Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1443843 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jamela(f): 4:05pm On Jul 13, 2020
Hi guys please help me answer this:

Can I get a Tier 2 Visa for a part time job?

More specifically, the job offers 0.5FTE for 3 years. This means I would be working for half the total work hours in a week, I am wondering if this position is eligible for Tier2 sponsorship?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
No. It's for full-time permanent positions.
jamela:
Hi guys please help me answer this:

Can I get a Tier 2 Visa for a part time job?

More specifically, the job offers 0.5FTE for 3 years. This means I would be working for half the total work hours in a week, I am wondering if this position is eligible for Tier2 sponsorship?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LegitDiva: 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2020
Please has anyone taken the IELTS UKVI test recently? I want to enquire if all the test are given on the same day or if the speaking test has a different date like that of IELTS for Cana da..

I'm asking because it's only Lagos and Abuja centers that are open for now and she has to travel with a newborn
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by EnglishWithJosh: 6:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
LegitDiva:
Please has anyone taken the IELTS UKVI test recently? I want to enquire if all the test are given on the same day or if the speaking test has a different date like that of IELTS for Cana da..

I'm asking because it's only Lagos and Abuja centers that are open for now and she has to travel with a newborn

Hi LegitDiva,

Similar to other versions of IELTS test, her Speaking will be scheduled for a different date.

I wish her good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LegitDiva: 9:46pm On Jul 13, 2020
EnglishWithJosh:

Hi LegitDiva,

Similar to other versions of IELTS test, her Speaking will be scheduled for a different date.

I wish her good luck.

Thank you, I appreciate your response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 10:38pm On Jul 13, 2020
Please who knows the process for replacement 30 days visa since tlscontact is reopening from 27th july. I have emailed cih for over 2 months now yet no response. Are we supposed to submit our passport once they reopen just like the south african folks or wait till whenever cih send an email. Please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by EnglishWithJosh: 10:52pm On Jul 13, 2020
LegitDiva:

Thank you, I appreciate your response

You're welcome, LegitDiva.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kwell(m): 11:37pm On Jul 13, 2020
I find myself in the same situation. I emailed them mid June. I haven’t received any feedback as well. Keep me posted when you hear from them please.

Symbae:
Please who knows the process for replacement 30 days visa since tlscontact is reopening from 27th july. I have emailed cih for over 2 months now yet no response. Are we supposed to submit our passport once they reopen just like the south african folks or wait till whenever cih send an email. Please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jamela(f): 11:49pm On Jul 13, 2020
mimilyrics:
No. It's for full-time permanent positions.

Really? Ok thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 10:21am On Jul 14, 2020
kwell:
I find myself in the same situation. I emailed them mid June. I haven’t received any feedback as well. Keep me posted when you hear from them please.

Latest update from them on linkedin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 11:19am On Jul 14, 2020
Symbae:

Please I dont understand...u mean those with expired visa or what ...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2020
Symbae:

that means we can take our passport to TLS contact office even without receiving any email from them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 12:37pm On Jul 14, 2020
kunzzy4me:

Please I dont understand...u mean those with expired visa or what ...

Those with expired 30 days vignette
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 12:38pm On Jul 14, 2020
kcfastshooter:

that means we can take our passport to TLS contact office even without receiving any email from them?

I'm not sure since they havent clarified us on that . 28th july will tell
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2020
kcfastshooter:

To the best of my knowledge nobody has received the said email from CIH but passport has been submitted for some countries
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kwell(m): 3:56pm On Jul 14, 2020
Symbae:

To the best of my knowledge nobody has received the said email from CIH but passport has been submitted for some countries

Alright. Let’s wait till the week of 27/07 when they start working then. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 7:55pm On Jul 14, 2020
Please does UK usually issue 30days visa ..and if yes then what category of visa is that...or name of such visa ...thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 8:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
kunzzy4me:
Please does UK usually issue 30days visa ..and if yes then what category of visa is that...or name of such visa ...thank you

UK visas are mainly 6 months, 2 years, 5 years and 10 years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 8:38pm On Jul 14, 2020
kunzzy4me:

My dear, the 30 days visa is an entry clearance permit that enables you to land in UK before you can collect your BRP. Its validity is 30 days after which it expires. If you're unable to land within that period, you get a replacement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 8:40pm On Jul 14, 2020
kunzzy4me:

I believe its issued for all Tiers. I stand to be corrected on this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 8:51pm On Jul 14, 2020
[quote author=Symbae post=91718149].

My dear, the 30 days visa is an entry clearance permit that enables you to land in UK before you can collect your BRP. Its validity is 30 days after which it expires. If you're unable to land within that period, you get a replacement. [/quote

Thank u so much ...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 8:57pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ashirioluwa:

UK visas are mainly 6 months, 2 years, 5 years and 10 years

Okay! thanks brother....but any information on those with unsued 6months visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 9:31pm On Jul 14, 2020
kunzzy4me:

Okay! thanks brother....but any information on those with unsued 6months visiting visa
I believe they will renew every unused visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 9:38pm On Jul 14, 2020
Symbae:

My dear, the 30 days visa is an entry clearance permit that enables you to land in UK before you can collect your BRP. Its validity is 30 days after which it expires. If you're unable to land within that period, you get a replacement.
How can one apply for such visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 9:42pm On Jul 14, 2020
Has anyone been able to get appointment date?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2020
LoyalRoyalty:
How can one apply for such visa?

It's no a separate visa per say. Once your visa(either tier1 2,3 or 5) has been granted, you are then issue a 30 days vignette which enables you to land in the UK within 30days for the collection of your BRP. If still dont understand, please Google it

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Femiosoks: 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2020
uk.tlscontact.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 1:40am On Jul 15, 2020
Only to those going for a long stay like students etc

kunzzy4me:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by delana(m): 10:45am On Jul 15, 2020
Pls can anyone guide through the UK visitors Visa application process. I will appreciate greatly. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lightest(m): 11:16am On Jul 15, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.