Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1447778 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adaaam: 4:25pm On Sep 29, 2020
Good evening all!

Please I'm in need of 500 pounds in Lagos, where can i get a seller to pay the conversion in naira.

Any one have an idea? I need it in cash, don't have a dom account to recieve transfer.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by niwura: 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2020
Makkykiki:
Hello everyone, good evening, please this is an SOS call, abeg who has an valid advice or suggestion should please reply.....I have a valid tier 4 Visa currently in the UK, hubby and son got theirs to join me in March, of course covid and lockdown hit....
my husband and son re-submitted their passports again for a new vignette as their vignette expired, it's only valid for 30 dsys, they submitted since 28th of July and till date they no gree return their passports, I contacted my school and they confirmed that the passports was dispatched by ukvi since 4th, on monday this week TLS ikeja confirmed to my husband that the passport is in British High commission Victoria island from their tracking cos my husband was nearly causing a scene at their office, till today passport still hasn't gotten to TLS for pick up......please aside from prayer cos I have prayed o what other way can I make UK high commission realese the passports abeg.......useful advice desperately needed....thanks

Hello guys,
Please I need help with this
My husband and kids were supposed to have joined me on a tier 4 dependant visa which was issued in before the lockdown, unfortunately the 30 day vignette is expired. We applied for renewal and it’s been almost 4 weeks and nothing from Uk home office. I was asked to send a proof of my current student status.

Is anyone having similar issue? What was the eventual outcome? How long did it take to resolve this?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnatuu: 4:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
Hello my people, I am new here and will need your wise counsel.

I want to apply for a UK Visitor visa and will need your guide on below concerns.

1. Is it safe to indicate that i'll spend GBP1200 during my visit? Note: i earn 500k after deductions, self sponsored with a statement of about 6m and also have my own firm which is additional source of income BUT not a steady one.

2. I wish to stay for a week max (Is this safe or should i state 2 weeks instead) so it doesnt look false.

3. Will there be a conflict if i indicate that i am employed and self employed(own my own firm) at same time??

4. Will it make any difference to include a landed property and, my daughter as ties in my application? (Or will someone think i am trying too hard to prove ties?)

5. Do i need an invite from the UK or can I just apply as a tourist intending to stay in a hotel/hostel? Which will give more credibility to my application?

Your response will be HIGHLY appreciated as i am TOTALLY clueless about the decision process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
Vasco1dagama:
if it is stated on your visa that you will be visiting family or friends then simply provide their address on the form.
am actually concerned about those without family or friends who are using hotel reservation as their point of destination.
a whole lot happened in recent week so guys exercise caution oooo. if you are close to airport officials in Lagos you go hear plenty Tori wey no sweet at all. a lady returned with tears on her eyes despite holding a baby ukba denied her entry on the ground that the hotel she booked refuse to guarantee them.
it's a new twist going on now oo.
am still trying to figure out if it was because of the recent increase in Corona virus in UK. or could it be because of the illegal migrant crossing from Calais in France to UK through English channel. I also heard that some areas in UK are currently on lockdown. the thing turf now oo.
well I will be glad if UK authorities can inform hotels about the need to provide extra securities that will monitor guests. as it stand now, most hotels are not aware that they will be the once to monitor tourist .
so make sure you clearify everything with your hotel before booking. no be when you reach airport them begin tell you say our contract agreement does not include security that will monitor you so Dem no go fit accept.

It was stated in my form that I am visiting a friend. Though I stated 10days but I can't stay up to that now because I need to quickly come back to work. My friend will accommodate me. My question is if not spending up to 14days in his house be a problem at the POE? Those you saw at the airport is their visa cancelled?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2020
Nnatuu:

I want to apply for a UK Visitor visa and will need your guide on below concerns.

1. Is it safe to indicate that i'll spend GBP1200 during my visit? Note: i earn 500k after deductions, self sponsored with a statement of about 6m and also have my own firm which is additional source of income BUT not a steady one.

2. I wish to stay for a week max (Is this safe or should i state 2 weeks instead) so it doesnt look false.

3. Will there be a conflict if i indicate that i am employed and self employed(own my own firm) at same time??

4. Will it make any difference to include a landed property and, my daughter as ties in my application? (Or will someone think i am trying too hard to prove ties?)

5. Do i need an invite from the UK or can I just apply as a tourist intending to stay in a hotel/hostel? Which will give more credibility to my application?

Your response will be HIGHLY appreciated as i am TOTALLY clueless about the decision process.

1. It's okay to indicate that you will spend that during your stay. It's a VERY decent estimate given the duration of stay
2. Your earnings is great. I feel you do not have to include your private business but that's up to you. There's an additional income section for that
3. I don't think you can indicate both at the same time
4. You can but it's not a MANDATORY requirement. Your job is a tie
5. No you don't need an invite. Personally, I have NEVER used one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnatuu: 5:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
Nchabuomo:

1. It's okay to indicate that you will spend that during your stay. It's a VERY decent estimate given the duration of stay
2. Your earnings is great. I feel you do not have to include your private business but that's up to you. There's an additional income section for that
3. I don't think you can indicate both at the same time
4. You can but it's not a MANDATORY requirement. Your job is a tie
5. No you don't need an invite. Personally, I have NEVER used one.

Thanks for the confidence, brother. You guys are doing a great a great job on the forum. I'd go ahead and put in my application right away.

Heaven wish me luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Haryoureendey4(m): 6:35pm On Sep 29, 2020
Brightingsus:

This is a joke, right
no sir....I only have #1m in my account nd that is too small to prove sponsoring my self. Reason i need someone's statement of acct.... The #1m is to cover my own basic needs during my stay. I have 2-3 friends in US nd UK. So they got me covered for accommodation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
Nnatuu:

!
Do add your daughter’s information, birth certificate etc .. She is your dependent and also serves as a tie. ... viz a viz you can’t abandon your daughter in Nigeria to go and live in the Uk is the point you are trying to translate to the ECO by doing this.
Do you have a spouse? It will also help.
U should also include ur landed property. Assets in home country or resident country also serve as ties. If this is ur first application, it strengthens your application in my humble and personal opinion.
Keyword= personal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 8:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
Thanks.

Monmarri:

You can change with Mallam or you go to the bank. Just compare.

Just hold £200. You will still hold some change after expenses

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnatuu: 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2020
giselle237:

Do add your daughter’s information, birth certificate etc .. She is your dependent and also serves as a tie. ... viz a viz you can’t abandon your daughter in Nigeria to go and live in the Uk is the point you are trying to translate to the ECO by doing this.
Do you have a spouse? It will also help.
U should also include ur landed property. Assets in home country or resident country also serve as ties. If this is ur first application, it strengthens your application in my humble and personal opinion.
Keyword= personal

Oh thanks a lot brother for the information. I surely cannot leave my daughter for any reason.

Spouse, not yet.

Other challenges i have is that:

1. I do buy and sell cars from IAAI, USA i.e I have multiple large deposits from cars i sold at different times few weeks ago. All i have to prove these are the pictures of the cars and bill of Laden from USA in my name. Will these deposits be an issue as they are different from my salary payments or will the export documents from USA suffice to prove ownership?

2. I receive most of my monies on a Zenith Bank account and then transfer from Zenith to my savings with another bank which this other bank account statement is what i want to provide to the embassy. Since most of the inflows to the main account are from my own account in Zenith bank, is this a red flag? Will providing the source account statement help in this situation? I did this because my Zenith ATM card is tied to SEVERAL online payment sites that make auto deductions so the account is very prone to fraud.

3. I have other important deposits from two different corporate accounts from two companies i own, do i need to include these? Should i exclude my corporate accounts so the ECO does not think my income stream is complicated i.e one salary and two different corporate accounts(different companies) IT related? In a nutshell, will 5 five different bank statements be a red flag?

4 . MUST i provide tax clearance certificates for ALL the companies i own if i must have to mention them in my application?

ABeg no vex my brother, as i de read the forum de go i realize say my matter complicate die....

Any info from anyone in the forum will really help clear my head as i want to visit early January with my partner.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
No, there's no requirement for Covid-19 test for entry into the UK. A friend came in on BA 2 weekends ago and wasn't asked for one; my mum who came in on Virgin Atlantic 2 days ago wasn't asked for it either.
Kinpelz:
Good afternoon,

Please for those traveling to the UK soon, is there any requirement to do covid test?

I am travelling with BA and there is no requirement for this. However, I have heard people say they were asked at the airport. Please anyone with information on this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 8:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
Nnatuu:

You can go to the UK and return in one week, but since there is currently a 2 week quarantine requirement, you will be indoors throughout your stay which makes absolutely no sense.

Work on this aspect.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnatuu: 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2020
Cyberknight:

You can go to the UK and return in one week, but since there is currently a 2 week quarantine requirement, you will be indoors throughout your stay which makes absolutely no sense.

Work on this aspect.

Wow...very important information right there!

This is really a show-stopper.

Thanks much for this info, bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:04pm On Sep 29, 2020
Nnatuu:

Oh thanks a lot brother for the information. I surely cannot leave my daughter for any reason.

Spouse, not yet.

Other challenges i have is that:

1. I do buy and sell cars from IAAI, USA i.e I have multiple large deposits from cars i sold at different times few weeks ago. All i have to prove these are the pictures of the cars and bill of Laden from USA in my name. Will these deposits be an issue as they are different from my salary payments or will the export documents from USA suffice to prove ownership?

2. I receive most of my monies on a Zenith Bank account and then transfer from Zenith to my savings with another bank which this other bank account statement is what i want to provide to the embassy. Since most of the inflows to the main account are from my own account in Zenith bank, is this a red flag? Will providing the source account statement help in this situation? I did this because my Zenith ATM card is tied to SEVERAL online payment sites that make auto deductions so the account is very prone to fraud.

3. I have other important deposits from two different corporate accounts from two companies i own, do i need to include these? Should i exclude my corporate accounts so the ECO does not think my income stream is complicated i.e one salary and two different corporate accounts(different companies) IT related? In a nutshell, will 5 five different bank statements be a red flag?

4 . MUST i provide tax clearance certificates for ALL the companies i own if i must have to mention them in my application?

ABeg no vex my brother, as i de read the forum de go i realize say my matter complicate die....

Any info from anyone in the forum will really help clear my head as i want to visit early January with my partner.

U dont need to provide tax clearance. It is not a mandatory requirement.
Providing 5 bank statements wud be much. Provide the ones with ur salary credits and any other one u feel like but 5 is alot.
At least provide the bank account that shows the source of your funds both salary and otherwise.

Now for the businesses, My own issue is complicating an easy appication. If u say u need to then, you can mention them. in the form pls address it as a side business (I hope u have cac docs and other things to back up all the transactions and forthwith business sales)

The problem with this I will reiterate is for u not to go and complicate a simple application.
Lastly, there is a way to reduce the complication should you decide on including all these car stuff.
Ur proposed travel is January.
U can do ur biometrics in December.
So from now till ur submission in December which I will suggest, is it possible to keep all ur car business monies and large deposits away from any bank statement u will be submitting?

This is to reduce the explanation u want to do as ur salary is good enough as an economic tie.

I hope it comes in monthly and is this amount u quoted.
U can be receiving ur trading money in an account u wont b submitting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnatuu: 9:08pm On Sep 29, 2020
giselle237:

U dont need to provide tax clearance. It is not a mandatory requirement.
Providing 5 bank statements wud be much. Provide the ones with ur salary credits and any other one u feel like but 5 is alot.
At least provide the bank account that shows the source of your funds both salary and otherwise.

Now for the businesses, My own issue is complicating an easy appication. If u say u need to then, you can mention them. in the form pls address it as a side business (I hope u have cac docs and other things to back up all the transactions and forthwith business sales)

The problem with this I will reiterate is for u not to go and complicate a simple application.
Lastly, there is a way to reduce the complication should you decide on including all these car stuff.
Ur proposed travel is January.
U can do ur biometrics in December.
So from now till ur submission in December which I will suggest, is it possible to keep all ur car business monies and large deposits away from any bank statement u will be submitting?

This is to reduce the explanation u want to do as ur salary is good enough as an economic tie.

I hope it comes in monthly and is this amount u quoted.
U can be receiving ur trading money in an account u wont b submitting.

Thanks a lot for this. God bless you all!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 9:39pm On Sep 29, 2020
graceodini:

It was stated in my form that I am visiting a friend. Though I stated 10days but I can't stay up to that now because I need to quickly come back to work. My friend will accommodate me. My question is if not spending up to 14days in his house be a problem at the POE? Those you saw at the airport is their visa cancelled?
that means you no go Waka for town . just remain indoor with your friends then return back after the stipulated 10 days.
but if your intentions was to flex for ten days then you have to book a return flight that will cover 10+ 14 = 24 which means you are spending 24 days in the UK.
meanwhile your flight might not necessarily be exactly date but that one no matter provided the difference is like 2-6 or even 7 additional days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 11:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kinpelz:
Good afternoon,

Please for those traveling to the UK soon, is there any requirement to do covid test?

I am travelling with BA and there is no requirement for this. However, I have heard people say they were asked at the airport. Please anyone with information on this?

Family member boarded successfully the BA flight from Lagos to London tonight and no mention of Covid test at the airport. At the security, after checking in bags, they were given a form each to fill their local addresses in Nig, I presume for contact tracing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kinpelz(f): 12:03am On Sep 30, 2020
Thank you so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kinpelz(f): 12:05am On Sep 30, 2020
Thank you so much.

mimilyrics:
No, there's no requirement for Covid-19 test for entry into the UK. A friend came in on BA 2 weekends ago and wasn't asked for one; my mum who came in on Virgin Atlantic 2 days ago wasn't asked for it either.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 12:14am On Sep 30, 2020
Vasco1dagama:
that means you no go Waka for town . just remain indoor with your friends then return back after the stipulated 10 days.
but if your intentions was to flex for ten days then you have to book a return flight that will cover 10+ 14 = 24 which means you are spending 24 days in the UK.
meanwhile your flight might not necessarily be exactly date but that one no matter provided the difference is like 2-6 or even 7 additional days.

Ok. But please I don't understand what you mean by YOUR FLIGHT MIGHT NOT NECESSARILY BE EXACT DATE. Can i book a flight for just 6days if my plan is to stay for 6days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 12:19am On Sep 30, 2020
Adaaam:
Good evening all!

Please I'm in need of 500 pounds in Lagos, where can i get a seller to pay the conversion in naira.

Any one have an idea? I need it in cash, don't have a dom account to recieve transfer.

Thanks.

It depends on your location in Lagos. Go to Airport or Ikeja around Lagos airport hotel. Beware of scammers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 12:54am On Sep 30, 2020
graceodini:

Ok. But please I don't understand what you mean by YOUR FLIGHT MIGHT NOT NECESSARILY BE EXACT DATE. Can i book a flight for just 6days if my plan is to stay for 6days?
for example
flight booking ( departure)2/ 10/ 20
return flight (22/10/20.

sometimes you may not get a return flight for 22 but any return flight you get from 22 - 30 is ok
I. e. departure 2/10/ 20
return 26/10/20
or 27/10/20
or. 28/10/20
or 29/10/20
or 30/10/20
you have time to flex oyibo chicks well we'll.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by princejunaid(m): 1:13am On Sep 30, 2020
Hello house I need help.
My former wife travel to you uk for studying while I wait here run my business only discovered that she use me as we dependant that I will join her anytime soon but we separated last year December wen I get to know she now have a child in UK now my problem now is I want to apply with my new wedded wife I want to go for my master pls. Want can I do to proof we are not married together. Because it on their system that am married to we.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adaaam: 6:40am On Sep 30, 2020
Ashirioluwa:

It depends on your location in Lagos. Go to Airport or Ikeja around Lagos airport hotel. Beware of scammers

Please I'm around that ajao estate close to the airport road, I've been trying to pop you an email but it can't pull through.

Can you please tell me where is best and close to my proximity?

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 6:45am On Sep 30, 2020
Vasco1dagama:
for example
flight booking ( departure)2/ 10/ 20
return flight (22/10/20.

sometimes you may not get a return flight for 22 but any return flight you get from 22 - 30 is ok
I. e. departure 2/10/ 20
return 26/10/20
or 27/10/20
or. 28/10/20
or 29/10/20
or 30/10/20
you have time to flex oyibo chicks well we'll.

Okay. But I mean can I make just 6days flight booking just to use the visa and come back so I will self isolate for the 6days then return to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 7:42am On Sep 30, 2020
graceodini:

Okay. But I mean can I make just 6days flight booking just to use the visa and come back so I will self isolate for the 6days then return to Nigeria.
the issue is not at your descretion to choose the numbers of days your flight will return.
if you check all airlines timetable recently you will discover that virtually all the flights don't return in 6 days time. I reckon they are considering the 14 days quarantine in their time table.
I hope you are not intending to book a one way ticket .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 7:47am On Sep 30, 2020
graceodini:

oga, just take enough leaf from work that will cover 25 or 30 days .
the possibility of getting 6 days return flight is quite slim at the moment.
Am quite sure you can not get a return flight within that range of 6 days .
I leave further explanation and objections to the gurus in the building.
I no be expert ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vasco1dagama(m): 8:09am On Sep 30, 2020
graceodini:

I want you to take note of the following:
covid 19 British immigration rule.

foreigners from some certain countries arriving the UK " MUST" quarantine for 14 days. Nigeria is among .
ok tell me how logical would it sound, to explain to ukba that you only intend to spend six days and return.
In this regard, you will be open to further scrutiny as to why do you intend to visit and remain indoor for just 6 days then check out there after. the way the situation is right now you will be subjected to series of questions .
considering the economic situation in Nigeria, we are not considered as " genuine visitors" . this attempt of yours will raise a red flag from barrage of interviews.

why can't you just save yourself by doing the way others are doing instead trying strange thing that may land you back in Nigeria.
don't forget, this officers are too quick to suspect us. you need to be smart to be able to enter UK now.
the situation in their country right now does not even permit visitors but owing to their established law on immigration they are still allowing people inn pending when Congress will take a stand.
don't forget that you are just visiting and not for business . a whole lot of eyebrows will emanate from this form of travel arrangements.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 8:18am On Sep 30, 2020
graceodini:

Official gov.uk information suggests if you are coming to the UK for less than 14 days, then you would have to isolate for all of your stay in the UK. However be prepared to face tougher scrutiny at the POE as to why you wanna come and lock yourself in for all of your stay.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 8:48am On Sep 30, 2020
graceodini:

My advice : This is specific for your situation because i think you just want to travel and use your visa! Flying to uk and back is already an experience regardless of what you’d do there! I get it!

Book a ticket and hotel/hostel for 17 days! IF you’re asked about your plans, Tell them you’re here to relax and vacay! The 14 days isolation is fine by you and you’ll use the extra 3 days for sightseeing after your isolation! This makes sense!

If you have someone you’re staying with,book 17 days ticket (Same story as above) you can leave anytime even before 14 days! Reschedule your ticket to an earlier date and return home!

Pls make sure you really isolate and follow the rules,you might get away with things,but it’ll ruin things for others!

Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:54am On Sep 30, 2020
princejunaid:
Hello house I need help.
My former wife travel to you uk for studying while I wait here run my business only discovered that she use me as we dependant that I will join her anytime soon but we separated last year December wen I get to know she now have a child in UK now my problem now is I want to apply with my new wedded wife I want to go for my master pls. Want can I do to proof we are not married together. Because it on their system that am married to we.
U will need to have a Divorce decree to prove you are no longer married to the former woman.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:58am On Sep 30, 2020
UhnNah:

My advice : This is specific for your situation because i think you just want to travel and use your visa! Flying to uk and back is already an experience regardless of what you’d do there! I get it!

Book a ticket and hotel/hostel for 17 days! IF you’re asked about your plans, Tell them you’re here to relax and vacay! The 14 days isolation is fine by you and you’ll use the extra 3 days for sightseeing after your isolation! This makes sense!

If you have someone you’re staying with,book 17 days ticket (Same story as above) you can leave anytime even before 14 days! Reschedule your ticket to an earlier date and return home!

Pls make sure you really isolate and follow the rules,you might get away with things,but it’ll ruin things for others!

Good luck!
Nice. But she didn't get her visa with hotel app. She mentioned that she is visiting a friend who is covering her accommodation and feeding. So she is looking for a means to tally up her intentions cus she really wants to travel for only 6 days.
This is the matter she has been trying to solve.

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.