Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,477 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1443886 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by udi2111: 4:20am On Jun 15, 2020
justwise:
[/b]
Probably fake, it has no history or reliable info.
Don't get involved with your money or time
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 15, 2020
Guys, do you know the criteria of Coronavirus PCR test for those returning to Nigeria. Will they accept home kit tests as NHS also use this?
Are we going to be responsible for coronavirus test in Nigeria? Further info on http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/uploads/news/NewGuidelinesArrival.pdf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iyiolapo2010(m): 10:59am On Jun 15, 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by solaek: 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
Good afternoon people. Please I need to ask if there is any problem with online UK online visa application at the time or the problem is just perculiar to us. My husband received his COS last week and he has been trying to submit his Tier2 visa application since then. The problem arises at the stage where he had to make payments for IHS. The system keeps telling him thus ' PAYMENT DECLINED, CONTACT YOUR BANK OR CARD ISSUER'
He contacted First bank, they said he has no problem with his card, that it could be a problem with the IHS platform. He tried using another bank account, yet, same problem.
I need your help with this please.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
solaek:
Good afternoon people. Please I need to ask if there is any problem with online UK online visa application at the time or the problem is just perculiar to us. My husband received his COS last week and he has been trying to submit his Tier2 visa application since then. The problem arises at the stage where he had to make payments for IHS. The system keeps telling him thus ' PAYMENT DECLINED, CONTACT YOUR BANK OR CARD ISSUER'
He contacted First bank, they said he has no problem with his card, that it could be a problem with the IHS platform. He tried using another bank account, yet, same problem.
Thanks in anticipation

Don't you know that visa application centre in Nigeria had been closed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by solaek: 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
hosey:

Don't you know that visa application centre in Nigeria had been closed.
I know. Just didn't know it also affects online application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 6:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
solaek:

I know. Just didn't know it also affects online application.
It may not have to do with visa application offices being closed. People in countries with closed visa centres have been submitting applications. Sometimes,online payment is rejected because of card type or the card not programmed for such transaction. I know I have tried making payment with 2 different bank cards that got rejected . The 3rd one worked. But,since offices are still close,he may be patient till they open before he tries again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 7:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
solaek:
Thanks in anticipation

It might be as a result of reduction in total amount of money you can pay online that has just been reduced by Nigerian banks to $300 in a month. He should look for someone in the UK to pay on his behalf.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by solaek: 8:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
famzynet:

It may not have to do with visa application offices being closed. People in countries with closed visa centres have been submitting applications. Sometimes,online payment is rejected because of card type or the card not programmed for such transaction. I know I have tried making payment with 2 different bank cards that got rejected . The 3rd one worked. But,since offices are still close,he may be patient till they open before he tries again.
Thanks a lot. He will try a new card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by solaek: 8:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
graceodini:

It might be as a result of reduction in total amount of money you can pay online that has just been reduced by Nigerian banks to $300 in a month. He should look for someone in the UK to pay on his behalf.
I appreciate this. He will also give this a try
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Agvibrancy: 11:18am On Jun 16, 2020
solaek:
Thanks in anticipation

It does happens. Let him use a pounds or dollar account to pay it goes one dial. Happened to me and a friend.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beejaybida(m): 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2020
Pls ask your husband to confirm the limit on his card. Some banks reduced spending limits to $500 per month a few weeks ago. It might be the reason why payment is declined. Alternatively he might want to use a domiciliary account card to make payment.
solaek:
Thanks in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by solaek: 9:37pm On Jun 16, 2020
Agvibrancy:

It does happens. Let him use a pounds or dollar account to pay it goes one dial. Happened to me and a friend.
Thanks. He got someone wth a dollar acct that wish to do it for him. I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by solaek: 9:38pm On Jun 16, 2020
beejaybida:
Pls ask your husband to confirm the limit on his card. Some banks reduced spending limits to $500 per month a few weeks ago. It might be the reason why payment is declined. Alternatively he might want to use a domiciliary account card to make payment.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BeauBragner: 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2020
okus17:
Why don't you try the Tier 1 route

[ quote author=ghost3040 post=89947971]Hello everyone.
I'm new to this thread and the whole immigration stuff, but I'm desperately on my toes to migrate.

BACKGROUND:
Bsc Accounting, ACA, ACCA, MBA(in professional accounting) from London Business School using my ACCA pathway.

So I'm considering taking this CIMA route since I stumbled on this thread.

QUESTIONS:

1. What are my chances(points) claimable considering my current qualifications.(Note; I claimed exemptions on my ACCA using my ACA, so I wrote four(4) papers...Strategic professional level.

2. Is my MBA valid?? Since its through ACCA gateway.

3. Is there an MRA for conversion of ACCA to CPA?

4. I've seen comments on writing just ba1 to ba4 in CIMA, but from the course content, there are 16 papers..please I need clarification on this.

5. What's the cost like (rough estimate) to complete everything on CIMA (All things being equal)..

Thanks

Which is the tier 1 route?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2020
It's for investors and entrepreneurs.

BeauBragner:

Which is the tier 1 route?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BeauBragner: 5:28pm On Jun 17, 2020
mimilyrics:
It's for investors and entrepreneurs.

So are those qualifications listed in his post sufficient to go the tier 1 route??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 5:38pm On Jun 17, 2020
It has more to do with the viability of your business idea(s). You'll need to be endorsed by approved organisations for your business idea(s) and you'd require at least £50,000 for the investor visa.

See the following links for more info:

https://www.gov.uk/innovator-visa

https://www.gov.uk/start-up-visa

Check if you meet the criteria for this:
https://www.gov.uk/global-talent

BeauBragner:

So are those qualifications listed in his post sufficient to go the tier 1 route??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by realone1917(m): 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2020
Good evening fam. There was a mistake on my tb.certificate, the address number is different, how can I correct it from the iom office.... Any ideas...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MamaEEE: 7:54pm On Jun 17, 2020
realone1917:
Good evening fam. There was a mistake on my tb.certificate, the address number is different, how can I correct it from the iom office.... Any ideas...

Go back to the office but call them first to book an appointment... It was 8k to mk changes b4 now don't know if it has been increased...
But I don't think mistake on address il matter, cinx it's not ur name or date of birth
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by flinton(m): 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
Someone started a petition campaign

UKvac to Open their centres petition
http://chng.it/LZtbk6KSGp
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2020
flinton:
Someone started a petition campaign

UKvac to Open their centres petition
http://chng.it/LZtbk6KSGp
They are not serious. Scam. Why ask for money in petition.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 6:51pm On Jun 18, 2020
famzynet:

They are not serious. Scam. Why ask for money in petition.

It may not be scam. I think it is genuine as it directs you to the landing page for the petition on www.change.org official site. Change.org tends to offer the option requesting a token from you to help push the petition to more audience. However you can always decline as it is optional. If you click on the link from anywhere in the world, the currency of the token request would be in your local currency and not a universal currency. Anyway I am not sure what a petition can do in this case; it is a chasing after the wind.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jiday4(m): 6:57pm On Jun 18, 2020
Brightingsus:

It may not be scam. I think it is genuine as it directs you to the landing page for the petition on www.change.org official site. Change.org tends to offer the option requesting a token from you to help push the petition to more audience. However you can always decline as it is optional. If you click on the link from anywhere in the world, the currency of the token request would be in your local currency and not a universal currency. Anyway I am not sure what a petition can do in this case; it is a chasing after the wind.

Shine your eyes ooooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
Brightingsus:

Trust me, if it's real, the BBC would have their news talk about it. Nothing in mainstream to suggest this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by flinton(m): 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2020
Vicas2000:

Trust me, if it's real, the BBC would have their news talk about it. Nothing in mainstream to suggest this.
BBC must not talk about it to confirm the if it's real or not, as per the petition it's real. Anyone can start a petition on change.org, it's free. It will become popular if lots of join your cause by signing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 10:35am On Jun 19, 2020
flinton:

BBC must not talk about it to confirm the if it's real or not, as per the petition it's real. Anyone can start a petition on change.org, it's free. It will become popular if lots of joining your cause by signing

LOL. my response was to the wrong post. I was responding to the post about Boris Johnsons letter and not the change petition.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AceNavy: 10:45am On Jun 19, 2020
Good day Ppl..I am new Here.Pls I need To know how to go about The travelling to UK..
I Just want to go there Get a job Then probably start my masters Later on..But I want to go n get a job..Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by vicman1234: 3:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
I recently did my Diploma in the college. It's a new college and they have prospect and I enquire about their accreditation and the response I got I was ok with it. If you are looking for an old online degree college try Walden, Harvard etc. Learnforth is new and started operating in 2018. I am happy with the study materials. I hope I get a job with their cert but there is a disclaimer to check with your institution or office if they will accept learnforth cert. For me, I am ok with it.
justwise:
[/b]

Probably fake, it has no history or reliable info.

Don't get involved with your money or time

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by vicman1234: 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
History is not a criterial to judge the authenticity of an institution or individual, well we will probably say all start up businesses are fake. Learnforth is a new college and all new colleges takes time to get on ground. I got a diploma degree award from them and I am please with it.
vicman1234:
I recently did my Diploma in the college. It's a new college and they have prospect and I enquire about their accreditation and the response I got I was ok with it. If you are looking for a old online degree college try Walden, Harvard etc. Learnforth is new and started operating in 2018. I am happy with the study materials. I hope I get a job with their cert but there is a disclaimer to check with your institution of office if they will accept learnforth cert. For me, I am ok with it.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by marymotions: 4:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
Na so una talk say Open university fake but go there now weda dem go take you. Go school if you wan go school and stop coming online to seek validation. Majority of the people here know little or nothing about online education. Online education is the future.

vicman1234:
I recently did my Diploma in the college. It's a new college and they have prospect and I enquire about their accreditation and the response I got I was ok with it. If you are looking for an old online degree college try Walden, Harvard etc. Learnforth is new and started operating in 2018. I am happy with the study materials. I hope I get a job with their cert but there is a disclaimer to check with your institution or office if they will accept learnforth cert. For me, I am ok with it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.