Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1444335 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 12:02pm On Aug 14, 2020
LoyalRoyalty:
Can those going for tourism also use same route?

Visa should be visa na. I don't think the type of visa matters in as much as there is no restriction of entry into UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 12:04pm On Aug 14, 2020
famzynet:

There are afforable Turkish airlines from Cotonou to UK.

Great, thanks. Na passport remain
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 12:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
famzynet:

Visa should be visa na. I don't think the type of visa matters in as much as there is no restriction of entry into UK.
Don't you think tourists going through that route might be seen as being desperate?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 12:27pm On Aug 14, 2020
geli12:
Good morning all, pls i have made a terrible mistake, I was uploading my documents and I submitted before the final upload, I have a lot to still upload, what should I do now, am actually crying right now

Pls any solution for d above
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2020
How much they charged you?

famzynet:

There are afforable Turkish airlines from Cotonou to UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 2:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
OBYNOWEST12:
How much they charged you?

You might not get the same price because tickets price depends on your travel dates. It might be less on more.

Today I called to get the price from COO to LHR (round trip)

Depart (August 28) / Return September 8. They gave me $1628.61

But cheaper if I want to travel on August 29 and return September 8. They gave me $1260.21
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mwenhen: 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
Symbae:

Which airline did you book?
Ethiopian airline
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mwenhen: 3:18pm On Aug 14, 2020
famzynet:

A thousand thanks for this update. Please is there any demand for covid test in Benin before boarding flight?
No
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adaaam: 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
mwenhen:
No

Haaa. The internet can spread lies ehhh, and there were speculations by the media that before you board a flight from Cotonou, you have to undergo a compulsory covid 19 test worth 100 dollars and some cents.

Thanks @mwenhen.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mwenhen: 4:07pm On Aug 14, 2020
Adaaam:

Haaa. The internet can spread lies ehhh, and there were speculations by the media that before you board a flight from Cotonou, you have to undergo a compulsory covid 19 test worth 100 dollars and some cents.

Thanks @mwenhen.
No covid test is demanded but I think it also depends on the country you’re traveling to. For UK , I filled a form online stating where I will be isolating for the next 14 days and I was asked for it at arrival, you either print it out or show them on your phone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ashieduplus(m): 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2020
mwenhen:
Once you get to Seme border, there’re bikes there that will take you through alternative route. You can cross with 4K. I entered Cotonou on the 11th, I got into the UK yesterday.

Does this work the other way around? Coming into Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mwenhen: 4:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
ashieduplus:

Does this work the other way around? Coming into Nigeria?
I don’t know
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 5:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
mwenhen:
Once you get to Seme border, there’re bikes there that will take you through alternative route. You can cross with 4K. I entered Cotonou on the 11th, I got into the UK yesterday.
pls how much is the flight from Cotonou to u.k pls answer urgently needed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 6:54pm On Aug 14, 2020
Adaaam:

Thanks @mwenhen.

I believe this information is when coming into cotonou not departing from cotonou
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beckycute1: 7:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hello my people,
I would like to enquire about a case of cancellation of visa at the point of entry due to lack of funds. Does this equate a ban or can the affected person reapply for another visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nogamz: 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
Adaaam:

Thanks @mwenhen.

@Adaaam I've called the airline in Contonou to verify if Covid test is needed and the answer was no. The Covid test is only for returnees passing Cotonou.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lightest(m): 7:59pm On Aug 14, 2020
nogamz:

@Adaaam I've called the airline in Contonou to verify if Covid test is needed and the answer was no. The Covid test is only for returnees passing Cotonou.

how much is Cotonou - uk oneway ticket for adult and 2 children 8yrs and 6yrs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mwenhen: 8:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
kcfastshooter:

pls how much is the flight from Cotonou to u.k pls answer urgently needed
This was what I paid, about 387k in naira

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beckycute1: 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hi NLders, for those that did biometrics in March and already have Visa approved, can you pls confirm the issue period .i.e was visa issued during lockdown or after.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
mwenhen:
This was what I paid, about 387k in naira
One way or round trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ashieduplus(m): 9:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
nogamz:

So thos returning from Europe for instance would have to self-isolate in Cotonou and take a test?

Is it compulsory?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nonso10: 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2020
nogamz:

Please can I get the airline contact. My visa has just been granted and I’m thinking of going back 31st Aug
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nonso10: 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hi

Please can anyone with information on flight and contact of airlines help.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 11:10pm On Aug 14, 2020
LoyalRoyalty:
Don't you think tourists going through that route might be seen as being desperate?
I don't think so. Seen to be desperate by whom? UK immigration?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 11:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
geli12:

Pls any solution for d above
Pay for assisted service when you go for biometrics. They will reupload everything.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by teflonsam: 11:41pm On Aug 14, 2020
Congratulations!!! What visa type did u applied for?
nonso10:

Please can I get the airline contact. My visa has just been granted and I’m thinking of going back 31st Aug
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 12:40am On Aug 15, 2020
famzynet:

I don't think so. Seen to be desperate by whom? UK immigration?
Yes, UK immigration.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 1:04am On Aug 15, 2020
LoyalRoyalty:
Yes, UK immigration.
They won't be a problem. One can board flight from anywhere. But if visa will still be valid,wait till flight start.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 1:14am On Aug 15, 2020
famzynet:

They won't be a problem. One can board flight from anywhere. But if visa will still be valid,wait till flight start.
Okay. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nonso10: 8:04am On Aug 15, 2020
teflonsam:
Congratulations!!! What visa type did u applied for?

Spousal visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lightest(m): 8:35am On Aug 15, 2020
nonso10:

Spousal visa
congratulations safe journey ahead.
pls when did u submit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bayosegun(m): 8:35am On Aug 15, 2020
mwenhen:
No covid test is demanded but I think it also depends on the country you’re traveling to. For UK , I filled a form online stating where I will be isolating for the next 14 days and I was asked for it at arrival, you either print it out or show them on your phone.

@nwenhen, please form did u fill stating where you'll stay? Or is it address you input in ur visa application u re referring to? Pls expanciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.