Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,028 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1439773 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2020
some times the immigration officer are crazy i remember when was put aside at Rome last year with lot of question.
sometimes dey get different attitude, like i got to juburg on Thursday, i was expecting tough questions from immigration but no just easy one no much question. i think it depend their mood

Mikey89:

Questions asked where alot I'm not sure I can remember all but some where rediculous
Locators form
Any family and friends
How much do you have to spend cash
How much do u have in your credit card
Why travel to a country in crisis on Christmas day and the eve of your birth day
You chose to stay at hereford..why hereford
Who told you about hereford
What do u do for a living
What company
How did you pay for your flight ticket let me see receipt if possible
Let me see your return ticket
Why chose to isolate on Xmas day and your birthday
First time travel? Why england

Few I can remember....omo...

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by prommy(f): 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2020
How much can one hold for to travel to London.The official one in case one is asked at POE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by evenda: 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2020
Hi All, please i need your input.
My husband and i intend to invite his pastor to the uk who is like a mother to him (his parents are late) and as such my MIL. This is planned for March just before i give birth. From the information i have read through in the threads, either of us can sponsor her fully, but i wondered we can co sponsor. this is because:
1. For communication proof/relationship, he has much more evidence of this - money transfers, photos,more call or chat logs than i do
2. I earn more than he does, and his current salary isn't up to the minimum requirement as he has a permanent part time job and does agency jobs other days (as both self employed & via PAYE). We have evidence of payments for all his income, but i just think providing proof of the other non-permanent jobs will be too messy as paper work. Though, if we added all his income together, he would meet the minimum requirement
3. Can he co-sponsor or( solely sponsor if we added all his income) - he is on his 1st lap of spouse visa as he only arrived april 2019.
4. Can i solely sponsor her visit even with my limited proof of relationship/communication? And if yes, can i include evidence to support application from what my husband has got? e.g bank statements to show proof of outgoing bills since our different monthly bills are taken from our different bank accounts (this seems like co sponsor to me though)
5. Is there any difference inthe 6months/2yrs visit visa? considering the 2years visa for her, though she will stay no more than 6 months at a go for each visit.

Lastly,

From my MIL side, in terms of ties to Nigeria, i believe she would need a supporting letter from her hubby stating his approval for her visit, her family photos.. Would she need to add evidence of her as owner of the church (registration documents?)- as that is the only thing she does - a head Pastor of the church.

Please feel free to input your suggestions too @Brightingsus - i read through your comments and saw you just invited your MIL

Thank you in advance for your replies
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 8:26am On Dec 27, 2020
For those flying through Turkish airline.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 8:36am On Dec 27, 2020
Does anyone know any flight that does not require covid 19. I'm suppose to travel on the 3rd of January through Turkish airline.
I can't imagine going through the stress of covid19 test.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 12:23pm On Dec 27, 2020
Sanmigbola:
Does anyone know any flight that does not require covid 19. I'm suppose to travel on the 3rd of January through Turkish airline.
I can't imagine going through the stress of covid19 test.

Seems the test is for those that their main destination is turkey. Not applicable to people in transit. You can call Turkish Airlines to confirm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chreze(m): 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2020
graceodini:

Seems the test is for those that their main destination is turkey. Not applicable to people in transit. You can call Turkish Airlines to confirm.

Emirate doesn’t require negative result for someone transiting to uk. You can read them up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 8:11am On Dec 28, 2020
graceodini:

It's applicable to people in transit.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 8:56am On Dec 28, 2020
Sego12345:

It's applicable to people in transit.

Okay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by erico2k2(m): 10:50am On Dec 28, 2020
prommy:
How much can one hold for to travel to London.The official one in case one is asked at POE
nobody will ask you howmuch you carry unless something is wrong or there is suspicious actions on your part.in all my 21 years of travel not once ha e I been asked that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by erico2k2(m): 10:51am On Dec 28, 2020
graceodini:

turkish airline will not go to UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by erico2k2(m): 10:55am On Dec 28, 2020
iyatrustee:

When it is 1 or 2days to your flight, use your reservation number to "manage booking" on the airline's website. It will tell you if online check-in is opened. I know British Airways opens 24hrs and Air france 30hrs to flight.

Once it is, you can choose your seat as well as provide your Advance Passenger Information(passport number , name, etc)
BA wo t let you do online check in reasons given you got to show your covid test cert at check in desk.
PS BA 83
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by erico2k2(m): 11:02am On Dec 28, 2020
kunzzy4me:

Wooow this is a scrutiny...thank God for you that you scale through....this questions are much N confusing...I really wish you can tell us how you respond to most of this questions

Why travel to a country in crisis on Christmas day and the eve of your birth day
Why chose to isolate on Xmas day and you
but at some point u got to draw a line when things get personal.Me I will raise my voice when I think someone is or going to take advantage of me.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2020
erico2k2:

turkish airline will not go to UK.

That's not true....Turkish airline will take you to UK once you have evidence of your covid test
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 1:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
Nnemomatina:
Hi gurus, I'm on tier 2 visa and booked for Turkish flight first week of January. The flight will get to turkey before leaving for UK the following day.. I just heard turkey has canceled flights to and from the UK..

What should I do

Can I contact turkish airline?
Will they flight be canceled?

Please help

Have you done your covid test ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:51pm On Dec 28, 2020
My cousin travelled with Turkish airlines, abuja to london on Dec 25... no cancellation as earlier reported, no covid test, had to wait for head office to confirm before they were allowed to fly. This took roughly 30 mins
For any confusions, go to their head office in abuja or lagos, they have real time information or call them. Either Nigerian branch or Turkish branch.
They would tell u exactly what to do, dnt rely on hearsay as we also thought Dec 25 flights were cancelled, but no... they travelled.

So this information is for what happend Dec 25... find out what is applicable to u and/or your travel date.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 2:30pm On Dec 28, 2020
erico2k2:

BA wo t let you do online check in reasons given you got to show your covid test cert at check in desk.
PS BA 83

Yeah, i noticed that...but my explanation was for normal times, covid has changed the new normal!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sholsp: 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2020
iyatrustee:

Yeah, i noticed that...but my explanation was for normal times, covid has changed the new normal!

I thought British airways does not require a covid test to fly to uk, has things changed?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Prettyfranca: 3:17pm On Dec 28, 2020
Sholsp:

I thought British airways does not require a covid test to fly to uk, has things changed?

British airways sent me a mail ,that I must present my covid negative result before boarding
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chreze(m): 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2020
Emirate is not requesting for COVID test to UK. Tho they have longer hours, but I believe getting to UK is what’s important right now and not extra hours.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by erico2k2(m): 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2020
Sego12345:

That's not true....Turkish airline will take you to UK once you have evidence of your covid test
wen did you use turkish airline pls?Turkey barred all thier airline from going to UK.cos of covid.It was not the UK barring them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by erico2k2(m): 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2020
Chreze:
Emirate is not requesting for COVID test to UK. Tho they have longer hours, but I believe getting to UK is what’s important right now and not extra hours.
emirate is on their dasafe corridor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by erico2k2(m): 6:01pm On Dec 28, 2020
iyatrustee:

yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by erico2k2(m): 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2020
giselle237:
My cousin travelled with Turkish airlines, abuja to london on Dec 25... no cancellation as earlier reported, no covid test, had to wait for head office to confirm before they were allowed to fly. This took roughly 30 mins
For any confusions, go to their head office in abuja or lagos, they have real time information or call them. Either Nigerian branch or Turkish branch.
They would tell u exactly what to do, dnt rely on hearsay as we also thought Dec 25 flights were cancelled, but no... they travelled.

So this information is for what happend Dec 25... find out what is applicable to u and/or your travel date.
But was that a turkey transit??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 6:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
erico2k2:

emirate is on their dasafe corridor

Please I want to ask a question. If one had a stop over in a country on travel corridor list do we still have to self isolate when we arrive England?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 6:41pm On Dec 28, 2020
graceodini:

Please I want to ask a question. If one had a stop over in a country on travel corridor list do we still have to self isolate when we arrive England?

Yeah. Subtract time spent there from the total quarantine time. Unless you stayed there for a duration of UK quarantine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by erico2k2(m): 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2020
graceodini:

ues now 10 days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheExalted: 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2020
erico2k2:

ues now 10 days

Are you saying isolation period has been reduced from 14 to 10 days? Gurus, kindly confirm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ukay2: 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2020
TheExalted:

Are you saying isolation period has been reduced from 14 to 10 days? Gurus, kindly confirm.

Yes Sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cadillac15(m): 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2020
erico2k2:

wen did you use turkish airline pls?Turkey barred all thier airline from going to UK.cos of covid.It was not the UK barring them

Turkish airlines have updated their notice to include transit passengers.

Everyone will have to provide covid 19 pcr results except I am missing out something here.

1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2020
[quote author=Sholsp post=97497933]

I thought British airways does not require a covid test to fly to uk, has things changed?[/quote

They still don't require covid test except if it is a new policy. However, online check-in is disabled for now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.