

I want to avoid initial denial execuses by ECO.

Plz advice.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2020
Looks like you have everything all covered.

I think you shld concentrate on your bank statement and explain any deposits and other unusual debits or cash flows in and out of the account.

Good luck and do keep us updated

Oskyworld:

Reason for the 280k is because I'm practically not spending any money apart from my flight ticket. My BIL is also a British Army, he'll pick me up at the airport, accommodate me, feed me, even drop me off at the ARMY base and drop me off at airport on departure.

Yeah, I have evidences showing our relationship and he has sent me introduction letter, he even got a letter from his place work. He sent his data page of British passport and house documents.

Likewise, the UK Army sent me invitation letter that shows my itinerary and all.

I have all documents on my own part too, marriage cert, news paper publication for marriage, CAC, FIRS, prop docs and statement of account and all...

The concern raised for initial denial was 'unexplained deposits' in which I presented all invoices and secondly spending 5x my DI.

I want to avoid initial denial execuses by ECO.

Plz advice.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2020
The concern might be that u don’t have a stable income.

You should have set aside a particular time of the month that u pay ursef salary and a definite amount that you can keep up with for consistency sake.

You are to submit a minimum of 6 months bank statement. You stated that ur closing balance (assuming after 6 months) is 550k then it means u have been paying ursef average of about 121k as salary

Here’s how I arrived that (assuming ur expenses comes out of ur salary)
30k expenses x 6 months = 180k
550 + 180 = 730k
730/6 = 121.6

Going by the above,
Salary = 121.6k
Expenses = 30k
Disposable income = 91.6k

On the good side, u have put together some really good documents.

Grace321:
Please I need advice from the gurus in the house. I wish to visit the UK for tourism. I am 22 and self employed. My business was registered December 2018 started operation February 2019.
Budget- 350k
Salary- I pay myself starting from 50k upward(I.e not stabled) other money come into my account from the business account too like 15k, 10k, 100k) what amount can I state for salary?
Monthly expenses- 30k
Person contribution- 300k
Mom’s gift for the trip-150k
Flight- 230k
Trip- 7 days
Hostel- 40k
Transport to and from airport- Cousin
Places to visit- 30k
Miscellaneous- 50k

Documents I intend to submit
•Personal bank statement- bal 550k
•Business bank statement- bal 800k(also showing monthly salary being paid to staff)
•CAC document
•Tax receipts for 3 months
•Home utility bill
•Consent letter from dad to travel
•Consent letter from mom to travel and also explaining the 150k as gift
•Picture of myself and mom’s birthday( explaining why so much activities were in my personal account in December)
•Cousin’s passport
•Introduction letter of the business
•Refernece from bank stating am the sole signatory
•Scanned copies of staff ID-> 6-8 of them
•Picture of myself and some staff wearing uniform
•Cover letter explaining hotel booking, flight itinerary and places to visit. So also admission to a school in Scotland. ( I didn’t go and I never applied for visa)

I am a first time applicant and also a first time traveler

Please do I stand a chance? What should I put into consideration?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
@grace321 your finance is shaky and could get you denied. Things have changed.
If you can’t establish that you are comfortable financially enough as to go on a holiday you will be denied.. the finance aspect you just projected here seems as though any holiday will shake you so much and then you will have to land on public funds in the UK. The ECO doesn’t want that.

So after the holiday what will remain in your personal account? You shouldn’t be depending on the business account as they have stated in several applicant cases that funds in business account is strictly for the running of your business. This is my fear...
*Remove the admission to a school in Scotland* ... its uncessary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oskyworld(m): 7:22pm On Jan 08, 2020
omopapa:
Looks like you have everything all covered.

I think you shld concentrate on your bank statement and explain any deposits and other unusual debits or cash flows in and out of the account.

Good luck and do keep us updated

Alright, thanks

Can I go ahead and submit then make payment with my budget, income and expenditure?

I can just get a reference letter from my bank too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fekeri: 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
I picked up my wife and children's passport close to travel date as we needed to travel for the Christmas holiday. I was discouraged by high ticket prices and very long layovers for available airlines. I was at the verge of cancelling the trip till this year when something pushed me to check ticket prices through neighboring countries. At at first try, I saw return ticket in Ghana for 135k. I couldn't believe my eyes. I ignored and check if I could fly from from Ghana. I went back and saw ticket of 708k for a family of 4 with 1:30mins and 2:30mins layover both ways (Tap Portugal). I got return ticket to Ghana for 82k each and that was how we avoided the December high ticket prices with long layovers. The price difference was enough to pay for our stay in airbnb. If you are traveling light its an option you can explore because the ticket prices from Nigeria is really killing. One more thing, port of entry query was much easier.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Grace321: 7:50pm On Jan 08, 2020
Thank you @omopapa

Actually the statements are for 3 months not 6. I thought I read somewhere that we can submit minimum of 3 months.

Ok... tax receipts has to be 6 months too?because I don’t have a certificate. And the thing is that I am just about to pay for it this month �

Please what do you advise I do? What for 3 more months or use my uncle as sponsor?

Though I intend to travel April. �

omopapa:
The concern might be that u don’t have a stable income.

You should have set aside a particular time of the month that u pay ursef salary and a definite amount that you can keep up with for consistency sake.

You are to submit a minimum of 6 months bank statement. You stated that ur closing balance (assuming after 6 months) is 550k then it means u have been paying ursef average of about 121k as salary

Here’s how I arrived that (assuming ur expenses comes out of ur salary)
30k expenses x 6 months = 180k
550 + 180 = 730k
730/6 = 121.6

Going by the above,
Salary = 121.6k
Expenses = 30k
Disposable income = 91.6k

On the good side, u have put together some really good documents.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Grace321: 7:55pm On Jan 08, 2020
Thank you so much. I appreciate

I’ll work on it.

giselle237:
If you can’t establish that you are comfortable financially enough as to go on a holiday you will be denied.. the finance aspect you just projected here seems as though any holiday will shake you so much and then you will have to land on public funds in the UK. The ECO doesn’t want that.

So after the holiday what will remain in your personal account? You shouldn’t be depending on the business account as they have stated in several applicant cases that funds in business account is strictly for the running of your business. This is my fear...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Grace321: 7:57pm On Jan 08, 2020
Thank you so much. I appreciate

I’ll work on it. Please what would be my chance of using a sponsor? I intend going Easter period.

giselle237:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:19pm On Jan 08, 2020
Nikimanni7:

No sir, I’m still a student. I was just going for a visit in the uk

Do you have any relative in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 11:07pm On Jan 08, 2020
As a first time traveller you want to submit 6 months bank statement to show your financial stability.

Involving ur uncle is further complication IMO

I’d say wait for few months and make some amendments on ur bank statement as advised in previous reply.

Grace321:
Thank you @omopapa

Actually the statements are for 3 months not 6. I thought I read somewhere that we can submit minimum of 3 months.

Ok... tax receipts has to be 6 months too?because I don’t have a certificate. And the thing is that I am just about to pay for it this month �

Please what do you advise I do? What for 3 more months or use my uncle as sponsor?

Though I intend to travel April. �

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nikimanni7: 1:23am On Jan 09, 2020
giselle237:
How many years is your course? And what level are u presently?
For your dad as a businessman and sponsor... show the evidence of origin of his funds such as cac documents, tax certificates, invoices or anything to show proof of this business

Submit the police report and affidavit for missing certificate as well as the new age declaration or birth certificate... explain also in your cover letter.. the dates and how it got lost must tally in all these evidence.

Submit your admission letter, school results from start till date, school id, introduction letter from school, all school fees receipts... any other thing you hold that shows you are a real student

Consent letter from ur dad that he is aware of the trip and is sponsoring because you are a good child bla bla... and that he has been the one sponsoring your current education as well

Typed letter to the ECO addressing this refusal, the birth certificate issue, breakdown of ur expenses for this trip, booked accommodation, detailed activities and itinerary for this vacation period with tourist sites that you would be partaking in

Provisional flight booking to show your departure and arrival.. just for the ECO to have an idea

Family photos of u and your dad and possibly your mom

If you have any other family members that would be in Nigeria during your travel like your siblings... state and submit any evidence you have concerning them as they would also serve as your ties

Thank you very much for this reply. I totally understand the aspects concerning the birth certificate and source of funds now, but I seem to not understand how the bank statement, expenditure and Income is calculated. As a student, do I need to worry about all that, because I don’t work and my dad is sponsoring the trip.
The last part of the letter says. “You state that you are student and have no income or savings. I must take into account your personal and economic circumstances in Nigeria when coming to my decision. The documents you have submitted do no demonstrated personal or economic ties”
Can you please clarify me on what “Economic ties” mean in my case as a student with no job.
And what personal ties mean also. I’d really appreciate your response sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nikimanni7: 1:24am On Jan 09, 2020
justwise:

Do you have any relative in the UK?

I don’t have any, but the plan is to stay with my dads friend(Family friend)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:36am On Jan 09, 2020
Did you submit your own bank statement? There doesn’t have to be so much money in it.. but did you show them through your own bank statement how exactly you are living ‘economically’ ?
This your dad’s friend you are planning to put in your application... do you have any proof of knowing him that can be attached to your application? There must be substantial proof of a prior relationship ie. that you know each other before... pictures, emails, whatsapp messages, phonecall logs... your dad’s consent letter must also carry this bit of information
u will be required to fill an amount for expenditure.. simply how much will this trip cost in your opinion? They know it is a sponsored trip but you must fill in a figure.. so add plane ticket return plus accommodation(if applicable), feeding(if applicable) and miscellaneous for the total number of days. Thats it!
Nikimanni7:
Thank you very much for this reply. I totally understand the aspects concerning the birth certificate and source of funds now, but I seem to not understand how the bank statement, expenditure and Income is calculated. As a student, do I need to worry about all that, because I don’t work and my dad is sponsoring the trip.
The last part of the letter says. “You state that you are student and have no income or savings. I must take into account your personal and economic circumstances in Nigeria when coming to my decision. The documents you have submitted do no demonstrated personal or economic ties”
Can you please clarify me on what “Economic ties” mean in my case as a student with no job.
And what personal ties mean also. I’d really appreciate your response sir.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:51am On Jan 09, 2020
Gather your marriage certificate, your child’s birth certificate, school fees receipts, school id, pictures of your family, evidence of your properties... not just receipt of purchase as they know in Nigeria, this can be easily obtained. It should include c of o, deed of assignment etc

Wedding pictures, car documents, your wife’s data page of passport and work ID to support that she would be in Nigeria when u travel. .. and as such you must return.

Your parents if alive, proof they will be in Nigeria whilst you travel

Tenancy agreement + House rent receipts to show that you have paid your rent and still have time left on it(if applicable)

More Evidence of your business transactions. Since they are jumia, jiji and co... there would be trails left electronically. Do screenshots of transactions between customers and urself and tallying evidence when the money is paid and print out.
Oskyworld:
Yeah, I sell on Jumia, Jiji and even NL and inflow fluctuate.I have a wife and a son and the house and landed prop are in my name.Any suggestion in that regard as I planned paying once I get the green light from here.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nikimanni7: 8:04am On Jan 09, 2020
giselle237:
Did you submit your own bank statement? There doesn’t have to be so much money in it.. but did you show them through your own bank statement how exactly you are living ‘economically’ ?
This your dad’s friend you are planning to put in your application... do you have any proof of knowing him that can be attached to your application? There must be substantial proof of a prior relationship ie. that you know each other before... pictures, emails, whatsapp messages, phonecall logs... your dad’s consent letter must also carry this bit of information
u will be required to fill an amount for expenditure.. simply how much will this trip cost in your opinion? They know it is a sponsored trip but you must fill in a figure.. so add plane ticket return plus accommodation(if applicable), feeding(if applicable) and miscellaneous for the total number of days. Thats it!

Thanks a lot sir ��
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olu101: 8:24am On Jan 09, 2020
Good morning, my advice to you based on my experience as a frequent traveler who have never abused his VISAS, and this is about the salary you pay yourself. (NOTE: have done the below severally on my visa renewals).

This is it, since you do not have a stable salary right. I will advice you do a brief explanation stating in your cover/introduction letter and the section for additional infor in your form that - you do not have a stable income and the money you pay yourself every month is based on your profit for each financial month.

However, I believe the above advice is reasonable enough and that’s what most self employed people do! In your case, I want to believe that’s what you do every month as your salary is not fixed.

Grace321:
Please I need advice from the gurus in the house. I wish to visit the UK for tourism. I am 22 and self employed. My business was registered December 2018 started operation February 2019.
Budget- 350k
Salary- I pay myself starting from 50k upward(I.e not stabled) other money come into my account from the business account too like 15k, 10k, 100k) what amount can I state for salary?
Monthly expenses- 30k
Person contribution- 300k
Mom’s gift for the trip-150k
Flight- 230k
Trip- 7 days
Hostel- 40k
Transport to and from airport- Cousin
Places to visit- 30k
Miscellaneous- 50k

Documents I intend to submit
•Personal bank statement- bal 550k
•Business bank statement- bal 800k(also showing monthly salary being paid to staff)
•CAC document
•Tax receipts for 3 months
•Home utility bill
•Consent letter from dad to travel
•Consent letter from mom to travel and also explaining the 150k as gift
•Picture of myself and mom’s birthday( explaining why so much activities were in my personal account in December)
•Cousin’s passport
•Introduction letter of the business
•Refernece from bank stating am the sole signatory
•Scanned copies of staff ID-> 6-8 of them
•Picture of myself and some staff wearing uniform
•Cover letter explaining hotel booking, flight itinerary and places to visit. So also admission to a school in Scotland. ( I didn’t go and I never applied for visa)

I am a first time applicant and also a first time traveler

Please do I stand a chance? What should I put into consideration?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 9:50am On Jan 09, 2020
Which airline?[q1uote author=Fekeri post=85624230]I picked up my wife and children's passport close to travel date as we needed to travel for the Christmas holiday. I was discouraged by high ticket prices and very long layovers for available airlines. I was at the verge of cancelling the trip till this year when something pushed me to check ticket prices through neighboring countries. At at first try, I saw return ticket in Ghana for 135k. I couldn't believe my eyes. I ignored and check if I could fly from from Ghana. I went back and saw ticket of 708k for a family of 4 with 1:30mins and 2:30mins layover both ways (Tap Portugal). I got return ticket to Ghana for 82k each and that was how we avoided the December high ticket prices with long layovers. The price difference was enough to pay for our stay in airbnb. If you are traveling light its an option you can explore because the ticket prices from Nigeria is really killing. One more thing, port of entry query was much easier. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Grace321: 10:10am On Jan 09, 2020
Alright, thank you

olu101:
Good morning, my advice to you based on my experience as a frequent traveler who have never abused his VISAS, and this is about the salary you pay yourself. (NOTE: have done the below severally on my visa renewals).

This is it, since you do not have a stable salary right. I will advice you do a brief explanation stating in your cover/introduction letter and the section for additional infor in your form that - you do not have a stable income and the money you pay yourself every month is based on your profit for each financial month.

However, I believe the above advice is reasonable enough and that’s what most self employed people do! In your case, I want to believe that’s what you do every month as your salary is not fixed.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kwell(m): 11:23am On Jan 09, 2020
Hello House, I’m an EU citizen and applied for an EU family permit visa for a first dependent mid December and haven’t received a decision yet. I’m applying for a second dependent, the part where they ask whether I’ve ever sponsored anyone to join or accompany me to UK do I choose yes or no since decision hasn’t been made on the first one yet. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 12:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
I think it’s a yes since u already submitted the application and they have it on record even tho the decision hasn’t been made yet

kwell:
Hello House, I’m an EU citizen and applied for an EU family permit visa for a first dependent mid December and haven’t received a decision yet. I’m applying for a second dependent, the part where they ask whether I’ve ever sponsored anyone to join or accompany me to UK do I choose yes or no since decision hasn’t been made on the first one yet. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sebij: 1:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hello house. I wish to appreciate the elders on this forum for the good work they are doing. Please I need your advice.
I plan to apply for a standard visitor's visa for an exam in the UK, as a first timer. I am planning a 3days journey and the exam is in may. I am married with 3 kids, the last one is 8months old now and I don't plan going with him.
I work with a federal government agency and earn 125k monthly, ME: 50k, DI: 75k
My mum has offered to take care of my flight and 3days accommodation cost, which is approximately 300k. She also works in a fed institution and earns 315k monthly.
My budget for the trip is about 360k, I'll take care of the remaining 60k ie my feeding, transport and miscellaneous.
can I present 3 months bank statement (with opening bal of 382k and closing bal of 607k) as am using a co-sponsor whose bank statement is also 3 months with about 900k+ at the end of the 3 months?
will it be better to ask her to transfer the 300k to my account and save her the stress of presenting a bank statement? this will be explained in the cover letter with the proof of transfer
Also, I did change of name twice: the 1st was from my maiden name to my husband's family name, which is the name on our marriage cert; the 2nd was from the family name (which we didn't like) to my father-in-law's name. I have newspaper publication for only the 2nd change of name but I have court affidavits for both name changes. Will this be an issue?
Are there any adjustments I need to make concerning the finances and the application in general?
Thank you for your help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 2:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
First time applicants are always advised to submit minimum 6 months bank statement

Best if she sends the money to your account

Submit all evidence of change of name and address it clearly in the your cover letter

Sebij:
Hello house. I wish to appreciate the elders on this forum for the good work they are doing. Please I need your advice.
I plan to apply for a standard visitor's visa for an exam in the UK, as a first timer. I am planning a 3days journey and the exam is in may. I am married with 3 kids, the last one is 8months old now and I don't plan going with him.
I work with a federal government agency and earn 125k monthly, ME: 50k, DI: 75k
My mum has offered to take care of my flight and 3days accommodation cost, which is approximately 300k. She also works in a fed institution and earns 315k monthly.
My budget for the trip is about 360k, I'll take care of the remaining 60k ie my feeding, transport and miscellaneous.
can I present 3 months bank statement (with opening bal of 382k and closing bal of 607k) as am using a co-sponsor whose bank statement is also 3 months with about 900k+ at the end of the 3 months?
will it be better to ask her to transfer the 300k to my account and save her the stress of presenting a bank statement? this will be explained in the cover letter with the proof of transfer
Also, I did change of name twice: the 1st was from my maiden name to my husband's family name, which is the name on our marriage cert; the 2nd was from the family name (which we didn't like) to my father-in-law's name. I have newspaper publication for only the 2nd change of name but I have court affidavits for both name changes. Will this be an issue?
Are there any adjustments I need to make concerning the finances and the application in general?
Thank you for your help

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.