Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1442599 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by johnez1987: 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2020
I do not understand what UKVI is actually doing. Those with existing application before lockdown are being ignored while new applications are decided. What kind of services are these people rendering? I am tired of the non-coordination on their part. This is bollocks!!!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 4:19pm On Aug 18, 2020
pls share your timeline congratulations
Raisin:

Just collected my visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Terminalbond(m): 5:40pm On Aug 18, 2020
Hello all, i just got a refusal letter via email. The letter had my name but the reasons for denial were strange to me and not related to me. i applied for a visit visa to see my pregnant fiance, but letter stated i applied for private medical treatment, second it said my sponsor is my daughter which is wrong i'm only expecting my first child. the account number in the letter does not belong to and i am not sick in any way. the later stated that i am retired which is completely wrong.
Has anyone experienced this issue before?
i contacted them via a paid email on the UK immigration website and also TLS as i believe there must have been a mixup somewhere.
i went for Biometrics on the 4th of August, in Abuja
i would love opinions on this. thank you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Raisin: 6:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
pufframmy:
pls share your timeline congratulations

Thank you.
Biometrics was done on the 29th of July
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2020
Terminalbond:
Hello all, i just got a refusal letter via email. The letter had my name but the reasons for denial were strange to me and not related to me. i applied for a visit visa to see my pregnant fiance, but letter stated i applied for private medical treatment, second it said my sponsor is my daughter which is wrong i'm only expecting my first child. the account number in the letter does not belong to and i am not sick in any way. the later stated that i am retired which is completely wrong.
Has anyone experienced this issue before?
i contacted them via a paid email on the UK immigration website and also TLS as i believe there must have been a mixup somewhere.
i went for Biometrics on the 4th of August, in Abuja
i would love opinions on this. thank you all

I guess it's obviously not meant for you. UKVI has been mixing up emails since they resumed after the lockdown. A friend of mine got email for replacement vignette while she never applied for one. As you have contacted them, they will reply you within 2 working days

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
Getmeout:
Just collected my visa. Applied on July 29th, Tier 2

Can i submit payslips of a friend inviting me to the UK, if she’s not paying for the trip, but providing accommodation, medical insurance, food, travel expenses within the UK for duration of your stay, but not limited to financial responsibility for your round trip air fare to travel from Nigeria to the UK and back ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 8:06pm On Aug 18, 2020
Roneld77:

Can i submit payslips of a friend inviting me to the UK, if she’s not paying for the trip, but providing accommodation, medical insurance, food, travel expenses within the UK for duration of your stay, but not limited to financial responsibility for your round trip air fare to travel from Nigeria to the UK and back ?

Emphatically yes. In fact you also need the person’s bank statements. A sponsor is not just one that settles flight costs. You need to convince the ECO that the person that would take care of your accommodation and maintenance in the UK has sufficient funds for themselves and also you without recourse to public funds. Their bank statements would show money coming in and going out and also the balance whether it is sufficient for someone else like you. The payslips would serve as the source of the funds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2020
Brightingsus:

Emphatically yes. In fact you also need the person’s bank statements. A sponsor is not just one that settles flight costs. You need to convince the ECO that the person that would take care of your accommodation and maintenance in the UK has sufficient funds for themselves and also you without recourse to public funds. Their bank statements would show money coming in and going out and also the balance whether it is sufficient for someone else like you. The payslips would serve as the source of the funds.

She have 514.77 GBP as her bank closing balance, is that good enough to submit ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beckycute1: 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
Hi Everyone, Can i request to have my passport back pending when a decision is made?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2020
Is this an error or actual fact?
Roneld77:

She have 514.77 GBP as her bank closing balance, is that good enough to submit ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Is this an error or actual fact?

What u mean error or actual fact ??

Read my first question pls.

That is the actual fact about her bank statement, just answer me if you know answer to my question sir/ma, and u don’t expect me to upload her private financial doc’ here
Do you ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
How can someone invite you with a bank statement of such balance? That’s not sufficient.

That’s not even up to 400k.
Is she going to add other supporting documents like pay slips to show that she earns well enough to sponsor your trip?

Roneld77:

What u mean error or actual fact ??

Read my first question pls.

That is the actual fact about her bank statement, just answer me if you know answer to my question sir/ma, and u don’t expect me to upload her private financial doc’ here
Do you ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2020
Skymoore1004:
How can someone invite you with a bank statement of such balance? That’s not sufficient.

That’s not even up to 400k.
Is she going to add other supporting documents like pay slips to show that she earns well enough to sponsor your trip?

Yes. she gave me her payslips from the year 2020 (January to July payslips), and she earn 1500 GBP every months. I am just thinking maybe i should submit her payslips only and forgo her bank statements; since she don’t have good closing balance on her bank statement.

The point here is that she paid her bills like rents ect’s and that why the money reduce to that amount b4 i ask her to give me her bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 9:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
Roneld77:

Yes. she gave me her payslips from the year 2020 (January to July payslips), and she earn 1500 GBP every months. I am just thinking maybe i should submit her payslips only and forgo her bank statements; since she don’t have good closing balance on her bank statement.

The point here is that she paid her bills like rents ect’s and that why the money reduce to that amount b4 i ask her to give me her bank statement.

Payslip is okay...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 9:49pm On Aug 18, 2020
Roneld77:

Don’t make that mistake of submitting payslips and withholding bank statements. Have u applied yet? If not why not wait another month should her closing balance increase. It is not that her balance is bad. It depends on how the ECO interprets it as you would be dependent on the same balance. More so, remember your own financial details are also required as your ties to Nig and especially since you would be footing the return flight tickets.

My opinion is that payslips are not enough. Have u thought of a scenario where someone earns a good salary but due to debts or dependants or other financial commitments, the person’s outgoings match (or even surpass) incoming funds? How can you convince the ECO that this is not the case with you? How can you prove that your sponsor would have no recourse to public funds while providing for you in the UK?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fridayemmexx(m): 9:54pm On Aug 18, 2020
Did you check again ?

Still at DMC. Just checked
What time was your appointment.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by marcDgreat(m): 10:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
HI a friend of mine has an issue.
he applied for and has gotten admission but he just started keeping the needed fund in his sponsors account today, the fund will mature on the 15th is September. the school resumes on the 21st, but with the way dates are unavailable, he might not be able to get an interview date close to the date the account matures.
He was hoping to do priority visa, but it has been suspended for now, he wants to ask the school to let him resume late and put a later resumption date on his CAS.
someone advised him to call the embassy and narrate his situation but there is no number to call online if you have any number please kindly send it my way.
Please what do you advise he do next should he go ahead and pay the deposit with hope that priority visa will resume or should he defer his admission.
Gurus in the house pls help!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tuoma: 10:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
fridayemmexx:
Did you check again ?

Still at DMC. Just checked
What time was your appointment.

Yes, I checked again.
Still at DMC.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
OBYNOWEST12:

Payslip is okay...

Thanks, i think the op is not understanding my kinds of english language here, last time someone here told me, that i don’t need any of her financial paperwork’s if she’s ain’t paying for the trip, and actually she not paying for the trip, she will only be responsible for my accommodation, food, and likely medical health insurance if possible, but not responsible to my round air fare. So u mean i should submit her payslips and leave her bank statement and her payslips shows she have a long time permanent employment and and getting all her bank statement may looks suspicious to the eco as am coming as a friend ect
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tuoma: 10:16pm On Aug 18, 2020
Brightingsus:

Don’t make that mistake of submitting payslips and withholding bank statements. Have u applied yet? If not why not wait another month should her closing balance increase. It is not that her balance is bad. It depends on how the ECO interprets it as you would be dependent on the same balance. More so, remember your own financial details are also required as your ties to Nig and especially since you would be footing the return flight tickets.

My opinion is that payslips are not enough. Have u thought of a scenario where someone earns a good salary but due to debts or dependants or other financial commitments, the person’s outgoings match (or even surpass) incoming funds? How can you convince the ECO that this is not the case with you? How can you prove that your sponsor would have no recourse to public funds while providing for you in the UK?

This is by far the best advice.
The balance is just too low
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
marcDgreat:
HI a friend of mine has an issue.
he applied for and has gotten admission but he just started keeping the needed fund in his sponsors account today, the fund will mature on the 15th is September. the school resumes on the 21st, but with the way dates are unavailable, he might not be able to get an interview date close to the date the account matures.
He was hoping to do priority visa, but it has been suspended for now, he wants to ask the school to let him resume late and put a later resumption date on his CAS.
someone advised him to call the embassy and narrate his situation but there is no number to call online if you have any number please kindly send it my way.
Please what do you advise he do next should he go ahead and pay the deposit with hope that priority visa will resume or should he defer his admission.
Gurus in the house pls help!!!
Defer the admission, priority visa is not likely to come up anytime soon... I strongly doubt that..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
[sub][/sub]
Roneld77:

Thanks, i think the op is not understanding my kinds of english language here, last time someone here told me, that i don’t need any of her financial paperwork’s if she’s ain’t paying for the trip, and actually she not paying for the trip, she will only be responsible for my accommodation, food, and likely medical health insurance if possible, but not responsible to my round air fare. So u mean i should submit her payslips and leave her bank statement and her payslips shows she have a long time permanent employment and and getting all her bank statement may looks suspicious to the eco as am coming as a friend ect
Medical health insurance? I think you should remove that from anything you are writing . Accommodation and feeding is understandable and with these 2 supports, you must not provide bank statements of the individual. Stick to accommodation and feeding

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 11:08pm On Aug 18, 2020
Roneld77:

The applicant is at ease to pursue the angle they feel most comfortable with. It is not a hard and fast rule. The idea is to cover as much grounds as possible. I have attached an excerpt from Visit Guidance from gov.uk, a document ECOs use to decide visa applications. They generally liken a sponsor to one providing maintenance and accommodation and is also generally called financial support. On face value, a sponsor providing accommodation and maintenance does not need so much more as you would be staying in the sponsor's house at no additional cost to them. But then, it is what it is.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:23am On Aug 19, 2020
If you've got a scholarship covering your tuition balance / maintenance, choose yes.
Selecting yes or no on the IOM form won't affect your visa application if the sponsorship situation changes.
brainz360:
Hello guys... please this a quick one. I'm currently filling the IOM form. I'm kinda confused, don't know the option to select here..

=> Applicant is being sponsored to come to UK: Yes or No
Which should I chose?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nony43(m): 5:42am On Aug 19, 2020
[quote author=Monmarri post=79153912]

Many thanks Justwise for the correction. I appreciate. Please Justwise for the saving route u mentioned £16k, I am reading £65k and £16k. The complete saving route involves lot of money .However if you earn under the requirements for income you can use £16,000 min savings to make up the differencendly . Many thanks for the correction. [/quote

Good morning sir, what are the requirements one need to apply for an EFP visa ( European Family Payment)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 19, 2020
giselle237:
[sub][/sub]
Medical health insurance? I think you should remove that from anything you are writing . Accommodation and feeding is understandable and with these 2 supports, you must not provide bank statements of the individual. Stick to accommodation and feeding

Thanks for your response.

I don’t mean medical health insurance, but medical insurance and i see many people including (medical insurance) in their invitation letter, so i should submit only her payslips right ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:00am On Aug 19, 2020
Roneld77:

Thanks for your response. I dont mean medical health insurance, but medical insurance and i see many people including (medical insurance) in their invitation letter, so i should submit only her payslips right ?
Who are the many people?
This is the uk visa application, you dont need medical insurance for visit visa. Sir please do the one wey dey your mind as we seem to be flogging a dead horse.
If we are not, then do scrap that part from ur application and stick to accommodation and feeding as what this friend would be providing and then you don’t need to provide anything that would rope the visa decision against you.

If your gut feelings still say so, then feel free to drop the payslips.

The important part where many miss it in this is not because of providing bank statement, payslip or not, it is about proving to the ECO that truly that family member or that friend is truly that and there is a proof to show that there’s a genuine relationship of you knowing each other before... focus there and leave ‘medical insurance’
You can add evidence of her accommodation like accommodation agreement and things like that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 19, 2020
giselle237:

Who are the many people?
This is the uk visa application, you dont need medical insurance for visit visa. Sir please do the one wey dey your mind as we seem to be flogging a dead horse.
If we are not, then do scrap that part from ur application and stick to accommodation and feeding as what this friend would be providing and then you don’t need to provide anything that would rope the visa decision against you.

If your gut feelings still say so, then feel free to drop the payslips.

The important part where many miss it in this is not because of providing bank statement, payslip or not, it is about proving to the ECO that truly that family member or that friend is truly that and there is a proof to show that there’s a genuine relationship of you knowing each other before... focus there and leave ‘medical insurance’
You can add evidence of her accommodation like accommodation agreement and things like that

Thanks so much for the helps.
She gave me her rent receipts and passport data page, i will just do exactly what u say, because she have sit her ass million times to draft an invitation letters going to the library ect all because of me and it not free in library’s
cus she pay fees for that using the computers ect and in all them letters medical insurance is written; we have corrected and corrected the i.v many times and we both tired, make we leave the medical insurance like that, nah God dey approve visa even when we all do our homework’s in the application and travel expenses is included within the UK in the I.V; i will print out our conversations as friends and add that to the application and i hope it helps as u say ?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:51am On Aug 19, 2020
Roneld77:

She gave me her rent receipts and passport data page, i will just do exactly what u say, because she have sit her ass million times to draft an invitation letters going to the library ect all because of me and it not free in library’s
cus she pay fees for that using the computers ect and in all them letters medical insurance is written; we have corrected and corrected the i.v many times and we both tired, make we leave the medical insurance like that, nah God dey approve visa even when we all do our homework’s in the application and travel expenses is included within the UK in the I.V; i will print out our conversations as friends and add that to the application and i hope it helps as u say ?
Thanks
You can add the print out of your conversations.
Then only her according to the IV is providing medical insurance, accommodation, feeding and travel expenses in the UK and you guys feel the ECO wont want to see her account balance?
Bros please tell her to go to the library and edit that invitation letter to accommodation and feeding as she is not financially buoyant showing account balance of 500 pounds.
Pls use your tongue to count your teeth, you know say you never meet this person before offline, already that one na minus so pls reduce the minus scale for this application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tuoma: 8:00am On Aug 19, 2020
Good morning
Is there anyone who applied on the 28th of July and yet to receive a response?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sonarirok(f): 8:01am On Aug 19, 2020
Why don’t you edit the letter yourself? Medical insurance for a visit visa.....interesting. Good luck.

Roneld77:

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.