Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,166 members, 7,811,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1440060 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Prettyfranca: 1:33pm On Dec 22, 2020
Nnemomatina:

OK, please if you get any information, please let me know.. Thanks.

And again, am I supposed to check in online and book for seat?

Yes ,I will check in online too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by princejunaid(m): 1:56pm On Dec 22, 2020
Pristinegold:
Good afternoon, I just called now and I was told decision has been made but I haven't received any email yet....What should I do now pls ??
Today made it 17 working days
How were you able to go about the call.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 2:03pm On Dec 22, 2020
Pristinegold:
Good afternoon, I just called now and I was told decision has been made but I haven't received any email yet....What should I do now pls ??
Today made it 17 working days

Have you tracked it on tls website ?
Give it some days....max 5 days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2020
I got the num from here https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/english

I was told to input my card details before I could speak to the person that told me decision has been made
princejunaid:

How were you able to go about the call.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2020
Yes I did after I made the call but still at DMC

Pls is this a good sign? sad I'm so worried about it
Sego12345:

Have you tracked it on tls website ?
Give it some days....max 5 days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sholsp: 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2020
Pristinegold:

check ur spam folder, check ur inbox.if you have not received any message from ukvi attaching a refusal note, you have likely been issued the visa.you have to wait for Tls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ivymich: 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2020
Compliment of the season to everyone, please my husband applied for UK visiting visa and did biometric since 9th November and till now we haven't gotten any message. I read here about mailing and calling them. Although he paid an agent to help him with the process which is why I want to ask if calling or mailing them is the right thing to do. And also has anyone gotten any positive respond from calling or mailing? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2020
Prettyfranca:

Yes ,I will check in online too

Please how is it done?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2020
Nnemomatina:

Please how is it done?

When it is 1 or 2days to your flight, use your reservation number to "manage booking" on the airline's website. It will tell you if online check-in is opened. I know British Airways opens 24hrs and Air france 30hrs to flight.

Once it is, you can choose your seat as well as provide your Advance Passenger Information(passport number , name, etc)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mojohnny(m): 7:38pm On Dec 22, 2020
Have you tried tracking it using the TLS app from the Playstore? That should be your first port of call.
Ivymich:
Compliment of the season to everyone, please my husband applied for UK visiting visa and did biometric since 9th November and till now we haven't gotten any message. I read here about mailing and calling them. Although he paid an agent to help him with the process which is why I want to ask if calling or mailing them is the right thing to do. And also has anyone gotten any positive respond from calling or mailing? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2020
iyatrustee:

When it is 1 or 2days to your flight, use your reservation number on the airline's website. It will tell you if online check-in is opened. I know British Airways opens 24hrs and Air france 30hrs to flight.

Once it is, you can choose your seat as well as provide your Advance Passenger Information(passport number , name, etc)

OK, thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TimelessOrnamen: 8:07pm On Dec 22, 2020
Good evening House,

Please i had already booked my flight for Dec 24th since two weeks using British airways and will be staying with my sister in London, should i be worried about POE since London is on Lockdown?

Any advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 9:14pm On Dec 22, 2020
TimelessOrnamen:
Good evening House,

Please i had already booked my flight for Dec 24th since two weeks using British airways and will be staying with my sister in London, should i be worried about POE since London is on Lockdown?

Any advise

BA allows change of date or cancellation for a voucher. However, I believe you should not be worried about POE. I have someone, on visitor visa, coming in tomorrow (23rd) with BA through Heathrow. Ask me tomorrow evening for update on their experience. Just make sure you complete your Passenger Locator Form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 10:47pm On Dec 22, 2020
I will be traveling to tier 4 area, although I'm supposed to resume work as nhs staff... Will my flight be canceled or even if there is travel bann, will I be affected?

I'm on tier 2 visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by a4money: 11:06pm On Dec 22, 2020
I was told to input my card details before I could speak to the person that told me decision has been made

What is your expenses on the call make, I mean what you were charged and duration of the call? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 12:47am On Dec 23, 2020
Nnemomatina:
I will be traveling to tier 4 area, although I'm supposed to resume work as nhs staff... Will my flight be canceled or even if there is travel bann, will I be affected?

I'm on tier 2 visa

Your flight won't be cancelled cos of tier 4, unless the UK Govt bans flights or your airline has other logistics issues. If you are using Heathrow, that airport is already tier 4 and flights can't be rerouted to other airports. Also, travelling in tier 4 for work is an exception from the tier 4 restrictions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by erico2k2(m): 2:28am On Dec 23, 2020
Brightingsus:

Your flight won't be cancelled cos of tier 4, unless the UK Govt bans flights or your airline has other logistics issues. If you are using Heathrow, that airport is already tier 4 and flights can't be rerouted to other airports. Also, travelling in tier 4 for work is an exception from the tier 4 restrictions.
it now all depends on 9ja FG if they bar flights from the UK yawah don gas, this is affecting me as well cos I have booked to come 9ja these periods, just fingers crossed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by erico2k2(m): 2:32am On Dec 23, 2020
Prettyfranca:

I will be flying with Turkish airline on 30th too,they haven’t sent any mail to me about cancellations or anything like that.
U guys better call Turkish Airlines, they are as dodgy as hell! BA from ABJ to Heathrow is £620 return, cheaper
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 4:33am On Dec 23, 2020
Pristinegold:

Exercise patience.

I can't predict the outcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 6:11am On Dec 23, 2020
erico2k2:

U guys better call Turkish Airlines, they are as dodgy as hell! BA from ABJ to Heathrow is £620 return, cheaper

This might be a basic economy flight were you are only entitled to hand luggage oo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tmeeto: 6:15am On Dec 23, 2020
tmeeto:
Good day everyone. Compliments of the season.

Has anyone successfully paid for the Uk visa fee using paga verve?

Secondly, when you use your Naira master/Visa card are the fees deducted/debited at black market rate?

??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 10:09am On Dec 23, 2020
Brightingsus:

OK, thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by erico2k2(m): 10:41am On Dec 23, 2020
Brightingsus:

This might be a basic economy flight were you are only entitled to hand luggage oo
in an International flight?who dies that??

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 10:45am On Dec 23, 2020
erico2k2:

BA a times has a category on economy that allows only Cabin bag and one personal item.

A lot of airlines offer Cabin bag only tickets on international routes.

The tickets are considerably cheaper
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 10:50am On Dec 23, 2020
erico2k2:

lol � your response is hilarious tho , but it's the truth. I almost fell victim last year seeing a cheap flight only to find out I'm only entitled to hand luggage.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 11:17am On Dec 23, 2020
erico2k2:

I am very conversant with BA classes. BA Economy has 3 levels: Basic Economy with only hand luggage entitlement, Standard Economy with a hand luggage, a laptop bag and 2 checked in luggage, then Premium Economy which is Standard Economy plus more benefits.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mojohnny(m): 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2020
A friend used this 3 weeks ago.
The rates were better because she was charged about 51k for the 130 US dollars. 2 weeks before that, I used a Wema Bank card and I was charged about 58k.
So its definitely a much cheaper option if you ask me.and definitely better than black market rates
tmeeto:

??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 1:52pm On Dec 23, 2020
Please oo, I'm just thinking too much, has anyone heard if Turkish is canceling flights already or has anyone's flight been canceled?

From Lagos to UK, just to transit in Turkey..

The situation of the country is really not pleasant... Covid palava
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by erico2k2(m): 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2020
Nnemomatina:
Please oo, I'm just thinking too much, has anyone heard if Turkish is canceling flights already or has anyone's flight been canceled?

From Lagos to UK, just to transit in Turkey..

The situation of the country is really not pleasant... Covid palava
Turkish is not in the travel corridor to the Uk, I think you should ring them to find out or Email them to be sure. They are terrible with information!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by erico2k2(m): 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2020
Brightingsus:

I am very conversant with BA classes. BA Economy has 3 levels: Basic Economy with only hand luggage entitlement, Standard Economy with a hand luggage, a laptop bag and 2 checked in luggage, then Premium Economy which is Standard Economy plus more benefits.
I think you are right!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tmeeto: 3:20pm On Dec 23, 2020
mojohnny:
A friend used this 3 weeks ago.
The rates were better because she was charged about 51k for the 130 US dollars. 2 weeks before that, I used a Wema Bank card and I was charged about 58k.
So its definitely a much cheaper option if you ask me.and definitely better than black market rates

Thanks for your response. I just wanted to confirm that it actually works.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 3:47pm On Dec 23, 2020
erico2k2:

Turkish is not in the travel corridor to the Uk, I think you should ring them to find out or Email them to be sure. They are terrible with information!

OK. Thank you.

They are not being specific and clear with their information.. Leaving people in the dark

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.