Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,461 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:34 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1518679 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Eprincess(f): 12:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
famzynet:
Please is there any helpful update or info about someone who has paid for tier 2 visa but yet to attend biometrics before TLS centres got closed. The 60days period given him to attend biometrics from time of application will soon end. He is scared of what the faith of the money paid for IHS and visa will be after expiration of time given to attend biometrics.

No, I don't think this will be a problem. When the visa application centre reopens, he will be rescheduled for a new appointment. It's not his fault that they closed the visa application centre as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. In fact, the majority of visa application centres around the world have been closed as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 2:08pm On Apr 24, 2020
Eprincess:

No, I don't think this will be a problem. When the visa application centre reopens, he will be rescheduled for a new appointment. It's not his fault that they closed the visa application centre as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. In fact, the majority of visa application centres around the world have been closed as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.

Ok. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2020
Iyanu6000:
Good Morning House,

Can someone assist direct me to a thread for doctors trying to migrate to UK.

I have searched everywhere , I can’t find one.

Please assist.

Thank you
Click on some person,s name on here called Jelzin2412.He just might be kind enough to provide this and person experience as he is a Dr who done the same process and came in with a Tier 2 now has his British residency.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 24, 2020
pheemeehan:
Kindly furnish me with information, my application was submitted on the 16th of March. Due to coronavirus, application is still under review. However, my hotel reservation was cancelled as a result of covid 19, my fear is that wouldn't the cancellation affect the outcome and what can be done to rectify the issue before final decision is taken by the ECO.
It will be taken into consideration by your caseworker as you didn’t cause the lockdown.
Also to reserve did you connect your bank card to the hotel as you need to look into your statement they might charge you a no show charge so i suggest you mail/ring the hotel as they are a business positioned at making money.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ENGRPETER101: 8:36am On Apr 26, 2020
My fellow nairaland in the house did I need to submit my original documents like marriage certificate, my children birth certificate and marriage pix and CAC certificate and landed documents thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 26, 2020
ENGRPETER101:
Please my broda in the house did I need to submit my original documents like marriage certificate, my children birth certificate and marriage pix and CAC certificate and landed documents thanks.
I could have told you but you addressed the question only to your Broda in the house.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ENGRPETER101: 1:39pm On Apr 26, 2020
Peave82:

I could have told you but you addressed the question only to your Broda in the house.

Sorry my follow nairaland please answer my questions thanks.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 3:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
ENGRPETER101:

Sorry my follow nairaland please answer my questions thanks.
You can do it yourself online. All you need to do is scan and upload those documents to application portal.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2020
ENGRPETER101:
My fellow nairaland in the house did I need to submit my original documents like marriage certificate, my children birth certificate and marriage pix and CAC certificate and landed documents thanks.
I was messing about.
You can scan your documents.
The only original you must submit is your international passport.
Why is cac certificate included are you using your company bank account or it’s a proof you are gainfully employed?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by RazurSharp: 9:21am On Apr 27, 2020
Warm greetings to this family. This is my first ever visit to this thread.
A brother travelled last year to the UK and is married. The wife who is widely travelled but presently resides in Nigerian wishes to join him in the UK until the duration of his program. He is currently studying an undergraduate program in Nursing. I'll like to know what route he can take to have his wife visit him. Your opinions and suggestion regarding this would be highly appreciated.
Warm regards to you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pheemeehan: 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2020
Peave82:

It will be taken into consideration by your caseworker as you didn’t cause the lockdown.
Also to reserve did you connect your bank card to the hotel as you need to look into your statement they might charge you a no show charge so i suggest you mail/ring the hotel as they are a business positioned at making money.
Thanks for your response to my worries concerning my application. The reservation was made on pay at the property and when the cancellation came due COVID 19 palaver, there was no charges on my bank card. My prayer is for world to get over and out of this deadly pandemic and resume a normal life. Get my passport back and move on with life.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2020
He might not be able to bring his wife as a dependent under tier 4 because he’s studying at undergraduate level (read page 45 of attached document)

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/843003/T4_Migrant_Guidance_October_2019.pdf

She could try visiting visa

RazurSharp:

A brother travelled last year to the UK and is married. The wife who is widely travelled but presently resides in Nigerian wishes to join him in the UK until the duration of his program. He is currently studying an undergraduate program in Nursing. I'll like to know what route he can take to have his wife visit him. Your opinions and suggestion regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Warm regards to you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ENGRPETER101: 9:25pm On Apr 27, 2020
Fellow nairaland are my submitting my tax clearance certificate or tax clearance certificate receipt for visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 10:42pm On Apr 27, 2020
ENGRPETER101:
Fellow nairaland are my submitting my tax clearance certificate or tax clearance certificate receipt for visa application
You are asking same questions again. You don't need to submit any document. Scan and upload it on the application portal.

Upload all the documents that you know will help your application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 27, 2020
RazurSharp:

A brother travelled last year to the UK and is married. The
wife who is widely travelled but presently resides in
Nigerian wishes to join him in the UK until the duration of
his program. He is currently studying an undergraduate
program in Nursing. I'll like to know what route he can
take to have his wife visit him. Your opinions and
suggestion regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Warm regards to you all.

Hi.
To bring in his wife to stay with him for the duration would be tricky as family dependant dependent stands only when studies is at Level 7 and postgraduate level.An Undergraduate students who is not government-sponsored cannot bring their dependants to live with them.

Plan B:Go to your school visa office and speak to someone if they issue a cover letter as there is always special circumstances eg you can’t concentrate as you are worried about her and it is affecting your course work.She isn’t coping very well without you and you both thought she could.

Plan C:Since she is widely travelled an option is to do a Tourist visa for 2years since you are already in year one but bear in mind she will have no privileges as in she cannot work as no nhs number ,
no nhs number so no healthcare(what if she falls ill or those kind of toothache that make you see your Ancestor in broad day light??).

Plan. D:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ugosimba: 8:09pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hello Everyone, hope we are all staying safe. I submitted my Uk application before the lockdown and obviously have not received any text or mail for collection of my passport but got a mail from HOME OFFICE to answer some survey questions, I am confused to answering it been that I haven't received my passport to know my visa status, did anyone receive same, does it mean the visa was granted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FYsol: 1:09am On Apr 29, 2020
It's just a survey. It has nothing to do with the outcome of your application.
It however means the home office is done with your application but TSL has not reached out to you for collection because of lockdown. The survey email is usually sent after application process so that you can give feedback about their process.

ugosimba:
Hello Everyone, hope we are all staying safe. I submitted my Uk application before the lockdown and obviously have not received any text or mail for collection of my passport but got a mail from HOME OFFICE to answer some survey questions, I am confused to answering it been that I haven't received my passport to know my visa status, did anyone receive same, does it mean the visa was granted.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by favoured247(m): 10:19am On Apr 29, 2020
Hello all. I submitted an application for uk visa and did biometrics in v.i since 18th of march and have not heard anything from them. Its been 6weeks. Its my first time. I understand it normally doesn't take that long. Want to find out if visa applications are still been processed during this pandemic

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mkeith20(f): 11:43am On Apr 29, 2020
Hello everyone

I'm a medical laboratory technician but practice as a phlebotomist and I have 6yrs experience. I'm looking at migrating to UK to practice.

I will appreciate if I can get guidance or information on how to go about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 7:31pm On Apr 29, 2020
favoured247:
Hello all. I submitted an application for uk visa and did biometrics in v.i since 18th of march and have not heard anything from them. Its been 6weeks. Its my first time. I understand it normally doesn't take that long. Want to find out if visa applications are still been processed during this pandemic

Nothing is normal globally anymore because of this pandemic. The delay is because of what is going on around the world. Don't panic, your case will be treated when they open fully.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 7:33pm On Apr 29, 2020
Mkeith20:
Hello everyone

I'm a medical laboratory technician but practice as a phlebotomist and I have 6yrs experience. I'm looking at migrating to UK to practice.

Try tier2 visa. Check if your job is listed under tier2 jobs then you can go from there.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ENGRPETER101: 1:41am On Apr 30, 2020
My fellow nairaland please how can I book flight without making payment to secure visa in embassy thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 1:54am On Apr 30, 2020
ENGRPETER101:
My fellow nairaland please how can I book flight without making payment to secure visa in embassy thanks.
You don't need to book a flight. You can type out your flight itinerary then submit it with your application.

To get UK Visa for my family, I only typed out flight itinerary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 4:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
Register with HCPC

Then start applying for jobs

Good luck

Mkeith20:
Hello everyone

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ontripp: 10:13pm On Apr 30, 2020

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cchimaa: 11:41am On May 02, 2020
Good morning the whole house and well done for the good job you are doing here.

I need guidance please.

I’m a nurse and I moved to the UK January this year.

I’ve passed my OSCE and planning to bring my family members after the pandemic.

I wish to bring my husband and two children (both are below 18years)

I want to know what steps to take and the cost implication for the three (3) of them.

I’m planning against August so the kids can resume school by September (all things being equal)

Thank you very much

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 05, 2020
Iyanu6000:
Good Morning House,

Can someone assist direct me to a thread for doctors trying to migrate to UK.

I have searched everywhere , I can’t find one.

Please assist.

Thank you

Jelzin2412:

For UK, you will have pass IELTS Academic (In Nigeria) with an average score of 7.5 and at least 7 in each of the 4 segments, then proceed to pass PLAB 1(In Nigeria) and PLAB 2(PLAB 2 is done only in the UK hence you will have to apply for a visitor's visa to sit for it) respectively, have your certificate certified via ECFMG/EPIC, then complete your GMC registration and as you do so keep up job hunt. When job is secured you will be issured a COS (Certificate of sponsorship) by your employer then apply for Tier 2 visa and when granted fly to the UK to start your new job.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Diiverexii(f): 3:15pm On May 05, 2020
Please who knows if TLS office in Victoria island is open
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 7:08pm On May 05, 2020
Diiverexii:
Please who knows if TLS office in Victoria island is open
just Go to tlscontact.com (Official website) a,nd then u will see where u have to pick Nigeria as a country u are traveling from and den united Kingdom , this takes u to to a page where u will have to choose the centre u picked for the appointment (Abuja,Ikeja or VI) and then u will get updates .....buh i checked for info today. they are still closed..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Diiverexii(f): 1:15pm On May 06, 2020
Rheminix:
just Go to tlscontact.com (Official website) a,nd then u will see where u have to pick Nigeria as a country u are traveling from and den united Kingdom , this takes u to to a page where u will have to choose the centre u picked for the appointment (Abuja,Ikeja or VI) and then u will get updates .....buh i checked for info today. they are still closed..

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.