Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1442451 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:25pm On Aug 17, 2020
oyin000000:
Good evening. Because of the coronavirus, I couldnt use my 6 months visa so I reapplied last week to go in october for my birthday. I submitted the same kinds of documents I submitted the first time. I was wondering, is there any reason why they shouldnt issue the visa? I know these people can be funny.
Start praying for grace. If it were me,
Birthday in this corona all the way to UK... doesnt sound cogent but I hope they consider that you didnt use your visa last time due to corona amd compensate u for paying another visa fee

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2020
Dayoferrari:

Thanks for responding.

This is my first application
I work.
To meet with friends, relatives and to go to the US Consulate for my visa
1 month is time enough to spend with my people over there. Also coincides with my consulate appointment over there.
Biometric capture with the commercial partner in VI. Sorry if it sounded weird. This is my first time.

It’s ok. In my opinion, you should reduce the duration.
Then on a side note, pls find out if you are allowed to apply in the UK consulate for a US visa. I doubt that. You dont enjoy such priviledge on a tourist visa.
U should apply from a country you are a cutizen of or resident of.
Last I heard.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tshoboy(m): 6:29pm On Aug 17, 2020
Nigeria’s aviation Minister just announced that international flights will begin August 29.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dayoferrari(m): 6:35pm On Aug 17, 2020
giselle237:

It’s ok. In my opinion, you should reduce the duration.
Then on a side note, pls find out if you are allowed to apply in the UK consulate for a US visa. I doubt that. You dont enjoy such priviledge on a tourist visa.
U should apply from a country you are a cutizen of or resident of.
Last I heard.

Thanks.
You can actually. So long youre there legally. Matter of fact people have done it recently but majorly from Asian countries. Also know a brazilian in Dubai going to UK for his visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 6:47pm On Aug 17, 2020
International flights to resume 29th August.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
Dayoferrari:

Thanks.
You can actually. So long youre there legally. Matter of fact people have done it recently but majorly from Asian countries. Also know a brazilian in Dubai going to UK for his visa.
Ok. It’s always a different ball game for Nigerians though.
It will help if you have other travel history. Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mumayo: 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
can I still apply for a tourist visa if I'm planning to travel 29th September
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2020
mumayo:
can I still apply for a tourist visa if I'm planning to travel 29th September
How u wan do am?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mumayo: 7:01pm On Aug 17, 2020
giselle237:

How u wan do am?
na why I dey ask na. as international flights wan begin make mesef go holiday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:48pm On Aug 17, 2020
mumayo:

na why I dey ask na. as international flights wan begin make mesef go holiday
Today is Aug 17. I dont think the process is that fast again for u to meet up September 29 if u don’t have a visa at this very moment.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsAnyanwu(f): 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
Tuoma:

When did she apply?
July 29th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsAnyanwu(f): 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
[quote author=Tuoma post=929193037][/quote]God bless you.. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
MrsAnyanwu:
July 29th

Wow, July 29, 2020 and processing of the visa application has already started. I know it must have been standard as priority services are suspended for now. Well, that language is not new especially when it seems like they are trying to make sense of some documentation or statement made in the application. If the ECO’s assistant calls on phone, that would be great as you would have the opportunity to explain better.

I hope she included a marriage certificate...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 8:29pm On Aug 17, 2020
good day house pls people that submitted their passport for expired vignette, who have collected his or her own. thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pheemeehan: 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2020
It is a tough time with many people whose application were submitted for review in the month of March. After 5 Months, people are still waiting and hoping to get their passport returned with Visa granted. I submitted my application March 16 shortly before lockdown. Sometimes in the Month of May I sent a mail to UKVI through a paid service and got a reply that my passport is safe and secure. Recently, I sent a reminder and was informed am going to get escalated attention and should expect response in 15 working days and the next day I got another message from SITEL which I attached here for information. I will like people with similar experience to share what outcome they got from the process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lightest(m): 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
pheemeehan:
It is a tough time with many people whose application were submitted for review in the month of March. After 5 Months, people are still waiting and hoping to get their passport returned with Visa granted. I submitted my application March 16 shortly before lockdown. Sometimes in the Month of May I sent a mail to UKVI through a paid service and got a reply that my passport is safe and secure. Recently, I sent a reminder and was informed am going to get escalated attention and should expect response in 15 working days and the next day I got another message from SITEL which I attached here for information. I will like people with similar experience to share what outcome they got from the process.

they have not made decision on ur application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by moskito36(m): 9:41pm On Aug 17, 2020
We are in the same boat.
I applied March 3rd. Still expecting my passport.
pheemeehan:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2020
pheemeehan:

It is best to block out your GWF no as that is unique to your application, especially when posting anything bearing it in the public space.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Goatyledon: 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
kcfastshooter:
good day house pls people that submitted their passport for expired vignette, who have collected his or her own. thanks

Have you heard anything regards to your situation (Email from Sheffield) ? What's the most recent update on the situation ? (The email appears to me like an error of some sort)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pheemeehan: 11:03pm On Aug 17, 2020
Brightingsus:

It is best to block out your GWF no as that is unique to your application, especially when posting anything bearing it in the public space.

Thanks so much on observation, highly noted. Is there anyway I could remove the refered attachment or shade off the GWF no.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ss2020: 11:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
pheemeehan:

We fall under the same category. Mine has been since march 18th. I didn't bother contacting them to know the outcome. I will just wait for them to take their time to process it. Provided they give me the visa at the end of the day. Its a 2years standard business visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:19pm On Aug 17, 2020
What exactly do you think will happen? Or what do you think someone can do with the GWF?
Brightingsus:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 11:29pm On Aug 17, 2020
Goatyledon:

Have you heard anything regards to your situation (Email from Sheffield) ? What's the most recent update on the situation ? (The email appears to me like an error of some sort)
no I have not heard anything from them, pertaining d email I think it might b an error or I don't knw just hoping everything goes well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 12:07am On Aug 18, 2020
giselle237:

Today is Aug 17. I dont think the process is that fast again for u to meet up September 29 if u don’t have a visa at this very moment.
Visa now are super slow. Getting a date for biometrics is even wahala even with walk in.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsAnyanwu(f): 12:07am On Aug 18, 2020
Brightingsus:

Wow, July 29, 2020 and processing of the visa application has already started. I know it must have been standard as priority services are suspended for now. Well, that language is not new especially when it seems like they are trying to make sense of some documentation or statement made in the application. If the ECO’s assistant calls on phone, that would be great as you would have the opportunity to explain better.

I hope she included a marriage certificate...
God bless you.. Yes she included a marriage certificate by the court
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 2:00am On Aug 18, 2020
Skymoore1004:
What exactly do you think will happen? Or what do you think someone can do with the GWF?

I really do not know if this question is for me to respond to. A GWF no is your unique application no. It is personal to u. It is just like posting your passport no online and saying it means nothing. You do not know that to contact UKVI about an application, GWF is the most important info you provide.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 2:07am On Aug 18, 2020
I obviously know what a GWF is, that’s why I asked. Same as posting your passport no online. What can someone possibly do with your GWF no or passport no? Absolutely nothing!!

You all overthink things unnecessarily.
Brightingsus:

I really do not know if this question is for me to respond to. A GWF no is your unique application no. It is personal to u. It is just like posting your passport no online and saying it means nothing. You do not know that to contact UKVI about an application, GWF is the most important info you provide.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by johnez1987: 7:06am On Aug 18, 2020
Skymoore1004:
I obviously know what a GWF is, that’s why I asked. Same as posting your passport no online. What can someone possibly do with your GWF no or passport no? Absolutely nothing!!

You all overthink things unnecessarily.

Someone can use your GWF number to cancel your visa application. They can also use it to track your application if you choose to use courier service for return.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 8:17am On Aug 18, 2020
johnez1987:

Someone can use your GWF number to cancel your visa application. They can also use it to track your application if you choose to use courier service for return.
tell the guy its like he doesn't know what he is doing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 8:19am On Aug 18, 2020
and why would a stranger on Nairaland want to do that? Plus you’d need other details asides just the number anyway.

Again, there’s Absolutely no reason why someone will do that!
johnez1987:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Raisin: 9:09am On Aug 18, 2020
My application is now showing
Transferred to vac

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.