Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1450236 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Marc0110(m): 10:19am On Oct 01, 2020
Hello all, is it compulsory to do COVID-19 test when leaving Nigeria for UK via British Airways?

Many thanks as always
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 10:25am On Oct 01, 2020
Marc0110:
Hello all, is it compulsory to do COVID-19 test when leaving Nigeria for UK via British Airways?

Many thanks as always

This has been answered almost on every page. Answer is No.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 11:17am On Oct 01, 2020
Brightingsus:

This has been answered almost on every page. Answer is No.
he be like say the thing don change oo.
a guy just call me yesterday that the test is now required regardless of the flight (connecting and direct) . can you really trust Nigeria government agencies?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Doyinh: 11:21am On Oct 01, 2020
Is it for British Airways
Vasco1dagama:
a guy just call me yesterday that the test is now required regardless of the flight (connecting and direct) . can you really trust Nigeria government agencies?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kcfastshooter(m): 11:29am On Oct 01, 2020
Thanks everyone on this forum and the gurus in the house, I am finally in u.k, thanks for the support and advice.

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yuzee(f): 11:49am On Oct 01, 2020
Hi fam,

Please for the 14days quarantine, can one use a family or friends house as his location for quarantine? And must the 14 days isolation be strictly adhered to...asking for a friend who has an exam to write within that 14days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2020
kcfastshooter:
Thanks everyone on this forum and the gurus in the house, I am finally in u.k, thanks for the support and advice.

Nice! When did you arrive? Share your POE experience with us! Questions asked etc!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2020
Vasco1dagama:
abeg may una help me shey Turkish airline they collect covid
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2020
Vasco1dagama:

Im not bashing you but pls avoid sharing unconfirmed infos from unverifiable sources! This is a big forum! One single advice that someone picks from here can land them in anything!

You previously said they were deporting people but everyday people come here and share they just arrived the UK,Unless the news is coming from FAAN,Minister of Aviation,Health minister’s,Govuk etc! Pls don’t share!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2020
Yuzee:
Hi fam,

Please for the 14days quarantine, can one use a family or friends house as his location for quarantine? And must the 14 days isolation be strictly adhered to...asking for a friend who has an exam to write within that 14days

Definitely yes, u can use family or friend's house and you will definitely be asked this at POE. Adhering to it is a requirement but advisory cos there is no real way of policing it

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yuzee(f): 2:48pm On Oct 01, 2020
Thank you Brightingsus
Brightingsus:

Definitely yes, u can use family or friend's house and you will definitely be asked this at POE. Adhering to it is a requirement but advisory cos there is no real way of policing it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chinlov: 2:50pm On Oct 01, 2020
pls can I upgrade to priority after biometrics? if yes how?

Thank guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yuzee(f): 2:50pm On Oct 01, 2020
Please is there any body currently in the UK, who worked for a bank in Nigeria and is currently working for a bank/financial institution in UK please I need your assistance.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oladotunfelix2: 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2020
I spend 98,000 every month

Here's the breakdown for the 1500£

640£ for ticket
240£ for hotel

620£ for shopping

giselle237:

What’s ur disposable income and whats the breakdown of the 1500 pounds ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2020
Remove shopping money ooo. It is not their business. You are a tourist. Even if you write in ur form that u are going to snap pictures and come back in free tourist sites, you would still be given visa. Shopping fee is not a requiremnt
oladotunfelix2:
I spend 98,000 every month
Here's the breakdown for the 1500£

640£ for ticket
240£ for hotel

620£ for shopping

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2020
[quote author=UhnNah post=94500647]

Im not bashing you but pls avoid sharing unconfirmed infos from unverifiable sources! This is a big forum! One single advice that someone picks from here can land them in anything!

You previously said they were deporting people but everyday people come here and share they just arrived the UK,Unless the news is coming from FAAN,Minister of Aviation,Health minister’s,Govuk etc! Pls don’t share![/quote very funny, so I shouldn't say what I know again because you are here! if people have been deported it mustn't be everyone.
yes I repeat, some persons are deported on the ground of hotel reservation whom seldomly refuse to accept new ukba policies .]
on the issue of covid test, I didn't confirm neither did I recommend but base on information I got yesterday from a friend .I reckon you are just bitter with my post because I countered your fake argument about a guy who has a child and looking forward to overstay.
oga , if my post does not suit you kindly walk away. I don't know you and you don't know me!
loco!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2020
[quote author=Vasco1dagama post=94507416][/quote]

@Vasco1dagama,reread my comment slowly,non-agreesive then look at your reply! Repeat till you understand what im trying to say!

And to the other part of someone arguing about marrying someone,counter argue bla bla! That wasn’t me chief! Go through my comments and look at my username properly!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oladotunfelix2: 8:14pm On Oct 01, 2020
I really appreciate u sir

Please can I budget for ticket and hotel alone

Ticket 607 not 640

Hotel 240

Total 847£

giselle237:
Remove shopping money ooo. It is not their business. You are a tourist. Even if you write in ur form that u are going to snap pictures and come back in free tourist sites, you would still be given visa. Shopping fee is not a requiremnt
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oladotunfelix2: 8:14pm On Oct 01, 2020

Please should I budget for ticket and hotel alone

Ticket 607 not 640

Hotel 240

Total 847£

giselle237:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cerebrae(m): 12:56am On Oct 02, 2020
When applying for a visit visa which will be fully sponsored by a relative in the UK, what will I enter as my expected expenses
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by twojul: 3:30am On Oct 02, 2020
Hello everyone. I’m trying to book my appointment for ikeja and all the dates I’m seeing are for premium lounge. Is this how is usually is? If I pay for this premium (42k) will I still pay for anything else at the appointment? I’ve selected self service and will upload all my docs myself to save cost
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by twojul: 4:41am On Oct 02, 2020
Please how can I get an itinerary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:37am On Oct 02, 2020
oladotunfelix2:
Please should I budget for ticket and hotel alone
Ticket 607 not 640
Hotel 240
Total 847£
Do not exceed twice your disposable income.... so tailor ur budget to under 630k Naira and hopefully u should be fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 7:19am On Oct 02, 2020
The 2 times I applied and got my visit visas, it was sponsored by my fiance, I filled he would spend £1,000 , when I got to how much I will spend for the trip, I also filled £ 1, 000 and he earns about £ 2,700 gross on d average...This is my experience. Thanks

[

quote author=Cerebrae post=94520765]When applying for a visit visa which will be fully sponsored by a relative in the UK, what will I enter as my expected expenses[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oladotunfelix2: 8:47am On Oct 02, 2020
Thanks alot sir please help me see this

Food for one week and local transport

£399

Ticket
£607

Hotel
£240

Total £1246

giselle237:

Do not exceed twice your disposable income.... so tailor ur budget to under 630k Naira and hopefully u should be fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lightest(m): 9:34am On Oct 02, 2020
good day guys, weldone for the wonderful work u people are doing.

pls, is it true that flight operators has specific days they can fly.

someone posted a schedule of recent and i could see BA doesnt fly on friday from Lagos to london but they fly from Abuja to London on the same friday.

pls, anybody that have BA Customers care no should kindly drop it so that i can make enquiry becuase my booking fell on Friday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cerebrae(m): 10:05am On Oct 02, 2020
geli12:

The 2 times I applied and got my visit visas, it was sponsored by my fiance, I filled he would spend £1,000 , when I got to how much I will spend for the trip, I also filled £ 1, 000 and he earns about £ 2,700 gross on d average...This is my experience. Thanks

[

quote author=Cerebrae post=94520765]When applying for a visit visa which will be fully sponsored by a relative in the UK, what will I enter as my expected expenses

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by imgcasted(m): 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2020
Just to encourage someone
Biotemetric on Aug 27 at Abuja

Got the visa 21st of September

Getting ready to travel...

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yemi234: 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2020
Good afternoon everyone, I have some questions please, I am a visual artist and a recent graduate. I have an exhibition in London at the end of the month which I intend attending for 2 weeks provided I get the visa. I have received invitation letter from the gallery, as well as from my Aunty who’ll be accommodating and feeding me. But I would bear the cost for the trip by myself. My questions are;

1) How much do I need to have in my account? Would 1.1M naira suffice for the application?
2) my brand isn’t registered yet, but I get paid for art sales and photoshoot, it’s how I make a living since I left school. Is it mandatory to have a business certificate? Or is it enough to show receipts/invoice of payments to prove where my money comes from.
3) I receive payments from 2 of my banks and save with PiggyVest, is it advisable to drop my PiggyVest bank statement and would it seem dubious if they see credit alerts from my other banks to my PiggyVest?
4) my aunt accommodating me is more like my mother’s cousin, so we don’t share the same name, but she has provided her data page, council tax and account statement as she’s a citizen of the UK.
5) will adding a landed property also help boost my application?
6) after biometrics does it mean I can’t forward money to my PiggyVest to save since I’m submitting the statement of account.

It’s my first ever application hence my passport is virgin. But can I also submit my ecowas passport alongside, it’s where I have travel stamps to several west African countries.

I’ll appreciate your kind response. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iretiogo1: 1:49pm On Oct 02, 2020
imgcasted:
Just to encourage someone Biotemetric on Aug 27 at Abuja
Got the visa 21st of September
Getting ready to travel...
what kind of visa plz
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oyin000000: 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2020
Please has anyone here travelled to the UK using British Airways on a Friday?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by soldierboy1001: 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2020
Makkykiki:
Hello everyone, good evening, please this is an SOS call, abeg who has an valid advice or suggestion should please reply.....I have a valid tier 4 Visa currently in the UK, hubby and son got theirs to join me in March, of course covid and lockdown hit....
my husband and son re-submitted their passports again for a new vignette as their vignette expired, it's only valid for 30 dsys, they submitted since 28th of July and till date they no gree return their passports, I contacted my school and they confirmed that the passports was dispatched by ukvi since 4th, on monday this week TLS ikeja confirmed to my husband that the passport is in British High commission Victoria island from their tracking cos my husband was nearly causing a scene at their office, till today passport still hasn't gotten to TLS for pick up......please aside from prayer cos I have prayed o what other way can I make UK high commission realese the passports abeg.......useful advice desperately needed....thanks

Please, have your hubby and son gotten their passport back? How did you go about it? I am in a similar situation and I really need to know how to get my passport back.

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.