Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1439369 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by CheeseMama: 10:18pm On Jul 05, 2019
Hello everyone,

Please is there any one here who successfully applied for Tier 5 visa for a dependant child without their spouse also applying and the visa was granted? I'm to attend a 2 month programme in London and i want to take my baby with me. My colleague attended the programme a few months back and applied for her baby, her visa was granted but the baby was denied because her husband wasnt applying and the requirement is that both parents have to be in the UK or both parents are applying for the visa or the applying parent can prove sole responsibility for the child or special circumstances. Her husband lives and works in the UK and could not come just to apply for the visa.

I'm in the same boat now and i need advise please!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Reichtum(m): 10:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
Seeyat:

Thanks. Can i use my mobile phone scanner as my computer doesn't have PDF installed on it?

PDF na PDF
it does not matter what you use
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nomad26: 11:32pm On Jul 05, 2019
Dlaw6578:
Good day house, please is it after uploading of the documents before one can be able to pick a date of appointment? No, you will pick an appointment before uploading documents. You can then take your time uploading your documents. All documents must be uploaded and submitted before you appear at the visa application centre for your biometrics. And again is it possible for someone to pick a date he/she wish to appear at the embassy? A calendar will appear showing all available slots, you will then be able to pick the slot that suits you. There is also an option for walk-in appointment if you want flexibility, but note that it comes at extra cost
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 2:21am On Jul 06, 2019
Reichtum:

PDF na PDF
it does not matter what you use

Okay, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Hacuttie: 4:45am On Jul 06, 2019
The decision mail finally arrived yesterday after 70 days, unfortunately the visa was refused. The reason given for refusal was inadequate fund despite having N1.37m in salary account and 3m in fixed deposits with intention to spend £1800 on the trip

They claimed evidence of fixed deposit was not included which was not true. Copy of certificate of investment from a reputable bank was part of the documents scanned by TLS.

May be the application could have been better packaged if I had known this forum before submission

We intend applying again by November or December I hope it won't be too early.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:28am On Jul 06, 2019
CheeseMama:
Hello everyone,

Please is there any one here who successfully applied for Tier 5 visa for a dependant child without their spouse also applying and the visa was granted? I'm to attend a 2 month programme in London and i want to take my baby with me. My colleague attended the programme a few months back and applied for her baby, her visa was granted but the baby was denied because her husband wasnt applying and the requirement is that both parents have to be in the UK or both parents are applying for the visa or the applying parent can prove sole responsibility for the child or special circumstances. Her husband lives and works in the UK and could not come just to apply for the visa.

I'm in the same boat now and i need advise please!

Apply with a letter from your husband explaining why he couldn't go with you but you need to make an arrangement for child care in the U.K else your baby's visa is likely to be refused
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cerezo: 7:57am On Jul 06, 2019
Sorry about this. Your financial figures look pretty strong, but a lot goes into some of these visa applications which I believe following this thread would help you address. Chill and learn from the gurus. Please feel free to ask questions where you are not clear. Truth is I did put in an application for my parents sometime in May, with about the same figures, and it scaled through. So, it's really not about the figures but how they are put together that matters.

Hacuttie:
The decision mail finally arrived yesterday after 70 days, unfortunately the visa was refused. The reason given for refusal was inadequate fund despite having N1.37m in salary account and 3m in fixed deposits with intention to spend £1800 on the trip

They claimed evidence of fixed deposit was not included which was not true. Copy of certificate of investment from a reputable bank was part of the documents scanned by TLS.

May be the application could have been better packaged if I had known this forum before submission

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:07am On Jul 06, 2019
Hacuttie:

What is your monthly salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Hacuttie: 9:41am On Jul 06, 2019
[quote author=justwise post=79987756]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 10:31am On Jul 06, 2019
£1800 is more than half of your salary account saving and might be more than 3 months of your salary hence the rejection. Sad they didn't take into consideration your fixed deposits as additional source of income.

Hacuttie:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 10:34am On Jul 06, 2019
Looks good then since the £1800 equals roughly your 2 months salary. Did you include your pay slip or bank statement clearly showing your salary inflow for 6 months?

Hacuttie:

N461,000 plus yearly return on investment of N900,000
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Belovedolu: 10:46am On Jul 06, 2019
omoniyi289:

wow! Thanks for this update, please what is the actual email address that you used for the inquiry or phone number one can contact because the ones I saw online are not reachable?
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/international/payment/language/English
Click on the link and follow instructions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2019
Hello everyone, how can i preview documents uploaded on eDossier?

Help a bro. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by flabroy: 4:00pm On Jul 06, 2019
Hacuttie:

Sorry bro, was it 70 working days ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olafamzy87(m): 4:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
Click on the documents, it will load the document on another browser to prevent if you have uploaded it successfully

Seeyat:
Hello everyone, how can i preview documents uploaded on eDossier?

Help a bro. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 4:53pm On Jul 06, 2019
Hacuttie:

N461,000 plus yearly return on investment of N900,000

Work on your budget and support source of your income with evidence especially the investment aspect
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2019
olafamzy87:
Click on the documents, it will load the document on another browser to prevent if you have uploaded it successfully

Okay thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NanaOne1: 10:12pm On Jul 06, 2019
Hello Justwise and everyone,

I just realized I made a mistake with the email address I used for my wife's application and we have already done the biometrics. I copied the url which I used always to access our application that is why I didn't realize this error.

Due to this she has not been receive the process updates. We did the biometrics just last Thursday. Please what can I do?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Marytee2: 12:32am On Jul 07, 2019
Good morning my people. I just came to thank @Cerezo and you all for a good input when I asked few questions about how to fill Uk visit visa for my mum.
She submitted her application on June 10 at Ikeja (Standard application). She got her passport yesterday, with 6 months visa which was issued since June 27. This was her first application.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Marytee2: 12:34am On Jul 07, 2019
Floraoye0417:
Ure dad will have to make an appointment first before doing walk in. Have an appointment date n yes once he inform them at the gate that he wants to do walk n shows them the appointment letter he will be allowed in. But he shld be there b4 2pm for vi. That's when walk in closes.
Thank you. He did so and got his visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tolani4real: 1:31am On Jul 07, 2019
Hacuttie:

I don't think evidence of the fixed deposit or not will change the outcome. Your Fixed deposit is part of your financial asset. They don't see it as available to you now, it is not a liquid assets like cash in hand and cash you have in your bank.
You only have N1.3 million available but planning to spend over 800k. To me I don't think you package it well. This is just my opinion. Spending over half of your available cash on a vacation trip....... No one will believe this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Hacuttie: 7:26am On Jul 07, 2019
tolani4real:

I don't think evidence of the fixed deposit or not will change the outcome. Your Fixed deposit is part of your financial asset. They don't see it as available to you now, it is not a liquid assets like cash in hand and cash you have in your bank.
You only have N1.3 million available but planning to spend over 800k. To me I don't think you package it well. This is just my opinion. Spending over half of your available cash on a vacation trip....... No one will believe this

You are right considering extract of the refusal mail pasted below.

"note that in support of this you have provided a bank statement in your name
(account ending xxxxx) showing a closing balance of 1,370,146.50NGN (£2,925.00).
However, you have stated you have £6,338.00 available to you in the form of
savings. There is no evidence of these extra savings in your supporting documents.
Given that you have also stated that you wish to spend £1,800.00 for the duration
and this is the majority of your life savings I cannot be satisfied that your expenditure
is consummate for your visit to the UK. Therefore I am not satisfied that you are
genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit."
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:28am On Jul 07, 2019
Fixed deposit doesn’t count as cash available for travel. It is not palpable nor readily available according to them and such does not count.
Hacuttie:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 7:38am On Jul 07, 2019
Good morning everyone,

Please what document do I upload in "Accommodation temporary or permanent" and "Travel and residency documents"?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:43am On Jul 07, 2019
giselle237:
Fixed deposit doesn’t count as cash available for travel. It is not palpable nor readily available according to them and such does not count.

..but it acts as tie to Nigeria, he doesn't need to liquidate it if he has enough for the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:46am On Jul 07, 2019
NanaOne1:
Hello Justwise and everyone,

I just realized I made a mistake with the email address I used for my wife's application and we have already done the biometrics. I copied the url which I used always to access our application that is why I didn't realize this error.

Due to this she has not been receive the process updates. We did the biometrics just last Thursday. Please what can I do?

Thank you

You can email them with your application reference number and correct the mistake. It may cost you though to email or call.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:53am On Jul 07, 2019
as economic tie to Nigeria... sure but he was worried that they didn’t combine his available cash and his fixed deposit to show his financial circumstances for the trip and hence give him the visa...
from his write up thats what I deduced ..
justwise:

..but it acts as tie to Nigeria, he doesn't need to liquidate it if he has enough for the trip.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:57am On Jul 07, 2019
giselle237:
as economic tie to Nigeria... sure but he was worried that they didn’t combine his available cash and his fixed deposit to show his financial circumstances and hence give him the visa...
from his write up thats what I deduced ..

.. yea but he over budgeted for the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cerezo: 8:03am On Jul 07, 2019
There's absolutely nothing wrong in attaching a fixed deposit in your application. Infact, I always do this with my mutual fund account. And the idea of people thinking you must have alot in your salary account is not ideal. Nobody does that and visa folks are quite aware of this. One glaring mistake is you claiming to have £6000 plus for this trip when in actual sense what you have is your N1.3m. There might be other issues like the build-up of the N1.3m which is very very key.

Now, this is what I do very often. I don't keep any fund in my bank account. But anytime i have to apply for visa, i do a part liquidation of my mutual funds to show enough funds for the trip. I also ensure i get a letter from the firm stating that the funds are readily available whenever i need it within 24hrs. Stanbic Asset will give you such letter plus the stmt of account. Lastly, I'll attach a letter of explanation detailing the rationale behind these actions. I have NEVER kept an amount double the figures i intend to spend on a particular trip in my salary account.

You really need to check how you raised these funds. They like seeing regular monthly income and they know Nigerians invest in money market instruments alot. Nothing totally wrong in your fixed deposit, your application probably was not well put together. You definitely need to learn more from the gurus here.

Hacuttie:

You are right considering extract of the refusal mail pasted below.

"note that in support of this you have provided a bank statement in your name
(account ending xxxxx) showing a closing balance of 1,370,146.50NGN (£2,925.00).
However, you have stated you have £6,338.00 available to you in the form of
savings. There is no evidence of these extra savings in your supporting documents.
Given that you have also stated that you wish to spend £1,800.00 for the duration
and this is the majority of your life savings I cannot be satisfied that your expenditure
is consummate for your visit to the UK. Therefore I am not satisfied that you are
genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit."

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 8:13am On Jul 07, 2019
Hello @giselle327 @justwise and other gurus in this great forum,

I want to upload the visa page on my expired travel passport but I don't know which section to upload it on eDossier

Also do i need to upload the visa page on my new travel passport?

Please guide me through.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cerezo: 8:14am On Jul 07, 2019
I'm happy for you and confident you can now guide others. I did 2yrs visa for my parents in May and twas successful too. By just following what I shared with you, there shouldn't be any problem. I'll tell my parents to watch out for you and your mum in the uk grin

Marytee2:
Good morning my people. I just came to thank @Cerezo and you all for a good input when I asked few questions about how to fill Uk visit visa for my mum.
She submitted her application on June 10 at Ikeja (Standard application). She got her passport yesterday, with 6 months visa which was issued since June 27. This was her first application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cerezo: 8:17am On Jul 07, 2019
Travel evidence section is it

Seeyat:
Hello @giselle327 @justwise and other gurus in this great forum,

I want to upload the visa page on my expired travel passport but I don't know which section to upload it on eDossier

Also do i need to upload the visa page on my new travel passport?

Please guide me through.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.