Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,132 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1445496 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Poch: 9:09am On Sep 30, 2020
tshoboy:
Hi guys, does anyone know if TLS has started operating their Flexi appointment (walk in service) at their VI office?

Flexi is not walk-in. Flexi is the ability to consolidate multiple appointments on same day. suitable for family appointments.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 9:13am On Sep 30, 2020
giselle237:

Nice. But she didn't get her visa with hotel app. She mentioned that she is visiting a friend who is covering her accommodation and feeding. So she is looking for a means to tally up her intentions cus she really wants to travel for only 6 days.
This is the matter she has been trying to solve.

Then the third part of my message is for her then! Booking a 17 days ticket shows she knows the rule and she’s READY to follow them!

Immigrations are human too and they should expect plans like this due of covid 19,if they’re not expecting things like this there won’t be a 14 days quarantine plan and the border won’t be open! Just have a reasonable plan! Finish!

17 days,staying with my friend throughout,additional 3 days to go out! No need to explain that she won’t spend the whole 17 days,it complicates things! When she’s done with her friend,reschedule and leave...it’s even on their site that you can leave early! But for a Nigerian,just book additional days for quarantine pls!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mekaboy(m): 9:20am On Sep 30, 2020
Hello gurus in the house. Does it mean any tourist application with the intention to stay 14 days and bellow does not make sense because if the quarantine rules?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Poch: 9:21am On Sep 30, 2020
Kinpelz:
Good afternoon,

Please for those traveling to the UK soon, is there any requirement to do covid test?

I am travelling with BA and there is no requirement for this. However, I have heard people say they were asked at the airport. Please anyone with information on this?
I spoke with BA call center agent yesterday, and she claimed that it is now required. I think within, 120hours before travel date.
You can call to confirm yourself: 08002222557
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Poch: 9:25am On Sep 30, 2020
mimilyrics:
No, there's no requirement for Covid-19 test for entry into the UK. A friend came in on BA 2 weekends ago and wasn't asked for one; my mum who came in on Virgin Atlantic 2 days ago wasn't asked for it either.

Naija issues can never be straight-forward.
I tire for this country abeg...
Thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 9:25am On Sep 30, 2020
mekaboy:
Hello gurus in the house. Does it mean any tourist application with the intention to stay 14 days and bellow does not make sense because if the quarantine rules?

Visa application & POE is different! If you’re just applying! State the numbers of days you want to use 6,7,10 days etc! When visa is out! Tackle POE rules separately!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Poch: 9:26am On Sep 30, 2020
Brightingsus:

Family member boarded successfully the BA flight from Lagos to London tonight and no mention of Covid test at the airport. At the security, after checking in bags, they were given a form each to fill their local addresses in Nig, I presume for contact tracing.

Thank you so much for this information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheExalted: 9:27am On Sep 30, 2020
Nnatuu:
Hello my people, I am new here and will need your wise counsel.

I want to apply for a UK Visitor visa and will need your guide on below concerns.

1. Is it safe to indicate that i'll spend GBP1200 during my visit? Note: i earn 500k after deductions, self sponsored with a statement of about 6m and also have my own firm which is additional source of income BUT not a steady one.

2. I wish to stay for a week max (Is this safe or should i state 2 weeks instead) so it doesnt look false.

3. Will there be a conflict if i indicate that i am employed and self employed(own my own firm) at same time??

4. Will it make any difference to include a landed property and, my daughter as ties in my application? (Or will someone think i am trying too hard to prove ties?)

5. Do i need an invite from the UK or can I just apply as a tourist intending to stay in a hotel/hostel? Which will give more credibility to my application?

Your response will be HIGHLY appreciated as i am TOTALLY clueless about the decision process.

1200 is okay but it is more than your monthly income. I'd suggest you stay within your monthly net income which is around GBP1,000 at today's Oandas rate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mekaboy(m): 9:42am On Sep 30, 2020
UhnNah:

Visa application & POE is different! If you’re just applying! State the numbers of days you want to use 6,7,10 days etc! When visa is out! Tackle POE rules separately!

Thanks for the information. So they do not put the 14 days quarantine rules into consideration in an application? Assuming i state 7 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 9:47am On Sep 30, 2020
mekaboy:

Thanks for the information. So they do not put the 14 days quarantine rules into consideration in an application? Assuming i state 7 days.

It’s irrelevant! Who knows what would be the border/POE rules by the time your visa is out and you’re ready to travel?! Things will get better tho...Amen!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnatuu: 10:34am On Sep 30, 2020
TheExalted:

1200 is okay but it is more than your monthly income. I'd suggest you stay within your monthly net income which is around GBP1,000 at today's Oandas rate.

I see...

This is well noted.

Appreciated!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oladotunfelix2: 10:38am On Sep 30, 2020
Good morning house
Please I need you to put me through sir/ma

Applying for UK tourist visa for 7 days
Married with 2 kids

I earn 420,000# every month

Planing to spend £1,500 in the UK

Please I need your advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 10:42am On Sep 30, 2020
Poch:

I spoke with BA call center agent yesterday, and she claimed that it is now required. I think within, 120hours before travel date.
You can call to confirm yourself: 08002222557

This can be confusing to some. I just picked family member from the airport who arrived from Lagos on BA flight. No covid test was done neither was it asked for.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 10:55am On Sep 30, 2020
Adaaam:

Please I'm around that ajao estate close to the airport road, I've been trying to pop you an email but it can't pull through.

Can you please tell me where is best and close to my proximity?

Thank you for your prompt reply.
You can get it at airport

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oladotunfelix2: 11:10am On Sep 30, 2020
Please help me

oladotunfelix2:
Good morning house

Married with 2 kids

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 11:24am On Sep 30, 2020
Brightingsus:

Official gov.uk information suggests if you are coming to the UK for less than 14 days, then you would have to isolate for all of your stay in the UK. However be prepared to face tougher scrutiny at the POE as to why you wanna come and lock yourself in for all of your stay.
thank you oo, I tried several logic to discourage him from that 6 days but he seems
not to understand. I hope he listen to you sir.
thumbs up for the eagle eye.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2020
Hello good people,

I thank you all for this forum, the ideas, the advice, the constructive criticism and one thing i noticed was that everything is for us to achieve a positive visa outcome.

I have been reading this section, skipped some pages and atimes it like i should break my phone and go and find an agent to do my visa application for me, but with what i read here about agents, I dont want to start my travelling experience with a story that touches the heart.

I gathered all the documents mentioned here on the platform, and i read the ukvisa website again and again then i decided to give it a trail as a first timer.

the documents i uploaded were as follows:
* bank account
* pay slip
* reference letter from my work place
* my cover letter
* wedding pix and certificate
* my family pix (father, mother siblings)
* wedding pix
* one undeveloped landed property wey dey inside bush
* flight booking- i did not pay (turkey)
* hotel rent from booking.com- 7 days
* utility bill- electricity bill

then i proceeded to ikeja tls center on
- 11/09/20 to submit
- 11/09/20 - received transfer to dmc mail
- 15/09/20 - received received by dmc mail
- 29/09/20 - received travel document ready for collection mail.

Please I want to ask this question:

I am not available not to go and collect the passport in Lagos. How long can my passport be in lagos before they complain that i dont come.
can i go to the place after 1 month and collect my passport.?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Poch: 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
Brightingsus:

This can be confusing to some. I just picked family member from the airport who arrived from Lagos on BA flight. No covid test was done neither was it asked for.

You are so right.
These guys are really misleading...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oladotunfelix2: 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2020
Help ooooooooooo

oladotunfelix2:
Good morning house

Married with 2 kids

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2020
coopfortune:
Hello good people,

I thank you all for this forum, the ideas, the advice, the constructive criticism and one thing i noticed was that everything is for us to achieve a positive visa outcome.

I have been reading this section, skipped some pages and atimes it like i should break my phone and go and find an agent to do my visa application for me, but with what i read here about agents, I dont want to start my travelling experience with a story that touches the heart.

I gathered all the documents mentioned here on the platform, and i read the ukvisa website again and again then i decided to give it a trail as a first timer.

* bank account
* pay slip
* my cover letter
* wedding pix

- 11/09/20 to submit

I am not available not to go and collect the passport in Lagos. How long can my passport be in lagos before they complain that i dont come.

help me please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2020
coopfortune:

help me please
U should have paid 7k for courier that would bring straight to your house since you know u are not near Lagos. How do u want us to help u now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2020
oladotunfelix2:
Good morning house

Married with 2 kids

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2020
oladotunfelix2:
Help ooooooooooo
What’s ur disposable income and whats the breakdown of the 1500 pounds ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2020
giselle237:

U should have paid 7k for courier that would bring straight to your house since you know u are not near Lagos. How do u want us to help u now?

Sir, no money as at that time

i just want to know if going to ikeja in 1 months time to collect my passport os not too late

im currently at yola to do something and my office might likely send me on another errand after this so im calculating max of 1 month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 1:32pm On Sep 30, 2020
Good day all..

I am here again to share visa timeline, this time for my daughter.
I applied for my visa, used my daughter as my tie back home, a day after my own came out I went for her biometrics, having applied for her like one week before...so UK embassy called her school, no one picked, then they called my fiance, they complained about my statement of account, my fiance couldn't say much to them only that I was with him last December and he also wants my daughter to accompany me...

Biometrics- 11th September
Collection mail- 29th September
Collected her passport like 30mjns ago

She is full of joy as well as me...this forum is more than a gift to me, thank you everyone..

Pls I want to ask if it's ok to leave UK on the last day my visa is expiring, my visa ends on 4th March, can I buy ticket to leave on that day?
Also will they question me on my daughter, if she will not go to school, we want to travel on November and come back on 4th March, d day my visa is expiring, thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2020
geli12:

Good day all..

Pls I want to ask if it's ok to leave UK on the last day my visa is expiring, my visa ends on 4th March, can I buy ticket to leave on that day?
Also will they question me on my daughter, if she will not go to school, we want to travel on November and come back on 4th March, d day my visa is expiring, thank you
Congratulations...
What did u fill in ur visa app as the duration of your visit to the UK? .
Then about her school. It’s a valid question especially if u are asked at the POE how long you are coming in for. November to March is a long period. 5 whole months.
Sometimes they ask to see return tickets at the border. Showing return ticket of 5months is a huge red flag.
Let’s say you get off at the POE without any hassles, what happens to your next application?
Trust me the 5 months will count against you then without any strong extenuating circumstance to back it up.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2020
coopfortune:

Sir, no money as at that time
i just want to know if going to ikeja in 1 months time to collect my passport os not too late

im currently at yola to do something and my office might likely send me on another errand after this so im calculating max of 1 month
Ok I think it would be there or u can send a feedback to TLS on their website and ask them directly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2020
I moved departure to January, thanks a lot

Thank u for the feedback...
In my appl I filled 18th November to 12th of December
My next application will be spousal visa hopefully..

giselle237:

Congratulations...
What did u fill in ur visa app as the duration of your visit to the UK? .
Then about her school. It’s a valid question especially if u are asked at the POE how long you are coming in for. November to March is a long period. 5 whole months.
Sometimes they ask to see return tickets at the border. Showing return ticket of 5months is a huge red flag.
Let’s say you get off at the POE without any hassles, what happens to your next application?
Trust me the 5 months will count against you then without any strong extenuating circumstance to back it up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2020
Vasco1dagama:
oga, just take enough leaf from work that will cover 25 or 30 days .
the possibility of getting 6 days return flight is quite slim at the moment.
Am quite sure you can not get a return flight within that range of 6 days .
I leave further explanation and objections to the gurus in the building.
I no be expert ooo

Thanks so much for your input. My visa is going to expire by March 2021 but I am thinking of going in January now so I can have enough time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2020
UhnNah:

My advice : This is specific for your situation because i think you just want to travel and use your visa! Flying to uk and back is already an experience regardless of what you’d do there! I get it!

Book a ticket and hotel/hostel for 17 days! IF you’re asked about your plans, Tell them you’re here to relax and vacay! The 14 days isolation is fine by you and you’ll use the extra 3 days for sightseeing after your isolation! This makes sense!

If you have someone you’re staying with,book 17 days ticket (Same story as above) you can leave anytime even before 14 days! Reschedule your ticket to an earlier date and return home!

Pls make sure you really isolate and follow the rules,you might get away with things,but it’ll ruin things for others!

Good luck!

Thanks. This idea also make sense but it means I will have to pay extra fees for date change if I want to come back earlier than scheduled. Though thinking now of going in January by God's grace.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2020
giselle237:

Nice. But she didn't get her visa with hotel app. She mentioned that she is visiting a friend who is covering her accommodation and feeding. So she is looking for a means to tally up her intentions cus she really wants to travel for only 6 days.
This is the matter she has been trying to solve.

Exactly! Though am thinking of going again in January because the visa expires in March 2021. Thank you sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 8:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
coopfortune:
Hello good people,

* bank account
* pay slip
* my cover letter
* wedding pix

- 11/09/20 to submit

so u b silent reader abi,
kindly do giveaway and salute the travel section of nairaland oracle o cos u still av a lot to gain.

well back to ur question: i think nothing will do ur passport if its still at tls within a month sha (in my own opinion though).

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.