Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,124 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1443888 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Marc0110(m): 3:59pm On May 18, 2020
Asoko80:
I traveled to the UK for 21 days but at the point of application,I said I was gonna spend 7 days not due to some unforseen circumstance and the fact that that trip was made during my annual leave.
Would this pose a problem if I want to reapply with my kids when my visa expires?

Just a few questions,
What was the duration of the visa?
Did you overstay the duration allowed on your visa?

For example if Mr X was granted 6 months Visitor Visa from January 1 to June 30. He had stated in his Visa application form that he'll spend just 2 weeks but as fate had it, he spent 4 weeks for some reason. Provided Mr X leaves the UK on or before June 30, he hasn't violated any terms of his visa in my own opinion and as such he won't need to make explanations as to the disparity between the speculated duration of his proposed stay and the duration of his actual stay in the event he is re-applying for visa.

My 2 cents

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 18, 2020
Marc0110:

Just a few questions,

For example if Mr X was granted 6 months Visitor Visa from January 1 to June 30. He had stated in his Visa application form that he'll spend just 2 weeks but as fate had it, he spent 4 weeks for some reason. Provided Mr X leaves the UK on or before June 30, he hasn't violated any terms of his visa in my own opinion and as such he won't need to make explanations as to the disparity between the speculated duration of his proposed stay and the duration of his actual stay in the event he is re-applying for visa.

My 2 cents

On paper, he hasn't committed any crime but as humans, the Visa officer does not trust Nigerians to start with, so it's better not to give them any reason to.

One way could be travelling 7 days and returning as promised and then travel back again and stay longer!

My 10 naira lol

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 5:21pm On May 19, 2020
Marc0110:

Just a few questions,

My 2 cents

You are right. I have been doing this for years without problem from my side and that of my immediate family. You are right with this example you put up. Most people including me put 5, 6 or 7 days in the application because of their (salary) or the bank statement but they end up spending more than those days. In my own situation I have never given any explanation in my application.

I believe one will need to explain when you stayed for like 2, 3, 4 months or more because they will want to know what you are doing for so long in UK. Also they will want to know if you use public fund or work while in UK.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dee282: 8:25pm On May 20, 2020
There's definitely NO NEED. He has not violated the conditions of his visa...Life is not straight forward, sometimes plans change...As long as he didn't violate the conditions of his visa, he doesn't need any explanation. Explaining himself is him complicating things..

justwise:

You definitely have to explain why you decided to stay 14days longer that 7 days you stated on your application and was given visa based on that budget.

7 days trip budget is not the same as 21days one, next time you apply for visa and say you are staying eg 1week you will not be believed because of your previous record without any explanation.

People may have very good reason why they stayed longer that stated and if you don't explain it how do you expect the ECO to know?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:29pm On May 20, 2020
Dee282:
There's definitely NO NEED. He has not violated the conditions of his visa...Life is not straight forward, sometimes plans change...As long as he didn't violate the conditions of his visa, he doesn't need any explanation. Explaining himself is him complicating things..

What condition of visa are you talking about?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dee282: 10:20am On May 21, 2020
justwise:

What condition of visa are you talking about?

No recourse to public funds, overstaying, working, etc.

I mean it is just 3 weeks he spent. People extend their vacation all the time, it is no big deal. Humans are not robots...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 11:06am On May 21, 2020
Dee282:

No recourse to public funds, overstaying, working, etc.

I mean it is just 3 weeks he spent. People extend their vacation all the time, it is no big deal. Humans are not robots...

Just 3 weeks? Did you present the budget of 3wks or 7days? Yes people can extend their holiday to 2-3 days but not 3weeks especially when you have indicated 7days.

So what is wrong with explaining that if you have a good reason why you stayed longer? Humans should be robot and do exactly what they are programmed to do else the robot will be useless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FYsol: 12:15pm On May 21, 2020
I totally agree with Justwise. Although not U.K but my U.S Visa renewal was refused because I spent 4 weeks as against 2weeks in my application eventhough I was stamped in 6months.

The interview was going smooth until she asked what were you doing in the U.S for 4 weeks instead of proposed 2 weeks. All my explanations fell on deaf hears.

justwise:

Just 3 weeks? Did you present the budget of 3wks or 7days? Yes people can extend their holiday to 2-3 days but not 3weeks especially when you have indicated 7days.

So what is wrong with explaining that if you have a good reason why you stayed longer? Humans should be robot and do exactly what they are programmed to do else the robot will be useless.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dee282: 1:53pm On May 21, 2020
justwise:

What if he was on multiple entry visa? would this count? As long as he declares how long he spends in the Uk, I see no problem here at all. ECO are humans too and they factor all of this into it. Is three weeks enough for him to work in the UK? Absolutely not!

I have had unused US visa before because plans changed. My intention was to travel with friends when I applied but life happened and I didn't use the visa at all...was this a problem when I decided to apply again? Absolutely not!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 2:06pm On May 21, 2020
Dee282:

What if he was on multiple entry visa? would this count? As long as he declares how long he spends in the Uk, I see no problem here at all. ECO are humans too and they factor all of this into it. Is three weeks enough for him to work in the UK? Absolutely not!

I have had unused US visa before because plans changed, my intention was to travel with friends when I applied but life happened and I didn't use the visa at all...was this a problem when I decided to apply again? Absolutely not!

How do you know that?

If you don't explain what happened how do you expect the ECO to figure that out?

I seriously do not think that you know what you are talking about

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dee282: 2:24pm On May 21, 2020
justwise:

How do you know that?

If you don't explain what happened how do you expect the ECO to figure that out?

I seriously do not think that you know what you are talking about

In the last ten years I have traveled to the UK more than 20times!! I have spent 5weeks, 4weeks, 3weeks, 10days, etc. on a single trip and I have never had to explain myself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 2:27pm On May 21, 2020
Dee282:

In the last ten years I have traveled to the UK more than 20times!! I have spent 5weeks, 4weeks, 3weeks, 10days, etc. on a single trip and I have never had to explain myself.

How do you expect me to believe this when there is no way to verify it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dee282: 2:32pm On May 21, 2020
justwise:

Because UK is so special? LMAO

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by topudo(m): 6:19pm On May 21, 2020
Good day,

I'm planing of going to the United Kingdom with a visit visa and change to a study visa. How possible is this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Phayie(m): 6:24pm On May 21, 2020
topudo:
Good day,

I'm planing of going to the United Kingdom with a visit visa and change to a study visa. How possible is this?

You have to come back to your home country to apply for student visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FrannyTee(f): 8:01pm On May 21, 2020
lovesavvi:
same here august 14, no respond yet

Please I need to talk with you regarding Derby university, send your number or email address ASAP

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 8:27pm On May 21, 2020
corruptst:

Salary: N200,000
Opening balance: N300,000
Closing balance:N1,200,000

Documents submitted
Employment evidence:
1. Employment letter
2. Letter of introduction from employer
3. No Objection Letter from employer
4. Letter of Leave from employer
5. 6 month payslips {Stamped)
6. School certificates
7. Other Certifications
8. Work ID

Financial evidence:
1. Letter of reference from Bank
2. 6 month statement of account (First & last page stamped)

Family evidence
1. Family picture (Group)
2. My graduation picture (with family members)
3. My dad's Driver's licence
4. My mum's national ID card
5. My older brother's International passport
6. My younger sister's family picture
7. Picture of I & my fiancee (Pixmixed including proposal pictures)

Others
1. Cover letter
2. Provisional flight ticket booking
3. Provisional accommodation booking
4. Letter of recommendation from previous work place
5. International passport

Accommodation evidence: Current Electricity Bill

Other things of note:
I spent only 50K from my salary every month. I withdraw in 5ks, 10ks but no withdrawal more than 10K. I have other accounts for emergencies & other things. I do not exceed 50K every month. Hence my disposable income for the 6 months reflected in my statement of account is N150,000 monthly.

I ensured no other money except my N200,000 salary enters every month. Even my Christmas and performance bonus was paid in a different bank account (I don't have time to be explaining to ECO)

What's in my Cover Letter?
1.Why I want to travel? I need a break from work. I've worked continuously for 3 years without break.
2. Why UK? UK affords the best vacation place in the world in terms of resorts, cultural diversity, football cultures, etc.
3. My financial situation
4. My travel itinerary (7 days)
5. Travel budget (500k)
Flight - Return ticket
Accommodation in the UK
Transport
Feeding
Miscellaneous
6. Why I will come back?
My fiancée
My parents (aged)
My job
My family reputation

7. I summarised my application.

If there's any other information required or questions, I will be glad to answer.
PS: I'm not a guru. I used all the information I gathered from this page.

Congrats on your visa. I have some concerns. You stated that your opening balance wae 300,000 and that your closing balance was 1,200,000NGN. Going by your monthly surplus after expenses, you should have 150,000NGN. Due to the fact that you submitted six month bank statement, you should have 150,000 x 6 to get 900,000NGN. Adding the accumulated 900,000NGN to the 300,000NGN opening balance obviously got you the N1,200,000NGN you had as closing balance. My concern here is this; didn't you incure any bank charges in your account in the course of the six months you maintained that account? If yes, did you deliberately leave the bank charges out when you quoted your closing balance because you thought it was inconsequential which obviously was the case from my observation? I am asking to be sure so as to gain more knowledge about it. Thanks as I await your kind response. Others can also contribute, going forward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 9:18am On May 22, 2020
Does anyone have an idea what time the British High Commission is opening?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 9:20am On May 22, 2020
FrannyTee:

Please I need to talk with you regarding Derby university, send your number or email address ASAP

I also is going to derby this September. I would like to also relate with you on the University
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FrannyTee(f): 3:12pm On May 22, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

I also is going to derby this September. I would like to also relate with you on the University

Ok send a mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 5:45pm On May 22, 2020
justwise:

Dee282 post=89799550:

#Justwise is very true. All my visa applications I didn't explain because there is a place in a drop box that u will be asked how many times av u travelled in the uk, then how long did u stay. No need of explaining any thing if you had a genuine reason that u visited and u never overstay. My 1st visa for six months I put Two weeks and stayed more, then another visa I stayed 3months and the next six months I stayed, So I never explained and got all my visa. I will advise that the person in question need not explain too much, if no overstay, just tell the ECO that u really enjoyed your vacation in the UK and will be glad if given another opportunity.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:26pm On May 22, 2020
Monmarri:

#Justwise is very true. All my visa applications I didn't explain because there is a place in a drop box that u will be asked how many times av u travelled in the uk, then how long did u stay. No need of explaining any thing if you had a genuine reason that u visited and u never overstay. My 1st visa for six months I put Two weeks and stayed more, then another visa I stayed 3months and the next six months I stayed, So I never explained and got all my visa. I will advise that the person in question need not explain too much, if no overstay, just tell the ECO that u really enjoyed your vacation in the UK and will be glad if given another opportunity.

I don't believe your story period and i would't advise anybody to do so.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 7:42pm On May 22, 2020
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/uk-to-introduce-14-day-quarantine-for-international-arrivals/

so what will be the fate of those people that just want to spend 10 days?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:05pm On May 22, 2020
Monmarri:

Not advisable biko. To stay 3 months if you told them u were going for 1 week? Nah.
Especially for the 1st trip of the visa, stick to what you wrote or around that figure.. not to go and stay for months when you know that’s not what u applied for. Before the covid break it was hot for such individuals when they were reapplying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 9:11pm On May 22, 2020
justwise:

I don't believe your story period and i would't advise anybody to do so.

If you like don't believe. I am an adult and I can't just lie. My six-month visa stayed 16days instead of two weeks. My two years visa stayed 3months and then applied for five years and stayed six months. The advice I give is that one should not make UK his home by frequently visiting or overstaying.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 9:19pm On May 22, 2020
giselle237:

Not advisable biko. To stay 3 months if you told them u were going for 1 week? Nah.
Especially for the 1st trip of the visa, stick to what you wrote or around that figure.. not to go and stay for months when you know that’s not what u applied for. Before the covid break it was hot for such individuals when they were reapplying.

I never said so. We were talking about explaining to eco why stayed longer than what the person filled. Of course, I will not advice any body to stay for 3months in a six months visa, just try to maintain the duration u stated on the application form, since is ones first visa. one might choose to stay one month in a two years, 5 and 10 years visa if u choose provided one did not overstay more than six months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:32pm On May 22, 2020
Monmarri:

If you like don't believe. I am an adult and I can't just lie. My six-month visa stayed 16days instead of two weeks. My two years visa stayed 3months and then applied for five years and stayed six months. The advice I give is that one should not make UK his home by frequently visiting or overstaying.

Tell that to a year old baby
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omolorlarh: 10:38pm On May 22, 2020
Monmarri:

Is your immediate family based in the UK?
Do you have a verifiable business?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 2:01am On May 23, 2020
omolorlarh:

Is your immediate family based in the UK?
Do you have a verifiable business?

Yes of course I have family in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 6:08am On May 23, 2020
Why are we over-flogging this issue of explanation if you stay more than the stated date in your application.
For you first timers , listen to @justwise advice, stick to your stated days in your application to avoid this type of headache when reapplying.

For this particular guy that asked whether he needs to explain, the answer is NO. Do not explain anything.

Everyone has spoken well concerning the issue and for those that use their situation as case studies, they are not lying because personally i applied for 5 days & spent 10 days and on my renewal i didnt explain anything & i got my visa .

My take on all these is spending few days(not months) more than the applied days is not a big deal.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.